Page 394 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 396 404 444 494 894 1394 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    Ummmmm, yes, a psychiatrist is able to do psychotherapy, VP. LOL.
    Metis calls herself a psychiatrist, not a psychotherapist. Big diff... and no,not all psychiatrists have degrees in psychotherapy. A psychiatrist is a medical doctor. Only psychiatrists can prescribe meds. Yes, psychiatrists must have knowledge of mental illnesses, of course. This is how they make their diagnosis and prescribe the correct drugs. However, this does not make them psychotherapists.

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    What did you say?
    Messaged you with the details. Let's just say it warranted me coming out in the open on Facebook. I literally told everyone I knew, "Did something a little out of character for once today, but I felt it was the right thing to do. Trusted my instincts and I feel good about it now, though my heart is racing. I might say and do a lot of stupid stuff, but this is one thing I don't regret.

Same with the days I sold beanie babies on ebay when I was younger because I didn't like the thought of children struggling back in the Kosovo Relief days. Six hundred dollars raised just to make other children feel better during hard times.

Felt how I acted today was justified."

To keep it simple - Let her know people still defended her honor though when it came to false accusations and that even though I am 100% a Travis Alexander supporter. I realize that she is a hard working woman that has a family to provide for at the end of the day. I don't care if people hate me at the end of the day. I'm not going to be supportive of Jodi, but I'm not going to let people trample on those that are just trying to do their jobs. I mean think about it. Do you really think Nurmi wants to be there? I cant stay mad at Willmott. I told her regardless of the outcome of the trial I hope her family has a life of happiness and longevity.

I forgot to mention early Happy Mothers Day.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchan View Post
    omg! are you kidding?
    From Psychology Today Magazine:

Question: What's the Difference Between a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist?

Answer:

The question sounds like the setup for a joke, but it's an important difference to understand whether you are a student of psychology or a consumer searching for a mental health provider. The terms "psychologist" and "psychiatrist" are often used interchangeably to describe anyone who provides therapy services. While psychologists and psychiatrists both conduct psychotherapy and research, there are significant differences between the two professions.
    Education, Training, and Credentials

The simplest answer lies in the educational background required for each profession. A psychiatrist has a degree in medicine and a psychologist has a doctoral-level degree in psychology. However, there are a number of other distinctions that make each profession quite unique.

Psychologists receive graduate training in psychology and pursue either a Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) or Psy.D. (Doctor of Psychology) in clinical or counseling psychology. Doctorate programs typically take five to seven years to complete and most states require an additional one or two year long internship in order to gain licensure. Other states require an additional year or two of supervised practice before granting full licensure.

The title of "psychologist" can only be used by an individual who has completed the above education, training, and state licensure. Informal titles such as "counselor" or "therapist" are often used as well, but other mental health care professionals such as licensed social workers can also claim these titles.

Psychiatrists are physicians that have specific training in the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mental illnesses. In order to become a psychiatrist, students first earn an undergraduate degree before they attend medical school and receive an M.D. After finishing their medical training, they also complete an additional four years of residency training in mental health. Some also receive additional training in a specific area of interest such as geriatric psychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry, addictions, and other areas.

Prescribing Medications

A second important distinction between the two careers is that psychiatrists can prescribe medications, while in most states psychologists cannot. However, there has been a recent push to grant prescribing powers to psychologists. Some states such as New Mexico and Louisiana now grant prescribing privileges to medical psychologists holding a post-doctoral masters degree or equivalent in clinical psychopharmacology.

If you are considering a career as a therapist, you will need to determine which career path is best for you. Are you interested in conducting psychotherapy, administering psychological tests, and conducting research? If so, a career as a psychologist may be the best choice for you.

On the other hand, if you have an interest in medicine and want to be able to prescribe medications to your patients, a career in psychiatry might be your ideal choice."

Quote Originally Posted by Mousy View Post
    Messaged you with the details. Let's just say it warranted me coming out in the open on Facebook. I literally told everyone I knew, "Did something a little out of character for once today, but I felt it was the right thing to do. Trusted my instincts and I feel good about it now, though my heart is racing. I might say and do a lot of stupid stuff, but this is one thing I don't regret.

Same with the days I sold beanie babies on ebay when I was younger because I didn't like the thought of children struggling back in the Kosovo Relief days. Six hundred dollars raised just to make other children feel better during hard times.

To keep it simple - Let her know people still defended her honor though when it came to false accusations and that even though I am 100% a Travis Alexander supporter. I realize that she is a hard working woman that has a family to provide for at the end of the day. I don't care if people hate me at the end of the day. I'm not going to be supportive of Jodi, but I'm not going to let people trample on those that are just trying to do their jobs. I mean think about it. Do you really think Nurmi wants to be there? I cant stay mad at Willmott. I told her regardless of the outcome of the trial I hope her family has a life of happiness and longevity.

Good for you! How did you do it? I would love to drop the defense team a note.

I'm not into the bashing that goes on here when it comes to their physical appearance. And I don't bash them for defending Jodi. That's their jobs, and everyone is entitled to a defense in this country, regardless of how big an ass they are. And I think that even if they believe her, well, so do other people. Jodi is good at manipulation. I feel sorry for them on so many levels.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has a little softer feelings for the DT! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
    I second that
    gavel bang! the motion carries!!
    "The difference between theory and reality is this: In theory, there is no difference between the two. In reality, there is."
    If you lay down with dogs, you should't be surprised when you wind up with fleAs.
    Illegitimi non carborundum!

Last edited by lisam2013; 04-22-2013 at 11:09 AM.

WOW! honor?
    she pulled the stunt of waving Travis' penis pic around and screamed pedophile a million times while often laughing!
    There's a job to do with some class and then there's dirty assholes like Willmott that do it by playing dirty low down games. You wasted five bucks, she has no honor to defend.
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by VioletPlanet View Post
    Read my previous post to METIS. Make sense? It seems to me that when one resorts to calling out spelling mistakes which everyone makes at one time or another, then we are simply grasping for straws. I am here to figure out the details of this case and stick to the facts. Erroneous pissing competitions are a waste of time, don't you think?
    You should follow your own example, girl. Don't think I didn't see your passive-aggressive attack on Metis's career. Deny all you want, but I know what's hiding in that post, and it's ugly.

Talk about the case or shut your yap. Seriously.

Also, wanted to address the other thing you keep repeating: Alyce was 'claiming' that Juan was aggressive. I believe that was an act to try to garner sympathy for herself and Jodi. She actually has no right to question the tone or the types of questions the prosecutor (or any attorney) is asking.

She's supposedly a professional. She surely didn't act like one.

Metis calls herself a psychiatrist, not a psychotherapist. Big diff... and no,not all psychiatrists have degrees in psychotherapy. A psychiatrist is a medical doctor. Only psychiatrists can prescribe meds. Yes, psychiatrists must have knowledge of mental illnesses, of course. This is how they make their diagnosis and prescribe the correct drugs. However, this does not make them psychotherapists.
    I know all about it violet. How do you think that Psychiatrists can prescribe psychotropic meds? How do you think they learn about the disorders and are able to know all about what they do? They work with patients. I worked strictly with psychiatrists for years. Now, with the field of psychology filled in, many of them do strictly diagnosis and overseeing meds. But they are all schooled in psychotherapy. They were the pioneers in the field. Some are psychoneurologists. The big boys are the psychopharmacologists.

I know all about it violet. How do you think that Psychiatrists can prescribe psychotropic meds? How do you think they learn about the disorders and are able to know all about what they do? They work with patients. I worked strictly with psychiatrists for years. Now, with the field of psychology filled in, many of them do strictly diagnosis and overseeing meds. But they are all schooled in psychotherapy. They were the pioneers in the field. Some are psychoneurologists. The big boys are the psychopharmacologists.
    My dear, dear Annie! You are SO wasting your time in trying to explain anything. Some people know everything and are ALWAYS right. Hehehe xo

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    WOW! honor?
    she pulled the stunt of waving Travis' penis pic around and screamed pedophile a million times while often laughing!
    There's a job to do with some class and then there's dirty assholes like Willmott that do it by playing dirty low down games. You wasted five bucks, she has no honor to defend.
    She doesn't comport herself the best, but I don't think she's that horrible.

And yeah, she's screaming pedophile because that's the defense her client gave her. She's doing her job. Not very well, and not terribly professionally, but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by AgathaAppleswine View Post
    You should follow your own example, girl. Don't think I didn't see your passive-aggressive attack on Metis's career. Deny all you want, but I know what's hiding in that post, and it's ugly.

Also, wanted to address the other thing you keep repeating: Alyce was 'claiming' that Juan was aggressive. I believe that was an act to try to garner sympathy for herself and Jodi. She actually has no right to question the tone or the types of questions the prosecutor (or any attorney) is asking.

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    WOW! honor?
    Maybe honor wasn't the proper word. I guess what I was trying to defend was the fact she wasn't a toker. I guess I'm more-so worried about her children. Juan is doing a good job of smacking down those allegations of pedophilia, and I'm pretty sure anyone with a brain knows that Travis wasn't a pedo.

That's her credibility on the line. I gave her my reasons as to why I don't support Jodi and left it at that. That being said I will be happy the day I see Jodi gets acquainted with the needle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Other than what Arias has told you, what evidence have you seen that Alexander was physically abusive?

"I actually didn't see other evidences of physical violence by Travis," LaViolette said.

I rest my case against Alyce LaViolette.

VP, did you read this? Re-read it again in case it didn't stick.

Have a good night/morning, folks. I'm off to bed. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by poppym View Post
    Now THAT was her worst BULLSHIT EVER!!!!

Is it common for women to snap! No, it's usually SELF DEFENSE!

LIAR!!!

GAEN YERSEL JUAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Stress View Post
    +20 for the other significant lies she's just expounded on. And get it right hen, it's GAWN yersel, can't be letting us lot down now.
    I think we might both be wrong!

http://www.encyclo.co.uk/define/gaun%20yersel

That isnae how ah mind o' them spellin it in the Broons and Oor Wullie?

Ya poor Willmott

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

THIS^. go Aggy!!
    "The difference between theory and reality is this: In theory, there is no difference between the two. In reality, there is."
    If you lay down with dogs, you should't be surprised when you wind up with fleAs.

Alyce is indeed entitled to her opinion. But since she had incomplete information, the best thing she could have done on the stand is to admit, "I did not have that information, and thus, my diagnosis is faulty". Not to mention that she decided that Travis was the abuser, despite the fact that he voiced the fear he had of Jodi to people. And he said that he was 'nothing more than a dildo with a heartbeat" to Jodi.

Do you really think the DEFENSE told her whether she had incomplete info or not? They gave her what they wanted to give her. Their horrible mistake. RE: Travis fear: yes, he MAY have been afraid of her AT TIMES when the stalking escalated.... ( he was aware of her stalking) but when she was in his presence and they were having full-on sex, he didn't seem afraid based on the photo evidence. Also, based on their phone sex convos, he didn't seem afraid either...so when was he afraid if at all?

Men who are abusers don't claim that they are being used sexually. They'll do any slur against the woman, but they woul never admit that they feel so low about themselves to their victim. Abuse is about power, remember.

Yes, abuse is about power but not all men are afraid to confess their fears either. Travis made it clear to some friends that he knew Jodi was stalking him. Was he afraid or did he simply look at it as a challenge he would try to control all by himself?

If Alyce had said even once, "The relationship was troubled, and there were times when Mr. Alexander seemed to feel vulnerable", then I would have respect for Alyce and her opinions.

I agree here. Even without all the evidence available to her. Alyce should have said, that there COULD HAVE BEEN a possiblity that Travis felt vulnerable simply because he was a public figure and did not want to ruin that.

She has a right to her opinion, but she (and you) shouldn't be shocked that she gets bitch-slapped because her opinions are dumb and based on faulty information.
    What makes Alyce even worse is that once she was confronted with the truth, or with more evidence she didn't know of, she didn't say, "You know, I will have to think about this, and revisit my opinion now that I have this information". No. She didn't do that. She didn't consider the new evidence. Why? Because she had decided that Jodi was the victim, and anyone who ever said anything mean to her was just them being abusive.
    That's just BS.

If the Defense did not give her all the evidence then it seems she came to the conclusion she came to based on her opinion based on incomplete evidence NOT given to her. Is this her fault or the defense? I am stunned that the defense did not give her Jodi's Diaries after June 4. Incredible

Alyce chose to make Jodi a victim, despite mountains of evidence that proved the contrary.

Alyce chose to believe Jodi on the incomplete evidence given to her by the Defense.

Alyce's fault is not demanding the complete evidence re: Jodi's case from the defense. And if she did and they refused to give it to her...well then, she should not have testified at all.

That was uncalled for, WasThinking.

Is that why psychiatrists give recommendations for psychotherapists to their patients. Psychiatrists are NOT psychotherapists.

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
    My dear, dear Annie! You are SO wasting your time in trying to explain anything. Some people know everything and are ALWAYS right. Hehehe xo
    Anniebelle and I are trying to clarify our opinions and facts related to Jodi Arias Case. Is that not OK with you?
    Last edited by Peace Corpse; 04-14-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    Creating a new thread as the other one was crapping out the forum.

Please remember to stay on topic. Don't make it harder for your fellow posters to keep up by derailing the thread with off-topic chatter. Blatantly off-topic posts will be deleted. Be nice to other forum members. All opinions and theories are acceptable. Just because someone has a different opinion than your own doesn't make it wrong. Keep all disagreements civil and do not resort to name calling, flame wars, smite attacks, or other pissing matches. Thanks!

Original MDS Article

Carry on! Play nicely!
    Seems like someone isn't playing 'nicely.'

From Psychology Today Magazine:

Question: What's the Difference Between a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist?

Answer:

The question sounds like the setup for a joke, but it's an important difference to understand whether you are a student of psychology or a consumer searching for a mental health provider. The terms "psychologist" and "psychiatrist" are often used interchangeably to describe anyone who provides therapy services. While psychologists and psychiatrists both conduct psychotherapy and research, there are significant differences between the two professions.
    Education, Training, and Credentials

The simplest answer lies in the educational background required for each profession. A psychiatrist has a degree in medicine and a psychologist has a doctoral-level degree in psychology. However, there are a number of other distinctions that make each profession quite unique.

Psychologists receive graduate training in psychology and pursue either a Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) or Psy.D. (Doctor of Psychology) in clinical or counseling psychology. Doctorate programs typically take five to seven years to complete and most states require an additional one or two year long internship in order to gain licensure. Other states require an additional year or two of supervised practice before granting full licensure.

The title of "psychologist" can only be used by an individual who has completed the above education, training, and state licensure. Informal titles such as "counselor" or "therapist" are often used as well, but other mental health care professionals such as licensed social workers can also claim these titles.

Psychiatrists are physicians that have specific training in the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mental illnesses. In order to become a psychiatrist, students first earn an undergraduate degree before they attend medical school and receive an M.D. After finishing their medical training, they also complete an additional four years of residency training in mental health. Some also receive additional training in a specific area of interest such as geriatric psychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry, addictions, and other areas.

Prescribing Medications

A second important distinction between the two careers is that psychiatrists can prescribe medications, while in most states psychologists cannot. However, there has been a recent push to grant prescribing powers to psychologists. Some states such as New Mexico and Louisiana now grant prescribing privileges to medical psychologists holding a post-doctoral masters degree or equivalent in clinical psychopharmacology.

If you are considering a career as a therapist, you will need to determine which career path is best for you. Are you interested in conducting psychotherapy, administering psychological tests, and conducting research? If so, a career as a psychologist may be the best choice for you.

On the other hand, if you have an interest in medicine and want to be able to prescribe medications to your patients, a career in psychiatry might be your ideal choice."
    yea, and Dr. Samuals uses magazine articles instead of actual research too. you are so smart.

Maybe honor wasn't the proper word. I guess what I was trying to defend was the fact she wasn't a toker. I guess I'm more-so worried about her children. Juan is doing a good job of smacking down those allegations of pedophilia, and I'm pretty sure anyone with a brain knows that Travis wasn't a pedo.

That's her credibility on the line. I gave her my reasons as to why I don't support Jodi and left it at that. That being said I will be happy the day I see Jodi gets acquainted with the needle.
    oh please! you wanted to insert yourself and you did.
    If that was your son with their throat slashed would you worry about Willmott defending the perp? You wouldn't mind her dirty tricks then?
    I'm sure if she made it throw law school without your help a little false information isn't going to kill her. Her kids, are you kidding me? WTH do they have to do with her being capable of handling anything here? Do you really think if it was one of her kids laying in that morgue she'd give a shit about you or some stupid posts? Or appreciate a low down lawyer pulling the stunts she does? I call BS

Is that why psychiatrists give recommendations for psychotherapists to their patients. Psychiatrists are NOT psychotherapists.
    That is just plain wrong. Psychiatrists can be psychotherapists. Licensed professional counselors can be psychotherapists. Clinical social workers can be psychotherapists. psychologists can be psychotherapists.

I am happy to share my credentials with you, but you go first, what are yours?

Thread Information