Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Maimi Marlins Pitcher Jose Fernandez (24) killed in a boating accident with two friends

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

I thought it was odd for his friends to say that they needed to "keep Jose cool". Anger issues, maybe?
    Thank you! I'm not a tin hat girl, I just saw that and it made me weirded out.

and this;

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/...FML?li=BBnb7Kz

Several Marlins teammates declined Jose Fernandez?s invitation to join him on boat
    made me think this;

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    .... this is odd.

Could this possibly... not have been an accident? Why would you be scared of letting someone go on a boat with his mate?
    As in, maybe his team mates thought he was suicidal? Is what I meant by not an accident, it's just a high profile case and I'm scared to write too much to attract angry humans here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3810152/Pitcher-Jose-Fernandez-broke-engagement-former-Marlins-cheerleader-Carla-Mendoza-woman-got-pregnant-baby-month-later.html

In all the articles I have read they have named Carla Mendoza as his longtime girlfriend. This adds an interesting twist to this story.

Not sure how to post links up, any help is greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Thank you! I'm not a tin hat girl, I just saw that and it made me weirded out.

and this;

made me think this;

As in, maybe his team mates thought he was suicidal? Is what I meant by not an accident, it's just a high profile case and I'm scared to write too much to attract angry humans here.
    It seems everyone knew it wasn't a smart idea to go out at night except Jose Fernandez.
    This is from the Yahoo sports article where they interviewed Willie Bernal
    'Bernal stepped outside and took the call. Rivero’s friend, Jose Fernandez, had asked him to go for a late-night ride on a 32-foot fishing boat into the wee hours of Sunday. This sounded bad. Bernal had ridden on a boat at night once, and it was terrifying. Not just the darkness, but the choppy waves from the rain earlier in the day and the threat of other boats and the objects obscured by the night.
    “I told him it was a horrible idea,” Bernal said. “Do everything you can to get him off the boat. Do whatever you can to get him on land.”

I'm sorry I suck at posting. I'm going to learn how to do it before I post again, I know how annoying it is 😬 I apologize!!

Quote Originally Posted by MexMe View Post
    I'm sorry I suck at posting. I'm going to learn how to do it before I post again, I know how annoying it is �� I apologize!!
    You don't suck, I still sometimes multi-post - I just try to wait now until I have all my lurking done first, then post!

That above info is interesting, he would have had some shit to deal with in his personal life, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm convinced that they were under the influence. JMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

MARLINS PITCHER JOSE FERNANDEZ REPORTEDLY FOUGHT WITH PREGNANT GIRLFRIEND BEFORE HIS DEATH

The Miami Marlins player and his pregnant girlfriend had been fighting the night of his tragic boat accident that killed him along with two friends. Will Bernal, a friend of Eddy Rivero who died in the accident, told the Miami Herald, he believed Fernandez was stressed over the argument he had with Arias.

?I was trying everything in my power to try to convince [Rivero] to not go out on the boat, and Jos?, too,? Bernal said.

The other person killed in the boating accident was Emilio Macias. The bodies of all three men were recovered earlier this week in the area where the boat crashed. Bernal posted a photo of his last exchange with Rivero and it will seriously break your heart.

Arias has yet to comment on Fernandez's death or the rumor that they were fighting when he died. She is reportedly set to give birth in February.

?I?m so glad you came into my life,?? Fernandez posted a photo of Arias on Instagram just a week ago. ?I?m ready for where this journey is gonna take us together. #familyfirst.??

Senator Marco Rubio paid tribute to the baseball player during a speech on the Senate floor.

"When Miami saw Jos? on the mound, they saw more than just a right arm," Rubio said. "They saw their hopes and dreams and aspirations. This is what the American dream looks like, and boy, is the American dream alive and well."

http://www.latina.com/entertainment/...nd-fight-death
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

So he broke up with his fianc? in April and his gf is due at the end of Feb. That would put her getting pregnant in April. I wonder if the fight had anything to do with his ex? It seems as if they really didn't know each other that long to be living together and having a baby so early into the relationship. IMO

Sadly, most people think that drinking while boating is part of the ambience and a required activity. I won't get on the water if anyone we are out with has been drinking. Water and drinking don't mix.
    I beg to differ.

I know plenty of people who drink when they go out, I do as well. Of course, going 4.5 knots in a sailboat is different than 40 knots on a powerboat. If you are the captain, you are responsible for all souls on board and must behave accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    What the fuck was the problem with Jose that night? That sounds like the type of thing girlfriends do when they're having "guy" problems, and they call a friend to go out with them. What did he need to "cool down" from? He have a fight with the pregnant girlfriend? Also, why were the authorities so quick to say no drugs or alcohol were involved? Looks like he was partying his ass off. He also was familiar with the area, so the rocks were NOT something he didn't know were there. So many questions.

I do a lot of night sailing and visual ques and visibility can be confusing. Anything from car lights from the shore, different lights can be disorienting. We don't know if he was using a chartplotter or paying attention. I would hope a breakwater like that would be well marked but I've seen them where they aren't.

Scenes from boat wreck

Looks pretty long and low to the water.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...104261146.html

There have been problems with this particular jetty.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...104335386.html
    Last edited by PCP777; 09-28-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PCP777 View Post
    I beg to differ.

I know plenty of people who drink when they go out, I do as well. Of course, going 4.5 knots in a sailboat is different than 40 knots on a powerboat. If you are the captain, you are responsible for all souls on board and must behave accordingly.

Fair enough. I do get the difference. Hanging out on a boat with a few beers is one thing. My watercraft of choice is a jetski that goes 80mph. Sometimes people want to come out and ride and drink. That's no different that drinking and driving at high rates of speed. I see people get hurt from time to time on the PWC, without alcohol, so I don't even want to mildly tempt fate by adding alcohol. (plus I see a bunch of dickwads on the water that shouldn't be on it without alcohol, and don't know what they are doing on the PWC).

The friend not wanting his friend to get in the boat with Jose makes me think Jose had a history of driving the boat like a lunatic. He was upset, he was probably tired (it was 3 am) and could possibly have been drinking. That's a bad combo.

Drinking a couple of beers on a boat, during the day, while you are a seasoned captain is nbd. Drinking in excess is stupid and a bad idea.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Fair enough. I do get the difference. Hanging out on a boat with a few beers is one thing. My watercraft of choice is a jetski that goes 80mph. Sometimes people want to come out and ride and drink. That's no different that drinking and driving at high rates of speed. I see people get hurt from time to time on the PWC, without alcohol, so I don't even want to mildly tempt fate by adding alcohol. (plus I see a bunch of dickwads on the water that shouldn't be on it without alcohol, and don't know what they are doing on the PWC).
    Yeah, I see the craziest stuff with jet skiers. Anybody that's operating any kind of power boat needs to be careful. Plus, the Game Wardens on our lake are very aggressive with powerboaters, they pretty much ignore us sailors.

This is how I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    The friend not wanting his friend to get in the boat with Jose makes me think Jose had a history of driving the boat like a lunatic. He was upset, he was probably tired (it was 3 am) and could possibly have been drinking. That's a bad combo.

Drinking a couple of beers on a boat, during the day, while you are a seasoned captain is nbd. Drinking in excess is stupid and a bad idea.
    Keep in mind, my boat will probably never exceed 8 MPH, but yeah.

Bag of autographed Jose Fernandez baseballs washes up on Miami beach

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/09/...hed-baseballs/

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by PCP777 View Post
    Yeah, I see the craziest stuff with jet skiers. Anybody that's operating any kind of power boat needs to be careful. Plus, the Game Wardens on our lake are very aggressive with powerboaters, they pretty much ignore us sailors.

This is how I do it.

Keep in mind, my boat will probably never exceed 8 MPH, but yeah.
    Beautiful boat (and pic)! Yeah, I think the object of a boat like that is to chill, drink a little, and just relax.

The boat police are pretty stringent at the beach and on the river, but the lakes are all but ignored here.

Thank you RBW

I couldn't agree more. The dude who was trying to keep his friend from getting on the boat with Jose, had been on the boat with Jose. He had a close call. It's obvious. Fuck he's telling him to turn on his Find my iPhone and do everything he can to be found. This guy absolutely knew that Jose was a liability and a danger behind the wheel. He did everything he could to keep his friend from getting on that boat, but damn.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpienne View Post
    I couldn't agree more. The dude who was trying to keep his friend from getting on the boat with Jose, had been on the boat with Jose. He had a close call. It's obvious. Fuck he's telling him to turn on his Find my iPhone and do everything he can to be found. This guy absolutely knew that Jose was a liability and a danger behind the wheel. He did everything he could to keep his friend from getting on that boat, but damn.
    Well said. I agree. I don't actually believed it was a suicide attempt but I do believe he was out of control and judging by the statements of his friends to one another that night, it wasn't the first time he was out of control, just the last.

Wow what a beauty!

Not surprised. Do they even know who was driving the boat?

FFS. They were all fucked up and crashed the boat. There's no way to "frame" people when that's the case.

Thread Information