Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trudi & Michael Hardman & 3 of their children were killed in car crash en route to Disney World

Trudi & Michael Hardman & 3 of their children were killed in car crash en route to Disney World

This happened right near me, and it is AWFUL. Their 16-year-old was driving; they're saying he fell asleep. His parents and 3 siblings died. They were on their way to Disney World, FFS. Life is cruel.

OUACHITA PARISH, LA. (KLTV) - Five people from Terrell were killed and three others were injured in a crash Wednesday night in Ouachita Parish in Louisiana.

Eight people were in the car at the time of the wreck and six were ejected from the vehicle. The group was traveling from Texas to Walt Disney World in Florida for a family vacation.
    Louisiana State Police responded at 10:46 p.m. to a single-vehicle wreck on Interstate 20, west of Calhoun. Police say the family was traveling eastbound on Interstate 20 in a 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe, near the Highway 80 exit, when it veered into the median. The driver, a 16-year-old, overcorrected and the vehicle rolled over.

As the vehicle rolled, six of the eight occupants were ejected. Five passengers were pronounced dead at the scene by Ouachita Parish Coroner's Office.

Trudi Hardman, a kindergarten teacher at Wills Point ISD, and her husband Michael Hardman, a second-grade teacher at Terrell ISD, were killed in the crash. Michael Hardman was also a a former teacher at Wills Point. Three of their children, ages 4, 7 and 15 were also killed in the wreck. One of the students was a Wills Point High School sophomore and another was an intermediate school student.

The driver, a junior at Wills Point ISD, and the two remaining passengers were taken to a hospital with minor to moderate injuries. None of the ejected passengers were wearing a seatbelt.

Van Zandt County Fire Marshal/Emergency Management says the children and their parents were active in the school and in the Wills Point Baseball Association.

The Wills Point ISD superintendent and athletic director are headed to Louisiana to be with the family. The high school principal said there will be a memorial after Thanksgiving.

Wills Point ISD released this statement in response to the crash:

"Words cannot express the sadness in our hearts today. The Hardman family was in a serious accident in Louisiana last night. 5 family members were lost in the accident and 3 survived. Mrs. Hardman was a Kindergarten teacher at our Primary. Please keep the family and their friends in your thoughts and prayers. The impact of the tragedy is far reaching and has effected each campus. Also, keep the family of Jami Johnson, another teacher, in your prayers as this has also impacted her family as well with the loss of one son and two others injured. Counselors are available on each campus for students and staff."

Troopers believe the driver may have fallen asleep prior to the crash and impairment is not suspected as a cause of the wreck. The crash remains under investigation. The LSP released a statement following the crash, cautioning drivers to buckle up.

"Our heartfelt condolences go out to all of the people affected by this tragic crash," said Colonel Mike Edmonson, Lousiana State Police superintendent. "Crashes like this one don't just affect the people involved. They affect family members, friends, troopers, first responders and the community at large. In an instance, this family vacation turned into an unspeakable tragedy. I cannot stress enough the importance of wearing a seatbelt anytime you are in a vehicle."
    http://m.ksla.com/ksla/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:yydP1eAU

Another article with more photos.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/27439630/north-texas-teachers-children-killed-on-road-trip

Trudi's FB:

https://m.facebook.com/trudi.wagonerhardman?fref=ts

OMG. This is awful.

As an aside, I made all of my kids wait until 18 to drive. And even then, it scared the shit outta me.

Sometimes, there is just too much sadness to read about. I hope the 16 year old can overcome this.

RIP Hardmans

A 16-year-old driver likely fell asleep at the wheel and left the road. He overcorrected and the family's Chevy Tahoe began rolling, police said.

Police said six of the eight people in the SUV were not wearing a seatbelt and were ejected.

The driver was properly restrained and survived with only minor injuries, police said.
    http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/274396...d-on-road-trip

The proper restraints may have saved this family. Per http://www.cars.com/chevrolet/tahoe/2005/snapshot the maximum passenger capacity is 9 so there were enough seatbelts.

The dad's FB https://m.facebook.com/michael.hardman.161?refid=17
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 11-20-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

This just rips your heart out.

I hope the best for the kids who survived. I know a girl whose family died in a car accident, and unfortunately all she ended up doing was drinking away the money she got from their life insurance, or whatever money she got from their deaths.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Sometimes, there is just too much sadness to read about. I hope the 16 year old can overcome this.

RIP Hardmans

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/274396...d-on-road-trip

The proper restraints may have saved this family. Per http://www.cars.com/chevrolet/tahoe/2005/snapshot the maximum passenger capacity is 9 so there were enough seatbelts.

The dad's FB https://m.facebook.com/michael.hardman.161?refid=17
    My 16 year old flipped my Durango a couple of years ago with her 2 little brothers in it. It flipped 6-9 times. They all were wearing seat belts and the 5 year old in a booster seat too. The only injury was she broke her neck and back. So seat belts can definitely make a difference.

I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

God damn it, people. Wear your seatbelts. Especially if you're in a car driven by a 16-year-old.

This so unbearably sad, but at the same time it's fucking maddening. Wear your seatbelt and not only will you most likely survive, your negligence won't have absolutely destroyed someone so dear to you. And these were kids, too. Fine, don't wear your seatbelt, but make sure your children do.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    God damn it, people. Wear your seatbelts. Especially if you're in a car driven by a 16-year-old.

This so unbearably sad, but at the same time it's fucking maddening. Wear your seatbelt and not only will you most likely survive, your negligence won't have absolutely destroyed someone so dear to you. And these were kids, too. Fine, don't wear your seatbelt, but make sure your children do.
    This. This woman was a teacher, you would think something as basic as seat belt safety would be in her mind and taught at least to her own personal children. Now this boy has to go through his entire life knowing he accidentally murdered more than half of his family. This might have had a totally different outcome....or at least a slightly less tragic one.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I never understand why people don't wear seatbelts. It's so simple.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

We're about to take a 12 hour road trip road trip tomorrow, and I don't care how much the boys complain, those seatbelts NEVER come off, and I get on our 9 year old constantly for sitting upright so it'll work properly if we wreck.

This is tragic, but probably avoidable. Sad.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    It drives me insane when I hear stories like this because it most likely could have been prevented. They should have worn their seatbelts first of all and second, let the 16 year old handle the daytime driving to be on the safe side. That poor kid will probably never want to get behind the wheel of a car again. Absolutely tragic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

This almost happened to me when I was a kid. On a family trip, home from Disney. My uncle was driving and everyone fell asleep, including him. Somehow he woke up before we could crash.

That same uncle later died in a car accident. Wasn't wearing his seat belt and went through the windshield.

Wear your seat belts, kids. :(

Family vacation to Disney World turns to tragedy after 5 killed in late-night crash in Louisiana

Five family members from Texas, traveling to Walt Disney World, were killed in a late-night crash on Interstate 20.

According to a news release from Louisiana State Police, the crash happened about 10:46 p.m. west of Calhoun

The family was traveling from Texas to Walt Disney World in Florida for a family vacation, officials said.

According to a preliminary investigation, a 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe, driven by a 16-year-old, was traveling east on Interstate 20 when the vehicle ran off the road to the left into the median.

"After entering the median, the driver overcorrected and the vehicle began to rollover. As the vehicle was rolling over, six of the eight occupants were ejected. Five passengers were pronounced dead at the scene by the Ouachita Parish Coroner?s Office," a release from State Police said.

The dead include three children ages 4, 7, and 15 as well as two adults, Michael and Trudi Hardman of Terrell, Texas.

According to the Van Zandt County Fire Marshal's Facebook page, one of the adults was a current teacher at Willis Point Independent School. The other adult was a former teacher at Willis Point High School teacher and was currently teaching in another district.

The 16-year-old driver, who was wearing a seat belt, was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries. Two additional passengers were taken to hospitals with moderate injuries.

None of the ejected passengers were wearing a seat belt, police said.

?Our heartfelt condolences go out to all of the people affected by this tragic crash,? said Col. Mike Edmonson, Louisiana State Police superintendent. ?Crashes like this one don?t just affect the people involved. They affect family members, friends, Troopers, first responders and the community at large. In an instance this family vacation turned into an unspeakable tragedy. I cannot stress enough the importance of wearing a seat belt anytime you are in a vehicle.?

Troopers believe the 16-year-old may have fallen asleep before the crash.

"Although impairment is not suspected, a toxicology sample was obtained from the driver and will be submitted for analysis as required by law," police said.

The crash remains under investigation.

According to the Van Zandt County Fire Marshal's Facebook page, a community gathering was scheduled for 8 p.m. Thursday to remember the victims.

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the family with expenses.

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/...inkId=10664474
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

There's already a thread. Yours is better, but.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...o-Disney-World

Threads have been merged

I hope they get that kid in to therapy. Stat.

That car is not in bad condition, the fact that they weren't wearing seat belts is definitely what killed them. So sad.

"State police spokesman Michael Reichardt says the driver was charged with reckless operation of a vehicle." Snipped from http://www.wtva.com/news/national/st...Gv3LgnVGA.cspx

Yea, that's what the kid needs. We understand you killed most of you family but can you sign here for me?

....are they fucking serious?

I could maybe understand if the kid hit another car and killed someone else, but he didn't. Wow. That poor fucking kid. I just want to give him a hug.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Seriously? He's suffered enough and will continue to for the rest of his life. If he's clean and doesn't have anything in his system, let it go.

A prosecutor says he is dismissing the ticket issued to a Texas teenager who apparently fell asleep at the wheel and caused a wreck that killed five members of his family as they were headed to Disney World.

District Attorney Jerry Jones tells The News-Star (http://tnsne.ws/11pd4nb ) that the 16-year-old has been punished enough, and there's no need to add to his pain.

KNOE-TV (http://bit.ly/1tdvpuN ) reports that Jones has dismissed the misdemeanor ticket for careless driving.

State police say the sport utility vehicle veered off Interstate 20 in Ouachita Parish in Louisiana and flipped, ejecting six of the eight people in the car. Three children and two adults were killed.

The family was traveling to Disney World for a Thanksgiving vacation.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...siHy?ocid=iehp
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    A prosecutor says he is dismissing the ticket issued to a Texas teenager who apparently fell asleep at the wheel and caused a wreck that killed five members of his family as they were headed to Disney World.

District Attorney Jerry Jones tells The News-Star (http://tnsne.ws/11pd4nb ) that the 16-year-old has been punished enough, and there's no need to add to his pain.

KNOE-TV (http://bit.ly/1tdvpuN ) reports that Jones has dismissed the misdemeanor ticket for careless driving.

State police say the sport utility vehicle veered off Interstate 20 in Ouachita Parish in Louisiana and flipped, ejecting six of the eight people in the car. Three children and two adults were killed.

The family was traveling to Disney World for a Thanksgiving vacation.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...siHy?ocid=iehp
    Finally. Someone with some sense. I'm glad to hear that they took mercy on the poor kid. I still hope he's in serious therapy. I cannot imagine the guilt he's going to be saddled with. And their lives will be completely turned upside down. Poor kid.

This happened in my hometown. It's huge news down there. People are outraged that the DA didn't decide to charge. Yeah, I don't understand why they are.

Jerry Jones is right IMO. This boy has suffered enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    This happened in my hometown. It's huge news down there. People are outraged that the DA didn't decide to charge. Yeah, I don't understand why they are.

Jerry Jones is right IMO. This boy has suffered enough.
    WTF? It's not like the kid got hopped up on magic mushrooms and ran over a toddler. He was driving with his parents permission and under their supervision. If anyone is to blame for the accident, it's the parents, who put the kid in this position and weren't wearing their seat belts. Why would you charge him?
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information