Page 502 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 500 501 502 503 504 512 552 602 1002 1502 ... LastLast
Results 12,526 to 12,550 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermomma View Post
    It's normal. Clinical rotations (even paid ones) last only a few months.
    True. This gives them a more rounded exposure to all the aspects.

I just re-watched some of yesterday's testimony on In Session. Apparently there are no juror questions as of the end of the day. This reinforces my belief that most of the jury questions to Defense witnesses were more an expression of their feelings about the testimony than true questions of the "professionals". Dr. D was clear and concise and followed up with examples of Stabby's behavior to support her opinions. I am looking forward to seeing JW flail around with her notes and her voice getting more high-pitched while Dr. D stays calm and unflappable. Dr. D absolutely crushed the Defense. Nurmi didn't take his eyes off Dr. D, but nodded off during Defense "experts". Does he have a crush possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvian View Post
    No I would not be jumping up and down and cheering him on. It was not appropriate, hand on her hip calling the Doctor out as being too young and inexperienced? She couldn't even get her facts straight, kept pausing, was unorganised.
    JW clearly wasn't ready to cross. That was priceless and obvious when JM abruptly ended his exam. Nurmi and JW had a fast "conference" at that point!!!

I expect JW to be a perfect bitch today. JM will have to choose if he objects much, or let his witness suffer a little so the defense can make a fool of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHamburglar View Post
    Ha ha, at one point during JDM's testimony Nurmi was gazing at her with a look that said he was mesmorized. I couldn't help but laugh to my self.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    I just re-watched some of yesterday's testimony on In Session. Apparently there are no juror questions as of the end of the day. This reinforces my belief that most of the jury questions to Defense witnesses were more an expression of their feelings about the testimony than true questions of the "professionals". Dr. D was clear and concise and followed up with examples of Stabby's behavior to support her opinions. I am looking forward to seeing JW flail around with her notes and her voice getting more high-pitched while Dr. D stays calm and unflappable. Dr. D absolutely crushed the Defense. Nurmi didn't take his eyes off Dr. D, but nodded off during Defense "experts". Does he have a crush possibly?
    I noticed him as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermomma View Post
    Does anyone know what happened Jodi's aunt? I haven't seen her in court once since it was rumored that Dr. Phil was paying her mother to take notes.
    Perhaps she got booted for being crass. She dropped a f-bomb on our member faq_q during proceedings for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Look at Stabby saluting Dr Demarte yesterday when she finally looked up

https://twitter.com/PoorPaula/status...294657/photo/1
    please... she's just adjusting her glasses...

Maybe this world is another planet's hell
    Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Perhaps she got booted for being crass. She dropped a f-bomb on our member faq_q during proceedings for no good reason.
    What? I missed that. Twin dropped f-bomb on our faq? What was the context?

Regarding the funeral pics - can anyone identify the pall bearers? I know it's his brother Steven at the right front. Does anyone know who the other men are?

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/...anders-funeral

What? I missed that. Twin dropped f-bomb on our faq? What was the context?
    I believe this is in reference to when a mds member went to court and tried to pass in front of JA's mom and aunt. The aunt put up her foot,to stop her from sitting in the front row and said something along the lines of "who the f are you?"

JA's mom, told the aunt there was plenty of room and to let the mds member through. Seems the aunt has a bit of an attitude

Quote Originally Posted by qtkitycat View Post
    I believe this is in reference to when a mds member went to court and tried to pass in front of JA's mom and aunt. The aunt put up her foot,to stop her from sitting in the front row and said something along the lines of "who the f are you?"

JA's mom, told the aunt there was plenty of room and to let the mds member through. Seems the aunt has a bit of an attitude
    I also believe this was Placroix's experience that happened back in January (?)

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    Well, that had all the poise and conviction of a high school production of Our Town. I expected JW to start snapping her fingers in an effort to capture a fleeting coherent thought. It was almost like she spent the previous night in front of a mirror rehearsing a script written on flashcards the night before--flashbacks to public speaking class.

So what are everyone's missing links? What 3 questions do you have that are yet to be answered? Mine:

1. What exactly did Jodi do that prompted Travis to threaten to expose her lies?
    2. (Possible answer to Question 1??) Did Jodi ever try to pull any pregnancy fuckery as a means of manipulation?
    3. What the hell is in those THOUSANDS of pages of emails? Gimme, I want to read it all!
    Are you talking about three things that you want to see in order for the prosecution case to be complete, or just three things you want to know?

Because I have tons of things I want to know about the case, but I think that my questions have been answered.

I'm more concerned with how all the loose ends are going to be tied up. I think I see where the prosecution is going, so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show.

If I had to pick three details about this case that I'd want to know, I guess they would be:

1. Same as you. What set Travis Alexander off with that long, angry text.
    2. What really happened in that bathroom.
    3. Where the knife and gun went -- are they really in the desert, was the knife really TA's, or did she hide them somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    JW clearly wasn't ready to cross. That was priceless and obvious when JM abruptly ended his exam. Nurmi and JW had a fast "conference" at that point!!!

I expect JW to be a perfect bitch today. JM will have to choose if he objects much, or let his witness suffer a little so the defense can make a fool of themselves.
    This is what I love about JM. When its his turn for cross, no matter when the defense is done with their questions, he always stands right up and gets going. He's ready at all times.
    I think he knew the DT weren't expecting him to wrap up with JD as fast as he did. they probably thought they'd have at least a night to prepare. He got right to the facts, disputed everything the 2 DT expert witnesses spewed out for over 3 weeks, in just a few hours. Amazing.
    I know my post probably belongs in the Martinez Fan Club thread

Eh? That wasn't me. That was another member that went to court in February and tried to sit in the family section by accident. I did however, sit behind her/him/it during my time in court. Creepy!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

I also believe this was Placroix's experience that happened back in January (?)
    Correct, sorry, you are right, it was in January now that I remember. I have to make it back either tomorrow or early next week. Any suggestions for which day? Anyone? I leave for Cabo on the 30th, hope the trial isn't over or verdict read when I get back on the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    Does anyone know who the blonde is in the picture with Jodi?
    It's her friend Patti.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    True, but she did not practice as a Masters-level clinician for any length of time...went right into the PhD program after getting her Masters.

Okay, but what did she do with that time? After finishing her internship and getting her PhD in 8/2009, she worked 20 hours a week, doing 4 or so evaluations per week from 9/2009-1/2010, then took 2 months off to study for boards. She started working full-time in 3/2010 at the place she became director of when she got licensed in 7/2010.

So, 4 months of working 20 hours a week was the valuable experience she put off getting licensed for?
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianadalba View Post
    She said she was working 20 hours in one place, 20 hours in another place, and in addition she was teaching. You need to remember that her strongest point is performing and analyzing psychological tests, which she has been doing since 2004, that is why the prosecution hired her.
    Someone commented that experience is not everything and I agree, you can see the difference between her and Dr. Samuels doing a shoddy work while performing the tests. It is obvious that the defense will try to attack her, but she is showing RELIABLE data, with RELIABLEinstruments that have been used for DECADES to diagnose different things. There is an ocean of difference when you show RELIABLE data (Demarte) vs subjective interpretation (lLaViolette)
    She said several times yesterday she was teaching and that she was, as Adrianadalba points out, at one point working two jobs that at a min of 20 hrs a week each. She hasn't pointed out a cheer leading squad in the court room, her father or anyone else either. No one who sits on that witness stand, who has taken that seat with the intention of answering each question with honesty and candor and who will not attempt to deceive or mislead needs any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I thought yesterday was a good day. JM's Dr was very good on the stand with him. Her answers were short and to the point. She also got in some really GOOD statements about Jodi. And she pieced together just fine Dr. Fog's bubble sheets and how ridiculous his record keeping was. IMO, I bet the jury is picking up on the defense stalling just to keep the money meter going.

On the other side: If I was a defense lawyer, I would have also attacked her experience and the Dr's statement about compassion.
    I thought Palin was doing good, but then she got all turned around and confused again.
    I'm not sure how Palin is going to try to discredit her and rehab Alyce at the same time. I def. think Alyce did the most damage to the defense than any other witness. IMO, I don't think Alyce can be rehabbed to much with the jury.

From the people in the courtroom that observed-they all say the jury was writing notes yesterday, and they didn't look bored. I suspect that Palin will still attack the dr. today on experience, but I really don't think it's going to work that well at all. That is really all Palin has on this doctor.

HLN said that the defense also gets to do a rebuttal to the rebuttal. If that's true, that sucks!!
    JW spent her 45 minutes yesterday mostly chasing her own tail. The funniest part was when she said "That was my question" when it clearly wasn't when Demarte was trying to clarify exactly what she trying to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverClipper View Post
    Wonder how long JW will keep Dr. DeMarte on the stand this morning?

I can't wait to get to the witness that is going to testify about the altercation at the Hughes house where JA confronted Skye and then refused to leave their home after being asked to. That's going to be fun to listen to.
    I'm betting JW goes two full day on cross. I'm so hoping that Holly Mefford is called to testify in rebuttal about Stabby going to the Hughes' home to confront Sky over why she wasn't welcome there anymore and why they didn't like her/welcome her company anymore.

I saw that reported on twitter but I haven't seen the actual State rebuttal list (as I posted last night) so fingers crossed it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Walmart witness... it should be great premeditation evidence but also because I've driven by the Salinas Walmart so many times and my wife has shopped there... Jodi has a lot of history within a 20 mile radius of where we live.
    Wal-Mart and Tesoro (filling 3rd gas can in Salt Lake).

[QUOTE=Fairuza;3393132]
    Quote Originally Posted by Placroix View Post

I think it's a pretty morbid thing to do.
    We are on a forum called mydeathspace.com

Hey folks, wasn't around yesterday but did watch the fab Dr J Demarte. She was fantastic! Eloquent, professional and unbiased. JW didn't have a hope. I knew she would try to attack her experience, utterly ridiculous.
    I have heard rumours there is going to be more rebuttal witnesses in relation to the video HLN had of Travis talking about the mugging he was involved in? True? False?
    That's what @zou2 on twitter has reported. This person has provided correct info/court docs before so I'm hopeful

At this point, I don't think Nurmi nor Willcott give a shit, they are going down the tubes with testimony. They are only going thru the motions of defending Jodi, a difficult position because they know she's guilty, and likely feel she deserves the DP too. Quite a position to be in, don't you agree?
    To tell her to keep her head down, I doubt it, only because it would show total non caring by JA. They, or at least JW knows this will stop the tugging at her sleeve or note passing or whispering every few minutes. I think they are just letting Jodi do her "thing".
    I think Stabby does her "thing" regardless of what Willmott/Nurmi or any other previous attorneys wanted, her twitter account and media interviews are proof of that

Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    Jodi acts like a petulant child....good lord!
    Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    Damn it Jodi! Why you gotta do shit to confirm what Janeen is saying? My bad momma is gonna come out and shake you! (sorry folks, had to say it. She is acting like she is on a game show)
    Thanks ImBatman! and Metis212 for your great insightful posts!

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
    So, I just finished watching all the testimony I missed from today. Um, my only question is.....can anyone tell me why the eff Donovan appears to be taking notes? What a joke.
    Maybe she's the jurors while Stabby is busy writing down questions for JW to as Demarte?

Nurmi didn't take his eyes off Dr. D, but nodded off during Defense "experts". Does he have a crush possibly?
    Perhaps he's truly interested in just how disturbed Stabby really is. Trying to figure out how Samuels and Alyce got played so badly? Wondering how he got suckered so bad?

No, that was Placroix if I recall correctly. Mama Arias's twin hasn't been in court for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    please... she's just adjusting her glasses...
    Riiiiight.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

At this point, I don't think Nurmi nor Willcott give a shit, they are going down the tubes with testimony. They are only going thru the motions of defending Jodi, a difficult position because they know she's guilty, and likely feel she deserves the DP too. Quite a position to be in, don't you agree?
    To tell her to keep her head down, I doubt it, only because it would show total non caring by JA. They, or at least JW knows this will stop the tugging at her sleeve or note passing or whispering every few minutes. I think they are just letting Jodi do her "thing".
    I'm sure Jodi is a difficult client to control, on top of everything else. She tries to tell them what to do, she probably doesn't listen to what they tell her. I'm absolutely certain that they told her to tone it down with the prosecution, and I'm just as sure that she ignored them.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post

Why do you want to discredit her so badly?
    For me, the proof is in the pudding. Samuels and Alyce sucked. Doesn't matter how long they've been around. DeMarte is very intelligent and is actually using the evidence and interviews and tests to form her expert opinion.
    I don't. Just pointing out valid issues with her experience, exactly as we have seen Juan Martinez do in his cross-exams. He would rake her over the coals on this issue. Sauce for the goose and all that...

ALV and Samuels were both decimated by Martinez and rightly so, despite all their years of experience they were poor expert witnesses. But having a PhD alone does not qualify someone to be an expert. That takes experience too, and as impressive as she is, this Dr. is lacking in experience.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    Correct, sorry, you are right, it was in January now that I remember. I have to make it back either tomorrow or early next week. Any suggestions for which day? Anyone? I leave for Cabo on the 30th, hope the trial isn't over or verdict read when I get back on the 4th.
    Cabo! Love Cabo! Where do you stay when you are there? Drink some good tequila for me ok?

Quote Originally Posted by AgathaAppleswine View Post
    If I had to pick three details about this case that I'd want to know, I guess they would be:

1. Same as you. What set Travis Alexander off with that long, angry text. I think we all want to know that, I hope full texts/emails are released after the trial
    2. What really happened in that bathroom. We will never know that
    3. Where the knife and gun went -- are they really in the desert, was the knife really TA's, or did she hide them somewhere? I feel like she hid the gun/knife in the desert and that she knows exactly where they are. I think she got the knife from Darryl Brewers collection that was in her storage locker
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

I don't. Just pointing out valid issues with her experience, exactly as we have seen Juan Martinez do in his cross-exams. He would rake her over the coals on this issue. Sauce for the goose and all that...

ALV and Samuels were both decimated by Martinez and rightly so, despite all their years of experience they were poor expert witnesses. But having a PhD alone does not qualify someone to be an expert. That takes experience too, and as impressive as she is, this Dr. is lacking in experience.
    Interesting though, even with her "lack of experience" she came off more credible than those that have decades of experience. She was more professional and knew how to compose herself on the stand in a court of law. Strange.

No I would not be jumping up and down and cheering him on. It was not appropriate, hand on her hip calling the Doctor out as being too young and inexperienced? She couldn't even get her facts straight, kept pausing, was unorganised.
    You said JW attacking Dr. D's inexperience was "ridiculous". I said no, that's exactly what Martinez would do, except he would be more effective. Standard procedure for any attorney doing cross-exam. Now her lack of organization etc. is a separate issue and I'm not arguing that at all...

Twins fascinate me. Jodi's mom is vulnerable bordering on fragile. Jodi's friends dont seem to be the "type" of people that would be supportive of momma. Instead, they are high and giggling uncontrollably or jail fed cons who are looking for notoriety. Momma's twin protects her. And she needs that protection IMO. No amount of money could motivate me to be momma arias. (well, maybe lots of money) Maybe auntie or someone always served in this role? Lord knows her husband has a histrionic streak and scoops up the attention. I could go on and on...

I think any sane lawyer would see through the falsehoods of Samuels and Alyce's favoritisms. Martinez style was spot on though.

This expert really isn't a novice.

Pittsburgh Steelers Rock Cocopop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    Interesting though, even with her "lack of experience" she came off more credible than those that have decades of experience. She was more professional and knew how to compose herself on the stand in a court of law. Strange.
    ^^ This ^^ 'Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post

We are on a forum called mydeathspace.com
    oh crap... I was here for credit card advice... my debtspace.com ...my bad

Maybe this world is another planet's hell
    Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    Eh? That wasn't me. That was another member that went to court in February and tried to sit in the family section by accident. I did however, sit behind her/him/it during my time in court. Creepy!
    Ooops, sorry. Must have been member Poppycock then?

Thread Information