Page 500 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 400 450 490 498 499 500 501 502 510 550 600 1000 1500 ... LastLast
Results 12,476 to 12,500 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

[QUOTE=Placroix;3393052]
    Quote Originally Posted by PopRocks View Post
    yea theres a grip of pics here

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/...race-exclusive[/QUOTE

After these photos, the next gallery of pics is Travis' funeral. Am I the only one that thinks this is odd? I have never known anyone to take photos at a funeral.
    It is weird to me too. Especially pics of the coffin.

My guess she took a little vacation..,,

Just poked in on the Justice FB page, and someone has suggested contacting the Long Island medium of tv fame so that she can channel Travis to find out the real truth. Delusion never ceases to amaze me.
    I Feel More Like I Do Now Than When I Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    Sorry I'm on mobile and can't quote, but for those earlier talking about CVs as if they are resumes, they are not the same. CVs are much longer and more detailed. They are used in the sciences and academia (maybe some other professions too I don't know). I have seen some long ass CVs from expert witnesses, pages and pages.
    Yeah, I have seen cv's of over 50 pages ... for seasoned professionals. The cv format is different from a resume.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    Yeah, I have seen cv's of over 50 pages ... for seasoned professionals. The cv format is different from a resume.
    is it strange for demarte to spend small amounts of time at different places, or is that normal when some one is working on their doctorate to get the most experience in different areas?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I know no one else thinks so but I really think she has Narcisisstic Personality Disorder as well as BPD. In the interrogation room she is so concerned with her "reputation". It could also explain why she is so manipulative and lacks empathy.
    She believes she deserves special treatment and has a delusional view of her "fame"-example being manifesto.
    Jodi can have borderline personality co-occuring with narcissistic. I just read that these two disorders co-occur 25% of the time in BPD. The concern with her reputation could be what she "thought" she should be concerned. Its like she thinks the news crews were going to be there...like she is marilyn monroe. (Marilyn btw was BPD with co-occurring substance abuse). the manipulation happens in BPD as well. To me this specialness and being a star is acting like something she has seen in the movies. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    I am sure there is more to Jodi than just the BPD....she most likely has a co-occuring diagnosis. Im not sure what though. And now that someone else saw the same thing I did I would go out on a limb and say it could really just be BPD. BPD's actually have feelings but they do not know how to identify them so she really could be feeling remorse but doesn't understand that is what that feeling is.
    DeMarte mentioned Adjustment Disorder, but Juan cut her off. (whatever that means)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermomma View Post
    Does anyone know what happened Jodi's aunt? I haven't seen her in court once since it was rumored that Dr. Phil was paying her mother to take notes.
    Jodi's mom's twin hasn't been there, but her other sister is there now. She's the one with reddish hair.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    True, but she did not practice as a Masters-level clinician for any length of time...went right into the PhD program after getting her Masters.

Okay, but what did she do with that time? After finishing her internship and getting her PhD in 8/2009, she worked 20 hours a week, doing 4 or so evaluations per week from 9/2009-1/2010, then took 2 months off to study for boards. She started working full-time in 3/2010 at the place she became director of when she got licensed in 7/2010.

So, 4 months of working 20 hours a week was the valuable experience she put off getting licensed for?
    She said she was working 20 hours in one place, 20 hours in another place, and in addition she was teaching. You need to remember that her strongest point is performing and analyzing psychological tests, which she has been doing since 2004, that is why the prosecution hired her.
    Someone commented that experience is not everything and I agree, you can see the difference between her and Dr. Samuels doing a shoddy work while performing the tests. It is obvious that the defense will try to attack her, but she is showing RELIABLE data, with RELIABLE instruments that have been used for DECADES to diagnose different things. There is an ocean of difference when you show RELIABLE data (Demarte) vs subjective interpretation (lLaViolette)

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    and Dr D stays cool and calm, corrects her and JW looks like the idiot. Dr D doesn't turn it into a mess being unprossional and combative .
    No, she wasn't combative, but she clearly was irritated, raised her voice a notch, and with firmness while correcting JW during the part JW was trying to point out that JDM waited a year before seeking licensure.. JDM had clearly stated why she waited a year, yet JW "forgot" that part and seemed to want that reason erased. They had a little go round at that point.

I thought JW was an extreme witch with her pounding statements about JDM having no compassion. Those were low blows. I'm sure JDM has a degree of compassion, but keeps it in check so she can evaluate without bias.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianadalba View Post
    She said she was working 20 hours in one place, 20 hours in another place, and in addition she was teaching. You need to remember that her strongest point is performing and analyzing psychological tests, which she has been doing since 2004, that is why the prosecution hired her.
    Someone commented that experience is not everything and I agree, you can see the difference between her and Dr. Samuels doing a shoddy work while performing the tests. It is obvious that the defense will try to attack her, but she is showing RELIABLE data, with RELIABLE instruments that have been used for DECADES to diagnose different things. There is an ocean of difference when you show RELIABLE data (Demarte) vs subjective interpretation (lLaViolette)
    Just because the hours a week added up to 20, doesn't mean she just punched a clock in and out. In my past job, I worked full time, but I put in some of "my own time" evenings gathering info, making an individual plan for each person. So, to me, 20 hours a week really isn't accurate, it's just a number.

I thought yesterday was a good day. JM's Dr was very good on the stand with him. Her answers were short and to the point. She also got in some really GOOD statements about Jodi. And she pieced together just fine Dr. Fog's bubble sheets and how ridiculous his record keeping was. IMO, I bet the jury is picking up on the defense stalling just to keep the money meter going.

On the other side: If I was a defense lawyer, I would have also attacked her experience and the Dr's statement about compassion.
    I thought Palin was doing good, but then she got all turned around and confused again.
    I'm not sure how Palin is going to try to discredit her and rehab Alyce at the same time. I def. think Alyce did the most damage to the defense than any other witness. IMO, I don't think Alyce can be rehabbed to much with the jury.

From the people in the courtroom that observed-they all say the jury was writing notes yesterday, and they didn't look bored. I suspect that Palin will still attack the dr. today on experience, but I really don't think it's going to work that well at all. That is really all Palin has on this doctor.

HLN said that the defense also gets to do a rebuttal to the rebuttal. If that's true, that sucks!!

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    DeMarte mentioned Adjustment Disorder, but Juan cut her off. (whatever that means)
    From the short piece I heard, it sounded like DeMarte was fixing to talk about how a situation (like being in jail) causes an adjustment disorder.

I'm sure both JM and JDM were expecting this line of questioning from the DT. JM obviously felt this witness's testimony, regardless of experience, would come across as credible, and it has. On the stand she was a breath of fresh air when being compared to RS And AL. Their testimony was forced, rehearsed and obviously tailored. The jurors will be able to tell the difference between the professionalism of JDM and RS/AL. Any impartial person can see the difference and understand when facts and information are being skewed in order to come to a pre determined outcome. JDM showed clear and concise reasons and unadulterated facts backing up her assessment of JA; while at the same time discrediting the defence witnesses less than impartial diagnoses. This witness is credible and this is why she is on the stand for the prosecution.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    the problem with ALV is that she hasn't kept up with ongoing progress in her field.. she's "old fashioned" and old school... about 20 years behind the "state of the art" in psychology. So Demarte's "youth" works in her favor because she is actually more up-to-date, with technology (Alyce doesn't know computers, doesn't do "gmailing") more current with treatment trends and diagnosis. Older and more experienced, in this case, does not add up to wiser.
    Yes. Dr. D should have said; No, I would not have supervised her in 1980, I would supervise her now....33 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianadalba View Post
    this is absolutely hilarious!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTUL6P6mQAg
    I love this video. One of the few times I actually laugh out loud, not just 'lol'

Quote Originally Posted by denn View Post
    They are going to try to tear her down with respect to her experience.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Cocopop View Post
    Written below from post above

I guess I was just a little bit ....cont.
    Snipped.
    Thank you, and everyone who posted this. I really hate getting snippets, but beggars can't be choosers.

Quote Originally Posted by tinaturner View Post
    Cholas in da house! Now we see where she got the idea that wispy baby bangs are acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocopop View Post
    She seems wise beyond her years.
    Plus we knew the defense was going to take a crack at her being a scholar with so little experience in the field.
    I haven't yet found her to be less than spectacular. She seems to be filled with knowledge, even far beyond the years the two previous witness's had, she comes off professional & matter of fact. I think she'll continue to be solid< imo
    ^This ^ Also, I love how when she gets into an explanation she exudes a slightly restrained exuberance. She must be an amazing teacher because it is obvious that she loves her profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermomma View Post
    Does anyone know what happened Jodi's aunt? I haven't seen her in court once since it was rumored that Dr. Phil was paying her mother to take notes.
    I was wondering this too. I thought she kinda disappeared when the interrogation tapes of JA's mom and dad were released, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Placroix View Post
    After these photos, the next gallery of pics is Travis' funeral. Am I the only one that thinks this is odd? I have never known anyone to take photos at a funeral.
    It's not that odd to me. People have been photographing their dead loved ones since the 1800's. I wish there was a video or photos of my grandfathers funeral when I 13. I try and remember details, but as time has gone on, my memory has faded drastically. Another reason to take pictures would be to send them to someone who wasn't able to make it to the funeral, but could maybe get some closure from viewing the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    I thought JW was an extreme witch with her pounding statements about JDM having no compassion. Those were low blows. I'm sure JDM has a degree of compassion, but keeps it in check so she can evaluate without bias.
    I don't want JW to stop. The more she tries to "mirror" Juan, the more she shows HER inexperience. It is glaring and the jury, I'm sure, has noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I thought yesterday was a good day. JM's Dr was very good on the stand with him. Her answers were short and to the point. She also got in some really GOOD statements about Jodi. And she pieced together just fine Dr. Fog's bubble sheets and how ridiculous his record keeping was. IMO, I bet the jury is picking up on the defense stalling just to keep the money meter going.

On the other side: If I was a defense lawyer, I would have also attacked her experience and the Dr's statement about compassion.
    I thought Palin was doing good, but then she got all turned around and confused again.
    I'm not sure how Palin is going to try to discredit her and rehab Alyce at the same time. I def. think Alyce did the most damage to the defense than any other witness. IMO, I don't think Alyce can be rehabbed to much with the jury.

From the people in the courtroom that observed-they all say the jury was writing notes yesterday, and they didn't look bored. I suspect that Palin will still attack the dr. today on experience, but I really don't think it's going to work that well at all. That is really all Palin has on this doctor.

HLN said that the defense also gets to do a rebuttal to the rebuttal. If that's true, that sucks!!
    We are all sitting here as armchair experts in psychology, such an untouchable field of work. It's so not cut and dry like a job of bookkeeper, waitress, CEO of a company etc. Though some of JDM's employment seems short to us, we have absolutely no idea if that was enough time or not to apply her knowledge, then move onto another phase of psychology and apply her knowledge to that.
    JW will attempt to rip her apart today. If JM retained her 2 years ago, he must have had great confidence in her, even then.
    I think JW's attack on the word compassion will turn off the jury, that was really harsh. How does one answer the word compassion? No matter how JDM answers it, it's wrong in JW's eyes.

Wonder how long JW will keep Dr. DeMarte on the stand this morning?

I can't wait to get to the witness that is going to testify about the altercation at the Hughes house where JA confronted Skye and then refused to leave their home after being asked to. That's going to be fun to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    Yes. And she pointed out the Dr. couldn't mentor her because she wasn't born!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm just catching up on the trial, since my live feed doesn't work well anymore, and I have to watch it on Youtube.
    I really don't think this was a boom moment at all. In fact, Alyce LaViolette STILL has her masters. It doesn't matter when she got it. She hasn't gone any further in her education, so she would STILL be supervised by Dr. DeMarte.
    I'm sorry but I think JW was being ridiculously catty and it isn't attractive.

It's not weird to take photos at a funeral. Well, I think it's weird, but people do it all the time, so it's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverClipper View Post
    Wonder how long JW will keep Dr. DeMarte on the stand this morning?

I can't wait to get to the witness that is going to testify about the altercation at the Hughes house where JA confronted Skye and then refused to leave their home after being asked to. That's going to be fun to listen to.

I'm looking forward to the Walmart witness... it should be great premeditation evidence but also because I've driven by the Salinas Walmart so many times and my wife has shopped there... Jodi has a lot of history within a 20 mile radius of where we live.

Maybe this world is another planet's hell
    Aldous Huxley

[QUOTE=Placroix;3393052]
    Quote Originally Posted by PopRocks View Post
    yea theres a grip of pics here

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/...race-exclusive[/QUOTE

I think it's a pretty morbid thing to do.
    Down in a hole, feelin' so small
    Down in a hole, losin' control
    I'd like to fly,
    But my wings have been so denied

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    It's not weird to take photos at a funeral. Well, I think it's weird, but people do it all the time, so it's normal.
    Memorial photos used to be common. There were photographers who specialized in funeral photos.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by Doll-Face View Post
    I'm just catching up on the trial, since my live feed doesn't work well anymore, and I have to watch it on Youtube.
    I really don't think this was a boom moment at all. In fact, Alyce LaViolette STILL has her masters. It doesn't matter when she got it. She hasn't gone any further in her education, so she would STILL be supervised by Dr. DeMarte.
    I'm sorry but I think JW was being ridiculously catty and it isn't attractive.
    you 'ed it

Maybe this world is another planet's hell
    Aldous Huxley

Pittsburgh Steelers Rock Cocopop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    From the short piece I heard, it sounded like DeMarte was fixing to talk about how a situation (like being in jail) causes an adjustment disorder.
    Right, because the defense witness's seemed to over look that fact or take that (being incarcerated) into consideration.
    JA was likely not used to, the feeling of not being in control.
    So having depression or thoughts of suicide is not unlikely & being locked up surely has contributed to those feelings. I'd be willing to bet that at the times she indicated thoughts of suicide in her earlier years, were brought on by her love life, or lack of, & were only attention getting, even if only to herself.
    I am sure we all have a time or two, been so depressed, that ugly thoughts arise. But imo people who threaten suicide seldom follow through with it. It is usually the opposite, one's whom had "never" threatened suicide, or say anything or give any real clues to what they plan to do.
    {Berm--> going golfing after the break for lunch recess, so I am really relying on your recaps today}

Thread Information