Page 82 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 582 1082 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    There's a bit more on the archived version (retrieved in January)
    http://web.archive.org/web/201101281...rtwitness.com/
    Thank you for posting this! I just clicked "cached version" on google. My son is the computer person in the house....I can do the minimum lol =)

Dude - he needs to update that pic lmaooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    There's a bit more on the archived version (retrieved in January)
    http://web.archive.org/web/201101281...rtwitness.com/
    here's another archived page: Richard M. Samuels, Ph.D - Published Articles

link: http://tinyurl.com/ckysn4v

Trying again....sorry for the double post!

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Stress View Post
    Ma'am, did I ask you if I was stressed? Do you have a problem with your memory Miss Planet?!? Thanks for the sound advice, it fairly jolted me out of my fog. Just a FYI, I don't live under the rules of the Constitution, but you have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Stress View Post
    The 'realm' of Jodi. Jeez, totally incredible utterances. Maybe she's an escapee from Area 51.
    Or maybe another planet?

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Quote Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
    I don't think that is a very fair assessment. I am very unimpressed with Mrs. Arias because of her behavior in the courtroom during the trial. Before the trial started, I had no particular opinion of her apart from feeling sympathy for anyone whose child commits such a heinous act, because that must be a difficult position to be in.

I'm neither a sheep nor a barbarian, and I never said I wanted Mrs. Arias dead, or anything even vaguely along that line. I formed an opinion based on her actions during the course of this trial.

Your blanket statement of condemnation for anyone who does not share your high opinion of Mrs. Arias is unfair.
    I don't think she has a "high opinion" of Sandy Arias, just empathy for a parent whose child is on trial for murder and facing the death penalty.

I also don't think she was saying that everyone here has a mob mentality, but many do. People who form a mob are capable of horrific acts. Its just psychology.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Pittsburgh Steelers Rock Cocopop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Now, that's better, I've given him Jodi bangs & ALav glasses
    this should help his reputation

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRenew View Post
    Alyce's book on amazondotcom isn't well regarded lol

http://www.amazon.com/Could-Happen-A.../dp/0761919953
    Oh Lawd, I just saw on Amazon that the Third Edition is due out April 23, 2013!
    Another reason she may have wanted to testify, thinking her exposure would cause sales to skyrocket. Backfire!!!

http://www.amazon.com/It-Could-Happe...yce+laviolette

Here is the description:

"The widely read and highly praised bestseller It Could Happen to Anyone offers a unique amalgamation of the practical clinical experience of Alyce LaViolette and the extensive research of Ola Barnett on battered women and their batterers. Fully updated and revised, this Third Edition includes a wealth of new material and case examples, while retained sections have been carefully rewritten to reflect contemporary thinking. This important text continues to provide understanding and empathy regarding the plight of battered women as they attempt to find safety. The integration of current knowledge with learning theory explains how any woman's previous life experiences along with the effects of battering might influence her to stay with her abuser. The book's content also explains how some social institutions, such as the criminal justice system, cannot be counted upon to protect her, thus making it dangerous for her to leave or stay. In extreme cases, she may even be killed. From a more optimistic viewpoint, the book describes many innovations geared to assist battered women through shelters, transitional housing, and temporary income support. This extensively revised and expanded new edition is a must read for anyone working in or training to work in a helping role for issues in domestic violence."

I'm willing to look at examples, if you can point to any.
    Here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    Perhaps you're on the wrong website?
    Yeah, okay. This thread totally represents MDS as a site.

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post

sanctimonious
    Or sanctimommyous in this your case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

WOW. They are playing new clips of Floresinterviews with Stabby's parents on HLN. Stabby's mom just said that as soon as she heard Travis was dead, she asked Stabby if she had anything to do with it!?!?

That is VERY telling...
    I just say this clip again (they finally replayed it).

Stabby's mom absolutely says that as soon as she heard Travis was dead "the first thing she asked was if Jodi had anything to do with it".

Who does that? Unless they know their kid is far enough off that this is a real possibility.

Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Hi all...sorry to be a big pain...but I just got home and have missed all day. I'll take a look for Berm's recap. Can someone tell me why there is no court on at this moment? Was it another short day for some reason?
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Jury is being held hostage...

DT is counting on the Stockholm Syndrome.
    You've got that right!!!!! I'd be so pissed off if I was on the jury. The longer DT keeps up the BS, the more they run the risk of the jury going in to deliberate and in 5 minutes coming back with Guilty. They're gonna want this over. (No, I think they will be fair and deliberate and find her Guilty. I'm praying there's not 1 juror who hangs the jury. )

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    Hi all...sorry to be a big pain...but I just got home and have missed all day. I'll take a look for Berm's recap. Can someone tell me why there is no court on at this moment? Was it another short day for some reason?
    Go ask Alyce .. she got sick but it seemed preplanned imo
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

right after berms first recap - berm is too sick to type any more today - after the break the judge announce that laviollete was to sick to continue today and recesses until tomorrow around 11am, she didn't seem sick in the am - she and palin were giggling again, i personally think its anxiety waiting for cross - jm is objecting non stop now and it is getting to her

eta: hope everything went ok w/ your horse

Just gonna say....... some of you guys need to calm the fuck down. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

AL had the shits...:-P

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    i bet she is getting scared of cross, i have been reading that she was terrified to testify
    Okay, I see now why there is no more court today. :/ I'm bummed. Guess I will catch youtube this evening of this morning's testimony. Did Willmott finish her direct yet? PLEASE say yes...
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

about 20-15 minutes before the lunch recess, JW asked for approach. Seems Lava took a potty break. Court recessed for 5 minutes. When court reconvened, the Judge told the jury there would be no court for the rest of the day because the witness was sick. Back tomorrow at 930am (riiiiiiight).
    Pretty disappointed, was hoping to get the direct questioning over so JM could be released upon Lava

Okay, I see now why there is no more court today. :/ I'm bummed. Guess I will catch youtube this evening of this morning's testimony. Did Willmott finish her direct yet? PLEASE say yes...
    no you didn't miss much really, not even enuff to watch youtube, it was just exactly the same as b4 jodi good travis bad abuser

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy1197 View Post
    You've got that right!!!!! I'd be so pissed off if I was on the jury. The longer DT keeps up the BS, the more they run the risk of the jury going in to deliberate and in 5 minutes coming back with Guilty. They're gonna want this over. (No, I think they will be fair and deliberate and find her Guilty. I'm praying there's not 1 juror who hangs the jury. )
    I think it would take an astonishingly strong and bullheaded person to hang this jury. Can you imagine how furious the rest of the jurors would be if 11 were for one verdict and 1 was for another verdict? After ALL the time they have spent on this with endless delays and disruptions to their lives. A hung jury would make all the time the jurors have spend a total waste, it would become meaningless. I think the other 11 would fight very hard to have their voices heard, after all they have been through. They would put huge pressure on a hold out juror.

So while it is not impossible, I find it extremely unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppycock View Post
    I agree with the 115 reviews that have been added recently! I hope there are more to come. Any bookworms out there?
    I am a major bookworm! The one thing I would want to have an a desert island....BOOKS!! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by qtkitycat View Post
    about 20-15 minutes before the lunch recess, JW asked for approach. Seems Lava took a potty break. Court recessed for 5 minutes. When court reconvened, the Judge told the jury there would be no court for the rest of the day because the witness was sick. Back tomorrow at 930am (riiiiiiight).
    Pretty disappointed, was hoping to get the direct questioning over so JM could be released upon Lava
    actually they never even made it to lunch, this was b4 lunch recess when alyce asked for a break during a sidebar

Unfortunately... no. Before Ms. LV got "sick" I was beginning to get hopeful that they would get direct over with today. They were up to March/April 2008.

Thread Information