Page 395 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 295 345 385 393 394 395 396 397 405 445 495 895 1395 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,875 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by Mousy View Post
    That was uncalled for, WasThinking.
    It's why were here!
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Just because someone has a different opinion than your own doesn't make it wrong. Keep all disagreements civil and do not resort to name calling, flame wars, smite attacks, or other pissing matches.

I THINK YOU HAVE TROUBLE READING.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchan View Post
    yea, and Dr. Samuals uses magazine articles instead of actual research too. you are so smart.

Talk to any therapist or psychiatrist... Psychology Today is a very reputable source because the articles written inside it are written by those in the mental health field.
    Quote Originally Posted by AgathaAppleswine View Post
    You should follow your own example, girl. Don't think I didn't see your passive-aggressive attack on Metis's career. Deny all you want, but I know what's hiding in that post, and it's ugly. Talk about the case or shut your yap. Seriously. Also, wanted to address the other thing you keep repeating: Alyce was 'claiming' that Juan was aggressive. I believe that was an act to try to garner sympathy for herself and Jodi. She actually has no right to question the tone or the types of questions the prosecutor (or any attorney) is asking. She's supposedly a professional. She surely didn't act like one.
    Nothing passive-aggressive about it. Just posting what I know from METIS. She has stated over and over again that she's a psychiatrist. A psychiatrist is not a psychotherapist. I am sure she will admit to that unless she wants to keep any other degrees she has private. I disagree re: Alyce was trying to garner sympathy. JM's tone throughout this whole trial has been extremely aggressive. Actually, an expert witness for the prosecution or defense does have the right to question how they are being spoken to. However, Alyce should have complained directly to her defense team and the judge in private if she could not handle JM's tone. Notice he calmed down after a few sidebars towards the end...so...someone said something and that something worked to calm him down.
    Last edited by Peace Corpse; 04-13-2013 at 09:20 PM.

I was rereading Travis's blog today. At one point he wrote of turning his back to his mother when she beat him so the blows would hurt less. Gives the 13 stab wounds on his back and head a whole new meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by VioletPlanet View Post
    Anniebelle and are trying to clarify our opinions and facts related to Jodi Arias Case. Is that not OK with you?
    I have no issue whatsoever with people trying to clarify their opinions on any subject. I take issue with how you come across. I'll go back to ignoring your posts again... =)

Is that why psychiatrists give recommendations for psychotherapists to their patients. Psychiatrists are NOT psychotherapists.
    Violet, you are wrong on this count. Sorry. All psychiatrists are licensed at psychotherapists. They HAVE to be, in order to talk with patients, diagnose, and formulate a treatment plan. They only treat psychiatric patients, so what do you think they do all day....just write scripts? LOL! You are too funny sometimes.

Nothing passive-aggressive about it. Just posting what I know from METIS. She has stated over and over again that she's a psychiatrist. A psychiatrist is not a psychotherapist. I am sure she will admit to that.

I disagree re: Alyce was trying to garner sympathy. JM's tone throughout this whole trial has been extremely aggressive. Actually, an expert witness for the prosecution or defense does have the right to question how they are being spoken to. However, Alyce should have complained directly to her defense team and the judge in private if she could not handle JM's tone. Notice he calmed down after a few sidebars towards the end...so...someone said something and that something worked to calm him down.
    You are certain of this, are you?

Nothing passive-aggressive about it. Just posting what I know from METIS. She has stated over and over again that she's a psychiatrist. A psychiatrist is not a psychotherapist. I am sure she will admit to that. I disagree re: Alyce was trying to garner sympathy. JM's tone throughout this whole trial has been extremely aggressive. Actually, an expert witness for the prosecution or defense does have the right to question how they are being spoken to. However, Alyce should have complained directly to her defense team and the judge in private if she could not handle JM's tone. Notice he calmed down after a few sidebars towards the end...so...someone said something and that something worked to calm him down.
    Have you read her post to you?? Like, at all???

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    That is just plain wrong. Psychiatrists can be psychotherapists. Licensed professional counselors can be psychotherapists. Clinical social workers can be psychotherapists. psychologists can be psychotherapists.

I am happy to share my credentials with you, but you go first, what are yours?
    that would be VP of continuous twisting of the tiger's tail
    or maybe VP of Pot Stiring?
    "The difference between theory and reality is this: In theory, there is no difference between the two. In reality, there is."
    If you lay down with dogs, you should't be surprised when you wind up with fleAs.
    Illegitimi non carborundum!

That is just plain wrong. Psychiatrists can be psychotherapists. Licensed professional counselors can be psychotherapists. Clinical social workers can be psychotherapists. psychologists can be psychotherapists.

Our Vi is a troll. We mustn't feed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
    Touche.

I have indeed noticed that dealing with a sociopath is difficult. They are maddening. There is no reasoning with them. They are often unable to grasp normal social cues.

And they don't get sarcasm.

Last edited by lisam2013; 04-22-2013 at 11:10 AM.

I never said they COULD NOT BE be both. But psychiatrists who are NOT psychotherapists do give recommendiations, correct ? I am neither a psychiatrist or a psychotherapist but I grew up with a parent who needed both and had both. This is not to say, that a psychiatrist cannot also have a psychotherapy degree. Of course ,both can be obtained. You have only stated on this forum that I am aware of that you're a psychiatrist, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by hatchan View Post
    that would be VP of continuous twisting of the tiger's tail
    or maybe VP of Pot Stiring?
    That would be Vi of the

You are certain of this, are you?
    Yes, I am...we all have a right to question the way we are being spoken to in not only the courtroom but life itself.

I only know what I observed from JM towards the end of AL testimony.

I've met women like LaViolette. In fact there is one woman who she disturbingly reminds me of. This particular person just did not like men! She jumped all over every man she came into contact with that she perceived as having a bit of intelligence or power! And it was 'game on' from that moment. She viewed men merely as rivals.

Her competitive tone in conversation and debate was seeped in disdain and condescension, and IMHO stemmed from her relationship (or lack thereof) with her Father. I even witnessed a normally mild mannered man, whom she had known through family for years, throw a glass of wine in her face one time. And of course, what did she cry? You got it! Abuse! The woman I'm talking about surrounds herself with people who won't challenge her, and consequently there is no need for her to change!

I was particulary reminded of her when right off the bat, LaViolette sent a message to Juan by saying "Mr Martinez, are you angry with me?" This comment has no place in the type of situation ALV and Juan were in, and it certainly has no place in a court of law.

I never said they COULD NOT BE be both. But psychiatrists who are NOT psychotherapists do give recommendiations, correct ? I am neither a psychiatrist or a psychotherapist but I grew up with a parent who needed both and had both. This is not to say, that a psychiatrist cannot also have a psychotherapy degree. Of course ,both can be obtained. You have only stated on this forum that I am aware of that you're a psychiatrist, correct?
    Vi, they don't get a degree in psychotherapy. They are licensed to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by AgathaAppleswine View Post
    You should follow your own example, girl. Don't think I didn't see your passive-aggressive attack on Metis's career. Deny all you want, but I know what's hiding in that post, and it's ugly.

Talk about the case or shut your yap. Seriously.

Also, wanted to address the other thing you keep repeating: Alyce was 'claiming' that Juan was aggressive. I believe that was an act to try to garner sympathy for herself and Jodi. She actually has no right to question the tone or the types of questions the prosecutor (or any attorney) is asking.

She's supposedly a professional. She surely didn't act like one.
    JM could have told her that it was "nothing personal", the words she was overheard saying to Samantha.
    I Feel More Like I Do Now Than When I Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by lisam2013 View Post
    Huh?

You are taking out of context. I never said a psychiatrist was NOT educated in psychotherapy. You quoted " While psychologists and psychiatrists both conduct psychotherapy (but conveniently left out the rest of the quote....."there are significant differences between the two professions. Education, Training, and Credentials."

Nothing passive-aggressive about it. Just posting what I know from METIS. She has stated over and over again that she's a psychiatrist. A psychiatrist is not a psychotherapist. I am sure she will admit to that unless she wants to keep any other degrees she has private. I disagree re: Alyce was trying to garner sympathy. JM's tone throughout this whole trial has been extremely aggressive. Actually, an expert witness for the prosecution or defense does have the right to question how they are being spoken to. However, Alyce should have complained directly to her defense team and the judge in private if she could not handle JM's tone. Notice he calmed down after a few sidebars towards the end...so...someone said something and that something worked to calm him down.
    I think you mistake extremely aggressive for passionate. Just me opinion! Juan just wants the truth! If the witness cannot provide it with a yes/no answer, what should Juan do? Ask her nicely so she can go on a diatribe?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

I was rereading Travis's blog today. At one point he wrote of turning his back to his mother when she beat him so the blows would hurt less. Gives the 13 stab wounds on his back and head a whole new meaning.
    He also said he was afraid to go to the bathroom/shower because his mom accused him of urinating on the bathroom floor and beat him.

You are taking out of context. I never said a psychiatrist was NOT educated in psychotherapy. You quoted " While psychologists and psychiatrists both conduct psychotherapy (but conveniently left out the rest of the quote....."there are significant differences between the two professions. Education, Training, and Credentials."
    No shit, Sherlock.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    Our Vi is a troll. We mustn't feed her.

I am a troll, really? Why? Because you disagree with me? Because others disagree with me? So this makes me a troll. Please stop insulting and harassing me. I would happily PM you but since you don't allow it, I have no recourse but to defend myself here. Please read the MDS rules and if you don't like what I have to say then CHOOSE ignore. This is the second time I have suggested the IGNORE feature. Please, please use it...if you cannot handle what I have to say. Thanks and God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    I think you mistake extremely aggressive for passionate. Just me opinion! Juan just wants the truth! If the witness cannot provide it with a yes/no answer, what should Juan do? Ask her nicely so she can go on a diatribe?
    I think you're arguing with another man-hater. A certain someone thinks Travis was to blame for his own death; Juan is aggressive, blah blah blah blah blah.

Maybe Juan should give her a cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by poppym View Post
    I've met women like LaViolette. In fact there is one woman who she disturbingly reminds me of. This particular person just did not like men! She jumped all over every man she came into contact with that she perceived as having a bit of intelligence or power! And it was 'game on' from that moment. She viewed men merely as rivals.

Her competitive tone in conversation and debate was seeped in disdain and condescension, and IMHO stemmed from her relationship (or lack thereof) with her Father. I even witnessed a normally mild mannered man, whom she had known through family for years, throw a glass of wine in her face one time. And of course, what did she cry? You got it! Abuse! The woman I'm talking about surrounds herself with people who won't challenge her, and consequently there is no need for her to change!

I was particulary reminded of her when right off the bat, LaViolette sent a message to Juan by saying "Mr Martinez, are you angry with me?" This comment has no place in the type of situation ALV and Juan were in, and it certainly has no place in a court of law.
    hey poppym! I'm no shrink on any level, but the woman has her own issues, no doubt in my mind about that. How she even thought trying to work her 'stage' in a courtroom would work for her boggles my mind. But dragging in childhood pals from insecurities was the most surprising to me. I wonder if she drags them to her lectures too.
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Thread Information