Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Journalist James Wright Foley (40) was beheaded by ISIS militants

Journalist James Wright Foley (40) was beheaded by ISIS militants

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2014...ISIS_militants

A disturbing video posted online appears to show the beheading of American journalist James Foley, who was kidnapped while covering the Syrian conflict in 2012.

In the video a man who appears to be Foley, dressed in orange, kneels beside an armed man clad in black. Foley delivers a statement condemning U.S. action in Iraq and says that the U.S. government is his "real killers."

"For what will happen to me is only a result of their complacency and criminality," Foley says in halting speech. "I wish I had more time. I wish I could have the hope of freedom of seeing my family once again, but that ship has sailed. I guess all in all, I wish I wasn't American."

Seconds later, the figure dressed in black brandishes a knife and identifies himself as with the Islamic State, the name the brutal terror group Islamic State of Iraq and Syria took on after its leader declared himself the leader of all Muslims.

"Today your military air force has attacked us daily. Your strikes have caused casualties amongst Muslims" the figure in black says. He then addresses President Obama directly, saying "any attempt" to deny the Muslims their right to live in safety under the Islamic caliphate will result in the bloodshed of your people."

Foley is then killed. The video continues, showing American Steven Sotloff, who has written for national publications like Time, also dressed in orange and on his knees.

"The life of this American citizen, Obama, depends on your next decision," the figure in black says.

PHOTO: American Steven Sotloff is threatened but left alive in a gruesome video posted online that earlier appears to show the murder of American journalist James Foley.

A spokesperson for the White House National Security Council said the U.S. intelligence community "is working as quickly as possible to determine its authenticity."

"If genuine, we are appalled by the brutal murder of an innocent American journalist and we express our deepest condolences to his family and friends," spokesperson Caitlin Hayden wrote in a statement to reporters.

Foley was on assignment in Syria for the news outlet GlobalPost. The news organization's co-founder Charles Sennott said today there is "no reliable proof that this execution is authentic" and that they're working to gather information.

"If the video is verified, it is just unfathomable darkness to think that a life as bright as Jim Foley's ended that way," Sennott said. "He was an experienced and fearless journalist who believed deeply in reporting from the frontlines."

Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., had worked with Foley's family and the State Department in their efforts to get Foley back.

"If confirmed, this barbarous and heinous act shocks the conscience and underscores the truly evil nature of the terrorists we confront, who must be defeated," Ayotte said in a statement.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/video-...ry?id=25043593
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I feel so terrible for his family. I just can't.

It's horrible. I'm sure he was scared. To know what was going to happen to him next, ugh. Poor guy. Poor family.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Between the Fijian execution video, ebola and this, I feel sick.

i don't know how you all can deal with the gore. i am even scared of that picture above because i saw that it's animated. i scrolled past right quick.

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

wait, what picture is animated? I didn't post anything animated. I also won't post the link because I cannot do beheadings. I'm sure someone else will find it.

I might be halucinating. it's not moving now bit it was. I swear.

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

FULL MESSAGE FROM JAMES WRIGHT FOLEY'S MOTHER:
    We have never been prouder of our son Jim. He gave his life trying to expose the world to the suffering of the Syrian people.

We implore the kidnappers to spare the lives of the remaining hostages. Like Jim, they are innocents. They have no control over American government policy in Iraq, Syria or anywhere in the world.

We thank Jim for all the joy he gave us. He was an extraordinary son, brother, journalist and person. Please respect our privacy in the days ahead as we mourn and cherish Jim.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3AvkdpeGA
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I can't even. This is SO horrible. How do people believe ANY religion would condone this? I don't....

What a courageous photojournalist .... what a cruel and vicious ending to his life .
    The barbarism of ISIS is terrifying ... reading the accounts of those who escaped describing the horrific, unspeakable acts of mutilation and murder of women and children are beyond comprehension.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Are all of these pictures in this thread of the same dude?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Yeah, but he does look totally different in them all, it's weird.

Has anyone watched the video? I can't bring myself to. Accidentally stumbled upon a bergwall photo and I'm traumatized for life.

No, the first photo is of Foley, who was executed. RIP

The second photo of guy in orange is Sotloff, who they are threatening to kill if the US doesn't stop bombing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crone View Post
    No, the first photo is of Foley, who was executed. RIP

The second photo of guy in orange is Sotloff, who they are threatening to kill if the US doesn't stop bombing.
    Oh yeah, but the black and white one and the profile shot is James Foley. I had to look closely cuz he doesn't even look like himself before the beheading. But I guess that's what years of being imprisoned will do.

They are all the same guy- Foley- except the second picture in the very first post.

The ones I posted of Foley shows that he had hair. I'm not sure why the ISIS shave the prisoner's hair. Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Yeah, but he does look totally different in them all, it's weird.

Has anyone watched the video? I can't bring myself to. Accidentally stumbled upon a bergwall photo and I'm traumatized for life.
    I watched most of the video. It took almost 7 minutes to behead him. I had to turn it off after a minute. That knife in the pictures is small....and it was probably dull.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I watched most of the video. It took almost 7 minutes to behead him. I had to turn it off after a minute. That knife in the pictures is small....and it was probably dull.
    omg. so he was alert and feeling them saw away for minutes!??! omg. I feel sick.

Yeah, Foley was doing TV interviews in 2011, so those photos look familiar. There's some footage of that around. He had been held hostage by Gaddafi's forces, when the revolt in Libya started. I'd look for the interviews, but I don't want to see the beheading.

NSA has just announced the video as authentic.

Omg Berm .... I have not and will not watch it because you can't unsee it ... how brutal using a small and as you noted probably dull knife ... it's their m.o. though to be savage as possible.

How awful. 're the shaved head .... an attempt to dehumanize him? He was a handsome man.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    omg. so he was alert and feeling them saw away for minutes!??! omg. I feel sick.
    I didn't watch it all. I think his death was pretty quick (i pray so). It was a back and forth sawing motion. Then it cuts away to his head laying on his back. It's pretty graphic. This morning- I saw some of the longer videos, but now it's just the pretty quick one on live link. If anybody wants to watch...you may have to click and refresh a few times. You'll have to agree that you realize your watching something graphic.
    http://www.liveleak.com/temp.html?i=bc1_1408481278

that poor guy. this is my worst nightmare.

RIP james.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    that poor guy. this is my worst nightmare.

RIP james.
    It's your worst nightmare to be held captive by ISIS militants and have your head sawed off by a knife?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

no, any kind of decapitation.

i get flashes of dying when i'm on the freeway behind trucks with stuff piled on it. i can't do it.

watching a beheading would send me into a coma, i think. my stupid roommates watched the berg one in another room with the volume up and i had to leave because even hearing it made me sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Ugh, that video was so sad to watch. How awful for him to know what was going to happen any second. I hope it went quick for him. How do we know it took 7 minutes? The video doesn't show the entire thing (thankfully, or else I would've had to turn it off). Just shows him start to cut his neck, then shows afterwards (which was also really hard to see).

And I would be so terrified if I were Sotlof. I wonder if he saw what happened to Foley? Either way, he knows what will be coming. I literally feel sick to my stomach thinking about that.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Ugh, that video was so sad to watch. How awful for him to know what was going to happen any second. I hope it went quick for him. How do we know it took 7 minutes? The video doesn't show the entire thing (thankfully, or else I would've had to turn it off). Just shows him start to cut his neck, then shows afterwards (which was also really hard to see).

And I would be so terrified if I were Sotlof. I wonder if he saw what happened to Foley? Either way, he knows what will be coming. I literally feel sick to my stomach thinking about that.
    There are some unedited videos. I watched one of the foreign news sites this morning. I've read a few articles that said it took around 7 minutes to cut his head off. (I didn't see it tho) I've heard that there is some type of movement happening where people are trying to cause a media blackout of ISIS's videos. I doubt it will happen tho. I don't see as many videos the beheading as I saw this morning.

There are 20 reporters missing over there. Most are thought to be held by ISIS.

ETA: I knew I read about the 7 minute beheading somewhere. Daily Mail. I had to find a section of the cached article. I guess they've updated it since then and took it out. Everywhere else, it says the total video was almost 5 minutes.

19 hours ago - Photojournalist James Wright Foley has been beheaded by ISIS forces ... is then beheaded with a small knife over a period of seven minutes by a masked ...
    Last edited by bermstalker; 08-20-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Thread Information