Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Brown, 18, Was Shot Dead By Police In St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    this could have happened anywhere. there isn't anything special about missouri.
    No kidding, but it happened in Missouri, where there's nothing special anyways, therefore I hate Missouri.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

The thing is it's being supported by assholes all over the country.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    This Eric Garner thing is gonna make NYC blow up.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

The thing is it's being supported by assholes all over the country.
    I think there are assholes on both sides of this issue.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I think there are assholes on both sides of this issue.
    Huh? You realize one side literally has the KKK, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Huh? You realize one side literally has the KKK, right?
    So that makes the dumb fucks who are looting and rioting look better? Basically giving the KKK assholes MORE fuel for their fire?

There's been so many different stories on this situation it's lost all credibility to any original point that could have been made. The entire thing is now a cluster fuck waste of time.

No one knows what the fuck happened. Maybe the kid threatened the cop. Maybe the cop just shot the kid because he wanted to shoot a black punk. Maybe he stole some cigarillos. Maybe he was trying to pay for them. Maybe he approached the cop car. Maybe he was running away. Maybe he was 16. Maybe he was 21. Maybe the cops there are a bunch of racist fucktards. Maybe the witnesses are full of shit.

Before anyone knew what they were talking about, peaceful protests were met with military style policing, and the response is rioting. So now the people who are trying to stand up for the people are putting those people at risk by robbing their stores and shooting randomly in crowds. that's a smart way to demonstrate on how the cops aren't doing their fucking job.

Fuck everyone.

People in the neighborhood have been trying to protect stores. A few opportunistic bastards are making the whole thing go sour.

Fuck these animal cops for treating the public this way.

People in the neighborhood have been trying to protect stores. A few opportunistic bastards are making the whole thing go sour.

Fuck these animal cops for treating the public this way.
    If there is rioting, there's more than just a few opportunistic bastards.

And agreed.

None of the people looting have any political motivations, they're just piggy banking off something to capitalize off it. They're using it as a smokescreen to steal shit, they aren't on either side of the issue.

None of the people looting have any political motivations, they're just piggy banking off something to capitalize off it. They're using it as a smokescreen to steal shit, they aren't on either side of the issue.
    But it's not viewed that way by the OTHER assholes... which sucks.

They just make the people who are trying to defend their neighborhood look like idiots, therefore making the entire point moot. No ones going to focus on possible police brutality when no one can get a story straight and the civilians are robbing eachother and shooting at random houses. I say that because someone on DD who lives in that neighborhood was commenting on how that's happening.
    Last edited by Shins; 08-20-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Yeah but that's because the other assholes are wrong, not because both sides are wrong.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    The problem with that is the racists and pro aggressive cop camps are using it as an excuse to justify being racist and pro aggressive cop. That's the sad part. The whole "See? They're just animals" thing. There's was a chick on a friend's thread that said "Hopefully these businesses will reopen in a more civilized neighborhood". It took all of my might to not pipe in and point out that her own heritage would be considered the "uncivilized " people in LA by some people's standards because she was Hispanic. And she was from CA . She should have known better than to pin point a culture and be racial about it. That it doesn't matter what color you are, you're going to have assholes period. That was one instance that made me rage.

I didn't sink to her level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Yeah but that's because the other assholes are wrong, not because both sides are wrong.
    Who knows who's wrong at this point? I'm all for questioning cops intentions when it comes to minorities, but there hasn't been one solid testimony on this as to what really happened. If this kid reached in this cops car and grabbed his gun, then I can understand why he was shot. Sounds like a weird thing to do... but the witness testimony that he was shot in the back while running away was also wrong since we now know he wasn't shot in the back.

I'm not sure how aftermath of Katrina has anything to do with this story. Stores are getting ripped off. That is also called looting. I understand media buzz and racism just as much as you do, but the fact that this is happening in Ferguson and it's being done by black people is just the case in this matter. I didn't say they were looting because they were black.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    The problem with that is the racists and pro aggressive cop camps are using it as an excuse to justify being racist and pro aggressive cop. That's the sad part. The whole "See? They're just animals" thing. There's was a chick on a friend's thread that said "Hopefully these businesses will reopen in a more civilized neighborhood". It took all of my might to not pipe in and point out that her own heritage would be considered the "uncivilized " people in LA by some people's standards because she was Hispanic. And she was from CA . She should have known better than to pin point a culture and be racial about it. That it doesn't matter what color you are, you're going to have assholes period. That was one instance that made me rage.

I didn't sink to her level.
    This.

It's like.... thanks assholes. Now a movement that defends your demographic and could have helped you is probably going to fall to shit because you just decided to give no fucks. And the police brutality will continue, and they'll use this as an example. YAY.

I'm not sure how aftermath of Katrina has anything to do with this story. Stores are getting ripped off. That is also called looting. I understand media buzz and racism just as much as you do, but the fact that this is happening in Ferguson and it's being done by black people is just the case in this matter. I didn't say they were looting because they were black.
    I'm not saying you did, I was responding to Boston Babe's comment on her hypocrite friend.

Also this instance goes way beyond who did what when that kid got shot. It's about the public response. It's about people who feel black people have no claim to racism anymore. It's about people who think the police have a license to do whatever they want, including the despicable actions taken in the aftermath of the shooting and subsequent protests. It's about people not understanding how people with no power will lash out in any way they can against the people who have all the power.

I'm not saying you did, I was responding to Boston Babe's comment on her hypocrite friend.

Also this instance goes way beyond who did what when that kid got shot. It's about the public response. It's about people who feel black people have no claim to racism anymore. It's about people who think the police have a license to do whatever they want, including the despicable actions taken in the aftermath of the shooting and subsequent protests. It's about people not understanding how people with no power will lash out in any way they can against the people who have all the power.

Agreed. It's just frustrating as fuck when we claim to be the best country in the world and yet we're literally our own biggest problem.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    That's the picture I was thinking of when I said that looting isn't a racial issue, but a socioeconomic issue.

My question is this, if he were really charging at the cop as he so claims how did he end up with a gunshot to the palm of his hand? Not to mention the locations of the other gunshot wounds.

So that makes the dumb fucks who are looting and rioting look better? Basically giving the KKK assholes MORE fuel for their fire?

There's been so many different stories on this situation it's lost all credibility to any original point that could have been made. The entire thing is now a cluster fuck waste of time.

No one knows what the fuck happened. Maybe the kid threatened the cop. Maybe the cop just shot the kid because he wanted to shoot a black punk. Maybe he stole some cigarillos. Maybe he was trying to pay for them. Maybe he approached the cop car. Maybe he was running away. Maybe he was 16. Maybe he was 21. Maybe the cops there are a bunch of racist fucktards. Maybe the witnesses are full of shit.

Before anyone knew what they were talking about, peaceful protests were met with military style policing, and the response is rioting. So now the people who are trying to stand up for the people are putting those people at risk by robbing their stores and shooting randomly in crowds. that's a smart way to demonstrate on how the cops aren't doing their fucking job.

Fuck everyone.
    yep, yep, yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

^^^^ I was just about quote Shins and say "Yes" but beli beat me to it.

But also, the lady in the "white" looting photo doesn't look all white, or even mostly white. I'm pretty sure she's Creole. Not to split hairs.

The swollen face reports were early on in the sense that it came out in the first days of media attention, but this whole story didn't really hit the media in a big way until a few days after it was already happening - it was "just another police shooting" for about 4 days. I didn't see swollen face reports in the days before it was posted here, I think they turned up in the folloiwing 2 days. ETA (Uggh this bit was supposed to be a response to Tupe)

Someone getting a mate to hit them & create the appearance of a prior assault isn't unheard of. I haven't seen the full footage of this cop pacing around Mike Brown's body, but what I did see didn't show any of the gestures you'd expect from someone with facial fractures. He looks completely normal, just wandering around, no hands to head signs of upset or injury. I don't know if we'll ever see all that footage. People say their phones were seized.

The flow of police information is the weirdest thing I've ever seen in a case like this? It's unheard of to keep officer injuries a secret. He had to have been photoraphed immediately (even Zimmerman managed that) & x-rayed within 48 hrs, surely? Or is this particular dept so used to not answering questions about officer-involved shootings that they don't bother with all that paperwork & public accountability shit?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-video-4072685
    This video shows the moment the police officer who shot dead unarmed black teenager Michael Brown paces backwards and forwards near his body. Cop Darren Wilson, 28, can be seen talking to another police officer and pacing close to the dead body of the 18-year-old. The footage was taken by Piaget Crenshaw who lives in an apartment overlooking the scene in Ferguson, Missouri

In the upsetting footage, which was taken on a mobile phone, Ms Crenshaw says: 'God bless his soul, police shot this boy outside my apartment.' Speaking to CNN today, she says she knew something was 'not right' and claims she saw the moment the teenager was shot dead. 'I knew the police shouldn't have been chasing this boy and firing at the same time. And the fact he got shot in his face, something clicked in me and I thought someone else should see this so I recorded.' Ms Crenshaw said it had appeared as though Wilson had attempted to pull the teenager into a police cruiser in the moments before the shooting. But she claims the 18-year-old managed to get away but after turning around he was shot a number of times.

She added: 'He was running away and when he [Brown] turned around he was shot.' America?s National Guard has been called in to control mobs that have been causing mayhem since the shooting. Violence escalated on Sunday night in Ferguson, Missouri, which has been rocked by protests, looting and arson since Michael Brown was killed there on August 9.

A 400-strong crowd clashed with police. Rioters fired shots and hurled Molotov cocktails and stones. Massed-ranks of cops responded with rubber bullets, tear gas and smoke grenades - making the St Louis suburb resemble a war zone. Some involved were just 10. Last night there were fears things could get even worse after an autopsy revealed that Brown, 18, had been shot six times - twice in the head. The second post mortem examination, carried out at the request of Brown?s family by New York city?s former chief medical examiner Michael Baden, showed the 18-year-old was shot at a distance, disproving police claims he had been trying to grab the gun of officer Darren Wilson who killed him. Friends of Brown claim he had his arms in the air. Also on Sunday supporters of policeman Wilson, now on enforced leave, rallied to support him wearing t-shirts printed with ?I stand by Darren Wilson?. There are two Facebook pages backing Wilson, 28.
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-20-2014 at 04:09 PM.

I've punched a mate in the face for shit like this. It's not a big deal. If it'll keep me out of prison you can take a bat to my kneecaps.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...community.html

Why The Fires In Ferguson Won?t End Soon

The tensions have been building for a long time, and even justice for Michael Brown won?t change that

FERGUSON, Missouri?Talk to anyone in Ferguson and you?ll hear a story about the police. ?One of my friends had a son killed by the Ferguson Police Department, about 10 years ago,? said Carl Walker, a Vietnam veteran and former parole officer who came to show his support for demonstrators in Ferguson. ?They wouldn?t release the name of the officer who killed him. Why wouldn?t you release the name??

JAMELLE BOUIE
    Jamelle Bouie is a Slate staff writer covering politics, policy, and race.

?The cops said he shot at them?case closed,? said Al Cole, referring to a cousin who was killed by Ferguson police in 2000. ?Even as a teenager, 13 or 14 years old, I?ve been slammed on police cars ? now I try to avoid riding through Ferguson.?

?Some police say they saw me at a house, pulled me, said I fit a description, locked me up, and found out I was on parole,? said Craig Beck, who was watching demonstrators under the shade of a burned-out QuikTrip convenience store. ?They said I threw a plastic baggie, which they didn?t have when they took me into custody.? He continues: ?I beat the case, but you know, this isn?t new. This happens every day.?

Everyone?or at least, every black person?can recall an incident. Everyone can attest to friends and relatives who have been harassed, assaulted, or worse by the police.

Perhaps one of the most disturbing cases was last year?s shooting of Cary Ball Jr., a 25-year-old black student at St. Louis Community College?Forest Park. The official police report is that Ball crashed his car after a high-speed chase, ran away, and aimed his weapon at officers after they confronted him. Witnesses say Ball had thrown his gun to the ground and was walking toward police?hands up?when he was shot and killed with 25 rounds. A federal investigation cleared the officers. Likewise, that February, surveillance video from a casino showed St. Louis police slamming a black man?s head into the bumper of a vehicle, after a dispute over gambling and trespassing.

And in March of this year, a video showed St. Louis police officers beating a mentally disabled man in his home, after the family called police for help. These weren?t isolated events. A 2012 report from University of Missouri?St. Louis criminologist David Klinger found that, from 2008 to 2011, St. Louis police officers fired their weapons 98 times. ?Any comparison across cities right now is still missing the lion?s share of circumstances in which people are shot by the police,? Klinger said to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. ?There are only a smattering of cities that report their officer-involved shootings, and when compared against them, St. Louis is on the high end.?

The data on police violence is incomplete, as there is no federal effort to pull together information on unjustified homicides. But the anecdotes of brutality and excessive force out of St. Louis *and St. Louis County are rampant and often startling. In 2009, for example, a man was wrongly arrested, beaten by police, and subsequently charged for bleeding on their uniforms. This abuse is so ubiquitous that the shooting of Michael Brown might seem like static against a backdrop of awfulness. But even for the area, Brown?s death was brutal. Which is why?in an otherwise quiet town in an otherwise quiet area?we?re dealing with an explosive fire that shows no signs of ending.

By now, if you?ve followed the news, you know the story has two sides. Police say Brown resisted arrest and assaulted an officer. ?The genesis of this was a physical confrontation,? said St. Louis County police Chief Jon Belmar during a press conference after the shooting. In the official narrative, a routine stop turned into a struggle with two men, Brown and his friend. As officer Darren Wilson tried to leave his vehicle, one of the two pushed him back into the car and lunged for his gun. During the struggle, one shot was fired, and soon after, Brown was shot multiple times on the street.

To the eyewitnesses, this story is nonsense. Dorian Johnson was with Brown at the time of the encounter. He was the ?other man.? In his account, the two were walking down the middle of the street, having a conversation, when Wilson?the shooter?drove down and told them to ?get the f--k off the street.? They continued, he drove off, and a few seconds later, he reversed his car in their direction and opened the door. As Johnson describes it, ?He was so close to us that [the door] ? bounced back toward him. At that point, he reached out the window and tried to choke my friend. We were trying to get away, and he tried to pull my friend into the car.? A few moments later, Wilson pulled out his gun and shot Brown, injuring him. ?We look at [Brown], he was shot and there was blood comin? from him. ? We took off running, and I hid because I feared for my life. My friend took off running, too,? explained Johnson.

Wilson then stepped out of the car, weapon drawn, and shot again. ?Once my friend felt that, he put his arms in the air, and he started to get down, but the officer still approached with the weapon drawn, and he fired several more shots, and my friend died. He didn?t say anything to him, he just stood over him and kept shooting.? Another witness described a similar scene. ?I know he shot that child, and when he shot him, the little boy fell, then he shot him six more times,? said one woman in an interview with local newscasters.

To residents of Ferguson, in other words, the situation is simple. Michael Brown was executed by an angry cop. You can hear their shock and fear in a video recorded just after the shooting. ?They killed him for no reason ? they just killed this n---er for no reason,? said one man. ?Do you see a knife? Do you see anything that would have caused a threat to these motherf--kin? police? They shot that boy because they wanted to shoot that boy in the middle of the motherf--kin? day in the middle of the motherf--kin? street.? A forthright police department could have calmed these nerves. They could have answered basic questions: Who was the shooter? How many times did he fire? What was Brown stopped for? And why did officers let his body sit in the street for four hours? Instead, led by Chief Thomas Jackson, the Ferguson Police Department stonewalled at every turn, refusing cooperation and transparency.

And when residents began to gather near the site of Brown?s shooting to demonstrate and memorialize, police responded with guns and dogs, sparking a cycle of protest and repression. Nightly demonstrations from residents were met with tear gas and rubber bullets by aggressive, militarized police, which sparked larger, more aggressive demonstrations and harsher, more draconian responses, justified by reports of looting and violence. After an especially bad night of clashes on Sunday, Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon sent the National Guard to Ferguson to attempt to keep the peace.

Thread Information