Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
The park's statement says she died on the ride...I am wondering if she had a heart attack when that bar came up and was dead before she hit the ground. Maybe COD is a heart attack instead of blunt force trauma?
I think it's possible she had a heart attack once she was flung from the ride and was dead before she hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
I don't know how they would possibly be able to determine that. I guess if there was little blood at the scene they could try to say her heart stopped beating before she hit the ground, but I don't know how else they could tell.
The coroner would be able to tell if she suffered a heart attack by heart muscle damage. Sometimes, heart muscle damage can be seen with the naked eye if it is severe enough. Other times it isn't seen until under the microscope. They would be able to tell if her heart was stopped by the physical injuries. Basically, if there is no bruising to the body her heart was no longer pumping prior to hitting the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
I almost hope a heart attack killed her before she hit the ground. Slightly more humane.
This.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
Say she did suffer a heart attack before falling- shouldn't she still be in her seat when the coaster stops?
Yes. A medical emergency is not going to cause her restraint to fly up. That's why I quoted that part of the article, because I think it's bullshit the topic is even being discussed by Six Flags.

"Well, if the woman hadn't of had a heart attack her restraint would not have flown up and she would still be alive today.' Blame it on the rider.