Page 381 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 281 331 371 379 380 381 382 383 391 431 481 881 1381 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,525 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    I have been watching the trial since day one. Dr drew would be on TV when he would get home from work. He sort of got interested and would ask questions. He had shoulder surgery March 13, so had commanded the TV and I would watch on the computer with headphones. I would share bits and pieces with him and it sort of evolved into him watching HLN and me still watching on the computer. Now he is absolutely hooked. He records HLN start to finish of the trial. He loves it all except Nancy G. Hubby has PT a couple times a week and spends his time telling the therapist about the trial. Friends call and ask him how he is doing and he tells them all about the trial. He hates Alyce the goon and yells at the tv, sort of like when he watches football. I feel like a drug pusher, but it's so nice to have someone around to discuss and watch it with. He hopes to still be off work for the verdict and the sentencing.
    "I feel like a drug pusher" Too funny!!!!!!!!!!! and I bet it's great living with your fellow addict! I alway get the eye roll or fingers across the lips motion (zip it!) from my husband! you've got it made

Found the Purple Plum manipulation I was talking about the other day. JM says "manager" not waitress and names the guy.

1:29:50 Purple Plum Manager Gary [?Brainkman?]

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    reps thanks Harlette
    she's moving her UNbelievablity out of the courtroom to twitter now that her gig is almost up.
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

she has definitely shortened her life span................. thanks to her huge ego!

just watched a clip of this lady on the stand telling JM that Jodi told her the KNIFE was left on the night stand... But Jodi said she did't remember where the knife was because she was in the fog

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    Alyce slipped up on one of the questions having to do with why she chose this case. She answered it fine, but then started to say "I dont have a great retirement". This leads me to believe she doesnt have a retirement nest egg and must supplement her income (or SSI). It appears she chose the lucrative field of forensics. This might come as a surprise, but private practice work is difficult and doesn't pay that well, cause there is only so many hours in a week.

No surprise there. Jodi has to monitor her "mark" (boyfriend) to make sure they are behaving.

this argument is illogical...the defense psychologist, Samuels, brought it up to justify the murder. Fight, Flight or Freeze is simply a physiologic response (epinephrine) to an emergency situation that prepares the body. The choices depend upon the situation. Jodi had the opportunity to flee but didnt take it. We (if we were the jury) need to focus on Travis's fight/flight/freeze for his life! The defense strategy requires you suspend belief and swig down a shot of Jodi.

You forgot that Jodi skipped school regularly! Anywho, Alyce has spent too much time in the insular world of DV. Children who have been abused are at risk of further abuse, be it bullying or partners who will abuse them. It has been proven (and is old news actually) that abused children will NOT grown into abusers themselves. Same with persons who were sexually abused; they dont automatically grow into perpetrators. Yes, they are traumatized. Yes, they may attract ppl who will abuse them. Its just not true that they would identify with the abuser. Its likely Travis was becoming aware of the effects of his childhood abuse and neglect. That awareness usually starts to rear its ugly head in adulthood around mate selection. It just seems to me that Travis was ripe for Jodi; he was vulnerable, needy and his weaknesses were obvious. I am certain she took advantage of all his foibles. Though he saught her out because of her looks, she encouraged him. He was a target. He was kind and giving and probably ignored his inner alarms. In addition, men who have been abused & neglected have a harder time with fear and weakness. When she started working him with the pedophilia he must have fought that definition. It's such a sad story.

I continue to see Alyce as biased. It is amazing to me that she has increased discussion of her own personal needs. Her needs do not trump everyone else. She is completely and totally sucked into Jodi's story. I see the dv as a defense strategy, nothing more. I've met professionals like Alyce, they are so convinced of their righteousness that they can't see the light. She can not see that she is prejudiced. She may never recognize that her testimony is distorted.
    My guess is he would have fought that definition because the pedophilia story was a lie. He was not a pedophile.

Jodi the Con

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Stabby is a master manipulator. She only befriends ppl she can get something out of. We haven't heard from Brian Carr lately-prolly cuz Stabby stopped talking to him-bc he has nothing she wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
    Jodi is a master manipulator. She has used people all her life, and will continue to do so for as long as she has access to people.
    Jinx, Angie and Metis!

You know what they say... great minds think alike (and sometimes ours).
    This is why I say Travis was an easy mark for Jodi. He was attracted to her shell...sort of like a peacock with its bright feathers...notice me...notice me. She was finished with Darryl, she was looking for fresh meat. On the hunt for someone to take care of her. She had no concern whatsoever for Darryl. Think about it, she helped to bankrupt a man who had a child.

Its not lost on many of us that Jodi never lived on her own. By the sounds of it, she spent most of her time with Travis while in Mesa. probably slept with him most nights. Why didnt the defense team bring in testimony from the woman she allegedly lived with?

Isnt it interesting that once there is no man to use up, she has found low-life women to suck off.

In terms of Travis, he was the oldest child of the union between his mother and father. If Wikipedia is to be believed, Travis's father was married three times. As the oldest brother in his sibling group, he might have had the qualities that go along with being a brother of sisters. (this is from sibling position research. This sibling position gives a man an easy time with women, they tend to understand women well because they have been surrounded by women since birth. Considering all of that, he might have felt protective.

This is why i am so disgusted by Alyce, she didn't want to know Travis.

Quote Originally Posted by olgasbunghole View Post
    "I feel like a drug pusher" Too funny!!!!!!!!!!! and I bet it's great living with your fellow addict! I alway get the eye roll or fingers across the lips motion (zip it!) from my husband! you've got it made
    My hubby puts up with it. lol. He listens when I jabber about it but he doesn't follow it. Every now and then he'll ask how the trial is going.

Shoot Harlette! I almost feel bad for the lady looking at these pics. In some ways she brought this on herself but I also feel like she was deceived by the defense team. They did not give her essential information and they certainly didn't prepare her for Juan Martinez!

Quote Originally Posted by tiggrrl72077 View Post
    My hubby puts up with it. lol. He listens when I jabber about it but he doesn't follow it. Every now and then he'll ask how the trial is going.
    I suppose he wants a one sentence answer...lol My husband has never seen the morgue pictures, except the awful throat one. He really, really hates Alyce. To think of the other cases she has been involved in through family court, I wonder how many men suffered from her involvement. She truly is more than an advocate, she is an activist and as such she only knows bias. Listening to her testimony gives me a headache...she is a glorified social worker. How many other "professionals" practice how Alyce preaches. She is one scary bitch and I hope she retires soon.

I've sort of wondered about Jodi and drugs. It seemed like the girl never slept. I have often wondered if she did some meth on the way. Kept her up for the trip and gave her crazy energy for the attack?
    I, too, think that's a possibility. She probably got it from Matt or Darryl on her way to Mesa.

(Updated) Will Alyce Laviolette Charged With Perjury As An Expert Witness?

http://tamaratattles.com/2013/04/12/...xpert-witness/

The writer thinks Alyce will be impeached due to lack of qualifications,bias, inconsistencies and contradictions. Bias is one of the most common strategies for impeaching a witness at trial. This involves demonstrating that the witness is motivated in his testimony by personal gain - actual payment for testifying in that particular case or the hope that testimony in this case will lead to more business as an expert witness. Repeatedly testifying for the same side during trial is also sometimes grounds for impeachment because of bias. Alyce’s testimony could be entirely stricken.

It's a good read

To: Everyone Court Room 105
    Subject: Surprise Going Away Party for Alyce

Hi everyone! Oh boy the judge almost blew it with Alice today! The almost gave away our little surprise. I'm sending you all this email as a reminder Of next Tuesday's surprise party for Alice. I know since she can't open emails This was a safe way to remind everyone. (Lil J is sitting here next to me and says hi to all of you)

POT LUCK LIST
    Penis shaped cake - me (Big J)
    Maricopa Bologna Sammie - Jodi Lil J
    (She's sorry she can only get one...now she's got me giggling and says she'll cut it up)
    Champagne Punch - Judge
    Toothpicks - Nurmi
    Guacamole and chips - Juan
    ( We had to agree to let him sign autographs outside the courthouse to get him to bring the chips)
    Knife for cake - Flores
    (Lil J is giggling again and I have to smack her and tell her she can't take it with her)
    Wooden Spoon - Sandy
    Music - Casa Ramos Mariachis
    Memory Album - Dr Dick (Jodi is smirking)
    Snow White Balloons - Mike
    The Best of ALV Video - HLN
    Cavity Searches - Donavan (Lil J is making me crack up with what she just whispered in my ear)

Special Guests
    Juror #5
    Jinkasarus
    Katie Witt
    Alyce's life partner

The Alexanders will be on hand to give her the finger as she leaves.

OMG Lil J has a great idea. She wants to know if balliff can bring
    A whoopie cushion for the witness stand seat for Alyce to sit on so she can hear it fart as she sits down!! I tell ya this BFF of mine is so funny, smart and cute! She's got me laughing so hard right NOW!!!

NG will be live at the Maricopa County Courthouse to unleash the lawyers!

SEE YOU ALL TUESDAY
    SHHHH
    Love you,
    Jenn

QUOTE=Brillig;3386019]They are grasping at straws. It isn't witness tampering.[/QUOTE]

They could argue that death threats & the sheer size of the onslaught against her is enough to change the manner in which she testifies, simply by causing her to be stressed and/or distracted, couldn't they? Whether you think she deserves every last word of it, none of you really believe she could possibly be completely unaffected by it do you? She's 65 isn't she? That's my mother's age, maybe my mum & her friends are overly dramatic, but they seem to have high blood pressure & multiple other medical dramas when something mildly stressful occurs. I expect death threats & thousands of condemning or abusive emails & ph calls would be more than mildly stressful?

I think her views came across as antiquated & her manner as difficult & obstructive, but she is testifying at trial. If there's an issue with her claims &/or behaviour, the judge & jury will let her know when the verdict is handed down. If her statements & behaviour on the stand are a serious issue, her professional community, colleagues & clients will deal with that - after & separate to the trial. I do not support her arguments at all but I think this might be bigger than many realise & that it could be even more of an issue for future trials. If this continues as it has been, this trial may become the catalyst for change because the fallout is going to be longlasting. Media classes will study this trial & the huge online response it provoked.

It makes no difference what she said, how she said it & whether she deserves what is said & done in response to her testimony.The attacks on this defense witness, in this trial will make potential defense witnesses in future trials consider their willingness to testify very, very carefully & some will simply refuse. "So what, killers don't deserve help" many will say, but some defendants are innocent & this will affect the innocent as much as it does the guilty.

No matter how we feel about the rigid belief system of this particular witness, the massive"backlash" aimed squarely at her HAS to affect the willingness to testify of defense witnesses who come after her. If the defense in this trial WAS intending to call other witnesses after her, do you think they'd be willing to appear after this? Or do you think they'd rather risk being jailed for contempt? (I have no idea if that's an option for reluctant defense witnesses in the U.S, it's just an example of how far some may now be prepared to go, to avoid a similar situation).

Ya know...why the hell did Brady Bunch Housekeeper look a like Alyce start talking about her retirement?? Did someone ask??? Sheesh she annoys me!

(Updated) Will Alyce Laviolette Charged With Perjury As An Expert Witness?

http://tamaratattles.com/2013/04/12/...xpert-witness/

The writer thinks Alyce will be impeached due to lack of qualifications,bias, inconsistencies and contradictions. Bias is one of the most common strategies for impeaching a witness at trial. This involves demonstrating that the witness is motivated in his testimony by personal gain - actual payment for testifying in that particular case or the hope that testimony in this case will lead to more business as an expert witness. Repeatedly testifying for the same side during trial is also sometimes grounds for impeachment because of bias. Alyce’s testimony could be entirely stricken.

It's a good read
    yes - i have been reading that on a few blogs, but i also talked to a coupe legal eagles and they explained how that is pretty much impossible, first there is no court heating to impeach a witness impeach it is done thru cross examination,like jm has done, and that wouldn't be to reason to strike her testimony 2. there is no way jm would want it stricken, she has been great for the prosecution, plus if for some reason that happened it would be an immediate mistrial and if there ever was some type of complaint about lying in court, then any action would not take place until after the trial was over

it is interesting how fast this rumor is taking off, and no one is even checking to see the facts that all the claims a impossible legally

They are grasping at straws. It isn't witness tampering.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    They could argue that death threats & the sheer size of the onslaught against her is enough to change the manner in which she testifies, simply by causing her to be stressed and/or distracted, couldn't they?
    The defense can argue it, but their motion will not succeed.

Whether you think she deserves every last word of it, none of you really believe she could possibly be completely unaffected by it do you? She's 65 isn't she? That's my mother's age, maybe my mum & her friends are overly dramatic, but they seem to have high blood pressure & multiple other medical dramas when something mildly stressful occurs.
    If she is so old and frail that people disagreeing with her give her heart palpitations, then she should not be offering herself as an expert witness in a very high profile trial where her every word of testimony is only intended to defend absolutely everything a murderer has done, and drag a slain victim through the mud.

I think her views came across as antiquated & her manner as difficult & obstructive, but she is testifying at trial.
    Yes, a trial where expert witnesses are expected to behave as such, not like spoiled, bratty, obstinate children refusing to answer questions and throwing out snarky one liners.

I do not support her arguments at all but I think this might be bigger than many realise & that it could be even more of an issue for future trials. If this continues as it has been, this trial may become the catalyst for change because the fallout is going to be longlasting. Media classes will study this trial & the huge online response it provoked.
    Welcome to the digital revolution. If there are changes, I expect they will be that expert witnesses, no matter which side they testify for, might realize that if they testify in a biased or untruthful manner in a high profile trial, or sell out true victims in favor of a pathological liar and slaughtering sociopath, that there might be a backlash. People might not buy their books, or attend their lectures, or hire them as expert witnesses in the future. Big deal, it won't kill them. You reap what you sow.

The attacks on this defense witness, in this trial will make potential defense witnesses in future trials consider their willingness to testify very, very carefully & some will simply refuse.
    Good. If dishonest or biased expert witnesses stop testifying, so much the better for the justice system.

"So what, killers don't deserve help" many will say, but some defendants are innocent & this will affect the innocent as much as it does the guilty.
    I would never say killers don't deserve a fair trial and a vigorous defense. I don't think anyone else here would either. You seem to be operating under a misapprehension that ALV is experiencing backlash merely because she is testifying for someone who committed a murder, but that is not the case. She is experiencing backlash because her testimony is shockingly biased and with it she has sold out REAL domestic violence victims. People are outraged and offended.

No matter how we feel about the rigid belief system of this particular witness, the massive"backlash" aimed squarely at her HAS to affect the willingness to testify of defense witnesses who come after her.
    Only if they plan to lie and be biased.

If the defense in this trial WAS intending to call other witnesses after her, do you think they'd be willing to appear after this?
    If they were planning to lie and be biased, perhaps they would be reconsidering. If they were planning to testify as to facts in a non-biased and truthful way, then they would have nothing to worry about, and I think they would know it.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

I wonder how many men that have lost custody of their children, in which Alyce testified against them, may now appeal the courts ruling? If I was the losing party in a case that Alyce testified with me in, I would be filing legal paperwork now.
    This is frighteningly true. It stands to reason that at least some of the cases she's been involved in DID have real & serious domestic violence. Mothers & kids who managed to escape & then make it through court will have finally begun to build lives free of that shit. If her name comes up in the court record, it won't just be men unfairly denied access to their kids that benefit. She has likely given real perpetrators grounds to revisit their cases too. They may not win, but they can drag the kids back through court & traumatise them all over again.

Giving real perpetrators the grounds to return to court will force victims in hiding out into the open & leave them sitting ducks on their hearing dates. Sydney woman Jean Lennon was murdered by her estranged husband in front of me & everyone else in my office outside Parramatta Family Court in the mid '90's. She'd been forced to leave the refuge where she & her 4 kids were hiding & attend a custody hearing. This shit does really happen. Almost every REAL perpetrator who's ever been outed has called his accuser & anyone who supports her a liar, & unless he's volatile enough to attack in public, most will give him the benefit of the doubt. Anytime someone has dv workers support their story now, it's going to make people MORE sceptical.

ALV's days on the stand will have added to the trauma for the Alexander family & friends, but the worst damage is yet to come. Rightly or wrongly, her testimony in this case will be taken & used against the people she's supposed to help. This is going to hurt people who've never heard of Jodi Arias. This could hurt kids who havn't even been born yet. The effect of her testimony on this trial will be confined to the U.S, but the effect her testimony will have on the treatment of domestic violence will have worldwide ramifications. She's made female reports of domestic violence less credble on a global basis.

There are comments floating around out there that make it sound like the 1950's. I hope people stop the harassment, it's so extreme it's becoming a bigger story than the trial itself. If people are doing it because they want her to GET IT. She will, & when she realises the damage done to her cause it'll be punishment enough, worse even than her loss of professional standing.

I know people will argue in defense of the protests against her til they're blue in the face, that's life, but this IS going to stop honest people testifying too. Not everyone is responding to it as calmly & rationally as most people here have. No-one is going to risk the possibility of having this happen to them for a defendant they don't know personally - & even personal involvement might not be enough. No-one is going to say to themselves "I'm telling the truth, so I'll be fine", they'll stay the hell away, just in case - particularly if it's high profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimple blossom View Post
    Alyce and all the other defense' "expert" witnesses are not helping them but only hurting them even more. I can't believe how long this Trial has been. I wonder if the defense has another witness up or is it awesome JM' turn? So hard to keep on a tablet, sucks plus I can't watch the live stream anymore too :/
    Defense experts might have helped the defense if it had not been for Juan and his grillings, bringing out bias, inconsistent remarks, etc. Without Juan, would any juror question testing by the psychologist, or questioned the diagnosis he gave on different issues? We must remember Alyce with her "context" of things declaring Travis a deviant, a liar, an abuser based only on the written word. We must not forget Nurmi's droning speech patterns, Wilmott's questions with the fake look of interest with her head cocked to the side (like she was REALLY interested).
    We are in the least interesting part of the trial. Our interest was really listening to Jodi and hearing what lie could she tell next, but that's over. We must also remember how those so called experts would not answer questions without trying to explain everything with their bias. Those experts would not answer yes or no to a yes or no question.
    I know nothing about court schedules, but this trial would have been over if had they scheduled more days a week to devote to this case. Now we are seeing jury burnout and suddenly the court can go all week? Kind of late, isn't it?

[QUOTE=Brillig;3388
    I would never say killers don't deserve a fair trial and a vigorous defense. I don't think anyone else here would either. You seem to be operating under a misapprehension that ALV is experiencing backlash merely because she is testifying for someone who committed a murder, but that is [B]not[/B] the case. She is experiencing backlash because her testimony is shockingly biased and with it she has sold out REAL domestic violence victims. People are outraged and offended.

I expected this response. You're responding from your own personal perspective as an mds poster, & I realise I didn't word things particularly well, because I have 3 kids & a million pets here on their first day of school holidays (so apologies for vagueness, stupidity etc over next 2 wks),I didn't mean to make it sound like I meant just here, it was meant as a general "all that stuff out there" particularly the more direct forms of approach - & obviously that was a fairly important bit to leave out, but there's probably quite a few people who'll feel the same way no matter how I explain it.

MDS is the tiniest drop in the ocean as far as the response to alv. I did NOT for one minute, think this is happening purely because she's defending a murderer, but now that you mention it, there'd probably be less discussion of female bald spots & male pregnancies if certain individuals were arguing the prosecution case, don't you think?

I am outraged & offended by her shite & her spoilt teenage braticisms. I understand COMPLETELY why her behaviour is reprehensible. I escaped a 13 year violent, controlling relationship just 2 years ago & my 3 kids have only very recently begun to show signs of putting it behind them. I have only recently been able to engage with the "outside" world. Most of my friends thought I was dead or had emigrated for 14yrs, because for the first 12mths after our escape, I was afraid he was still monitoring our phones & laptop & I was too afraid to even call the best friend I hadn't spoken to for 13yrs. My ingrained fear made me add that extra 12mths of social isolation all by myself. 2 yrs ago I would never have been allowed to discuss this with YOU. So I get it. I REALLY get it.

Before my kids were born, I watched as a mother of 4 had a gun held to her head outside a family court near Sydney. He pulled the trigger & executed her right in front of us. Then he shot her in each breast & the crotch before he calmly walked into court. So don't worry. I get it. I think Jodi's guilty. I think alv is a fucking idiot. But the response to her testimony goes beyond the threads in mds & it's bordering on insanity. It WILL make people think twice about testifying regardless of their honesty & integrity, because it is just not worth the hassle or the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    Shoot Harlette! I almost feel bad for the lady looking at these pics. In some ways she brought this on herself but I also feel like she was deceived by the defense team. They did not give her essential information and they certainly didn't prepare her for Juan Martinez!
    It has been said by Alyce she testified with the information she was given. Why would the defense team not give her all the information? What information was supposedly not given to her? What more could they have given her?
    Why did Alyce herself not pursue anything? She only relied on anything written being IM's or statements from some already unsavory people. Matt's been a proven liar, and Darryl Brewer wasn't the solid citizen he proclaimed to be. Darryl knows much more than he let on in court. That was very evident with his response to the gas can incident. He would have said absolutely nothing about them. He was careful with EVERY word. Jodi shit on him at the end, but he passed it off as a mutual separation.
    I know Alyce wouldn't want to hear anything positive about Travis, but if she had some positive data, she could have tailored her testimony accordingly instead of always bashing what wasn't really true and wound up making a fool of herself.

I flip and flop between feeling bad in the same way but then i remember her completely ignoring the fact that what happened to Travis was the ultimate in domestic violence and all sympathy for her goes out of the window. I don't do that lightly either, my mother was the victim of domestic violence from her first marriage, to the point she had to escape the house wearing nothing but her night clothes and was found wandering in a cemetary. Any person who stands up for domestic violence victims would usually gain my utmost respect but I simply can't muster any respect for this lady at the moment.

[QUOTE=Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    Alyce slipped up on one of the questions having to do with why she chose this case. She answered it fine, but then started to say "I dont have a great retirement". This leads me to believe she doesn't have a retirement nest egg and must supplement her income (or SSI). It appears she chose the lucrative field of forensics. [/QUOTE]

Def witness Sanuels said basically the same thing, he left private practice and got into the expert witness game for the money....

Maybe this world is another planet's hell
    Aldous Huxley

Makes me wonder how many cases she has testified for that caused innocent men to lose their kids or be punished by jail time?
    She may be a great DV expert for women and all that, but I really do believe JM proved that Alyce can not be objective with men.
    You can't always go into a case thinking it's always the man's fault when you want to call yourself an expert and testify in court.. That's not fair. If you are going to do that-that leaves you open to be discredited like JM did to her yesterday.
    You can't tell half truths/lies and expect it not to come back and bite you on the butt.

I still don't get the bashing of her book, tho. Don't get me wrong- I care! but not enough to take the time to write a nasty review on a book I haven't read.

Anyway, Alyce will write a future book on her interaction with Jodi and all those stupid diary post and her big box of papers.

Thread Information