Page 776 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 276 676 726 766 774 775 776 777 778 786 826 876 1276 ... LastLast
Results 19,376 to 19,400 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Sidney is screaming and I don't feel like getting up to feed him yet.

My kid's cat has disappeared and I don't feel like worrying about a cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    But now you know. Never say my friends look like Korn and I will never tell you any man you date reminds me of Nickelback. But I will add that I can't stand it when people bag all over Christmas although I think it's fair when any holiday is barraging you months in advance. But the hatred for Christmas just confuses me, its intent overall is to be a very nice time with family.
    I prefer Thanksgiving for the family gathering bit.

I don't want to deny anyone their joy of Christmas, but I don't want to be forced into acting like it's a happy time of year. Christmas is just too stressful to really be fun anymore. Torn between traveling to two families in two states that are nowhere near each other, the cost of travel, the cost of gifts, the weather sucks (which affects my bipolar), the fact that my Christmas break falls in the middle of the quarter (and not at the semester break as it is for others) so I have grading and prepping to do and lasts only two weeks (and my husband's is even shorter), we don't have kids so it's just not worth it. People are already starting with "what are your plans?" and "what do you want?" What I want is to be able to curl up in a ball and sleep through the holiday and not spend a ton of money, but that's never going to happen.

Christmas can be very stressful. I don't see it as a joyous time of year at all. It's a pain in the ass. Also, you can look like Ted Bundy and not be a serial killer. Just sayin'.

i love christmas, but i'm not going to force someone to do something they are not able to or want to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I'm not a fan of xmas. I like the drinking part and the extra days off. It's for sure stressful and people act like the shops are shut for a week. So annoying!
    Jen, you are not alone, I know of many people who feel the same as you.

Halloween is better.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

My middle daughter said last Christmas that this year she was not leaving her house. If we want to come there we can, otherwise, she'll see us later. I don't know if she's standing by that or not but I completely understand her feelings. I want to do the same.

Also, I hate when people say "it's a family time". Not for everyone it's not, some people don't have families or speak to their family. I know of a few people who consider it the loneliest time of the year.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarren View Post
    Also, I hate when people say "it's a family time". Not for everyone it's not, some people don't have families or speak to their family. I know of a few people who consider it the loneliest time of the year.
    i always get worried about people falling into that SADD depression. my first suicide ever while working in property management was right before christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

i always get worried about people falling into that SADD depression. my first suicide ever while working in property management was right before christmas.
    I know right? I feel bad for those people who are lonely/depressed. My old next door neighbour was elderly and had no family so we used to go around for a cuppa just for company for her.

fuck xmas. any holiday in my family was always about my grandmother being a dramatic bitch and ruining everyone's lives. it was never a particularly happy time in my household as a child or as an adult. not to mention that it comes right after 12/22 which is the shittiest day of the whole year in my world.

it will be interesting to see how this xmas goes now that my grandmother won't be around to ruin it. last year she told me she would never get me another xmas gift, i guess she was right for once as she pretty much told me that every year of my life.

Has anyone booked through Ryan Air for Europe stuff lately? I haven't since like, 2007, and I booked a ticket but haven't received a confirmation email. WTFFFF Ryan Air.

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    Has anyone booked through Ryan Air for Europe stuff lately? I haven't since like, 2007, and I booked a ticket but haven't received a confirmation email. WTFFFF Ryan Air.
    When I booked Marta's tickets this year through Taca, at the bottom of the page was a note to Copy Page As Your Confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Key West Digger View Post
    When I booked Marta's tickets this year through Taca, at the bottom of the page was a note to Copy Page As Your Confirmation.
    No, this one says 'this is not confirmed until you get an email' and when I looked up the reservation number, nothing showed up. But it shows my payment as pending. I don't now what to do, I don't want to buy it twice.

Here's the Website with contact number's. http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/contact-numbers

Here's the Website with contact number's. http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/contact-numbers
    Yes, I thought of all that, however, it's an international number and I don't have international calling on my phone. I sent them an email instead to ask. It's all I could think of, I'm just confused by how this works.

Because bowie is nowhere near intelligent enough to find that on her own. I just chewed somebody's ass at the library for telling me a yard is 36 inches. No fucking duh? Do I have retard stamped on my head or something?

Quote Originally Posted by deeply shaded View Post
    Because bowie is nowhere near intelligent enough to find that on her own. I just chewed somebody's ass at the library for telling me a yard is 36 inches. No fucking duh? Do I have retard stamped on my head or something?
    hahaha I was trying to be nicer about it but yeah that's kind of how I felt exactly.

It's like when I say "I can't find my keys" and someone asks if I checked my purse. WHAT THE FUCK WHO WOULDN'T CHECK THEIR PURSE FIRST.

It's like when I say "I can't find my keys" and someone asks if I checked my purse. WHAT THE FUCK WHO WOULDN'T CHECK THEIR PURSE FIRST.
    I got an email from work this morning that seems to have set the theme for my day. In a nutshell I had emailed and pointed out that something is being done wrong and got an email back instructing me on how to do it. Um, yeah. I know the right way. Otherwise, I wouldn't recognize that OTHER PEOPLE ARE DOING IT WRONG. I rewrote my reply like 10 times so I didn't sound like a total bitch, but damn, it's just insulting.

So when the poor soul at the library told me that there were 36 inches in a yard I kinda lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by deeply shaded View Post
    I got an email from work this morning that seems to have set the theme for my day. In a nutshell I had emailed and pointed out that something is being done wrong and got an email back instructing me on how to do it. Um, yeah. I know the right way. Otherwise, I wouldn't recognize that OTHER PEOPLE ARE DOING IT WRONG. I rewrote my reply like 10 times so I didn't sound like a total bitch, but damn, it's just insulting.

So when the poor soul at the library told me that there were 36 inches in a yard I kinda lost it.
    Worst answer ever to 'I can't find such and such' is 'where did you leave it?' OH WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT THANK YOU SO MUCH.

"Can't get no respect". A lot of people are complaining they cannot connect to sites on their phones, and I thought this was the case.
    Last edited by Key West Digger; 09-20-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Wut, I stated that my issue was that I paid for the ticket, and was told 'it's not confirmed until you get a confirmation email' and then never got an email confirming. But my friend booked his and went through the same thing.

did you check your spam folder, bowie? sorry. i have no advice but um, good luck?

dttam: a number has been trying to fax my office for at least a week. calling the number does nothing. yet it still tries to fax. every few faxes or so, it will call with a message on how i should set my fax machine to accept faxes when i hear the tone. THERE'S NO FAX CONNECTED TO THE SWITCHBOARD, ASSHOLES! STOP TRYING. sheesh. someone needs to invent a stop fax code.

Quote Originally Posted by whackjob View Post
    did you check your spam folder, bowie? sorry. i have no advice but um, good luck?

dttam: a number has been trying to fax my office for at least a week. calling the number does nothing. yet it still tries to fax. every few faxes or so, it will call with a message on how i should set my fax machine to accept faxes when i hear the tone. THERE'S NO FAX CONNECTED TO THE SWITCHBOARD, ASSHOLES! STOP TRYING. sheesh. someone needs to invent a stop fax code.
    God I hate that. No FAX. No FAX. Join the 20th century and use email for the love of God.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I actually did check spam because that was the first thing that occurred to me. Everyone I talked to said that Ryan Air is just stupid so hopefully all I have to do is print it out and fight it out with them.

Thread Information