Page 779 of 867 FirstFirst ... 279 679 729 769 777 778 779 780 781 789 829 ... LastLast
Results 19,451 to 19,475 of 21663

Thread: Dumb things that make you happy.

got my report on the classes i need to graduate, and i realize that i already have completed the maximum amount of electives i can do from the community college so instead of starting from 90 units towards graduation, i'm starting from 105. only 75 to go!!!

also, my report said that the ideas of math class i took counts as the pre-psych stats class so i only have a 1 unit online class to take, 'psych as a major', before i am admitted as an official psych major.

maybe this news means i will decide not to dual major since i am playing with fewer units than i thought. still not sure. but i'll take this news as a win all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    well done.
    thanks! I feel dumb for being so excited over something so small, but I don't know many kids who don't have cavities. I have a cousin whose kid is on her 7th filling at like 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

woo! i saw the counselor today and they gave me the ok to graduate in summer for the AA liberal arts degree with an emphasis in social and behavioral science!!!

i was worried that i would have to just skip the graduation from the community college and just transfer because even though i followed the original plan set up for me to a tee, i decided at the last minute i would rather kill myself than take 'authors of the theater' and took a different class related to psychology instead. turns out i didn't need that class after all.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    woo! i saw the counselor today and they gave me the ok to graduate in summer for the AA liberal arts degree with an emphasis in social and behavioral science!!!

i was worried that i would have to just skip the graduation from the community college and just transfer because even though i followed the original plan set up for me to a tee, i decided at the last minute i would rather kill myself than take 'authors of the theater' and took a different class related to psychology instead. turns out i didn't need that class after all.

I highly advocate actually graduating at each point that you can in the education process. It seems to help later if plans change and you change schools in the latter part of your degree. I had this happen, and the college I ultimately went to for the final part of my B.S. ended up taking more of the transfer credits off my transcript because I had actually completed the AA degree. They told me that if I had just transferred to a higher university without graduating with the AA at the community college, they wouldn't have given me as many of the transfer credits, but they were required to by law since I actually graduated.

I don't know if it is this way everywhere (and this was like 12 years ago), but it made me super happy and helped out a lot!

and my day keeps getting better...

i had my (4th of 10,000) dental appointment today and i was really scared about the diagnosis. i figured i had a billion cavities. nope. just one small one that he said they just want to keep an eye on. plus that shitty big hole that needs to be pulled. oh, and one tooth has a slight fracture that they want to cap. also, they want to give me a free deep cleaning because the graduating students have to do it for their exam.

costs of all my dental shit so far - 28 bucks.

i talked to him about veneers vs. braces and he said he'll make me an appointment for an ortho consult.

whew. and yay. here's to not having fucked up my teeth as bad as i thought.

and my day keeps getting better...

i had my (4th of 10,000) dental appointment today and i was really scared about the diagnosis. i figured i had a billion cavities. nope. just one small one that he said they just want to keep an eye on. plus that shitty big hole that needs to be pulled. oh, and one tooth has a slight fracture that they want to cap. also, they want to give me a free deep cleaning because the graduating students have to do it for their exam.

costs of all my dental shit so far - 28 bucks.

i talked to him about veneers vs. braces and he said he'll make me an appointment for an ortho consult.

whew. and yay. here's to not having fucked up my teeth as bad as i thought.
    Seriously a nice smile can be an amazing gift. My cousin had bad teeth her whole life. She was so embarrassed she would not even smile.mshe ended up getting them all pulled and got dentures. Every photo now is her and her cat and a BIG ASS SMILE lol I love it, it has changed her whole,outlook on life <3

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

Speaking of things that make me happy I got to see baby #6 today! I still feel boy, hubby swears girl. Do not want to spoil the surprise so we will find out when we meet baby in October!!

Just for fun I put an ultrasound of my last 2 kids next to the new baby. I think baby looks like my sweet Sebastian <3

yeah, i'm pretty excited about it. when i was young, the dentist looked at my mouth and said, 'well, looks like these teeth are coming in juuuuuust fine! no need for braces on this one!' i ended up being the only kid in the family not to get them and the only one with crooked front teeth.

it's cool though. being in your thirties with braces is a great look! at least i'll be popular!

also, no way. that kid looks like quinn.
    Last edited by animosity; 05-18-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Do you have colored braces or those Invisalign? When you said braces my mind just JUMPED to purple ones lol

no, i don't have them yet. it's a possibility. my student dentist is specializing in fake teeth and really wants me to consider veneers but i was thinking more about getting braces instead (sorry doc!). it's a dental school that i'm going to so they accept denti-cal and give huge discounts for procedures that are done when exams are due.

also, you pay for your shit with time. like, i drove an hour away today just so that the teaching dentist could check my student dentist's work. the appointment took 3.5 hours, mostly just waiting for the next instructor to come by and do a 5 minute review.

i've got to check the costs and everything before making my decision. hopefully denti-cal pays part of braces for adults but i doubt it. if i'm paying for it all, it better be a huge difference in price or i may as well go with the invisalign. also, standard metal for me. ha. maybe not! i didn't even realize colors were an option.

I know a few people who had shoddy veneers and I kid you not.. They look like horse teeth lol beware, just do what feels right to you!!!

today was the day to register for our last term of school but i wanted to take my grandma to a tax hearing at the same time we were supposed to register. i knew it would be short, but i was 12 minutes late when i got to log in with my phone and the section i wanted was full, my second option was full, so i had to go with the shittiest option for class times. FUCK. but, a friend needed to switch class times and keep evening clinical so they agreed to let us switch and i end up with the schedule i wanted all along (more sleep and more time to work $$$). FUCK YEAH. there is a light at the end of this tunnel. three more months of vacation before headed back into the depths of hell.

today was the day to register for our last term of school but i wanted to take my grandma to a tax hearing at the same time we were supposed to register. i knew it would be short, but i was 12 minutes late when i got to log in with my phone and the section i wanted was full, my second option was full, so i had to go with the shittiest option for class times. FUCK. but, a friend needed to switch class times and keep evening clinical so they agreed to let us switch and i end up with the schedule i wanted all along (more sleep and more time to work $$$). FUCK YEAH. there is a light at the end of this tunnel. three more months of vacation before headed back into the depths of hell.
    I thought for sure you were in the wrong thread there for a minute! Glad you got the section you wanted though!

Also, grown-up braces are hot. I have... a thing, you might say

The Yahtzee App is my new most favorite thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

WOOHOO! how satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    I thought for sure you were in the wrong thread there for a minute! Glad you got the section you wanted though!

Also, grown-up braces are hot. I have... a thing, you might say
    i'll post pics... is there a sexy brace face thread on here?

We shall start one in your honor my lady lol

i'll post pics... is there a sexy brace face thread on here?
    I've had my braces off for about 20 years now and my retainer finally broke. I shit you not my teeth are already shifting and I have an appt to get an invisalign retainer. WTF. TWENTY DAMN YEARS

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I've had my braces off for about 20 years now and my retainer finally broke. I shit you not my teeth are already shifting and I have an appt to get an invisalign retainer. WTF. TWENTY DAMN YEARS
    I think I wore my retainer like 4 times.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I think I wore my retainer like 4 times.
    My teeth held beautifully, even with only wearing a retainer for like a month in my teens, but when I hit my mid 30's they all shifted. They are still straight and pretty, but my bite is so misaligned. My teeth do not even touch each other on the right side of my bite.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    My teeth held beautifully, even with only wearing a retainer for like a month in my teens, but when I hit my mid 30's they all shifted. They are still straight and pretty, but my bite is so misaligned. My teeth do not even touch each other on the right side of my bite.
    I feel like this is what's happening to me. Why is that??

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I feel like this is what's happening to me. Why is that??
    My dentist said that most people's teeth start shifting in their mid 30's. (I don't know how old you are, so I don't mean to offend if you are nowhere near that age.) I was just really upset when it happened to me, and he said basically "welcome to getting older, your teeth move around as you age".

Nice teeth are my thing! I wore braces from 9-14, spent 1500 bucks of my own money at 16 to have all my wisdom teeth pulled when they started coming in, and have taken really good care of my teeth. I also worked for a dentist when we lived in the Middle East and saw horrible teeth all the time. I think it cemented my fear of having bad teeth. My only recurring dream is that all my teeth are falling out for no good reason.

Did you have your wisdom teeth removed?

Regardless I'm pretty sure your skull changes shape as you age, which means your jaw shifts... teeth move... etc. Your head is constantly growing.

Thread Information