Page 1376 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 376 876 1276 1326 1366 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1386 1426 1476 ... LastLast
Results 34,376 to 34,400 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    It's not like she has a history of posting innapropriate pictures at innapropriate times or anything.

That's a damn good movie. It always makes me a bit sad when I see Robin Williams movies.
    Dude me too. I totally got the sads.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    So, I'm sitting on the side of the road waiting for AAA when I get word that a client of mine is dying because her kidneys have shut down all while trying to fight off the dizziness that my MS is giving me because of the never ending FUCKING HEAT AND FUCKING HUMIDITY.

Seriously in tears right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Oh Boston - I am so sorry. How sad about your client.

I am also sorry about what you are going through. Hopefully the heat and humidity will be gone soon. That must seriously suck.

This makes me rage every single time I see it posted.

Better safe than sorry is right. Channel 13 News was just talking about this change in Facebook's privacy policy. Better safe than sorry. As of September 26th , 2015 at 01:16 a.m. Eastern standard time, I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By this statement, I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement atleast once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile status updates. DO NOT SHARE. You MUST copy and paste.��

Ugh ~ not another round of stupid privacy posts.

Here is a story about this crap:

Watch out for these Facebook privacy hoaxes

If your Facebook News Feed is full of paragraph-long statuses about privacy, you're not alone.

Two privacy hoaxes that have been circulating on Facebook for years resurfaced this week.

Here are the two rumors that are making the rounds:

One claims to be a legally-binding message to protect Facebook photos and profile information from copyright infringement, a false status that has been spreading since 2012:

As of September 28th , 2015 at 10:50p.m. Eastern standard time, I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By this statement, I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile status updates.
    Another purports to allow users to purchase a ?5.99 monthly subscription to ensure posts stay private, a fake offer that has been around since at least 2011.

Now it's official! It has been published in the media. Facebook has just released the entry price: ?5.99 ($9.10) to keep the subscription of your status to be set to "private." If you paste this message on your page, it will be offered free (I said paste not share) if not tomorrow, all your posts can become public. Even the messages that have been deleted or the photos not allowed. After all, it does not cost anything for a simple copy and paste.
    Facebook addressed the rumors years ago in a fact-checking blog post regarding the change related to ownership of users' information or content they post to the site.

"This is false. Anyone who uses Facebook owns and controls the content and information they post, as stated in our terms," Facebook stated in the post. "They control how that content and information is shared. That is our policy, and it always has been."

Additionally, Facebook referred users to its Statement of Rights and Responsibilities: "You own all of the content and information you post on Facebook, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings."

To explain further, the social media network continues: "For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook (IP License)."

However, the IP license ends when you delete your IP content or your account, Facebook stated. If a user chooses to delete IP content, it's deleted in a manner "similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer."

The myth-busting site Snopes.com also addressed the Facebook subscription rumor in a blog post to debunk the myth.

"The claim that Facebook would be initiating user charges was but the bait to lure people to [a] protest page and its hidden malicious payload; there are no plans afoot to require payment from those who use the site," Snopes reported.

The revived hoaxes follow a new, more timely scam making the rounds last week. The latest tries to trick users into divulging personal information and sharing spurious links with their friends to get a "dislike" button on their profiles.

CEO Mark Zuckerberg said that an alternative to "like" is on the way, but it will not be called "dislike" and it has yet to start rolling out.

Link to story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dont-fal...cy-hoax-again/

Ha.

Facebook will begin stealing your undergarments at midnight tonight if you don't copy & paste this message in the next 37 seconds, forward it to everyone in your mailing list, print a hard copy for your grandmother & call your third grade teacher. This is real. I got the message first hand from Elvis who was having lunch with Bigfoot, while riding the Loch Ness monster. It was even on the inside back cover of every tabloid in the grocery store checkout line. Not only will Facebook start charging you tomorrow, they are also going to bill your credit card for the past 3 years of services. Luckily, each person who copies & pastes this status will receive a FREE unicorn in the mail tomorrow. However, if you don't repost this status, Facebook code has been set up to automatically set your computer on fire & harm an innocent bunny in the forest! It's all true, it was on the news! It's official!

Do you guys get people posting "Thanks *insert company name*" expecting to get free giftcards/flights or do I just know a lot of really dumb people

We must know a lot of really dumb people, Hazy, as I see some doing that stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    We must know a lot of really dumb people, Hazy, as I see some doing that stuff too.
    I must have the same dumb friends. I'm actually a little shocked with the amount of dumb dumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I must have the same dumb friends. I'm actually a little shocked with the amount of dumb dumbs.
    Me too, Berm. I think I need to do a sweep and delete some of those idiots, as they cannot possibly be friends of mine!

luckily I only have like 1 or 2 friends who are dumb....well, to do that. but I also don't add a lot of people...or I didn't. I was sad when my friends list got over 100...I don't know how people with like 500+ friends can have so many.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Ugh. I had at least 5 people posting those Facebook messages yesterday. I thought about posting the snopes link but I was like screw it. Dumb people will always be dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    Aww, the first vag juju will see all year is gonna be Kat's
    Guess who won't be opening any pm's from kat?

I had someone post one of these stupid things yesterday. I wanted to ask her if she was really that dumb but someone beat me to it.

So I have had a spot on my nose for several months that I keep putting off having it looked at. I finally made an appointment with a dermatologist and I guess I should have dealt with this a while ago. She did a biospy but is pretty certain it's basal cell. Once the results come back, Ill be seeing a surgeon for a MOH procedure and possible graft. I'm not concerned about dying from it, but I am a little concerned about ending up with Michael Jackson's nose. I've not seen the wound she left from the biospy, but I can feel a good size divot under the bandaid. I also have a future appointment for a full body examination, because once you have one spot there is risk for more. Getting a shot in my nose was a new experience..lol

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    So I have had a spot on my nose for several months that I keep putting off having it looked at. I finally made an appointment with a dermatologist and I guess I should have dealt with this a while ago. She did a biospy but is pretty certain it's basal cell. Once the results come back, Ill be seeing a surgeon for a MOH procedure and possible graft. I'm not concerned about dying from it, but I am a little concerned about ending up with Michael Jackson's nose. I've not seen the wound she left from the biospy, but I can feel a good size divot under the bandaid. I also have a future appointment for a full body examination, because once you have one spot there is risk for more. Getting a shot in my nose was a new experience..lol
    Good luck. I've had several of the little buggers, but luckily they've all been small...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

i'm annoyed that i can't rep puzz on her happy birthday. dammit.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, puzz!

While I've met some pretty cool people at school so far, I've also met a few creepy fucks and since I seem to me a creep magnet, they always find me. I mentioned before how I was sitting by some guy who has a same class as me and out of the blue, he decided to start talking about how he hates Saudis so I got up and walked away. Actually, when I got up, he commented on how I couldn't handle a political conversation or something and I told him that no, I just don't like participating in conversations that begin with shit talking an entire group of people based entirely on where they were born and that its best that I walk away.

So anyway, this guy is completely up on my shit now, trying to become friends or something. In a class of 270 students, and 270 places to sit, he constantly finds a way to sit within a few chairs of me and smile and ask me how I'm doing. No mother fucker, I don't want to have anything to do with you.

I'm not a mean person and confrontations make me feel anxious and sad. I'd like to just tell him that I don't want anything to do with him, but every time I try to do that, people seem to feel entitled to demand some sort of explanation for why I feel that way about them. Just leave it the fuck alone. You can't be friends with everyone. Fuck.

It's really bothering me and I don't really want to switch seats. In a class this big, I think it's better to keep my own seat so the teacher knows where I am and recognizes me so he has that memory of my work and what I look like when grading time comes. I haaaate feeling like I have to alter my life and plans to avoid a person.

Any advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

My phone changed to daylight savings time while I was asleep even tho the state I live in doesn't even have it. I only just noticed that I've been living in the future all day.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    While I've met some pretty cool people at school so far, I've also met a few creepy fucks and since I seem to me a creep magnet, they always find me. I mentioned before how I was sitting by some guy who has a same class as me and out of the blue, he decided to start talking about how he hates Saudis so I got up and walked away. Actually, when I got up, he commented on how I couldn't handle a political conversation or something and I told him that no, I just don't like participating in conversations that begin with shit talking an entire group of people based entirely on where they were born and that its best that I walk away.

So anyway, this guy is completely up on my shit now, trying to become friends or something. In a class of 270 students, and 270 places to sit, he constantly finds a way to sit within a few chairs of me and smile and ask me how I'm doing. No mother fucker, I don't want to have anything to do with you.

I'm not a mean person and confrontations make me feel anxious and sad. I'd like to just tell him that I don't want anything to do with him, but every time I try to do that, people seem to feel entitled to demand some sort of explanation for why I feel that way about them. Just leave it the fuck alone. You can't be friends with everyone. Fuck.

It's really bothering me and I don't really want to switch seats. In a class this big, I think it's better to keep my own seat so the teacher knows where I am and recognizes me so he has that memory of my work and what I look like when grading time comes. I haaaate feeling like I have to alter my life and plans to avoid a person.

Any advice?
    Switch seats to be further away from him, and closer to the teacher. That way they (the teacher) will be able to see you better. maybe then he will get the hint.

I have the same probs with weird people saying weird stuff to me. I guess Im a pretty approachable person. I also hate confrontation and go out of my way to avoid it. I think people sense that about me.

I was walking a dog for my friend a couple of weeks ago, I had ear buds in, but this guy stopped me on the street to tell me I looked like Cruella Deville, then proceed to ask me 20 questions. The dog I was walking was not a dalmation, and I'm pretty sure the dude basically called me an evil, ugly, old lady

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I am annoyed that I am out of banana Popsicles....

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinatedkat View Post
    I am annoyed that I am out of banana Popsicles....
    First world problem. How will you EVER live?!
    Quote Originally Posted by hazydaze View Post
    My phone changed to daylight savings time while I was asleep even tho the state I live in doesn't even have it. I only just noticed that I've been living in the future all day.
    This is seriously annoying Lol. If it were work hours, you'd be showing up early and vice versa with your Fall.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I hate sports they annoy me.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

DTTAM: I think I met the neighborhood hoe this weekend, who I FELT LIKE was hitting on my hubbs right in front of me.

For some reason I just imagined it being Joyce from Edward Scissorhands

Thread Information