Page 1316 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 316 816 1216 1266 1306 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1326 1366 1416 ... LastLast
Results 32,876 to 32,900 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Holy shit, Reddit is on fire with fuck wads right now.

DTTAM: When this girl I don't like posts a FB picture that isn't hideous.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    DTTAM: When this girl I don't like posts a FB picture that isn't hideous.
    Is she at least photoshopped? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    This doesn't really annoy me, but I don't get picky eaters. More specifically kid picky eaters. I grew up pretty poor and I ate whatever I could get my hands on. I couldn't fathom saying "No, give me chicken nuggets" AND ACTUALLY GETTING CHICKEN NUGGETS. In my world, I would have either been slapped or didn't eat that night.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    My daughter is horribly lax when it comes to her son and his picky eating. I, however, won't stand for that. Don't want what I made for dinner? Well, don't eat then. I mean, sure, there are all things we hate, and I'm not going to make him eat liver or something like that, but if I make spaghetti and you decide your rather have mac and cheese, you ain't getting no fucking mac and cheese. Period. End of story.
    Yeah, I never got that. I understand I was weird and I was the kid who would eat spinach, artichokes, brussel sprouts, lima beans... but there are kids like my nieces and nephews who will not eat anything but french fries, chicken fingers, mac n cheese, etc. And their parents are totally okay with it.

I mean, I guess it's their problem and their health that they'll have to deal with later. I understand not liking seafood (even though I love it), but when you won't eat strawberries?? WAT??

I just love food. I love trying new foods. Of course there are things I don't like, but I came to that conclusion after trying to like it several times and just not caring for it, like peanut butter.
    Augh. You guys are hitting my main struggle as a parent right now. I was always the one who would say "I'm not a chef, I'm not going to cater a separate meal for my child because he won't eat what I made for dinner", but alas, I've done it. A few times actually. AND I HATE MYSELF FOR IT. My little man is SO tiny that I'm doing everything in my power to get him to eat as much as I can, but I see him going down the chicken nugget/hot dog rabbit hole and I CANNOT LET THAT HAPPEN. Thankfully he loves fruit, and brown beans, but good lord getting that kid to try something new is like asking for his kidney. I need you two to come help me. Kthanks.

Send him over for a weekend, Deb.

Point in fact: Kids will eat when they're hungry, IMO. You cannot make small people sit at a table and finish a meal. It never happens. I'll make him dinner and we'll leave it on the table so, when his attention span wanes, he can go back and pick at it.

This boy would live on Ramen noodles if he could. He "hates" everything. Only because he won't try anything. I'm happy to say our dinner battles have resulted in him eating what we're eating many times because he'd rather eat than be hungry.

It's hard. I know it is. I see my daughter fold many times, but it doesn't develop decent eating habits and it also throws the whole power struggle into skew. You have to be firm and realize that they will not die if they don't eat those potatoes.

They won't die. They'll eat. Eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Augh. You guys are hitting my main struggle as a parent right now. I was always the one who would say "I'm not a chef, I'm not going to cater a separate meal for my child because he won't eat what I made for dinner", but alas, I've done it. A few times actually. AND I HATE MYSELF FOR IT. My little man is SO tiny that I'm doing everything in my power to get him to eat as much as I can, but I see him going down the chicken nugget/hot dog rabbit hole and I CANNOT LET THAT HAPPEN. Thankfully he loves fruit, and brown beans, but good lord getting that kid to try something new is like asking for his kidney. I need you two to come help me. Kthanks.
    There are a lot of different techniques you can try. Cognitive restructuring to address their anxiety about new food and positive reinforcement when they do try new food.

To second what Peace said, healthy kids will not starve themselves. They can skip a meal or two and still be perfectly fine, but they'll eventually learn that if they're hungry, they will eat what's provided for them. By giving in, they're essentially learning that if they beg enough, they'll get exactly what they want, which reinforces their bad behavior even though that's not your intention.

Some things you can try are making sure there is structure around meal times. Around the same time every day, in the same room, etc. This helps kids learn the routine. Now this doesn't mean dinner time can't be fun, because appropriate fun and games during dinner time might be enough to help your kids become more interested in the meals you're providing. Also, if you can, have them help you cook appropriate to their age. They may not be able to do a lot, but they're learning valuable skills and it's a great opportunity for them to become interested in the meals.

Here is a link that provides a little bit more: http://www.bluefishmd.com/picky-eaters-handout/

Btw I hope you don't think I'm judging you for anything, because that's not my intention. I hope this information helps! Having children that won't eat what you present them is frustrating, and I completely understand your worry that eating a different meal is better than not eating at all. But as I said before and I'll say again because it's important, healthy children won't starve. If they reach a point where they are starving themselves, there is something wrong either physically or psychologically, and that would need to be addressed by the appropriate type of doctor.

Good luck! :)

Thanks guys!! That's all very helpful I know I have to break MY bad habits and realize he's not going to waste away if he won't eat dinner. Right now we have the strict rule that if he doesn't eat his dinner, and gets hungry later, his only options are fruits, vegetables, or nothing at all. If he does eat his dinner, he can have whatever he wants as a snack. I have to stick with that.

The other thing to consider is between meal snacks. My friend could never get her boy to eat at meal time until she stomped on the constant grazing that went on in her house. kid was always dragging a bag of cheetos or drinking a soda...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    The other thing to consider is between meal snacks. My friend could never get her boy to eat at meal time until she stomped on the constant grazing that went on in her house. kid was always dragging a bag of cheetos or drinking a soda...
    I think this is a big one. I never got "snacks", which was why I was always ready to eat whatever you threw at me come lunch/dinner.

I love breakfast food, but I've never been much of a morning eater.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Yeah, I really don't give him snacks much at all!! Typically just a little one after nap. I'll have to check in with the baby sitter and see if she's 'snackin him' before I pick him up. Hmmmmmm, that might be the problem.

I think this is a big one. I never got "snacks", which was why I was always ready to eat whatever you threw at me come lunch/dinner.

I love breakfast food, but I've never been much of a morning eater.
    For sure. I babysit Noah every weekend and I really, really watch the snacking. He won't eat if he's munching all morning on whatever. I don't allow grazing.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    put some bacon grease in everything you are cooking. kids will eat anything if it tastes like bacon...
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

put some bacon grease in everything you are cooking. kids will eat anything if it tastes like bacon...
    Not in my family.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I think all little kids go through a phase where they become picky. It also seems that they don't eat much at one sitting. When my kids were little, I made adult foods and encouraged them to try new things, but always had a jar of peanut butter and bread at the meal. IF they really didn't like something, they could eat a peanut butter sandwich instead. At least I felt they were getting a healthy protein at their meal. To this day my middle kid has to have a peanut butter sandwich with her beefy chili mac n cheese. She was my pickiest eater and rest assured, she eats most all foods as an adult. She was also a very small kid at 3. She wore 3T size for three years, but as an adult is barely 5 feet tall. She was just a tiny person and as a little kid I felt she didn't eat enough. She also did the move food around on the plate to try to fool me that she was eating. I thought OMG, that's what anorexics do and would my arguing with her over meals be causing her to become anorexic? That's when the peanut butter began appearing at meals, simply to take arguing with me over food out of the equation...it was a meal choice for them to make. At times that would provoke problems as a tearful 3yr old tries to explain how she needs jelly with that peanut butter..lol. Sometimes it's just pure power struggle when they really aren't that hungry.

Snacks every day were raw veggies with ranch dressing or fruit with cheese. We would have a less healthy desert for after dinner, but they had to try everything on their plate to get it. Opting for peanut butter meant you missed the evening desert snack. Rice krispie treats were pretty useful in getting the kids to try casseroles with cooked veggies in it.

My youngest child had the best eating habits when she was little. Vegetables of all kinds were her favorites. When she went to kindergarten, at open house they had a display where all the kids answered questions about themselves. The parents would then try to figure out which questionnaire belonged to their kid. When we showed up, the 2 kindergarten teachers seemed sort of eager for us to figure it out and as we are reading them the teachers were laughing. One of the questions they had to answer was what is your favorite food. Every kid had cookies, brownies and Ice cream for answers. My kid said green beans. Her eating habits went to hell shortly after that and she is a very picky adult who would prefer fast food over a home cooked any day. She also struggles with her weight. I blame diet coke. She is absolutely addicted to it.

My grandparents said when I was little I was super skinny and a doctor at a hospital wanted to call child services but my pcp said no she'll eat when hungry. I do remember being in preschool and not wanting to eat the lunches and being picky. In like first grade I don't know what happened but I got chubby and I'm still over weight. My aunt had a crazy friend who did call child services saying my grandparents weren't feeding me and there was no food in the house. We were kind of poor but we always had food so the lady came out and looked and was like her doctor knows about her weight and there is food in the fridge you're good. Up until a few years ago I would call myself a picky eater. I have expanded my food variety but I still prefer junk food over real food and that's why I'm fat lol.

I just started getting paid from the state to care for my gram and I'm already over it lol. I have a care coordinator or whatever they are who set up a schedule to submit to the state for approval and will do check ups on us. For me to get paid I had to have an agency or my gram be the employer and since I live with her it had to be the later and more paper work and a wait. So I finally got the papers saying we're all good and how to set up an account and submit time sheets. So I was thinking ok online will have the schedule the lady made and I'll say what I did in those hours. Nope it's just my hours. The lady that did the schedule said it would be 70 a week and she even called a few weeks ago saying the state approved just waiting for the papers I had to fill out. So I called today to ask about the schedule and such and she told me the state only approved 45 hours a week. I don't mind but for a week I've been trying to fill a 70 hour work week so I would be used to it and figure out what I have to do daily. My cousin is a CNA and wanted some hours and I was all hell yea I don't want to work all those hours a week I'd barely be able to leave the house. Now that I only have normal full time hours I don't really want to give them up but since that lady kept leading me on to 70 I'm to nice to tell my cousin no. My cousin at first said she just wanted like 5 hours cause she already has a lady and now she's asking about the max amount and stuff. I might just tell her the agency said no and say something like for that little bit of hours it's a one person job. The state has my good to go date at June 2 so I think it's only fair that I get some back pay since I didn't get the papers stating that until yesterday June 11. At least give me 3 hours a day back pay for making meals. At least the lady put in flexible so I don't have to follow a schedule. Hopefully the hourly wage I want was approved because I never heard anything about it. They just give you range to pick from and to discuss with your employer and of course my gram's going to say yea pick the highest because who would pick minimum wage? I'm just annoyed that this lady never told me anything about the schedule and the hours.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    I was talking with a coworker about setting a date for the wedding. I really, really want to get married in late November because that's the time of year we started dating and I have a lot of fond memories of that time of year. I would prefer this year as opposed to next year because I don't want to have a really long engagement.

She follows up with "why so soon, are you pregnant?" and then feels the need to post ON my facebook page "congratulations" with a picture of a positive pregnancy test.

I am not pregnant.

It was not funny.

Numerous people saw it and texted me about it before I saw it and deleted it.

She does not understand why that wasn't funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    I was talking with a coworker about setting a date for the wedding. I really, really want to get married in late November because that's the time of year we started dating and I have a lot of fond memories of that time of year. I would prefer this year as opposed to next year because I don't want to have a really long engagement.

She follows up with "why so soon, are you pregnant?" and then feels the need to post ON my facebook page "congratulations" with a picture of a positive pregnancy test.

I am not pregnant.

It was not funny.

What a fucked-up, thoughtless thing to do. Ugh.
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

I am not pregnant.

It was not funny.

What a fucked-up, thoughtless thing to do. Ugh.

@punkie fall weddings are so beautiful, the colors and the weather. Love it!! It will be amazing!!

I love the weather too, we usually have an indian summer around here in late fall, so the leaves are turning but it isn't too cold.

I legit almost socked her in the face. I have never been so pissed.

I love the weather too, we usually have an indian summer around here in late fall, so the leaves are turning but it isn't too cold.

I remember bringing my son home from the hospital in early November and he had to be in a onesie because it was still so warm out. My birthdays at the end of October so I always had really cool Halloween themed birthday parties. It just kind of made me love fall forever!! I do wish I live somewhere that had more noticeable seasons . Here it is just plain hot or cold. Not much else in between.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar

I don't blame you for being pissed. People were apt to believe it and think that that was the only reason your boyfriend popped the question. That's some sensitive shit. WAY out of line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Your co-worker is way inappropriate. Does she make a habit of pissing on someones parade? There are some families that would shit kittens if they saw that on facebook. Saying congrats would have sufficed.

And fuck her for even counting on her fingers the length of your engagement. My husband and I eloped and wanted no ceremony, just two friends to witness, my kids and a judge. I was also 35 and we wanted a child so we planned to get pregnant shortly after getting married. We were married on Feb14 and had a baby the following Jan 14. My whole pregnancy was shadowed with had to get married rumors and it just pissed me off that anyone would give a shit in the modern world. I let those asshole know that I was still married to my ex when I got engaged, since they were into the whole Peyton Place thing. My divorce took 3 years, so I felt no shame in getting engaged while still legally married...lol. The whole reason we did the private wedding was we didn't want people in our business and we wanted it to be drama free, stress free and casual. Having a religious ceremony would be awful since neither one of us are believers, but we both came from very over the top religious families. It just made people more nosy.

She totally loves pissing on other people's parade. Her and her bf are ring shopping so she felt the need to show me a picture of the 4 carat diamond she picked out, she has a promise ring that is huge.

At one point last night one of the other ambulances got on our car-to-car radio (you can only hear it if you are within a 1/2 mile of eachother) and told me congratulations. she legit grabbed the mic out of my hand and said "what about me?" and he said back to her "she got a ring, you didn't"

I had to stifle laughter.

She totally loves pissing on other people's parade. Her and her bf are ring shopping so she felt the need to show me a picture of the 4 carat diamond she picked out, she has a promise ring that is huge.

At one point last night one of the other ambulances got on our car-to-car radio (you can only hear it if you are within a 1/2 mile of eachother) and told me congratulations. she legit grabbed the mic out of my hand and said "what about me?" and he said back to her "she got a ring, you didn't"

I had to stifle laughter.
    What a bitch. And coming from a bitch that is a huge cunt moment lol we must get her back. Maybe you should leave an Anonymous engagement present on her desk. Fill it with std pamphlets and shit

Thread Information