Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lisa Seegmiller (41) died while giving birth to her seventh child

Lisa Seegmiller (41) died while giving birth to her seventh child

Lisa Zetterquist Seegmiller returned home to her loving Heavenly Father Sunday, April 9, 2017 at Memorial Hospital in Colorado Springs, CO. She was born April 16, 1975, in La Jara, CO, to Steve and Sandra Zetterquist of Manassa, CO.

She was a loving and devoted wife, mother, daughter, sister, cousin and friend. She always thought of others and put their needs above her own. She had a great impact and influence on people from many parts of the world.

Lisa was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints with a firm testimony of the Plan of Salvation, the Atonement of Jesus Christ and eternal families.

She grew up in Manassa, CO and graduated from Centauri High School in 1993. She loved growing up in a small town among many loving cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles and friends. She attended 2 years at Ricks College in Rexburg, Idaho and then graduated from Brigham Young University. Lisa served as a full-time missionary in the Texas, Houston, Spanish speaking mission.

Lisa married her beloved husband Jared Edward Seegmiller June 26, 1999, in the St. George LDS Temple. They are the parents of 6 beautiful girls and one new baby boy, Savannah, Jadelyn, Sabriyah, Jordyn, Samarah, Jesslyn and Ammon. They loved doing things together as a family. They especially loved sharing music with each other and with others. Lisa and her family lived in Colorado, California, Utah, Texas, Georgia, Nevada, Wyoming, and most recently in Riyahd, Saudi Arabia. Everywhere she went, Lisa had a lasting impact on others through her goodness and kindness.

She is survived by her husband and children, her parents Steve and Sandra of Manassa, sisters Kim (Jason) Izatt of American Fork, UT, Kristyn (Jason) Hendrix of St. George, UT, Tamara (Daiko) Abe of Falcon, CO, brother Eric (Jessica) of Spanish Fork, UT, in-laws Ed and Sheri Seegmiller of Bear Lake, UT and many cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews. She was received with open arms by grandparents, Cletus and Barbara Gilleland and John and Joan Zetterquist.

Funeral services will be held Saturday, April 15th at 11:00 A.M. in the Manassa LDS Stake Center, 311 Main St, Manassa, CO. Viewing will be held in the church on Friday, April 14th from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M. and Saturday morning April 15th from 9:00 to 10:30 before the services. Interment will follow in the Manassa Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to a special memorial fund in Lisa's name at youcaring.com. Services are in the hands of Rogers Family Mortuary of Manassa and online remarks and condolences for the family can be made at www.RogersFunerals.com

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017..._seventh_child
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

7? Nooooo thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    This^ - such a great reminder Wow

How sad. 6 girls and then a boy. What is supposed to be joyous time is suddenly turned into a nightmare. Poor kiddos and hubby
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Her husband needs a shirt that says, "my couch pulls out but I don't"
    Really though, this is a sad situation all around. I wonder in multiple child households if the older kids will have some sort of resentment towards the baby since she died while giving birth?

Part of me wants to know what her actual COD was, part of me doesn't want to know, because this is my worst nightmare.

I feel bad for the kids.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Part of me wants to know what her actual COD was, part of me doesn't want to know, because this is my worst nightmare.

I feel bad for the kids.
    Yes. Don't do that to yourself.

These deaths are always some of the saddest for me.... To want and love your baby so badly, but then be taken before you can express it to them. By her obit though, it seems she'll be loved and remembered to her children.

7 kids is completely unnecessary. My first thought here was, looks like they worked that babymaker to death. I feel terrible for thinking something like that but some of these religious affiliations that obviously place women in this role of breeding animal make me irrationally angry.

I'm sure she was *probably happy* and her life was fulfilled or some shit, but I also think that her happiness in that regard comes from being raised to think that it was her sole purpose to be a wife and mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

But lucky pops, he finally got a son out of it so at least she fulfilled her quota.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    It's super sad, but I have to be honest when I say that I agree with Ani. I'm not keen to these religions that encourage perpetual pregnancy. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. You start to hit a certain age and physical condition where it becomes more and more dangerous for both Mother and child and now there's 7 kids that will grow up without a Mother. If you believe in "God's Will" so strongly, why not accept that you're not supposed to have a boy.

Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Honestly, I'm a little taken aback by some of these comments.

Yes, 7 kids seems to be a lot but I'm sure households with 5+ kids is way more common than we think. Whether they are raised to believe that their sole purpose in life is to be a wife/mom or not, some women do really love being a mom of larger number of kids. Is this for me, no but I'm not going to knock someone down for having a large family. Also, we don't know that they kept having babies to try for a boy.

And let's talk about a woman's body. Yes age does make things harder on your body but everyone is different. Umm Duggars... She was able to birth all those babies. They weren't just falling out of her. As far as I can tell we don't know what caused her death and it might not be because she was having a 7th child. Just remember that there is another thread around here where members were on Queena about how having babies doesn't ruin a woman's body.

Maybe I'm in my Mother's Day feelings but the jokes and such got me feeling a certain type of way. As long as they are happy and able to take care of their kids who am I to judge how many kids the next family has?
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    Honestly, I'm a little taken aback by some of these comments.

Yes, 7 kids seems to be a lot but I'm sure households with 5+ kids is way more common than we think. Whether they are raised to believe that their sole purpose in life is to be a wife/mom or not, some women do really love being a mom of larger number of kids. Is this for me, no but I'm not going to knock someone down for having a large family. Also, we don't know that they kept having babies to try for a boy.

And let's talk about a woman's body. Yes age does make things harder on your body but everyone is different. Umm Duggars... She was able to birth all those babies. They weren't just falling out of her. As far as I can tell we don't know what caused her death and it might not be because she was having a 7th child. Just remember that there is another thread around here where members were on Queena about how having babies doesn't ruin a woman's body.

Maybe I'm in my Mother's Day feelings but the jokes and such got me feeling a certain type of way. As long as they are happy and able to take care of their kids who am I to judge how many kids the next family has?
    Nobody was joking about her here. I didn't see that at all and as for changes in the body, I was pointing out how it could be physically detrimental to a Woman's health not that it "ruins " anything cosmetically in a shallow way.

Everyone knows that the Mormons are pro "Woman is meant to give forth as many as possible" despite the dangers. You're using the Duggars as an example? For real? They ended up with a stillbirth because they were pushing for more ratings and television relevancy by continuing to push the envelope.

Sorry, not sorry. I'm all for people willingly having children to this degree, but I'm not ruling out that she wasn't influenced by those around her to make poor choices under pressure.

Senior Member Alison Worthington's Avatar
    I think I read somewhere on her Facebook profile about them both being Catholic, which would pretty much explain the none usage of contraception and choice to have a large family. Chances are that, even if they knew her life was at risk they would still go ahead, leaving her fate in god's hands. *rolls eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Worthington View Post
    I think I read somewhere on her Facebook profile about them both being Catholic, which would pretty much explain the none usage of contraception and choice to have a large family. Chances are that, even if they knew her life was at risk they would still go ahead, leaving her fate in god's hands. *rolls eyes
    It says right in her obituary that she's a member of the LDS. She's Mormon. Reading is hard.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 05-15-2017 at 06:44 AM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Regardless of how many children she had, this is still such a tragedy. I feel horrible for her children, husband and those who loved her.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    5+ kid ain't typical, nor is it normal. Stop it.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Church of LDS also pushes big families as part of their agenda. Gotta increase membership.

Large families like this are actually common in a lot of places, just not with white Americans. I have a friend who has 11 brothers and sisters. Her family is from Africa and lived on a farm.

As long as you can pay for it and manage it, I don't give a shit what anyone decides to do. It's when these are stories of neglect that I'm grossed out.

We have enough people on this earth as is. We don't need women popping out entire basketball teams. Not sorry either. I don't think most people can even afford to have that many kids. Those families end up with older kids taking care of younger kids and missing out on their own childhoods as result. Not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I didn't see her FB, even on the article, so here it is. If it's redundant, I apologize. https://www.facebook.com/lisa.z.seegmiller

Youcaring site: https://www.youcaring.com/jaredseegm...dfamily-798680
    Did you know if you click on the person's photo in the MDS article, it takes you to their profile?

Quote Originally Posted by Amy1217 View Post
    We have enough people on this earth as is. We don't need women popping out entire basketball teams. Not sorry either. I don't think most people can even afford to have that many kids. Those families end up with older kids taking care of younger kids and missing out on their own childhoods as result. Not a fan.
    Honestly I know a lot of people from large families and none of them express this or resentment. If anything, it teaches them a lot about sharing and patience. I wouldn't have more than three but I don't really care what other people do as long as they are responsible for their children.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy1217 View Post
    Right? "Well, you're 11 now. Time to be a co-parent."
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Like I said, have at it if that's what you truly want and as long as the kids don't suffer from it. But when it's a religion brainwashing you to pump em out.... I'm not on board with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Right? "Well, you're 11 now. Time to be a co-parent."
    Your opinion on this is invalid because you think anyone who has more than one kid is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Worthington View Post
    Why even come back 'on the grid' if you cbf to read?

I'm with Ani, but less hard line - I think it's ridiculous, and I hate the expectation of females as 'breeders' (My family is Canada are LDS) - however, it's a personal choice, and I don't think anything here says she 'deserved' anything - just commentary on utilising an older ideal, I guess. I think it's sad she passed, and I hope her husband and those kids are well supported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Thread Information