Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark and Jacoba Tromp - missing since 30 August 2016

Mark and Jacoba Tromp - missing since 30 August 2016

This one is all kinds of WTF

This is their business FB - I can't find personal ones for them (I have found their kids on FB)

https://www.facebook.com/red.currant.73

http://www.parkviewfarm.com.au/ - their business

So they set out in two cars on a trip with the kids. The parents in one car, kids in the other. They somehow got separated and the parents car was found dumped last night, after it had been seen following someone and a man jumped out?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...d7650c7f2a33aa

THE car of missing Melbourne couple Mark and Jacoba Tromp has been found after a bizarre incident in Victoria?s northeast.

A Wangaratta man noticed a grey Peugeot station wagon following him and his girlfriend around the streets of Wangaratta about 10pm last night.

After being shadowed for a while, the man saw the strange car ? which is registered to the missing Silvan couple ? stop near Merriwa Park.

A man then leapt out of the driver?s seat and ran off into the darkness.

Wangaratta police with the assistance of the Dog Squad searched the park, but failed to find the driver of the dumped car.

No-one else was sighted with him.

NSW police yesterday released information and appealed for public assistance after Mark Tromp, 51, and Jacoba (Coby) Tromp, 53, were reported missing to Goulburn Police on Tuesday afternoon.

It is believed the couple left their residence in Silvan, east of Melbourne, on August 29 and travelled to NSW with their three adult children.

The family are believed to have driven to Bathurst and then the Jenolan Caves area in NSW, arriving in the early hours of Tuesday August 30.

They then separated from their kids and have not been seen since.

Victoria Police confirmed the couple left their bank cards and mobile phones at their Silvan home.

It is understood their adult children have grave concerns for their welfare.

Victoria Police spokesman Leading Senior Constable Paul Turner said the circumstances surrounding their disappearance remain unclear.

?Victoria Police continues to work closely with NSW police in the hope someone comes forward with information on their whereabouts,? he said.

Mark is described as caucasian, about 185cm tall, with dark brown crew cut hair, a clean shaven face and brown eyes.

Coby is described as being caucasian, about 168cm tall, with a fair complexion, a medium to heavy build and blonde shoulder length hair.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or if they believe they sight Mark or Coby Tromp please call triple-0 (000).

Sounds like the person following the peeps was the person who.. either found or took their car.

I think?

This is fucking weird. Coffee then digging time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

http://www.smh.com.au/national/famil...31-gr61fi.html

The adult children of a missing Victorian couple, last seen in NSW, are "shocked" and "confused" after a man was seen bolting from their car into parklands.

They reported their parents, Mark and Jacoba Tromp, 51 and 53, missing to Goulburn Police after the couple disappeared during a family holiday in the NSW central tablelands early Tuesday morning.

Police have been told the Tromp parents and adult children all travelled from the couple's home in Silvan, in Melbourne's outer east, to the Bathurst and Jenolan Caves area early on Monday.

In a bizarre twist, a man driving the couple's grey Peugeot station wagon, with Victorian number plates WRG-756, was reported to have followed a young couple in Wangaratta about 10pm on Wednesday.

The young couple saw the man get out of the car and run into Merriwa Park.

Police scoured the park on Wednesday, but failed to find the man.

Family friend Christopher Jones said the children, Ella, Mitch and Riana, all in their 20s, at first believed their parents may have been found with the car, but are now struggling to understand the "odd" development.

"They are shocked. They are very confused," he said.

"They aren't really sure what's going on."

The children hold "serious concerns" for their parent's welfare, NSW police say.

Mr Jones said Mr Tromp, an excavator, and Ms Tromp, also known as Cody, ran a hobby farm.

Adding to the confusion, Victorian Police says the couple left personal possessions, such as bank cards and mobile phones, at home in Silvan.

A Victoria Police spokeswoman said the circumstances surrounding their disappearance remained unclear.

"Victoria Police continues to work closely with NSW police in the hope someone comes forward with information on their whereabouts," she said.

Mark Tromp is described as Caucasian, 185 centimetres tall, with a dark brown crew cut, clean shaven face and brown eyes.

Jacoba Tromp is described as Caucasian, about 168 centimetres tall, medium to heavy build, with a fair complexion and blonde shoulder-length hair.

Anyone who believes they have seen Mr or Ms Tromp should call triple zero.

Anyone with general information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

I am SO confused. So did they arrive at Jenolan Caves before they went missing? If so, it's a SIX hour drive from there to Wangaratta where their car was dumped. Why did they not take bank cards and personal things if they were going on a FAMILY holiday? WHAT IS GOING ON?

She goes by Coby.

I think both profiles have been locked down - I found the kids/family, and shells of their profile (i think) - they may be sussing their messages etc for leads/who may of known of the trip/separation etc.

Media putting this as them but it's actually Mark and his daughter:

I think this was Coby's FB: https://www.facebook.com/coby.tromp.1?ref=br_rs

EDIT: Word Liv, I can't figure the timeline properly either WTF

Also, I am reading two different stories - one is that they were all in the same car and the other is that they had two cars. Which is it? If they were in one car, did the parents take off and leave the kids at the holiday place?

From the NSW police site -

Police are seeking public assistance as they search for a man and woman from Victoria who were last seen in the state’s Central Tablelands yesterday.
    There are concerns for the welfare of Mark Tromp, 51, and his 53-year-old wife Jacoba Tromp, also known as Coby, from Silvan in Victoria, after they were reported missing to Goulburn Police yesterday afternoon (Tuesday 30 August 2016).
    Police were told the couple left their residence in Silvan on Monday, 29 August 2016, travelling to NSW with their three adult children in their grey Peugeot station wagon with Victorian registration WRG-756.
    The family are said to have driven to Bathurst and then the Jenolan Caves area in NSW, arriving in the early hours of Tuesday 30 August 2016.
    Mark and Coby have separated from their adult children during these travels.
    Victorian Police have confirmed that the couple left personal possessions such as bank cards and mobile phones at their home in Victoria.
    Family members have expressed serious concerns for the welfare of Mark and Coby and police are now seeking information from anyone who has seen the couple or the silver Peugeot since Monday 29 August 2016.
    A photo of the couple and an image of a car similar to the one used by the family have been released by police.
    Mark is described being of Caucasian appearance, about 185cm tall, with dark brown crew cut hair, a clean shaven face and brown eyes.
    Coby is described as being of Caucasian appearance, about 168cm tall with a fair complexion, a medium to heavy build and blonde shoulder length hair.
    Anyone with information that could assist in locating the couple or their vehicle is urged to contact police via Crime Stoppers.
    Police are urging anyone with information in relation to this incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au/ Information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We remind people they should not report crime information via our Facebook and Twitter pages.

This article says they did make it to Jenolan Caves

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-...99f653b5115aaa

A COUPLE from Victoria has disappeared while travelling in rural NSW and their family has serious concerns for their safety.
    Mark Tromp, 51, and Jacoba “Coby” Tromp, 53, were last seen travelling in a grey Peugeot station wagon in the Central Tablelands after spending time at the Jenolan Caves early Tuesday morning.
    Police issued an urgent appeal for sightings of the car, but it emerged this morning the vehicle had been found — in Victoria’s northeast — after a bizarre incident in Wangaratta last night.
    The Herald Sun reports a local man saw a grey Peugeot station wagon following him and his girlfriend around the town about 10pm. It then stopped near Merriwa Park, and a man got out of the drivers seat and ran away.
    Police and the Dog Squad searched the park, but failed to find the driver of the dumped car. The man had been alone in the car.
    The Tromp’s were travelling with their three adult children but became separated from them, police said. The behaviour was out of character and family had “serious concerns” for their safety.
    The Tromps left their bank cards and mobile phones at home in Silvan, Victoria.
    Mr Tromp is described being of caucasian appearance, about 185cm tall, with dark brown crew cut hair, a clean shaven face and brown eyes. Mrs Tromp is described as being of caucasian appearance, about 168cm tall with a fair complexion, a medium to heavy build and blonde shoulder length hair.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Definitely a strange story. The fact they left their phones and bank/credit cards is really odd and almost like it was a planned disappearance. Is there a picture of Jacoba (Coby)? I looked and all I see is the same picture Daisy posted.

If it's 2 separate cars, which seems to be the most reported, for the one's i've read anyhow - I think maybe they might of stopped separately at rest stops and got rolled?

If it's the same car... i'm thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Definitely a strange story. The fact they left their phones and bank/credit cards is really odd and almost like it was a planned disappearance. Is there a picture of Jacoba (Coby)? I looked and all I see is the same picture Daisy posted.
    I still haven't seen a photo of her, which is also odd.

**UPDATE** Police say Coby Tromp has attended Yass Hospital. Husband is still missing.

Four mins ago according to channel 7.

Photo of Coby

Yass to Wangaratta is still a 3 hour drive. And it's 3 hours from Yass to Jenolan Caves. WHAT IS GOING ON? I wonder if Mark dumped Coby and continued on to Wangaratta?
    Last edited by Olivia; 08-31-2016 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    **UPDATE** Police say Coby Tromp has attended Yass Hospital. Husband is still missing.

Four mins ago according to channel 7.

Photo of Coby

Yass to Wangaratta is still a 3 hour drive. And it's 3 hours from Yass to Jenolan Caves. WHAT IS GOING ON? I wonder if Mark dumped Coby and continued on to Wangaratta?
    Certianly looks that way WTF.. Yass!? This timeline is confusing. I'm so glad she's turned up but wtf? Husbands lost his shit maybe?

Sounds like there's some mental health issues - Mum in hospital for stress and one of the kids in hospital too?

http://thenewdaily.com.au/news/state...g-woman-found/

The family had intended to have a technology free trip away, which explained why they had no mobile phones with them, two of their children, Mitchell Tromp, 25, and Ella Tromp, 22, told reporters.

Along with a third adult child, Riana, they began the journey in Ella’s car on Monday.

But the following day the three children decided they did not want to continue on as their parents became more and more mentally distressed, the Herald Sun reported.

“I’ve never seen anyone like this or anyone conduct themselves in this way. I just really want my dad to be found,” Mitchell Tromp said.

“He’s not dangerous, he’s my mate, my father. I love him.”

Police found the family’s Silvan home open and with business papers strewn through the house.

The family had intended to have a technology free trip away, which explained why they had no mobile phones with them, two of their children, Mitchell Tromp, 25, and Ella Tromp, 22, told reporters.

Along with a third adult child, Riana, they began the journey in Ella’s car on Monday.

But the following day the three children decided they did not want to continue on as their parents became more and more mentally distressed, the Herald Sun reported.

“I’ve never seen anyone like this or anyone conduct themselves in this way. I just really want my dad to be found,” Mitchell Tromp said.

“He’s not dangerous, he’s my mate, my father. I love him.”

Police found the family’s Silvan home open and with business papers strewn through the house.
    Hmph. I think you're right, ooft.

I think they either were taking a tech break because work was stressful, or maybe there was another reason - cut off communication outlets? (Maybe i'm just to jaded now)

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Drugs. Sorry to say it, there's no real reason for them to leave the group than to score. That's my own thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

The kids left them though? The parents were behaving erratically and the kids bailed and called the cops.

I tried reading an article about this story yesterday and gave up because none of it made any sense.

I can understand one of the parents behaving erratically but both of them seems weird.

Wow. So much wtf

WHAT WE KNOW

* Mark and Jacoba Tromp and their three adult children Mitchell, Ella and Riana leave their Silvan home on Monday, August 29

* The family left in Ella’s grey Peugeot and headed to NSW

* On Tuesday morning, Mitchell leaves the group near Bathurst and makes his way to Sydney and then catches a train to Melbourne

* Ella, Riana and parents make it to Jenolan Caves, about 150km west of Sydney

* At the caves, on Tuesday, the daughters leave their parents and make their way to Goulburn

* Ella and Riana split up at a Goulburn service station because they want to get home different ways

* Riana found under mental stress on the side of a road near Goulburn and stopped by police in her attempts to go home.

* Riana taken to hospital, where she remains

* NSW Police informs Victoria Police about the family

* Ella drives home and arrives at the family’s Silvan farm on Tuesday night while Victoria Police are there

* Mitchell arrives in Melbourne on Wednesday morning

* Ella’s Peugeot found in Victoria, in Wangaratta, on Wednesday night

* A man, believed to be Mark, seen running from the car.

* On Thursday, Jacoba Tromp is taken to Yass hospital by a passerby who sees her in the NSW township

* Extensive searches of Wangaratta fail to find Mark Tromp

WHAT WE DON’T KNOW

* Where Mark Tromp is

* How Mark and his wife became separated

* What the parents’ movements were after daughters left them

* Why the family was “emotionally traumatised”

* Whether it was Mark seen running from Ella’s car in Wangaratta

* Why the family left their home unlocked, leaving without passports, credit cards and most of their phones

* Why Mitchell’s phone was tossed out a window during the trip.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    The kids left them though? The parents were behaving erratically and the kids bailed and called the cops.
    If the kids knew what they were up to? Sure thing. What else are they supposed to do? Scared, not wanting to get killed themselves. Were they supposed to hit up the drug dealer asking where the parents are?

Afraid of being in the same circumstances.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I dont get it , im so confused .....

I'm sus. After the guy that drove his family off the road on the Central Coast with his family in it, especially. (They were under 'stress'...) And why are they dropping like flies MH wise? Like the daughter on the side of the road? I don't think we can really take the kids statements as anything yet...

Me thinks maybe the house was left open and everything in it, because maybe they were going to sort the stress.. and then say someone broke in and robbed/kidnapped maybe? Also weird they made everyone leave phones at home. That's .. sus. I think maybe the parents separated from the kids because they couldn't go through with it, mum and dad then continue to argue, she demands to be let out and he keeps going? Kids not giving detail on the familys 'stress' because maybe they had to talk dad down? Could also explain daughter checking into hospital?

Just some ideas. IDK. Too sketchy so far details wise. I hope the dad turns up soon.

Edit/Adding:

At a media conference in Monbulk this afternoon, two of the couple’s three children – Mitchell, 25, and Ella, 22 – appeared with Monbulk Sergeant Mark Knight, who is assisting with investigations.
    Mitchell and Ella said the family had taken off on Monday.
    They then split up from their parents some time after visiting the Jenolan Caves area, with the children deciding to return home.
    Mitchell said his parents’ decision to leave the home was out of character.
    “(It was) just a build up of events, just pressure that slowly got worse as the days went by … (I’ve) never seen anything like it … pretty hard to explain … they decided to leave,” he said.
    Ella added: “We were a bit stressed at the time”.
    Both children pleaded for their dad to present himself to police.
    “We love you and we just want you to come home,” Mitchell said.
    Ella described the family as close and said they worked closely together.
    Meanwhile, on inspecting their home on Tuesday night, Sgt Knight described it as one of the more “bizarre” scenes with which he has been confronted.
    “The house open, there was … paperwork all about the house,” he said.
    “Keys were in cars, passports were there and phones were on the bench – it was an unusual scene.”

http://rangestrader.mailcommunity.co...mily-had-fled/

Also this reads to me like he left all their 'affairs' out (passports, documents etc) to be found.. without them there.
    Last edited by daisylane; 09-01-2016 at 12:13 AM.

...This is so confusing. I'm thinking the business was going to crap and the vacation was a mass murder/suicide gone wrong. that theory makes as much sense as all this does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    ...This is so confusing. I'm thinking the business was going to crap and the vacation was a mass murder/suicide gone wrong. that theory makes as much sense as all this does.
    Thank you! Was starting to think i've been reading too many of these lately and going SUPER nutty. Also was too scared to say it that bluntly.

Monday, August 29: The Tromps leave the family home in Ella's Peugot to go on a technology-free road trip. During the course of the drive, it's discovered Mitchell has brought his phone with him. He throws it out of the window near Warburton, about 32 kilometres from the family home. The family continues driving towards Bathurst.

Tuesday, August 30: Mitch decides he wants to go home. He leaves the family at Kelso, a suburb of Bathurst, about 7am and makes his way to Sydney.

The rest of the family continue on to the Jenolan Caves. That afternoon, they decide to split up. Ella and Riana make their way to Goulburn, but go there separate ways. Riana is found along the highway and is taken to the local hospital due to stress-related issues. Ella somehow acquires a car and drives back to the family home. Parents Mark and Jacoba are reported missing, and that afternoon police attend the family home to find credit cards and mobile phones lying around the house, and car keys in ignitions.

Wednesday, August 31: Mitchell arrives at the family home in the morning after catching the overnight train from Sydney. That afternoon, police search the Jenolan Caves area for Mark and Jacoba, but are unable to find them.

Thursday, September 1: Police are notified in the early hours of the morning that the family car has been located in Wangaratta and that a lone man was seen running the vehicle. It is believed this man was Mark. Later in the day, Jacoba presents herself to Yass District Hospital after a local found her wandering around town. Police continue to look for Mark during the evening, and have no reason to believe he has left the Wangaratta area.

The family may have accidentally gone along with a psychotic break? I'm really sad for this whole family. I hope he's okay.

Thread Information