Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thomas Rolfes (25) was shot and killed in New Orleans while on a trip there to plan his wedding

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Who the fuck is delighted??
    I snickered.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    They saw him with a girl...

What was he doing in that bar...

He should have left with his friends...

That was a bad neighborhood...

What, was he wearing a short skirt and leading people on?
    You can't tell me that you've never speculated on what people were "up to" when they died on this site. Seriously?

I don't care if he was snorting coke off a Transvestite's ass. Go for it! It doesn't mean he deserved to die. But I'm sure as hell going to discuss the circumstances and the possible circumstances. Especially here on this site.

If the Pope was found dead on top of a whore it doesn't mean I won't be sad that he's gone (Especially the current guy because he seems cool enough). But I'm still going to discuss how he was found on top of whore.

People may speculate on how it's only "3.4 miles from where he was staying", but it's still not a part of town that you'd expect a rich guy on a "fact finding" mission for his Socialite wedding to be. WITHOUT his friends.

So yeah. People are going to point that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    He wasn't in some scary, shithole bar. It's popular with locals and college kids and is probably somewhere he and his friends enjoyed while at Tulane. It's only 3.4 miles from his hotel. What's wrong with that?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...Louisiana.html

The bar itself is not a sketchy place, but, like other areas of New Orleans (the French Quarter, for example), it is dangerous to wander too far. A lot of cities are like that, really.

He was found about a mile and a half from the bar in a very bad area, like Berm was saying.

Let's look at the Yelp reviews, shall we? I see "dirt cheap drinks in a dirty dive bar" mentioned at least 3 times on the first page.

Ms. Mae's The Club

4336 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70115
    (504) 218-8035

https://g.co/kgs/Fm8X2M

Again. A rich guy travels almost 4 miles away to come here when the world is his oyster in New Orleans? Sorry. I think he was looking for a dirty dive bar and there's a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Let's look at the Yelp reviews, shall we? I see "dirt cheap drinks in a dirty dive bar" mentioned at least 3 times on the first page.

Ms. Mae's The Club

(504) 218-8035

Again. A rich guy travels almost 4 miles away to come here when the world is his oyster in New Orleans? Sorry. I think he was looking for a dirty dive bar and there's a reason.
    HOW COULD YOU?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    HOW COULD YOU?!?
    I know. I ABHOR Yelp. I pulled a dirty. Forgive me.

I know. I ABHOR Yelp. I pulled a dirty. Forgive me.
    No, not Yelp. I meant questioning a rich white man. Who the hell do you think you are?

Senior Member Alison Worthington's Avatar
    I'm not delighted either, just indifferent, what kinl of person could stay sane if they were to feel sad for every stranger who dies? Plenty of rich people have addictions and perverse fetishes, they tend to think their money entitles them to buy people.

I think I was the one that bought over all the speculating/comments from other articles I've read. Sorry. I always like to read what the locals say because IMO, they know the most about that area.

No matter what he was doing in that area, NO...he didn't deserve murder. Sometimes tho, people put themselves into bad positions by doing bad things. I think if a person is out trying to score drugs or hookers...they stand a higher chance of getting robbed or killed. That doesn't mean that's what he was doing tho. He could have been drunk and just decided to get some water, walk back to the hotel to sober up.

I just find his whole night in general strange. This is from my own standpoint. He comes in on one flight. His girlfriend comes in on another. (they live/work in different states so that makes sense) They were supposed to look at wedding venues the next morning but this is all for a wedding in the fall of 2017. She goes to the motel to sleep and he goes to Mae's to meet friends...then he just leaves. He didn't tell anybody he was leaving. Everybody assumed he got an uber, like they did.

The actual bar, Mae's, doesn't hit me as strange tho. Most bars in NO are borderline "dive" bars. He went to Tulane, so he probably hung out there a lot. He wasn't what I would call a tourist either. He most likely knew the area very well.....so the street he was found on is very odd.

Don't be sorry, berm. That's what we do here. We post info, links to topic, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Don't be sorry, berm. That's what we do here. We post info, links to topic, etc.
    I thought we just said "RIP" and called them saints.

I thought we just said "RIP" and called them saints.
    hell no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I think dive bars are fun. Maybe he dug them too?? The type of bar he went to doesn't say who he was as a person. The rest of it, perhaps, but not that part.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I think dive bars are fun. Maybe he dug them too?? The type of bar he went to doesn't say who he was as a person. The rest of it, perhaps, but not that part.
    I like dive bars too. It was just an observation. It doesn't say anything about the kind of person he is, I just found it odd given his background and why he was in town.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I think I was the one that bought over all the speculating/comments from other articles I've read. Sorry. I always like to read what the locals say because IMO, they know the most about that area.

No matter what he was doing in that area, NO...he didn't deserve murder. Sometimes tho, people put themselves into bad positions by doing bad things. I think if a person is out trying to score drugs or hookers...they stand a higher chance of getting robbed or killed. That doesn't mean that's what he was doing tho. He could have been drunk and just decided to get some water, walk back to the hotel to sober up.

I just find his whole night in general strange. This is from my own standpoint. He comes in on one flight. His girlfriend comes in on another. (they live/work in different states so that makes sense) They were supposed to look at wedding venues the next morning but this is all for a wedding in the fall of 2017. She goes to the motel to sleep and he goes to Mae's to meet friends...then he just leaves. He didn't tell anybody he was leaving. Everybody assumed he got an uber, like they did.

The actual bar, Mae's, doesn't hit me as strange tho. Most bars in NO are borderline "dive" bars. He went to Tulane, so he probably hung out there a lot. He wasn't what I would call a tourist either. He most likely knew the area very well.....so the street he was found on is very odd.

You didn't do anything wrong, Berm.

While it's certainly possible he was looking for drugs or something, I also think it's possible he lost his bearings because he was drunk. Maybe he thought there was a store closer to the bar than it actually was. Maybe someone put something in his drink. There are a number of possibilities. If it's true his phone died, he might have missed his chance to get an Uber.

And I agree that most of the bars in NOLA are dive-ish. All the ones I've been to, anyway.

People may speculate on how it's only "3.4 miles from where he was staying", but it's still not a part of town that you'd expect a rich guy on a "fact finding" mission for his Socialite wedding to be. WITHOUT his friends.

So now he's a "socialite"? Like Paris Hilton? And how rich is he, exactly?

The 3.4 miles is not speculation. It's fact. I checked it on Google Maps. It is also fact that it's a popular hangout for Tulane students.

"It's likely he did this, and it's likely he did that, because that's how he likely is." ... That's speculation. Big difference.

If you visited New Orleans to look at wedding venues, wouldn't you go out and party, too? Would you stay hulled up in your hotel bar? Sounds lame.

Where could he have gone to party with his friend that you consider acceptable? Somewhere closer to his hotel? Like the French Quarter, where half-naked girls dance in the strip club doorways on Bourbon Street? If he had gone there, you'd be just as critical. There are plenty of good places to get murdered in that area, too, fyi.

He was with his friend. He got separated from his friend when it was time to go, like about 100 other dudes we've read about here who end up dead after a night of drinking at a bar with friends, no? They were going to get some food, the friend ran back inside the bar for something, and when he came back out, Thomas was gone.

Ms. Mae's The Club

(504) 218-8035

Almost FOUR MILES! ERMAHGERD!

When my husband and I visited NOLA a couple of years ago, we traveled ALMOST EIGHT MILES from our hotel to the French Quarter. ZOMG who does that????

So despite all the glowing reviews (at both Yelp and the link I posted) from people who love the place, you're focusing on the use of "dive bar" a few times? Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

The point is that people are being chastised for speculating. FFS. That's what this site is about. And yes, I find it odd to be out drinking until 4:30am while your fianc? is back at the hotel and you're in town to find wedding venues. Don't like my opinion? I don't really care

He's seen at charity and political events dressed to the nines with his fianc?, out speeding around on a boat and has connections in the Political world. I call that pretty "socialite".

The point is that people are being chastised for speculating. FFS. That's what this site is about. And yes, I find it odd to be out drinking until 4:30am while your fianc? is back at the hotel and you're in town to find wedding venues. Don't like my opinion? I don't really care

He's seen at charity and political events dressed to the nines with his fianc?, out speeding around on a boat and has connections in the Political world. I call that pretty "socialite".
    Your husband has never wanted to stay out later and keep going after you're done for the night? This shit happens to me like every weekend, doesn't bother me in the slightest. And New Orleans is a major party town. I've spent a lot of time there and most of the bars with the best reputations for the craziest fun are dives.

Your husband has never wanted to stay out later and keep going after you're done for the night? This shit happens to me like every weekend, doesn't bother me in the slightest. And New Orleans is a major party town. I've spent a lot of time there and most of the bars with the best reputations for the craziest fun are dives.
    Yeah this. There have been plenty of nights where I go back home and hubbs is on his own. Also, hotel water is fucking expensive, I stock up on at least two bottles for the hotel room if I've been drinking

Agreed.
    Sometimes you have to run rough to appreciate the smooth.

Honestly I doubt it's some big conspiracy or planned murder. Whenever I'm in New Orleans, my friends literally give me a map covered in exes to indication where I should never go, under any circumstances, because they are dangerous, high crime areas. I know two people who have been shot and killed there in routine robberies for dumb shit like a bike. New Orleans is beautiful, New Orleans is fun, New Orleans is extremely dangerous.

You can't tell me that you've never speculated on what people were "up to" when they died on this site. Seriously?

I don't care if he was snorting coke off a Transvestite's ass. Go for it! It doesn't mean he deserved to die. But I'm sure as hell going to discuss the circumstances and the possible circumstances. Especially here on this site.

If the Pope was found dead on top of a whore it doesn't mean I won't be sad that he's gone (Especially the current guy because he seems cool enough). But I'm still going to discuss how he was found on top of whore.

There is a difference in saying 'he likely' and saying 'I wonder if,' as Tupelo said. Watch:

He likely was using drugs, given that he is in a FB picture flipping off the camera and smoking pot. He likely was up to no good since he was walking to a corner market after dark when he didn't even live in that neighborhood.

I wonder if he was using drugs since there was a Facebook picture of him smoking pot. I wonder what he was doing walking around a neighborhood he doesn't live in after dark. I wonder if he was up to no good.

The first one presupposed that your thought is the answer while the second leaves room for you to change your mind.

I may have speculated in the past, so don't bother trying to find a time when I did, but I try to always base my speculation on actual facts and frame it in a non-accusatory way and counter balance it with an equally likely speculation. That way, I don't overlook the multitude of additional possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    Love me some dive bars and I travel alone a lot to meet people. I may or may not be more careful than some of the guys who do the same because as a woman, I know I'm vulnerable. Maybe no so much in the case of guys full of liquid courage.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    There is a difference in saying 'he likely' and saying 'I wonder if,' as Tupelo said. Watch:

He likely was using drugs, given that he is in a FB picture flipping off the camera and smoking pot. He likely was up to no good since he was walking to a corner market after dark when he didn't even live in that neighborhood.

I wonder if he was using drugs since there was a Facebook picture of him smoking pot. I wonder what he was doing walking around a neighborhood he doesn't live in after dark. I wonder if he was up to no good.

The first one presupposed that your thought is the answer while the second leaves room for you to change your mind.

I may have speculated in the past, so don't bother trying to find a time when I did, but I try to always base my speculation on actual facts and frame it in a non-accusatory way and counter balance it with an equally likely speculation. That way, I don't overlook the multitude of additional possibilities.

Love me some dive bars and I travel alone a lot to meet people. I may or may not be more careful than some of the guys who do the same because as a woman, I know I'm vulnerable. Maybe no so much in the case of guys full of liquid courage.
    Ummm yeah. Saying someone likely had the same views as Romney because he worked with the guy is different than saying someone likely did drugs. I never said any such thing. I DID say he was likely up to no good based on witness accounts that he was chatting up a girl in the bar. But it's not like I pulled that out of my ass. Someone reporting seeing it.

Even in death, a Romney supporter can stir up the shit.

Well played, douchebag.

New Orleans was the first and only time in my life where I saw a man pull out a gun and threatened to shot a cashier in a full store at Eckards for taking shit to him. I love no, but yeah, it's dangerous.

I was going to say; the difference on all of the above is, WE love dive bars obviously, however we don't seem to be running around and presenting a certain life/standpoint/judgements about lower socio-economic standing etc.

I'm allowed to go out without my SO and get pizzassed, and chat to random people, because I'm not on a platform preaching directly against it/spruiking GAWD etc.

However, if I were to be out scouting for venues etc for a wedding, I'd at the very least be with my friends, not alone. We are simply putting together the information that is publicly available, as I've witnessed happen here forever. That's the point, innit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Bowie is so right.
    NO is an amazing city and fun city, but you have to be cautious when you're there.
    NO has some very different drinking laws compared to everywhere else. You are allowed to carry drinks around (in plastic cups) and booze is sold 24/7. So you tend to meet up with way more intoxicated people. There are tons of pickpockets and scammers. My aunt had her purse snatched on Bourbon Street.

I can't explain how many "firsts" I saw in NO. I really think after a few days there, nothing seems really strange there anymore.

They're trying to clean up the area. They had a city meeting. Here is one snippet from that meeting.

On the other hand, Cantrell said she is concerned about several of the gas stations along the corridor that seem to be a magnet for drug dealing and other unsavory activities. The state Alcohol Beverage Control board should also be included in those sweeps, she said. She is particularly concerned about a gas stations on General Taylor Street and near Toledano, including one where Tulane graduate Thomas Rolfes was last seen purchasing bottled water shortly before being shot to death earlier this month.

“I don’t go there, and I sure wouldn’t go there at 3 a.m.,” Cantrell said.
    http://uptownmessenger.com/2016/05/m...officials-say/

Thread Information