Thread: 'Queen of Snapchat' Katie May (34) died from complications of a stroke

'Queen of Snapchat' Katie May (34) died from complications of a stroke

Model Katie May died on Thursday morning died after suffering a stroke Monday, according to multiple media reports.

The 34-year-old single mom was hospitalised Monday when a blockage in her carotid artery caused a stroke, TMZ reports.

She remained in critical condition until she was taken off of life support and died Thursday evening, reports Fox news.

May, who was known for her large social media following, also modeled for magazines including 'Playboy' and 'Sports Illustrated'.

"It is with heavy hearts that we confirm the passing today of Katie May?mother, daughter, sister, friend, businesswoman, model and social media star?after suffering a catastrophic stroke caused by a blocked carotid artery on Monday," May's family announced in a statement.

"Known as 'MsKatieMay' on the Internet and the 'Queen of Snapchat,' she leaves behind millions of fans and followers, and a heartbroken family. We respectfully ask for privacy in this difficult time."

The social media sensation is survived by her 7-year-old daughter, and family members have started a GoFundMe page to try and raise $100,000 to support the child.

The page has raised just over $8,700 so far with donations.

TMZ was first to report the story.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016...ns_of_a_stroke
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    That is sad. I couldn't copy/paste because I am on my iPad, but I read a story that she fell while on a modeling shoot, which led to her stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    That is sad. I couldn't copy/paste because I am on my iPad, but I read a story that she fell while on a modeling shoot, which led to her stroke.
    Blond bombshell model Katie May’s fatal stroke happened after she fell during a photo shoot then visited a chiropractor twice, her friends said Friday.

The 34-year-old Playboy and Sports Illustrated vixen known as the “Queen of Snapchat” died in Los Angeles Thursday, three days after suffering a catastrophic stroke, officials in the L.A. County Medical Examiner-Coroner’s office confirmed. May's friends admired both her love for her 7-year-old daughter Mia and her work ethic as a social media sensation and businesswoman, they told the Daily News.

"It is so sudden and so sad and so tragic," said fellow West Hollywood resident and friend of five years Christina Passanisi. "She was almost like a phenomenon. She was just capable of juggling so many things and doing it effortlessly. She really was just a unique and special individual."

May tweaked her neck about two weeks ago while posing, said Passanisi, who met May in a gym and later helped her prepare for modelling gigs at her body makeup and spray tanning shop A Bronz Tail.

The American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association found a relationship between chiropractic manipulation of the neck and a type of arterial tear that can lead to strokes in research published in 2014. The study didn't find a direct cause-and-effect between chiropractic care and strokes but said providers should inform patients before any treatments.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2521755
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Aren't chiropractors supposed to know wtf they are doing? Wouldn't her family be able to sue?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

There is a good article on sciencebasedmedicine that discusses the likelihood of the chiropractor being involved. The conclusion is that the stroke was much more likely to be a result of her fall, and not have to do with any chiropractic manipulations.

Quote Originally Posted by So and So View Post
    There is a good article on sciencebasedmedicine that discusses the likelihood of the chiropractor being involved. The conclusion is that the stroke was much more likely to be a result of her fall, and not have to do with any chiropractic manipulations.
    Like she had a slow bleed as a result of the fall? I know someone who fell, had a slow bleed, and didn't die until weeks after the incident. This makes much more sense to me than the chiropractor thing.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    This going to become a blame game between the Employer and the Chiropractor. Nobody wants to take responsibility for this, I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

The way the article wrote that she left "millions of fans and followers" before the phrase, " heartbroken family," irks me a bit.
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

Yeah that sat weird with me too. They're just followers, not close family and loved ones...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/playboy-...actor-coroner/

Playboy model Katie May died from "neck manipulation by chiropractor," coroner says

Playboy model Katie May died as a result of an injury caused by a chiropractor who manipulated her neck, CBS Los Angeles reports.

Just days before the 34-year-old died in early February, she posted on Twitter that she had a pinched nerve in her neck and was going to see a chiropractor.

Los Angeles Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter cited “neck manipulation by chiropractor” as the cause of May’s injury that led to a certain type of deadly stroke.

Welp. That decides it for me since I had toyed with the idea of trying a Chiropractor for my neck and upper back pain. Pass me the Aleve.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Welp. That decides it for me since I had toyed with the idea of trying a Chiropractor for my neck and upper back pain. Pass me the Aleve.
    Ditto.

Eh, people also die from routine medical practices every day as well.

I had to start seeing a chiropractor when I was 16 because I was in an accident that wrecked my back and made it hard for me to walk, use the bathroom, or breathe without intense pain. Doctors couldn't do anything other than prescribe me pain killers, which were either not strong enough or addicting. My chiropractor was the one that got me back on my feet. Of course there are risks associated with adjustments, and people should absolutely try less risky remedies first (more rest, massages, etc), but I'm not ready to totally discount the field of chiropractic medicine quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberT View Post
    Eh, people also die from routine medical practices every day as well.

I had to start seeing a chiropractor when I was 16 because I was in an accident that wrecked my back and made it hard for me to walk, use the bathroom, or breathe without intense pain. Doctors couldn't do anything other than prescribe me pain killers, which were either not strong enough or addicting. My chiropractor was the one that got me back on my feet. Of course there are risks associated with adjustments, and people should absolutely try less risky remedies first (more rest, massages, etc), but I'm not ready to totally discount the field of chiropractic medicine quite yet.
    Word, I see this one like the 'girlfriend killed bf with hickey' case - Terrible fucking luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Word, I see this one like the 'girlfriend killed bf with hickey' case - Terrible fucking luck.
    Yeah, I think the risk is there, but it's really small. You probably have a much larger risk of dying while driving to the chiropractor. The chiropractor didn't help me, but she didn't kill me either.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yeah, I think the risk is there, but it's really small. You probably have a much larger risk of dying while driving to the chiropractor. The chiropractor didn't help me, but she didn't kill me either.
    Seriously, if you start avoiding everything with 'risk', you could still die from a roof collapsing falling on your head. You know?

I'm on a fucking weird roll today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Thank gawd I didn't. Long story, that I won't go into and bore you with too many details but I was diagnosed with frozen shoulder and after numerous treatments including cortisone shots injected via ultra sound my Dr / friends and acquaintances all recommended to go see a Chiropractor suggesting that would give me some relief from the chronic pain. Well after 2 years with no relief I was almost at that point. Anyway as it turned out I cancelled the Chiro appointment and decided to step it up and got a referral to have an MRI, this showed I had two vertebrae that were crushed and needed immediate repair (fusion) which was done within one week.

If I had gone to the Chiro there is no doubt any treatment done would have done irreparable.

Thank gawd I didn't. Long story, that I won't go into and bore you with too many details but I was diagnosed with frozen shoulder and after numerous treatments including cortisone shots injected via ultra sound my Dr / friends and acquaintances all recommended to go see a Chiropractor suggesting that would give me some relief from the chronic pain. Well after 2 years with no relief I was almost at that point. Anyway as it turned out I cancelled the Chiro appointment and decided to step it up and got a referral to have an MRI, this showed I had two vertebrae that were crushed and needed immediate repair (fusion) which was done within one week.

If I had gone to the Chiro there is no doubt any treatment done would have done irreparable.

If I had gone to the Chiro there is no doubt any treatment done would have done irreparable damage.

(typo)

Quote Originally Posted by 7777 View Post

That's scary.

I just crack all over. When I sneeze, between my shoulders crack all the way up and when I twist my head around, it's like a bowl of rice crispies. It's more pressure and stiffness than pain although it does get painful at times and there's always a dull pain that never goes away. It's been getting progressively worse. I used to have to sleep with two pillows propped up, now I have to be by completely flat or I wake up with a Crick in my neck. It. Blows.

I had frozen shoulder a couple years ago. What a crazy and bizarre ailment, huh. I've also had neck issues with ruptured and herniated disks in my neck. I think my neck issue spawned the frozen shoulder. It took me a good year to get full range of motion back. I did physical therapy to the point that I could touch the back pocket of my jeans. Frozen shoulder sucks and can be a 3 year process from start to full recovery.

When my neck was at its worst, I doubt that I could have tolerated an adjustment by a chiro. I think the bones and nerves in the neck are so tiny that manipulations of that area could cause damage, especially if your have fractures.

Boston...In the years leading up to my disks going belly up, I had frequent stiff necks and had limited positions to sleep in, mainly I needed to keep my chin tucked to my chest to keep the pain away. After my surgery, I haven't had a stiff neck since. My neck makes rice krispy noises too. Do you ever have unexplained pain in your arms or pins and needles sensation? I have a nerve simulator that was used during the healing of a herniated disk. It was very helpful with the muscle pain I experienced. My neck issues are caused from arthritis in my neck.
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    I had frozen shoulder a couple years ago. What a crazy and bizarre ailment, huh. I've also had neck issues with ruptured and herniated disks in my neck. I think my neck issue spawned the frozen shoulder. It took me a good year to get full range of motion back. I did physical therapy to the point that I could touch the back pocket of my jeans. Frozen shoulder sucks and can be a 3 year process from start to full recovery.

When my neck was at its worst, I doubt that I could have tolerated an adjustment by a chiro. I think the bones and nerves in the neck are so tiny that manipulations of that area could cause damage, especially if your have fractures.

Boston...In the years leading up to my disks going belly up, I had frequent stiff necks and had limited positions to sleep in, mainly I needed to keep my chin tucked to my chest to keep the pain away. After my surgery, I haven't had a stiff neck since. My neck makes rice krispy noises too. Do you ever have unexplained pain in your arms or pins and needles sensation? I have a nerve simulator that was used during the healing of a herniated disk. It was very helpful with the muscle pain I experienced. My neck issues are caused from arthritis in my neck.
    I have all of those sensations, but it's hard to tell if it's caused by my neck/back or from the MS. I've had those symptoms longer than the neck and back problems brought on by the MS, so it could be either or both causing it

It concerns me that I'm having similar symptoms to something that could point to herniated disks. Dats not Gud. I don't remember ever having any major injuries or accidents that would cause that? Maybe some falls off of horses back in the day, but nothing that pointed to back or neck injuries. Does that kind of thing occur naturally without incident?

Basically I always feel like I would kill to have someone just walk across my back and neck and just "snap, snap, snap" to relieve pressure.

I'm just a mess.

I wonder if she signed something that would prevent her family from suing.

That's scary.

I just crack all over. When I sneeze, between my shoulders crack all the way up and when I twist my head around, it's like a bowl of rice crispies. It's more pressure and stiffness than pain although it does get painful at times and there's always a dull pain that never goes away. It's been getting progressively worse. I used to have to sleep with two pillows propped up, now I have to be by completely flat or I wake up with a Crick in my neck. It. Blows.
    Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post

I have all of those sensations, but it's hard to tell if it's caused by my neck/back or from the MS. I've had those symptoms longer than the neck and back problems brought on by the MS, so it could be either or both causing it

It concerns me that I'm having similar symptoms to something that could point to herniated disks. Dats not Gud. I don't remember ever having any major injuries or accidents that would cause that? Maybe some falls off of horses back in the day, but nothing that pointed to back or neck injuries. Does that kind of thing occur naturally without incident?

Basically I always feel like I would kill to have someone just walk across my back and neck and just "snap, snap, snap" to relieve pressure.

I'm just a mess.
    I had all of those symptoms as well, it was terrible and the pain was insane. I had the numbness and tingling as well in one arm There was no reason why I had the neck problems either, I have no clue how my neck ended up the way it was and it was my neck causing the frozen shoulder symptoms.

Im sorry you both are having these issues, it is just crazy pain and so uncomfortable all the time. On the good side though once I had the fusion done it all went away now I just have a limited neck movement range which is normal but no other issues.

Thread Information