Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sasha Samsudean (27) was found dead in her apartment and an investigation is ongoing

Sasha Samsudean (27) was found dead in her apartment and an investigation is ongoing

I'm surprised there wasn't a thread on this one already. This one seems pretty interesting......

An Orlando woman's suspicious death has been ruled a homicide, as detectives try to unravel her murder mystery.

Sasha Samsudean, 27, was last seen on Oct.17 returning to her apartment building at about 1:45 a.m. She was smiling after a fun night out with her friends, surveillance footage showed. A few hours later, cops found the woman dead in her apartment, after her friends reported her missing.

Detectives distributed flyers with the surveillance footage through her apartment building, hoping to figure out who could have killed her inside her own home.

There had been no sign of forced entry into her apartment, investigators said. Medical examiners are performing an autopsy, but a cause of death has not been determined yet, cops said. Police declined to comment if any marks or bruises indicating an attack were found on Samsudean.

All investigators could determine was that this was not a natural death. Building residents told a local station they were just as confused as the police were on this murder mystery.

"It's pretty vague to just tell us that something happened and not give us any details as to what. Not even close to details," neighbor Liz Scarborough told WESH2.

The family will have a private visitation for Samsudean on Tuesday, followed by a funeral ceremony, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

Police are asking for tips at 407-246-2914. They are offering a $5,000 reward for any information that helps solve the case.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2015...ion_is_ongoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

She had gone out to dinner and I think to watch a game with friends, and was seen on surveillance cameras around 1:45 a.m. going to her apartment.

There was no forced entry, and authorities say she didn't have any bruising or signs of a struggle, but are confident she was the victim of a homicide.

Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Wow, this is really up there on the "haunting last photo" list. She looks so happy & vibrant & then ...

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news...picious_d.html

<<snipped>>

When officers arrived, it took them extra time to get inside her keypad-protected door lock. There was also no sign of a forced entry. Samsudean's dead body was found inside.

Police will not say how she died. At first her death was labeled suspicious, but now it has been labeled a homicide, putting nearby neighbors on edge.

?It?s really easy to, like, get into the building if you don?t live here," Hirschfield said. "You can just kind of walk in.?

With few clues to follow at this point, police are zeroing in on the crime scene to figure out who could have followed her in or was waiting for her when she got home.

?That?s why we?re really looking into Uptown Apartments and trying to figure it out, because we know that she made it inside her apartment," Sgt. Ford said.

According to her obituary, Samsudean was born in New York, New York in 1988. She graduated from Seminole High School.

We learned Samsudean was an active young professional, most recently working as a Media Manager for Pearson.
    However, she was also known for her previous work in the Central Florida rental community.

The Apartment Association of Greater Orlando left a somber note on their Facebook page as a*tribute to the young professional they recently named Account Executive of the Year:

"Our association family was saddened to hear of the untimely passing of Sasha Samsudean this weekend. Sasha was one of a kind, a tireless volunteer, and had an awesomely infectious personality you couldn't help but admire. Our thoughts and prayers are with Sasha's family and friends during this difficult time. We will miss you, Sasha."

?Just know that homicide is still working on it. There?s some details that we have to just trust that our homicide detectives and that they're looking at everything to solve this," Sgt. Ford explained.*

Police said they have not received autopsy results yet that will determine how Samsudean was killed.

A private viewing and services for family and friends will be held Wednesday.

Anyone who was in the area of 911 N. Orange Ave. early Saturday (between 12:30 and 2:30 a.m.) who either saw Samsudean or noticed anything suspicious is asked to call Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS (8477). A reward of up to $5,000 is available in the case.

I wonder how her relationship with her parents was like. I also wonder who had access to the key codes. Maintenance and leasing staff, obviously. Was there a universal code that got out to a vendor?
    Last edited by beli; 10-23-2015 at 09:49 AM.

Sasha Samsudean, 27, was last seen on Oct.17 returning to her apartment building at about 1:45 a.m. She was smiling after a fun night out with her friends, surveillance footage showed. A few hours later, cops found the woman dead in her apartment, after her friends reported her missing.
    Why would her friends report her missing "a few hours later"? This seems really odd to me. She just went home after a night out. How could they possibly know something was wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by emylou View Post
    Why would her friends report her missing "a few hours later"? This seems really odd to me. She just went home after a night out. How could they possibly know something was wrong?
    I noticed that, too.

Wonder why they think foul play is involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Wow. This is really creepy and weird.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    I noticed that, too.

Wonder why they think foul play is involved.
    I thought the same thing. If I drop a friend home after a night out and they don't answer the next morning I still just presume they are hung over, sleeping in or whatever. They were worried enough too call the police in a matter of hours ?!
    There has to be more to this story. She sounds like she had a really promising future, so sad.

Maybe she didn't show up for work and didn't pick up when phoned.
    "A dog is the only thing on Earth that loves you more than he loves himself." ~Josh Billings

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Or she didn't text when she got home. If I go out with friends or even just hang out with someone at their place they always ask me to text them when I get home so they know I got there safe. It's kind of common these days since it's so easy to check in. Perhaps she had always been good about doing this and when she didn't, they knew something was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Or she didn't text when she got home. If I go out with friends or even just hang out with someone at their place they always ask me to text them when I get home so they know I got there safe. It's kind of common these days since it's so easy to check in. Perhaps she had always been good about doing this and when she didn't, they knew something was wrong.
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Yeah true. I've done that many times with friends and vice versa.
    I thankfully haven't been in a situation where it hasn't worked out.
    If that isn't the case, maybe she was able to make some type of distress call/contact with friends via txt or social media etc and then they called the police.
    Fkng horrible situation. I feel so sorry for her and her friends.

Who's she smiling at in the CCTV footage? Do they have CCTV all over the apt complex or is just in the lobby?

My guess is going to be on a neighbor or a visiting friend of a neighbor. The way the police talk about the scene of her apt, I bet somebody bombarded her when she was going inside her apt.

though it remained unclear what happened after the image was taken, the scene inside of her third-floor apartment led investigators to declare her death a homicide.
    This explains the timeline with the friends reporting her missing. Makes more sense.
    Police found Samsudean dead inside of her apartment about 8 p.m. Saturday after her friends reported her missing when they hadn't heard from her all day.
    "Detectives are looking for anyone who saw Sasha Samsudean after 1:45 a.m. on Saturday morning," the Tuesday announcement said.
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...020-story.html
    http://heavy.com/news/2015/10/sasha-...pect-injuries/

Samsudean was laid to rest on October 20 at a mixed faith service in Orlando, reports the Sentinel. The newspaper says that the service was private and that it blended Hindu, Islamic and Christian practices. She is survived by her parents and brother Ken Samsudean Jr. He was critically injured in a 2012 bizarre car accident when he, along with three others, were hit while their vehicles were stopped in east Orlando.
    https://twitter.com/sashawho
    http://websta.me/n/sashawho (this is an instagram viewer)

She just moved to that apt a couple of months ago.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by bermstalker; 10-24-2015 at 02:29 AM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Like Berm, I wonder who she was smiling at in the surveillance footage.

Quote Originally Posted by emylou View Post
    Yeah true. I've done that many times with friends and vice versa.
    I thankfully haven't been in a situation where it hasn't worked out.
    If that isn't the case, maybe she was able to make some type of distress call/contact with friends via txt or social media etc and then they called the police.
    Fkng horrible situation. I feel so sorry for her and her friends.
    Excellent point... and I've been in the position of waiting for that call or text and wondering at what point do I call the cops... they should be there, they should be there, why haven't they called... If I call the cops and say they are two hours late, will they laugh? On the other hand if they are sitting by the side of the road...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

It was the security guard of her apt complex. Stephen Duxbury

Sasha Samsudean's ripped blouse, a man's thumbprint on the top of her apartment's toilet lid and surveillance video are among the evidence that led investigators to her alleged killer: her complex's security guard.

On Friday, Orlando police said Stephen Michael Duxbury, a security guard at Uptown Place Apartments, strangled 27-year-old Samsudean to death after she returned home about 1:45 a.m. Oct. 17.

Her cause of death was strangulation, court records show.

Duxbury, 33, was arrested about 10:30 a.m. Friday in Volusia County by U.S. marshals, police said. The married Port Orange man, who has no prior criminal history in Florida, is being held at the Volusia County Branch Jail in Daytona Beach on charges of first-degree murder, sexual battery and burglary.

Duxbury was employed by Vital Security and Investigations, according to police, and had worked at Uptown Place Apartments at 911 N. Orange Ave. for five months.

"As a security guard, he used his access to prey on someone who was very vulnerable," Orlando police Chief John Mina said Friday during a news conference.

Mina called Samsudean's death "absolutely, completely random."

"Our hearts go out to Sasha's family," Mina said. "Our thoughts and prayers are with them, and we hope this will bring a little bit of closure."

Orlando police Sgt. Dan Brady said there was no indication that Samsudean had a relationship with Duxbury.

"He was their only security officer," Brady said. "He worked there about four nights a week."

None of the residents at Uptown Place Apartments was ever alarmed by Duxbury, police said.

Attempts to reach the security company and the apartment complex were not immediately successful.

Sasha Samsudean murder suspect
    Stephen Duxbury is accused of killing Sasha Samsudean when he was working as a security guard at the Uptown Place apartments in downtown Orlando. (OPD)
    Samsudean worked for Pearson, an education company that provides services to teachers and students and which released a statement Friday about her death.

"Everyone at Pearson continues to keep Sasha's loved ones in their thoughts and in their hearts during this very difficult time," Pearson spokeswoman Laura Howe said. "Sasha was a highly respected member of the Pearson family and her colleagues miss her presence greatly."

'I'm not supposed to go into apartments'

Testimony from witnesses and Duxbury, along with surveillance video and physical evidence, detailed the moments before and after Samsudean was found dead in her bed inside her apartment Oct. 17.

The night before, Samsudean was with her friends at the Attic Bar at 68 E. Pine St. in downtown Orlando. About 12:30 a.m., according to her friend, she left the bar and went home.

That friend tried to contact her through text messages and social media to make sure she made it home safely, but she never responded.

Later that day, two of Samsudean's friends went to her apartment and knocked on the door several times. After receiving no response, they called police.

When officers arrived at the apartment, court records show, they found Samsudean's body wrapped in a comforter on her bed. As investigators continued searching the apartment, they found the toilet seat up, which police thought was strange because she lived alone.

The white pants Samsudean was wearing in the surveillance photo, her underwear and her brown purse were missing. A condom wrapper was on the floor near her bed. Also, her blouse and bra had been ripped.

"There was also discoloration on the bedding which appeared to be caused by some type of bleach mixture, possibly a cleaning product that included bleach," the arrest affidavit said.

At 2:16 a.m. Oct. 18, police interviewed Duxbury, who said he tried to help Samsudean because she couldn't remember the key code to get into her third-floor apartment.

He also walked her to the garage because she thought her keys might have been in her vehicle.

"Um, I'm not supposed to go into apartments," Duxbury said when police asked whether he went inside her apartment unit.

Surveillance video captured Samsudean and Duxbury laughing and walking together down a stairwell at 2:25 a.m., police said.

They walked to the first-floor garage and returned into the building about 20 seconds later.

They walked back up the stairwell. At this point, about 2:27 a.m., Samsudean kept bumping into the walls ? appearing intoxicated.

At 6:36 a.m., Duxbury exited the second floor of the building with two trash bags. He walked into the second floor of the parking garage, where his vehicle was parked, and returned into the building at 6:38 a.m.

His shift ended at 6 a.m. But, police said, he didn't leave the property until 6:39 a.m.

On Oct. 23, police received a search warrant for Duxbury's home in Port Orange. They found a pair of shoes that matched the shoe print found inside Samsudean's apartment. Three days later, police learned that the thumbprint found on top of Samsudean's toilet matched the right thumb of Duxbury.

"The fresh injuries to his forearms appear to be a bite mark and defensive wounds possibly caused by Ms. Samsudean in an attempt to fight off her attacker and save her own life," the affidavit said. "Stephen Duxbury took advantage of Sasha Samsudean when she was in a most vulnerable state instead of providing security for her against a potential would-be attacker."

Recently became security guard

Duxbury completed his 40-hour unarmed security training at S2 Safety & Intelligence Institute, records show. He received his certificate of completion April 2. An attempt to reach the institute Friday was unsuccessful.

Duxbury's license as an unarmed security guard expires April 22, 2017, according to state records.

On his security-officer application, Duxbury said he's never been diagnosed with a mental illness and does not have a history of substance or alcohol abuse.

Florida has about 140,000 unarmed security guards, including about 23,000 with state firearm permits.

Unarmed security guards must pass a 40-hour course in legal knowledge.

Armed guards must pass an additional 28 hours of firearms training. They must also score at least 80 percent on a shooting test by firing 196 bullets at targets ranging from 9 to 75 feet. Armed guards must qualify every year.
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...030-story.html

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Sorry ass piece of shit. When you can't even trust the security guards at your apartments....

I can't even with this asshole....
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I knew it had to be someone who worked there. Fuck, man. He's supposed to be protecting his residents, not preying on them. Horrible.

RIP Sasha

Also, did he use keys or a code to get in? Was it universal? Or did he bombard her? Because if it comes out he had access to the codes or there was a universal one, I can see a lawsuit for wrongful death coming out from this, depending on the laws there in Florida.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I'm glad that they found the person responsible for this. What a coward piece of shit.

Fucking asshole.
    Sasha had great friends 💜 I really feel for them.
    They did everything the way we are supposed to so we stay safe and this fucker that was entrusted to maintain more safety killed her simply because he was horny. That's it. That is why.
    Fuck him.
    Rip Sasha

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    What a creep. RIP Sasha.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Gross. People need to learn to keep their hands to themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Asshole ! Your meant to be able to trust security guards ! How scary. I'm thinking he may not of used any codes or anything. If it was my apartment and he knocked I would happily open the door, she probably knew or at least recognized him.

Man, I need to pay more attention to the news. I remember hearing about this when she was first murdered, but I didn't realize he lives in the same town I do. I wonder if he had a facebook page. I am curious to see if we have any mutual friends. It is a smaller town where everyone knows someone either directly or through mutual people. I couldn't find anything in our public document database either.

Thread Information