Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Antifreeze poisoning - anyone know anything?

Antifreeze poisoning - anyone know anything?

I am putting this here because I don't know where else it would go. Someone sent this message in to the MDS FB and I said I would post it here:

I am not sure if I am on the right site to ask this question, but here it goes. Maybe you can help me answer some questions? I have a friend that has been in a coma for a week. Mark has always been outgoing and very active. Three to four months ago Mark started acting out of character. When I talk to him on the phone he didn't talk very long he acted depressed and he was always wanting to get off the phone. He was an avid walker and worked out regularly and he out of the blue quit everything. Now approximately four months later he's in a coma in a hospital Yuma Washington. At first the doctors thought that he might have West Nile disease but today the doctor came in and asked if he may have gotten some antifreeze. My question is If someone was poisoning Mark with antifreeze could this have started say three or four months ago. I was thinking if the person doing the poisoning only put a little bit of antifreeze in their his food or drink that over a period of time spread out through four months or so that his liver and kidney would shut down and he would eventually go into a coma? They were going to take him off of the respirator today but his brain didn't show enough activitiy so they were afraid to take him off of ventilation. Please respond, Thanks Also If this doesn't sound like antifreeze what could it be? Please excuse spelling,

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yikes.
    I don't know much about it personally, but I recall seeing crime shows where people poisoned others gradually with it putting it in Gatorade since it has a similar appearance and tastes sweet. I could see it being a progressive thing.

Does this person have reason to believe that someone close to him would want him dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    My thoughts are that he would have already been showing signs of being poisoned if it had occurred over time. I guess the question to ask is how long has he been in the hospitalized and in the coma? He was depressed, so one might question if he did it to himself intentionally as well.

I've sent the link for this thread to the person who asked the question and hopefully he will come and discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Sounds similar to what the questioner is describing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    My thoughts are that he would have already been showing signs of being poisoned if it had occurred over time. I guess the question to ask is how long has he been in the hospitalized and in the coma? He was depressed, so one might question if he did it to himself intentionally as well.
    I only know of ethylene glycol poisoning in animals, but they show the effects right away. They appear drunk and have cooridination problems. You also have to counteract the poisoning (with vodka) within a certain time frame.

I agree with you if this guy was being poisoned, even in small amounts, he would have gastrointestinal symptoms and would know something was wrong. I also agree he could have harmed himself.

The other posibility is if he had a head injury. That would make him act different, and he could have had a slow bleed in his brain.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I only know of ethylene glycol poisoning in animals, but they show the effects right away. They appear drunk and have cooridination problems. You also have to counteract the poisoning (with vodka) within a certain time frame.

I agree with you if this guy was being poisoned, even in small amounts, he would have gastrointestinal symptoms and would know something was wrong. I also agree he could have harmed himself.

The other posibility is if he had a head injury. That would make him act different, and he could have had a slow bleed in his brain.
    All I know is that cats seem to be attracted to it and it can kill them.

I know a lady from Canada that had a friend that accidentally drank anti -freeze when they were teenagers. They would come over the border to US with fake IDs and buy large amounts of liquor becuz it was way cheaper. They would smuggle it back into Canada in anti-freeze jugs of all things. One night at one of their parties some chick grabbed a jug that had real anti-freeze in it. She died very quickly. Anti-freeze literally crystallizes the kidneys and the person goes into renal failure. I do recall a case on tv that a guy was given antifreeze by his wife over time. I'm not sure of how long it took.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Very good point, Angie ~ there are really so many possibilities to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I know a lady from Canada that had a friend that accidentally drank anti -freeze when they were teenagers. They would come over the border to US with fake IDs and buy large amounts of liquor becuz it was way cheaper. They would smuggle it back into Canada in anti-freeze jugs of all things. One night at one of their parties some chick grabbed a jug that had real anti-freeze in it. She died very quickly. Anti-freeze literally crystallizes the kidneys and the person goes into renal failure. I do recall a case on tv that a guy was given antifreeze by his wife over time. I'm not sure of how long it took.
    Yikes ~ what a terrible way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    All I know is that cats seem to be attracted to it and it can kill them.
    Animals are attracted to it because it smells and tastes sweet. They've now got Antifreeze that's safer to animals. I wish people used it more.

I was just thinking that I don' t recall ever hearing of an antifreeze murder down here. Then I realised we call it coolant - & even if I search it correctlky I still can't fin d any cases. I wonder if we put something nasty tasting in ours?

Also, if his friend happens to be a vodka drinker, is it possible he has been getting deliberately poisoned but he's survived by inadvertantly serving himself the antidote?

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    I don't know about people...but I had a Rottweiler puppy who didn't live to be 10 months old because the fucking drug dealers behind my house used to use the small patch of woods/trees the backed up to my fenced in backyard to make deals and fed my puppy antifreeze because she would bark when they came up there. I had her spade at 6 months and when they cut into her they saw all the antifreeze damage. They gave her 2 years and she was dead within 4 months. Horrible agony until we put her down because it had gotten so bad.

Lovely memories from Decatur, Ga
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    I don't know about people...but I had a Rottweiler puppy who didn't live to be 10 months old because the fucking drug dealers behind my house used to use the small patch of woods/trees the backed up to my fenced in backyard to make deals and fed my puppy antifreeze because she would bark when they came up there. I had her spade at 6 months and when they cut into her they saw all the antifreeze damage. They gave her 2 years and she was dead within 4 months. Horrible agony until we put her down because it had gotten so bad.

Lovely memories from Decatur, Ga
    OMG I am so sorry, that is awful! What total assholes!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I can't put my finger on it, but something about this thread gives me douche chills.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    OMG I am so sorry, that is awful! What total assholes!
    yeah it sucked.....I later got another dog but chose my pug once I had kids
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I can't put my finger on it, but something about this thread gives me douche chills.
    The person who asked the message said they are going to register and chat here. So we will see!

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    The person who asked the message said they are going to register and chat here. So we will see!
    That's good. It's easier to carry on a conversation when there's two sides to it

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Probably the fact that this person, when faced with a friend's possible homicide, seeks guidance from strangers on Facebook instead of talking to law enforcement or medical professionals

I mean doctors don't usually go, "Hey you think someone gave this guy antifreeze? No? Not sure? Well, I'm sure it'll all come out in the wash. Try Google."

Lots of interlopers 'round these parts today.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

I saw the title of this thread and that Olivia started after reading her post in The pregnancy thread. Made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by missbad View Post
    I saw the title of this thread and that Olivia started after reading her post in The pregnancy thread. Made me laugh.
    hahahahahahahahhaha

ETA - tempting!

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    Probably the fact that this person, when faced with a friend's possible homicide, seeks guidance from strangers on Facebook instead of talking to law enforcement or medical professionals

I mean doctors don't usually go, "Hey you think someone gave this guy antifreeze? No? Not sure? Well, I'm sure it'll all come out in the wash. Try Google."

Lots of interlopers 'round these parts today.
    You have a good point. I think the person who wrote the post was more concerned with being rebuffed by his friend and trying to find a reason why than his friend actually being in a coma. Also the antifreeze part was pretty random. He could have just said poisoned.

Or...he could be planning on poisoning someone

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

You have a good point. I think the person who wrote the post was more concerned with being rebuffed by his friend and trying to find a reason why than his friend actually being in a coma. Also the antifreeze part was pretty random. He could have just said poisoned.

Or...he could be planning on poisoning someone
    Haha, this is where my mind went. Too much time here.

But I mean his friend in in a coma, sounds like he's pretty much at death's door. If he comes out of this--and I hope he does--I doubt he would get mad at this guy for being concerned and wanting answers.

Just from what I've read, it sounds more likely that Mark was suffering from depression and possibly self-medicating (or this was a suicide attempt) vs. the withdrawal and depression occurring as the result of being gradually poisoned.

And I'm not trying to be a jerk, Concerned Friend. We may not have the answers you want, but we're chatty as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35WTYbo3NzQ Lynn Turner, from Atlanta, Georgia, who killed two husbands (the first in 1997 and the second in 2001) by feeding them Jello laced with antifreeze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsXYcMXUHdk Stacy Castor, of Clay, New York, convicted in 2007 of killing her husband with antifreeze and then trying to murder her stepdaughter by mixing it into a cocktail of vodka, orange juice and Sprite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Thread Information