Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Angelika Graswald (36) killed her fiance Vincent Viafore (46) by sabotaging his kayak and leaving him to drown

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I had a look at his photos and there's a nice one of him on a horse. But a haircut would have done him wonders.
    I look pretty good on a horse, too.

He's just "meh" in my book.

Then again, I'm single, so my library card ain't getting punched enough for my book to even be valid.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

I'm still thinking that she planned this, and accidently ended up falling in herself.

And about her offing him before sealing the deal...maybe he insisted on a prenup?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I'm still thinking that she planned this, and accidently ended up falling in herself.

And about her offing him before sealing the deal...maybe he insisted on a prenup?
    I could definitely see both of those things happening!

Grand Jury indicted her today? so I guess they've got something substantial against her. I wonder where he really is then? No way she got a guy his size into the water on her own.

I guess the significance of her having worked very nearby the area she was rescued from is that she would've known which section of water would allow for the quickest rescue due to boat traffic?

http://westchester.news12.com/news/a...ase-1.10386011

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/s...ourt/26923163/

A woman accused of murder in connection with her fiance's disappearance will not appear in court today, Tuesday.

Angelika Graswald, a 35-year-old Poughkeepsie resident, was charged with second-degree murder in connection with 46-year-old Vincent Viafore's disappearance, state police said.
    Graswald, who police said they initially thought was a "survivor of a tragic accident," was set to appear in New Windsor Court today at 4 p.m. The case will likely now be handled in the Orange County Court. Graswald's next court date is unclear.
    The Goshen-based Legal Aid Society of Orange County is representing Graswald, but the office would not say which attorney will handle the case.
    READ: Fiancee charged with murder of Poughkeepsie kayaker
    Viafore is presumed dead. The Poughkeepsie man has been missing since April 19, when he and Graswald left in separate kayaks from Plum Point, near the shore of Cornwall-On-Hudson around 4 p.m. and went to Bannerman Island, police said.
    The couple was near Bannerman, which is located on the river, between Cold Spring and Beacon, when Viafore "entered the water" around 7 p.m., police said. His body has not been found. The kayaks have both been recovered.
    Inconsistencies in Graswald's statements led to her arrest, police said, but they wouldn't elaborate on what those statements were, a possible motive or the manner in which she allegedly killed Viafore.
    Police are continuing the search for Viafore's body. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 845-457-1388.
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-05-2015 at 04:55 PM.

She said it felt good knowing he would die.

She also admitted to tampering with his kayak. Plus.....she was set to gain from life insurance.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/w...-bail-31013838

Well that's a dramatic twist & kind of dumb if she made those statements before deciding to publicly protest her innocence?? Her lawyer was insisting the police rushed to judgement 4 days ago.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/york-state-...1&from=related

They seem to be having a guilt/innocence battle via news articles. It'll be interesting to finally see what the investigators really have, because if it's a taped confession the lawyer's statements are going to look pretty stupid & so is Ms Graswald.

I don't know which way to go with this - mainly because police get caught lying SO much.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    She said it felt good knowing he would die.

She also admitted to tampering with his kayak. Plus.....she was set to gain from life insurance.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/w...-bail-31013838
    The problem is that after being interrogated and accused relentlessly, it's easy to see a frustrated, broken person scream 'YEAH YOU'RE RIGHT I KILLED THE GUY I LOVED AND I DANCED AND TAPPED AND SNAPPED MY FINGERS AS HE DROWNED BECAUSE I'M A HORRIBLE CRAZY PERSON YEAH TOTALLY NAILED IT YOU FUCKS,' and it's all sarcasm, and suddenly it's 'your confession'.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    The problem is that after being interrogated and accused relentlessly, it's easy to see a frustrated, broken person scream 'YEAH YOU'RE RIGHT I KILLED THE GUY I LOVED AND I DANCED AND TAPPED AND SNAPPED MY FINGERS AS HE DROWNED BECAUSE I'M A HORRIBLE CRAZY PERSON YEAH TOTALLY NAILED IT YOU FUCKS,' and it's all sarcasm, and suddenly it's 'your confession'.

I don't disagree with you at all....except for the life insurance. That always leaves an interesting twist to any story, especially considering they were not even married.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    well, i am sex starved, but i think he looks like an average, well kept, middle aged man. he is not a hideous beast.

but yes, there is a herman air (hair) to him.
    Yes, this. There are certainly uglier men.

I don't know about this one. Seems weird. Nothing makes much sense.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

This story never sense from the beginning...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

If they were close to getting married, it's entirely possible they'd already taken out policies for each other and stuff. My fiance and I are starting to go over all those things as we get closer to the date.

I am exhausted somI kind of skimmed but, did they ever find his body? No body makes it very hard to convict and she needs to,shut her mouth. Thinking you are smarter than everyone else is the downfall in most these cases. Even if commit the perfect crime you just have to play cat and mouse to get the satisfaction. Hope it bites her in the ass.

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

She screwed herself right away with her fb posts while they were looking for his body...I don't think they were too suspicious of her before then, if they were she wouldn't have seemed as bad if she acted like she cared that he was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    She screwed herself right away with her fb posts while they were looking for his body...I don't think they were too suspicious of her before then, if they were she wouldn't have seemed as bad if she acted like she cared that he was missing.
    She did? Maybe I missed something in the U.S>Aus translation. Sometimes I glance right over stuff that gets everyone else's antennae wiggling because a word has slightly different connotations here.

ETA or maybe I never saw them to begin with? Last timeline entry I can see is a vid on 29/4, so has she deleted shit that made her look bad?

https://m.facebook.com/lanzelika?fref=pb&_rdr

No wonder I didn't get the level of suspicion against her

Anyone get screenshots?
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-13-2015 at 11:17 PM.

In a week, she posted like 2 things about him being missing and nothing else. Maybe some pictures of him, but that was it. Then it was like normal everyday life.

Suspects lawyer says recovered body reportedly wearing very similar clothing to Vincent Viafore

http://www.people.com/article/body-f...-river-kayaker

Vincent Viafore reportedly disappeared during an April kayaking trip announced ton Saturday that they had located and removed a body.

The body was transported to the morgue in Orange County, New York, where an autopsy will be performed, the police said in a statement.

* The body was that of a male, a source tells PEOPLE.

"If the the body they found is Vincent Viafore, it will bring some closure to everyone involved about his disappearance," Richard Portale, the attorney for Viafore's fianc?e and accused killer, Angelika Graswald, tells PEOPLE.

Graswald has maintained her innocence to PEOPLE in three exclusive jailhouse interviews, and says she was "devastated" by his drowning.

On Sunday, Portale told PEOPLE that they were told that the clothing on the body recovered on Saturday was "very similar to the clothing worn by Vincent on April 19."

He believes the autopsy is being performed Sunday and he has submitted a written request to the Orange County medical examiner's office to have an independent autopsy expert present.

"We have not yet received confirmation that we can be present at the autopsy," he told PEOPLE. "We have yet to receive a response."

This is the second body recovered from the Hudson River in that vicinity within the last 11 days.

The investigation into a body found in the Hudson River on Saturday remains ongoing.

It'll be interesting if there are no injuries & the tox screen's clean. I wonder how they'll proceed if that happens
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-24-2015 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    I didn't realize they didn't have the body but I totally disagree with this. As I mentioned above, this whole thing screams of bullshit to me. No one plots a murder and then crazily breaks and brags about it so early in the game. It seems much more likely that they took her into interrogation immediately and pushed her so hard that she just snapped and screamed something stupid in sarcastic anger, which they're now using as a statement. It's happened many, many times with people.

Yeah, I'm not at all convinced. Maybe it'll turn out like April Milsap & they have massive amounts of hard evidence they're keeping to themselves, but until they release it I can't jump on the "guilty" side of the fence.

Police said all the people being cleared by the Innocence Project were guilty too.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Yeah, I'm not at all convinced. Maybe it'll turn out like April Milsap & they have massive amounts of hard evidence they're keeping to themselves, but until they release it I can't jump on the "guilty" side of the fence.

Police said all the people being cleared by the Innocence Project were guilty too.
    The West Memphis Three were basically convicted in the same way. Hours of YOU DID YOU PIECE OF SHIT and then finally the kid got mad and said you're right hail satan I totally murdered those kids for the dark lord just because he was stressed out and pissed off.

It has to be far more common than people realise. The fact that police are allowed to blatantly lie about evidence etc to people to gain "confessions" really shocked me when I found out, because that kind of thing gets cases thrown out in other countries, Australia included.

I realise it sometimes puts away disgusting pieces of shit who might otherwise walk, but it ends up ruining the lives a lot of innocent people too. It also does no justice to the victim & their family and puts people at risk when they think a threat has been removed when it hasn't.

It's shitty stuff all round & yeah, the West Memphis 3. I remember watching the doco down here years ago. It got to me because I knew if I'd been born there instead of here, that could've easily been me or a friend. I expect it had the same affect on everyone who was one of "those" kids.

I couldn't believe how long it took to get them out - it was like watching the Birmingham6/Guildford4 stuff all over again - infuriating.

Exactly. If you are ever being questioned for Gods sake, ask for a lawyer and clam up. Questioning a suspect isn't about finding out what happened. It's about getting someone, anyone, to confess.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Exactly. If you are ever being questioned for Gods sake, ask for a lawyer and clam up. Questioning a suspect isn't about finding out what happened. It's about getting someone, anyone, to confess.
    If you've ever watched "the first 48" it actually shows where most of the time- the police have nothing. They just start accusing, hoping that one spills the beans.
    I seldom see anybody ever ask for an attorney...except the very hardened criminals.

I think most people think they can "talk" their way out of it.

Anyway...it was Vincent that was found.
    A body pulled from the Hudson River on Saturday, May 23rd, was confirmed to be the missing kayaker Vincent Viafore.
    During a bail hearing, the prosecution reported that she told the police she had tampered with her fianc?’ s boat on purpose and that she “felt good knowing that he was going to die”, having a sense of relief as he went underwater. Her lawyer said that his client was compelled to confess that and the statements should not be taken for granted.

The prosecutors believe she had motive for committing the crime, as she was the one who would get the money for Viafore’s life insurance, worth a quarter of a million dollars, according to Julie Mohl, Assistant District Attorney. After her fianc?’s death she spoke about what she could do with the money.

Moreover, she allegedly stated that she felt trapped in the relationship and his death was her only way out.
    http://www.thesilverink.com/body-fou...kayaker/23268/

What a bizarre finding for an M.E to make? WTF does the kayak plug have to do with the autopsy? If LE actually has the kayak plug, shouldn't it be the subject of fingerprint examiner's report rather than the M.E's?

I guess this case is still as weird as ever.
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-10-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    I was also wondering how they could determine a plug was removed intentionally....unless it was cut where the plug connects to the ring.

I would think choppy waters would remove all fingerprints though.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Lots of info in this article but copypasta on my iPad is a dickhole

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/11/ny...cide.html?_r=0

Eta: obviously I know little about kayaks. I'm more of a tuber
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Thread Information