Thread: Ohio kindergarten teacher 'secretly filmed 25 students in bathroom using tiny hidden spy camera on the wall'

Ohio kindergarten teacher 'secretly filmed 25 students in bathroom using tiny hidden spy camera on the wall'

An Ohio kindergarten teacher who resigned in December following felony drug possession charges is accused of secretly recording his students in the bathroom.

Elliot Gornall, 32, a former teacher at R.F. McMullen Elementary School, is found to have allegedly used a tiny spy camera hung inside a plastic hook on the wall of his classroom's bathroom, according to prosecutors.

He had dozens of videos featuring 25 separate students on his personal computer which were taken by authorities during a drug raid at his home in November.

Gornall faces 25 felony charges including 23 counts of illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material or performance, as well as two counts of attempting the same crime.

If convicted, he could face up to 184 years in prison, according to the Mansfield News Journal.

He had worked in the district for four years following clean background checks and had been moved to the kindergarten classroom in 2014, according to officials.

Gornall was arrested on Friday and is being held in the Ashland County Jail, according to The Columbus Dispatch.

'The thought that a previously trusted kindergarten teacher would take advantage of young children in this way is horrifying,' said Ashland County Prosecutor Chris Tunnell in a statement announcing the charges on Saturday.

The former teacher was found to have not only filmed students in his homeroom but also kindergartners who came into his classroom for end-of-day activities, said district spokesman Matt Dole.

'He was well-liked by students, staff and parents,' said Annette Gorrell, principal at R.F. McMullen Elementary School. 'The betrayal is huge.'

Gornall taught both second and third-grade students before moving to the kindergarten classroom, and there is no indication that anything happened with his previous students, who he had taught before August, said Annette Gorrell, principal at the school.

Parents of the students learned of the incident on Saturday said they felt both betrayed and angry.

'First, it's anger. Then, you're upset. And then you just feel betrayed,' said John Carroll, a member of the school board and also a parent of a child who was videotaped. 'We feel so hurt that our child was violated in this way.'

Gornall resigned from teaching last year after being arrested for felony drug possession.

He was charged related to prescription-drug abuse and marijuana in December, along with a misdemeanor count of receiving stolen property when authorities said they discovered children's underwear while raiding his home in relation to the drug charges.

He pleaded not guilty to all of the charges.

Investigators then confiscated his home computer and contacted the school.

Gornall's computer was examined by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and videos were found dating back to around August 20 to mid-November, said Tunnell.

'We are responsible for every teacher and staff member who works here and when one of them breaks the law, we take it very seriously,' she said.

Investigators said none of the videos were uploaded online or shared in any way, and there is no indication any students were physically abused or touched inappropriately.

School officials said they do not plan to address their students about the allegations but will have counselors available, and a letter will go out to the district on Monday.

'The kindergartners are innocent,' said Gorrell. 'We are hoping that they don't have to hear about this.'

Gornall was taken into custody on Friday and is expected in court on Monday.

David Letterman is rolling over in his grave.

Wait.

He's dead, yeah?

What a fucking asshat this guy is. Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    David Letterman is rolling over in his grave.

Wait.

He's dead, yeah?

What a fucking asshat this guy is. Jesus Christ.
    Nope, definitely still among the living

He looks so normal. Gross. GROSS. Go to hell, you nasty scumbag. And quit desecrating David Letterman.

I wonder if his students were questioned about his behavior and if any of them have been inappropriately touched. They seem pretty comfortable saying he didn't abuse anyone, but his ownership of children's underwear is kind of a red flag. If he hadn't sexually exploited a child, it was only a matter of time until he did.

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    He looks so normal. Gross. GROSS. Go to hell, you nasty scumbag. And quit desecrating David Letterman.
    You can't really walk around looking like a skeeze to do this kind of thing or people will be suspicious of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    You can't really walk around looking like a skeeze to do this kind of thing or people will be suspicious of you.
    I was waiting for you to tell us how typical this is of white guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    I wonder if his students were questioned about his behavior and if any of them have been inappropriately touched. They seem pretty comfortable saying he didn't abuse anyone, but his ownership of children's underwear is kind of a red flag. If he hadn't sexually exploited a child, it was only a matter of time until he did.
    They probably found the videos when they were going through his house after his drug arrest, I would guess

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I was waiting for you to tell us how typical this is of white guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    nothing to understand. I'm an idiot. a missing girl in CA was spotted in FL when she wasn't even there, I made a lame joke about how all white girls that age look the same and I was horrible for trying to be funny because not even raccoon look the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Don't forget about how those black girls are loud.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Don't forget about how those black girls are loud.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    I think words is harmless, but she regularly says shit that I only expect out of some old ass crotchety white dude. This is just an example to show her how lame it is.

I think words is harmless, but she regularly says shit that I only expect out of some old ass crotchety white dude. This is just an example to show her how lame it is.
    You are being super nice today aren't you

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    You are being super nice today aren't you

Busted.

Yet I am the bitchy, passive aggressive one.....fair enough

Not being serious in anyway, for the record lol

Ju's last two posts:

Except there was nothing passive aggressive about it, and I was being fairly direct on my issue.

And yes, for what I'm used to in males, you're very bitchy. But hey, do you, booboo.
    Last edited by Shins; 03-12-2015 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    The way I read the last few paragraphs was that they weren't going to question the students because they don't think he touched any of them

School officials said they do not plan to address their students about the allegations but will have counselors available, and a letter will go out to the district on Monday. 'The kindergartners are innocent,' said Gorrell. 'We are hoping that they don't have to hear about any of this
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Thread Information