Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drake Kramer, 21, missing in Grand Canyon. Texts point to suicide.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Drake Kramer, 21, missing in Grand Canyon. Texts point to suicide.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...ng-6065512.php

Father: Son 'in good spirits' before being reported missing from Grand Canyon

The last time Robbin Kramer saw his son, Drake, they watched the film, "American Sniper," on Jan. 29.

"He was in good spirits," the father said by telephone from northern Arizona on Thursday. Family reported Drake L. Kramer missing from Grand Canyon National Park on Monday.

Though it had been a few days since he had seen his son, Robbin Kramer said it wasn't unusual.

"He works and had just started school," the father said, adding that his son has worked at a Lowe's Home Improvement store for a year and received an associate?s degree from Northwest Vista College.

School officials Wednesday confirmed his enrollment at the Unversity of Texas at San Antonio, where he is studying geology.

A series of text messages sparked concern for the family, who found out Sunday night that Drake Kramer had driven first to California and then the Grand Canyon. By Monday, the student sent a group text saying he "loved everybody and said he had to give his body to Mother Earth," his father said.

"We are trying to be positive," Robbin Kramer said. "He said he loves nature, and we are trying to believe that he wants to go be in nature and explore, be on his own and deal with whatever is going on in his mind.?

He said things seemed to be going fine for his son. "He's always been a very loving, very caring child," the father said. "He loves animals, he's been on the honor roll his entire life. He's a hard worker, and very frugal."

Authorities found Drake Kramer's car at the Bright Angel Lodge, where he checked in Saturday and checked out Sunday.

"It's not like him to travel by himself," Robbin Kramer said, though they believe he did travel alone. "It's kind of a surprise since he just started school."

The Grand Canyon is an area that Drake Kramer is known to love, his father said.

"He's been to the Grand Canyon three or four times," Robbin Kramer said. There are several spots he absolutely loves. Those have been the focus areas out here, where he has been before."

More than 40 national park service personnel are assigned to the search, Kirby-Lynn Shedlowski, acting public affairs officer at Grand Canyon National Park, said in a statement released Thursday.

Rescuers have combed dozens of miles of the canyon since Monday, searching the South Rim of the canyon, where he was last seen, and along the edges of canyon walls, and, in some cases, technical rappelling over the edge. They continue to use a park helicopter for more coverage by air, she said.

Drake Kramer is described as 5-feet-7-inches tall, 140 pounds with brown eyes and brown hair, and likes to wear either a backward-facing baseball cap or a bandanna. He also prefers dark-colored clothing.

Anyone who has information is asked to contact the park service?s Silent Witness Line at 928-638-7840.
    Drake's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/drake.kramer.7

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Yeah, that text doesn't just point to suicide, it screams it. Can't blame the parents for holding on to hope, but I'm sure they know it's suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yea his gone

The farthest west I've ever been is Chicago, so I have obviously never been anywhere close, but I would imagine it would be like searching for a needle in a haystack with how vast it is out there

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    The farthest west I've ever been is Chicago, so I have obviously never been anywhere close, but I would imagine it would be like searching for a needle in a haystack with how vast it is out there
    The Grand Canyon is unlike anything I've ever seen. My bet is there are a lot of suicide bodies that have never been/will never be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    The Grand Canyon is unlike anything I've ever seen. My bet is there are a lot of suicide bodies that have never been/will never be found.
    Sounds like Mount Everest. That place is literally littered with bodies, some of which are used as landmarks.

http://altereddimensions.net/2012/de...-mount-everest

i say i'm going to give OF my body to mother earth each time i pee in a park.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Holy fuckshit, there are dead body landmarks???
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Holy fuckshit, there are dead body landmarks???
    Yeah I saw a documentary on this. The serious question is why do people continue to climb this mountain knowing how dangerous it is, and how many people have died doing it?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Yeah I saw a documentary on this. The serious question is why do people continue to climb this mountain knowing how dangerous it is, and how many people have died doing it?
    Some people get off on doing shit that's supposed to kill them. I think sky divers are just as nuts.

ugh. that is so gross. turn left at the rotting canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    ugh. that is so gross. turn left at the rotting canadian.
    lol actually, it is so cold, it takes a long time for anything to decompose, so for the most part, they are totally intact

i'm pretty sure i remember ron saying he's done that and i thought it seemed so out of character for him. i don't think i would.

Noooo way with those bodies! Wtf. I'm not sure how they would move them though... It's not like you can scale Mt. Everest while dragging a frozen corpse.

Why do they leave the bodies there, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Why do they leave the bodies there, though?

Be cause it is incredibly dangerous. Quite a few people have died while trying to retrieve a body. You can hire shirpas and a get a helecopter to get someone, but obviously that is extremely expensive and is not really any safer, as a few shirpas have died while trying this. Sometimes, if the weather is good enough, people will climb to the body and push it over the side so it isn't on any of the main routes going up. And some will eventually get blown off the side of the mountain when the winds are strong enough. The terrible thing is, there are stories of people coming across climbers who have collapsed and cant go any further, and the most they can do usually is radio base camp about where the person is, and then leave them, basically to die alone, because stopping is deadly. And attempting to help them means you are using up oxygen and energy you can't spare if you hope to survive

What? No critters?

Yeah, I saw a story on this, too. Many people are left behind because they're too weak to go on. It's tragic, but if you stop, you're dead.

They absolutely take their lives in their hands when they choose to climb and they know it.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Yeah, I saw a story on this, too. Many people are left behind because they're too weak to go on. It's tragic, but if you stop, you're dead.

They absolutely take their lives in their hands when they choose to climb and they know it.
    It doesn't seem enticing to me at all. But then again, I am deathly afraid of heights.

This is about the extent of me being a daredevil when it comes to heights. It took me 25 minutes to talk myself into stepping out onto the glass lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    It doesn't seem enticing to me at all. But then again, I am deathly afraid of heights.

This is about the extent of me being a daredevil when it comes to heights. It took me 25 minutes to talk myself into stepping out onto the glass lol

Mad props to you, dude.

For some reason, this reminded me of an episode of The Amazing Race. They had to go down some massive water slide in Dubai and the girl member of the team was just crying and crying because she was afraid of heights. I turned to my youngest - she's always wanted to run The Amazing Race with me - and I told her she'd be getting a boot to the back. There is no crying in a race for a million dollars.
    Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 02-09-2015 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Mad props to you, dude.

For some reason, this reminded me of an episode of The Amazing Race. They had to go down some massive water slide in Dubai and the girl member of the team was just crying and crying because she was afraid of heights. i turned to my youngest - she's always wanted to run The Amazing Race with me - and I told her she'd be getting a boot to the back. There is no crying in a race for a million dollars.
    Amusement park stuff is nothing I want any part of, at least as far as coasters and other rides that are pretty much made to scare you. Which sucks for me, because I live an hour from Cedar Point, 3 hours from King's Island, an hour from Kennywood, an hour and a half from Geauga Lake before it closed, so I did alot of holding other peoples shit while they rode on coasters lol

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    ^^ jumaki, that's farther than my wife would have gone. She'd tell you that you were batshit crazy for doing that even!

But hey, kudos to you for at least going out and doing what you did!!! That's fucking awesome!

What did Garth sing about? "Life is not tried it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire"?

Awesome pic, too, by the way.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    ^^ jumaki, that's farther than my wife would have gone. She'd tell you that you were batshit crazy for doing that even!

But hey, kudos to you for at least going out and doing what you did!!! That's fucking awesome!

What did Garth sing about? "Life is not tried it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire"?

Awesome pic, too, by the way.
    Thanks! lol It's about 1350 feet up in the Sears Tower. The scariest part was that the building is built to sway with the wind, which you can feel when your that high up lol The view was amazing though. Almost made me forget that I was only like a 4 inch think window from death haha

I looked at Drake's facebook. So sad. He even tells his friends in one comment that he's a hippy.

And HOLY SHIT on the Mount Everest dead bodies. I did a google image search. I shouldn't be surprised that there are people that take selfies standing by the dead bodies, but I am.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I looked at Drake's facebook. So sad. He even tells his friends in one comment that he's a hippy.

And HOLY SHIT on the Mount Everest dead bodies. I did a google image search. I shouldn't be surprised that there are people that take selfies standing by the dead bodies, but I am.

I know, it's crazy. I was shocked when I had read about it for the first time a few years ago. For some reason, it really interested me more than it probably should have, so I have read tons and watched tons of videos about it lol. The fact that the bodies are so easily identifiable and in the same position as the last moments were alive, and knowing any relatives or friends or the people can google their name and see tons of pictures of their body, and the fact they are seen by hundreds of people each year, is somehow really strange to me.

Thread Information