Thread: Kelly Nash (25) was found dead in a lake more than a month after he went missing

Kelly Nash (25) was found dead in a lake more than a month after he went missing

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/lo...sing/21672147/

Search continues for missing 25-year-old Buford man

BUFORD, Ga. ? The search continues for a 25-year-old Buford man one week after his disappearance.

Kelly Nash was last seen at his Buford home in the early morning hours of Monday, Jan. 5. His girlfriend said she woke up at about 4:00 a.m. and he was coughing and sneezing, and he said that he wasn't feeling well. When she woke up again at about 7:30, Nash was gone.

Nash's family and police have been trying to come up with a solid timeline of what he was doing ? and who he was seeing ? just before he vanished.

Nash appeared on surveillance video at a Citgo station at Buford Dam Road and Little Mill Road, around the corner from his house, at about 9:00 p.m. the night before his disappearance.

"He got out of the car and walked into the gas station," said Beverly Nash, Kelly's mother, as she showed the video to 11Alive News.

In the footage, Nash was wearing his pajamas under his jacket. He was on the phone with his live-in girlfriend, making sure that he picked up everything they needed.

"There's Kelly coming into the store," he walks around for several minutes picking up items from the shelves, pays for them, "and there's Kelly coming back out of the gas station and getting back into his car."

And that's it -- the last known images of Kelly Nash.

He made it home uneventfully. But by 7:30 the next morning, Nash was gone. He left without his wallet, money, credit cards, ID, phone, and pickup truck. He was possibly still in his pajamas.

Family and friends have hired a private investigator who reportedly told a local newspaper on Monday, January 12, that Nash may have been seen the day before he disappeared in a rough part of Buford talking with some bad people.

The private eye later denied he said that. According to Nash's family, Gwinnett County Police told them there is no evidence that Nash was associating with anyone "bad."

"This is the problem, we can't find anything bad that Kelly was associated with," said Alan Nash, Kelly's father, "while we've tried.... You're trying to find a starting point. Is there something that he was doing that none of his family members would know? This was not a young man tied up in some dark-world situation."

Kelly Nash worked at his father's construction business. He was a full time college student about to earn his accounting degree. He spent what free time he had with his girlfriend, Jessica.

The convenience store video at about 4:30 the morning that Kelly disappeared does show a grainy, dark image outside, of someone passing by, but no one can tell who it is.

"It's basically impossible to know if that was Kelly," Alan Nash said. "If someone knows that that was them, in that video, I would love for them to come forward so we could, at least, strike that off saying, no, that wasn't him."

Kelly Nash owned a gun at one point -- a Glock 9mm. No one has been able to find it, but no one is sure if he even still owned it.

On Tuesday, volunteers will be going through the community passing out new flyers with a new, anonymous tip line that people can call with any information they may have.

"We feel like he's okay. And we're just looking for that one, small break, to help us find him, and give us something credible to work with," Nash said.

Alan Nash says the anonymous tip line's number is: 404-433-6323. You can also email tips to kellynashmissing@gmail.com.

The Gwinnett County Police Department's phone number is: 770-513-5300.

Family and friends are offering a $10,000 reward.

The searchers' command center is at 4460 Commerce Drive, Buford.
    Find Kelly Nash Facebook:

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2015...e_went_missing

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

OMG! I spelled "disappears " wrong in the subject line!

I assume they checked hospitals?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I assume they checked hospitals?
    I would think so. It's the first thing I'd do.

Also, from his Find Kelly Nash Facebook:

**IMPORTANT**
    This is Alan Nash, Kelly's father. I want to clear up an erroneous report made today. The media has been wonderful to us to date in helping us all with our efforts in getting Kelly home. That said, there was one report today that was not factual in content regarding this situation. Please understand that we have had tips from over 250 sources but none yet after investigating, have come back as credible leads in finding Kelly. Among those tips was one implying the "they MAY have seen him in an area where he shouldn't have been in Buford" This was checked out and found to be not credible. There is zero proof of him having any other form of communication outside his Iphone. The report was built around nothing but speculation that has already been checked out and dismissed as not credible. I apologize to all that have had to endure this incorrect reporting of information.

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/new...issing-buford/

More details from above link...

EDITOR'S NOTE: In an earlier version of this story, private investigator TJ Ward was quoted as saying he had received leads on Kelly Nash "dealing with bad people." After reading the story online, Ward backtracked and denied that he had said that.

Monday morning, as the search for Kelly Nash reached the one-week mark, private eye TJ Ward discussed several components of his investigation.

Surveillance footage perhaps showed the 25-year-old walking past a nearby gas station, he said. There were rumors of the missing Buford man having a second “throwaway” phone. There was talk that perhaps Nash had been “in a bad part of Buford the day before” with “bad people.”

Ward later backtracked, claiming that he never said the latter, but his words offered valuable insight into a case with hundreds of tips and very few facts — a case where everything has to be considered.

“We don’t have any leads that are verifiable,” Kelly Nash’s father, Alan, said Monday. “So therefore to us they’re not leads, they’re ghosts.”

Kelly Nash, a 25-year-old Georgia Gwinnett College student, has been missing since about 4 a.m. on Jan. 5, when his girlfriend saw him in the living room of their home on Buford’s Jimmy Dodd Road. Sometime between then and 7 a.m., police believe he left the house without his keys, wallet, car or cellphone.

Throughout last week, the Nash family, a horde of volunteers and search-and-rescue expert Tracy Sargent organized a massive search effort, going door-to-door and examining wooded areas in a five-mile radius around Nash’s home. None of it produced Nash and, on Sunday, they called off the day-to-day ground searches.

“First of all we would like to thank everyone who has been able to come to the Command Center and assist with our ground search this week,” a post on the “Kelly Nash Missing” Facebook page said. “We have completed the initial ground search operations however if we receive additional leads we may organize further ground search operations in the future.”

Alan Nash said his family and law enforcement have received over 200 tips, many along the lines of “we think we saw Kelly here, we think we saw Kelly there.” Ward, who was hired by the family to perform an investigation parallel to that of the Gwinnett County Police Department, said Monday that surveillance footage from a Citgo station near Nash’s home may show the missing man walking by at about 4:20 a.m. on the day he disappeared.

Alan Nash confirmed his family received a call that his son may have been sighted with “bad people,” but referred to it as just that — one call.

“It’s not verifiable,” he said. “We can’t even find anybody that knows of Kelly even knowing ‘bad people.’”

With the daily searches called off, Alan Nash said efforts have now been refocused on distributing flyers, which advertise the $10,000 reward offered in the case and a new anonymous tip line. Anyone with information can now call 404-433-6323, a private line not affiliated with law enforcement.

Information can also be submitted by emailed kellynashmissing@gmail.com or by calling the Gwinnett County police and Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office tip lines — 770-513-5300 and 770-619-6655, respectively.

Kelly Nash is described as a 6-foot-2, 230-pound white male and was last seen in blue plaid pajama pants and tan Sperry boat shoes. He has no history of mental illness, drug abuse or trouble with the law.

After a week, his whereabouts were still unknown. The circumstances surrounding his disappearance hadn’t gotten any clearer.

“We don’t have a starting point in this case,” Alan Nash said Monday. “That’s the hard part.”

Do you think people call in with false leads intentionally ? Or do you think there honest mistakes ? 250 leads all amounting to nothing

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    Do you think people call in with false leads intentionally ? Or do you think there honest mistakes ? 250 leads all amounting to nothing
    Bet on both. The reason for that is that there are good people out there who hear of a situation where someone is missing and truly do think that they have seen someone who may be the person. They don't mean to provide a false lead, they just really don't want the person to be the one and miss the opportunity to tell someone. Then there are others who may just get off on saying "Yo, I saw that cat last night at the Wal Mart on East 57th and Hulen. He was with three shady looking characters." - A totally false report. And it's unfortunate that police have to check out the leads, no matter how ludicrous or out of character.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/new...7d-as-missing/

They found him. In a river. He's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/new...7d-as-missing/

They found him. In a river. He's dead.
    Not another one!

I've mentioned there are so many murder-suicides that we should have a whole section to post all the articles in. Seems like we should also have one for males gone missing and found dead in a river.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/gunshot...an-foun/nkr4g/

Looks like this one didn't just get drunk and fall into a body of water and drown.

A gunshot wound was discovered on the body of Kelly Nash, the missing Gwinnett County man found in Lake Lanier earlier this year.

Nash, 25, went missing from his Buford home on Jan. 5, triggering an intensive manhunt and a $50,000 reward. A fisherman discovered the Georgia Gwinnett College student?s body in Lake Lanier a month later.

Authorities at the time were mum on the cause of death, saying only that foul play was not suspected. Hall County Sheriff?s Office authorities confirmed Sunday, however, that a gunshot wound had been discovered on Nash?s body.

The location of the gunshot wound was not released. Capt. Sean McCuskar said the department also would not comment one way or another on the possibility of foul play until the medical examiner?s full report came back.

At the time of Nash?s disappearance, authorities said that he left his keys, cellphone and wallet at home, but that a handgun was believed to be missing.

Sounds like suicide but I guess until they release where the gunshot wound was located, it's just speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Thanks for the update! I had checked a month or so ago because I was curious about this one, but I didn't find anything. People drown in Lake Lanier all the time, so I figured that's what happened here. Gunshot, eh? Weird.

And I don't mean to nitpick () ... the header says he was found dead in a river, but it's a lake. Big lake. ("Dong, where is my automobile?" Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Maybe a mod can fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

The U.S really does have a lot of missing guys turn up in rivers/bodies of water. I don't think it happens here that often at all - & we have no shortage of bars & drunk parties near harbours, beaches, lakes, pools, rivers, creeks, canals etc - so are our numbers low or are U.S numbers high? It really is kind of weird, cos if you see a "Missing Man Found In River/Lake/Pond" article, 99.9% of cases are U.S.

I don' t get it?

I'm watching a Disappeared special on this guy right now! Weird.

Very curious case. I just don't get the suicide vibe here AT ALL. I'm going to bet he got shot somewhere other then one that would indicate suicide. I think he may have seen or heard something and got up, grabbed his gun and walked outside leaving the door slightly ajar and somehow crossed paths w/someone who took him somewhere else...maybe the dock where the dogs hit on early on and he was forced at gun point to walk out there and was shot and fell in water OR he was shot and carried out to the water, thinking he was dead the killer took him out further and dumped him or just put him in right there where he then drowned. I don't think the autopsy will show the gunshot wound killed him. I bet he was shot with his own gun which should have been found right there at the dock but didn't turn up during that massive search. More details will come pointing to foul play.

I started watching the Disappeared special on Kelly while I was at the gym last night and got halfway through. I say suicide

This was his girlfriend at the time - apparently she used to be a drug user and her ex-husband is also dead? https://www.facebook.com/jessica.dan...exton?fref=ufi

Last edited by IzzyCooper; 08-19-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Bump* has anyone found a cause of death on this poor fella ?
    I know he was shot and found in a river but was it murder or suicide ? Shouldn't we know by now ?

Also this is interesting : http://visionandpsychosis.net/Miss_Nash.htm

http://crimefeed.com/2015/04/disappe...lly-nash-case/

I'm going though the comments on the crimefeed link now.A lot of shade being thrown at his girlfriend. but no one that seems to know her.
    Last edited by Kelly-Jane; 11-26-2015 at 08:58 PM.

I think I'm going with suicide. Wouldn't something happen by now if it were more? Either asking for people to come forward with information, or an arrest? The missing pages for him just plan stopped after he was found, besides them posting about the show being made about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Gwinnett medical examiner?
    Someone could email them and get the report?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Thread Information