Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lynn Messer's (52) remains were found two years after she was reported missing

I really don't think *HE* killed her, that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

He is full of shit. All his quotation marks and his pretend surprise in the statement, he is just trying to strengthen the idea that he has JUST learned all this. He knew where she was.

It appears very “probable” that the remains of Lynn's body “may” have been found. An FBI forensics team has been on location just under a mile from our home. This location is very close to the back border of the farm (as I have been told).

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...088cc30e4.html

STE. GENEVIEVE, Mo. - The skeletal remains found in eastern Missouri's Ste. Genevieve County are probably those of a woman married to a prominent Missouri lobbyist, authorities said Wednesday.

Lynn Messer, wife of lobbyist Kerry Messer, disappeared from the family's farm in July 2014, triggering a massive search and embroiling the state capital in speculation.

Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff Gary Stolzer said a body found on the family farm Tuesday evening was "likely her." The remains were spotted by the Messers' son, who was scouting for deer Tuesday evening.

"They will at least be able to lay her to rest," Stolzer said. "That's part of closure."

But the sheriff said other answers might never come.

"Everybody wants to know what happened," he said. "We may never know."

The investigation has been turned over to the FBI. Stolzer said there were no signs of foul play at this point, but he stressed that his own involvement in the investigation was minimal.

A pathologist will study the remains in a process that could take weeks. The sheriff did not rule out that a suspect could later be named. "Anything is possible," he said.

Lynn Messer was 52 when she was reported missing from a 250-acre family farm near Bloomsdale.

The announcement that a body was found on the property has some neighbors wondering how it was previously overlooked.

William Smith, 62, owns a home nearby. He said helicopters searching for Lynn Messer flew so low to the ground that they scared his horses.

"If they had focused on their property instead of everybody else's they probably would have found her two years ago," Smith said.

But the sheriff said finding a body was harder than it seems, particularly in a wooded area such as the one in which the remains were found Tuesday. He said the spot was thick with trees on a hillside that adjoined an open field.

"Did you ever go into a heavily wooded area with foliage and low-hanging branches?" he asked. "It's like a needle in a haystack."

Aarron Messer, Lynn and Kerry Messer's son, said he had been in touch with authorities Tuesday night about the discovery, but he would not comment further on particular details. Abram Messer, their other son, would not comment.

Kerry Messer, a Jefferson City lobbyist, leads the Missouri Family Network.

He said he was too busy to talk with a reporter when contacted Wednesday about noon.

Later Wednesday, he appeared to have posted on Facebook that a skull and other bones had been found near the "back border of the farm" about a mile from the couple's house.

"There were a couple of other items which cause us to believe these 'most likely' are Lynn's remains," was written on a Facebook page entitled "Find Lynn Messer" maintained by Kerry Messer.

"I have been told the remains do in fact have artificial hips (as well as eye glasses) -- but it will take several days, weeks, or even up to a couple of months to confirm this is absolutely Lynn. With what I have been told, it would appear almost certainly to be her, but absolute confirmation must be established as we hold our breaths," said the post.

The post said the area where the remains were found Tuesday had been searched early on after Lynn's disappearance.

The post also thanked supporters and asked, "please be in prayer for our family, which has been torn apart by all the stress and circumstances surrounding this past 28 months ordeal. I have no idea what will transpire moving forward from today."

In the past year, the missing person case has caused a rift within the Messer family, with Kerry Messer's sons expressing doubts about aspects of their father?s accounting of events.

Abram and Aarron Messer said their father initially denied to authorities that Lynn Messer had been suffering from depression, and then later changed his story. They questioned his request to authorities to keep the contents of a note their mother appeared to have left behind from both of his sons. And they said their father had begun a relationship with a woman shortly after their mother disappeared.

One neighbor now hopes that Tuesday's discovery will settle the matter.

"Hopefully they found her so they can get some closure," said Preston Williams, 48, who lives nearby. "You hear so much hearsay, there is a lot of talk around everywhere."
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

It's her
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    It's her
    I'm happy know that her sons will be able to care for her one last time. As for her husband, I don't know what he did, but I think there was something. I also think its totally creepy for him to keep calling her his "Bride." My husband and I have been married for about 26 years and if he called me that, I think I would have to have him evaluated. That word should be used by people in their 20s who just got back from their honeymoon.

https://www.facebook.com/abram.messer?fref=ts - the son who suspects the husband

https://www.facebook.com/abram.messer?fref=ts - the son who suspects the husband
    Dude doesn't really post very often, huh?

So apparently Lynn's case is being featured today on the new series of Disappeared. If anyone has a link, I would love to watch.

So apparently Lynn's case is being featured today on the new series of Disappeared. If anyone has a link, I would love to watch.
    They only have a small clip out right now. Maybe later today it should be featured on their web site.

https://youtu.be/kzvtJiHYHUw

Just watched it. Hubby for sure.

Dang it my phone won't let me post the link- Aarron Messer, the other son just posted on his FB about tonight's episode.

Just watched it. Never got into this case, and decided not to read this thread until I have watched it. The son's wife seems a little over dramatic at some points, that made me laugh. But I'm on the husband did it camp, for sure. wonder why he wasn't on the episode? You'd think if he wants to show he's not the one who did it, he would participate...just seems strange to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

What I don't get (while watching the episode last night) was they mentioned that quite a few times she took the wrong medication (and wrecked her car) and/or took too much. If that happened, I think they said at least 3 times, why would they allow her to continue to take the medicine on her own?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

They kept making a point to say how she could get lost a lot, too. It all just seemed weird.
    But the whole suicide incident before and everything and how the husband reacted to everything was just so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    They kept making a point to say how she could get lost a lot, too. It all just seemed weird.
    But the whole suicide incident before and everything and how the husband reacted to everything was just so weird.
    Yep. The husband flipped out and denied she was on meds for depression....seems he was so against people knowing that, that it is possible she overdosed and he got rid of her body to cover it up so no one would know.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

A new romantic relationship and a fake suicide note from Kerry brought more tension to Kerry and Abram’s relationship.
    “He started telling people about this friendship with Spring. He admitted to the pastor that he had written a fake suicide note. I’ll admit [the note] worked when I initially discovered it. I immediately shared it with law enforcement. Then he told me it was fake and that showed me what he was capable of.”
    http://themissouritimes.com/35308/so...er-come-clean/

Other interesting stuff in this article:
    Lynn went to confront her husband’s mistress, Spring, two weeks before she disappeared.

Kerry told his son he was going to hand the farm land over to him for when (not if) “this investigation goes south” so his son wouldn’t be left without a home.

It was revealed to the Missouri Times that Lynn Messer had and was taking*diazepam, a prescription anti-anxiety medication. Lynn Messer talked to women at her church about her long term anxiety.
    “Then we have these questions of depression,” Messer said. “Lynn has had the same thing that many, many people do where their medical doctor prescribes an anti-anxiety medication. It’s not anti-depression medication. It’s totally different things and she’s never seen a mental health professional in her life. Would she have been diagnosed as clinically depressed? I think there is a time when most all of us, at some point could possibly be diagnosed. It’s such a fuzzy thing. There’s never been such a diagnosis, there’s never been any evidence. To me, it’s misleading to have a big focus on someone being ‘depressed’ when there is no evidence that says there is a diagnosis of being depressed, she’d never been treated for depression in a clinical sense. That’s where the discrepancy comes from. That’s a misleading term.”
    http://themissouritimes.com/29221/re...-missing-wife/

It’s almost impossible to kill yourself with benzodiazepines unless you take them with a lot of alcohol or opioids. Did Lynn drink? If not, she didn’t die from an overdose of Valium.

Quote Originally Posted by Endnote View Post
    A new romantic relationship and a fake suicide note from Kerry brought more tension to Kerry and Abram’s relationship.
    “He started telling people about this friendship with Spring. He admitted to the pastor that he had written a fake suicide note. I’ll admit [the note] worked when I initially discovered it. I immediately shared it with law enforcement. Then he told me it was fake and that showed me what he was capable of.”
    http://themissouritimes.com/35308/so...er-come-clean/

Other interesting stuff in this article:
    Lynn went to confront her husband’s mistress, Spring, two weeks before she disappeared.

Kerry told his son he was going to hand the farm land over to him for when (not if) “this investigation goes south” so his son wouldn’t be left without a home.
    but on the disappeared episode Lynn told her daughter in law that she wanted her husband to be with Spring if anything happened to her...

Strange bunch, these folks. Abram and his wife are as phony as the day is long. I'm not surprised he failed his polygraph, because there is something very off about him.

It was revealed to the Missouri Times that Lynn Messer had and was taking*diazepam, a prescription anti-anxiety medication. Lynn Messer talked to women at her church about her long term anxiety.
    ?Then we have these questions of depression,? Messer said. ?Lynn has had the same thing that many, many people do where their medical doctor prescribes an anti-anxiety medication. It?s not anti-depression medication. It?s totally different things and she?s never seen a mental health professional in her life. Would she have been diagnosed as clinically depressed? I think there is a time when most all of us, at some point could possibly be diagnosed. It?s such a fuzzy thing. There?s never been such a diagnosis, there?s never been any evidence. To me, it?s misleading to have a big focus on someone being ?depressed? when there is no evidence that says there is a diagnosis of being depressed, she?d never been treated for depression in a clinical sense. That?s where the discrepancy comes from. That?s a misleading term.?
    http://themissouritimes.com/29221/re...-missing-wife/

It?s almost impossible to kill yourself with benzodiazepines unless you take them with a lot of alcohol or opioids. Did Lynn drink? If not, she didn?t die from an overdose of Valium.

Like Nic mentioned above, on Disappeared, Lynn's sister said she had pain meds, sleeping pills and antidepressants, and, on more than one occasion, had taken the wrong meds.

I really enjoyed Abram's flamboyancy lol.

I think the husband did it 100%.

The rest of the family, apart from the husband, have made their own page for her.

https://www.facebook.com/findlynnmesserii/?fref=ts

This page is for updates and comments on the Lynn Messer case. Kerry has chosen to censor everyone on his page including her sons. Rest in peace Lynn.

This is a note from her son Aarron about the show

A few reflections from Investigation Discovery, Disappeared. First Thank You to the staff, all your hard work this past year truly matters, as you have diligently told difficult stories bearing with us in our loss. What an excellent presentation of the mystery and confusion that we have experienced in not understanding how mom could go missing. Their efforts have shared our struggles and pain with a much broader audience then we could ever hope to reach alone. I would like to say a special thanks to a man whose name I didn't see on the credits, Boaz you know who you are and your kindness and understanding as an interviewer is immeasurable. He spends everyday sitting with hurting, angry, heartbroken, and frustrated families who are desperate for answers and he is so patient, caring and too Marissa Thank You! Your hours of phone calls, emails, coordinating and communicating just to pull together our story. If you can imagine, every story told by Disappeared is a missing person case, it was bizarre and unprecedented that my mothers remains would be found just as their interviews were being concluded. The purpose of the show is always and has always been to help bring attention and to shine a light in the dark so that anyone who has answers can be encouraged too speak up and out. While we were being interviewed and as the show was prepared we had no idea that mom would be found. I am so thankful that they told our story even after finding her.
    For many of you who are intimately familiar with our lives you saw some liberties expressed about the specific activities of the day before mom disappeared and some mild misstatements. Note this show was designed to tell about my mother and our families life, it did so in a concise way, yes there is no legislative session in July. No I wasn't working on the farm with my brother and mom and dad that day. Those liberties served a purpose in presenting a beautiful picture of our lives they also made a choice to protect our children and not discuss them in the context of our pain. Yes this was just a glimpse of the events surrounding mom's disappearance, and they only presented the timeline as verified by multiple sources. Thank you to the Ste Genevieve Sheriffs department for boldly speaking openly about the unknowns and for keeping relevant facts of the current investigation close too the chest and private, and thank you NBC for respecting that. Clearly there are so many more unanswered question, if you know anything about how mom came to be placed in those woods please call the Sheriffs Office.
    Finally, an enormous thank you to the actors and technical staff of NBC. Everyday someone says too me I can't imagine what it's like to be in your shoes... I hope that by sharing our story you can share a glimpse of the unknown that we share with so many hurting people. I belong now too a much smaller group, those who have found their missing loved ones, I too have been where those hurting unanswered ones are today still waiting and wondering where is my loved one, we share in your pain you are not alone, tell your story share of your loved ones let their memory be celebrated and their lives not overshadowed by the mystery surrounding them but magnified and shared we must bare one another up. Thank you all.

https://www.facebook.com/aarronmesse...11896801832693
    Last edited by Olivia; 03-28-2017 at 02:53 PM.

I really enjoyed Abram's flamboyancy lol.

I think the husband did it 100%.

I won't fall over dead from shock if it ends up that the husband killed her, but if he did, his best bet would be to push the depression/suicide angle. It's not terribly far-fetched considering her history. So why is he so hell-bent on convincing people she wasn't depressed and wasn't on antidepressants, and why would he want to keep the almost-suicide/cat massacre a secret? It's his best defense, imo.

The son's story about losing his temper with his mom shortly before she disappeared ... the way he described it as if he was talking about someone other than himself ... that was weird. And he said, "What is going on here?" so many times, I started to think he knew exactly wtf was going on. I don't know.

At this point, I find the son to be just as suspicious as the husband, but I still think there's a good chance she killed herself (whether on purpose or by accidental OD).

The morning Lynn was gone, Kerry created a fake suicide note for her. He lied to the FBI about this fake suicide note, but eventually admitted that he wrote it. He should have been arrested at this time, imo.

In the fake suicide note, he tried to blame Lynn's death on a short argument Lynn had with her son. What an outrageously passive-aggressive shitty person! The police can't arrest him soon enough.

I feel like their family is super dysfunctional. My thoughts are this

- Kerry is a control freak, disciplinarian, crazy religious father.
    - Lynn had depresison, anxiety, lots of medical issues.
    - Abram is maybe hiding some personal preferences, possibly because of the strict religious father.
    - Both sons harbour a LOT of resentment towards Kerry (rightly so)
    - Kerry got sick of Lynn's issues and wanted to be with Spring. However, he didn't want to be seen as an adulterer due to his religious issues. I think he probably suffocated her/killed her some other way and dumped her body where they moved the cows to the next day. There is the chance that Lynn found out about Spring and killed herself, BUT Kerry is acting too off to have no involvement.

Aarron has written some info about the 'note' - interesting stuff

https://www.facebook.com/notes/aarro...54833230904869
    Attached Images Attached Images

The morning Lynn was gone, Kerry created a fake suicide note for her. He lied to the FBI about this fake suicide note, but eventually admitted that he wrote it. He should have been arrested at this time, imo.

In the fake suicide note, he tried to blame Lynn's death on a short argument Lynn had with her son. What an outrageously passive-aggressive shitty person! The police can't arrest him soon enough.
    Word. I don't see how they didn't arrest him when he admitted it was fake.. or after he directed to move the fucking cows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Thread Information