Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lynn Messer's (52) remains were found two years after she was reported missing

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    I'm glad to see conversation developing about this. When. I read his Facebook, I was, like, WTF??

I can't say he was involved, but I find the whole mystery very intriguing.

Suicide? Possible. But if you had access to tons of pain pills, and were in severe pain, how far would you wander to end your life?

Did he find her and hide her to save his ego? I don't know. He seems like the kind of guy who would wallow in that kind of attention.

Weird. Totally.

I've pondered all of that, too (and yes, I think he loves the attention). I wondered if she ran off, but I think she would have taken her boot if she wanted to function (and heal) well. So did she leave without the boot because it wasn't important due to that fact she intended to end her life, or did something happened to her inside the house after she had taken off the boot?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Suicide is considered a sin to holy rollers
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    Yep. When I was big into church and struggling with suicide they straight up tell you that if you commit suicide you go to hell.

It really depends on the church/denomination.

To Christians -- generally -- suicide is considered a sin because it is, essentially, "self-murder". Whether or not it's forgivable is where interpretations differ.

These days, the more moderate churches (and I'm speaking more of Protestant faiths than Catholic ... I know more about Protestant stuff than Catholic stuff) teach that once you are "saved," you're saved. Period. (And no, that doesn't mean you can just do terrible stuff whenever you want ... just in case someone was going to say that.) So even if someone commits a "sin" by taking their own life, that doesn't mean that person is going straight to hell.

And some churches just teach people that they're damned to hell no matter what they do (Baptists, for instance, haha).

This concludes your Sunday School lesson
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I know a man who was Catholic and committed suicide. The parish he belonged to would not let him have a funeral at their church, or be buried in the cemetery affiliated with the church.

This was about 10 years ago, and I have heard the Catholic Church is trying to work with families and be more sympathetic towards them.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I was raised Christian, Tupelo, and you are right. But I was told that not only is it a sin, but you go to hell because you can't ask for forgiveness because you're dead. Which makes zero sense to me. I go to hell for killing myself, but some dude rapes and kills women, finds jesus in prison and gets forgiven and goes to heaven? Fuck outta here.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Let me help with the prison part...if you want to survive in prison-aka-not get raped and beaten- you need to do one of a few things: become Muslim. Join the white supremacist group, join one of the multiple gangs available to you or have contraband...and an unlimited supply. A large group choose Muslim. It offers safety, a legal name change, (no joke), and special diet. This has nothing to do with forgiveness. It is chosen for protection. Just the prison FYI...

These posts of his on Facebook make me want to legit vomit.

December 1st, 2014.

My Greatest Thanksgiving - My Most Treasured Gift!

Our Faith Journey, part VI of VI ? August 20, 1977
    The Single Most Cherished and Blessed Memory of My Life!
    (Okay, you can begin now...)

Think for a moment - what is the most precious gift you have ever been given? Will you share that with me after reading this post? I will treasure mine for as long as I live! It is the single greatest Thanksgiving Treasure I have ever been given!

You will notice in Lynn's picture here that she is wearing a heart shaped diamond necklace. How many hundreds it costs was a non issue to me. If I had been able to afford more, I would have gotten one with bigger diamonds. However, Lynn's parents were not too happy with me giving her such an elaborate and expensive gift. We were pretty young and her parents were somewhat taken aback by such a gift. I gave it no thought, but I had to take it back for a time. But it has been one of Lynn's most precious treasures, and she wears it quite often! Yet it was not her most favorite gift.

When I was nine years old my parents gave me a Bible for my birthday. It was very meaningful to me and I learned to truly appreciate it. But by my 15th birthday, I wanted a study Bible. One with all those cross references that I saw some other folks had. I had gone through some spiritual growing pains and I needed a Bible that I could use and study better.

So my parents got me a new Bible, and I fell in love with it. After a year or so I learned that it is okay to write notes in your Bible and began going so. Sparingly, but nonetheless I have always marked short notations or additional cross references as I have studied it.

Today, on my 56th birthday I have been using this same Bible for over 90% of all my Bible study for 40 years. It has become one of my more precious possessions. Complete with 40 years of notes and markings, I can often look at a simple handwritten word or underlined verse and remember the key points to meaningful sermons from years ago. I would be heartbroken to lose my Bible. But as precious as even my Bible is to me, it is not as treasured as the Greatest Gift I have ever been given!

I'm going to take you to the very spot and time - August 20th, thirty seven years ago - when and where I received the Greatest Gift I have ever been given! But it might not be what you are expecting me to be writing about. It has come to my attention that some folks have jumped to conclusions about what my repeated references to August 20th means. But they are wrong. You have read me saying, "but, not yet??" Now I finally get to tell you what this means!
    You can see more at his BLECHY Facebook.

Question - Why don't we have a "bag of wind" emoticon?

I could use one here.

Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 12-08-2014 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

How can anyone read that and think he's sane?
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    How can anyone read that and think he's sane?
    It looks like he spends HOURS sitting on that Facebook. And all of it is the same ol', same ol'.

"Blah, blah, blah. Me, me, me. I'm super awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    These posts of his on Facebook make me want to legit vomit.

You can see more at his BLECHY Facebook.

Question - Why don't we have a "bag of wind" emoticon?

I could use one here.

that was the only paragraph i made it through.

what a piece of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    If he didn't kill her, he assisted in her suicide. Once it comes out, he's going to say God told him to do it.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    If he didn't kill her, he assisted in her suicide. Once it comes out, he's going to say God told him to do it.
    Yep. It was a "mercy killing".
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

We are waaayyyyy past the bag of wind emoticon with this moron...we're at the "flaming douchbag" emoticon...yet one is still not available...perhaps summers eve will have one in their next ad?

http://www.people.com/article/myster...ouri-farm-wife

Recent People Magazine article.

His Facebook is still delightfully active.

I still think he killed her.

Oh lord...thank God he acknowledged national short girl day. And that she loves making snowballs. And repeatedly calls her his "bride"...something about him just makes me wanna arrest him personally...

They were pro life activists and good friends of Todd Akin. Would be a hoot if a pro life nutcase who believes a woman's body can stop conception from rape, murders his wife. Please let it be so.

There's much more at the link than I copy/pasted. My tablet really doesn't like the Missouri Times web site, and I don't have the patience to keep trying to copy all of it!

http://themissouritimes.com/29221/re...-missing-wife/

Messer answers questions raised about missing wife

(May 4, 2016) FESTUS, Mo. ? A source who had direct contact with Lynn Messer and remained close to the 22-month long investigation into the disappearance of the wife of decades-long conservative lobbyist Kerry Messer is raising questions about her disappearance.

Since July 8, 2014, when Lynn disappeared, Messer has experienced dramatic weight loss and been confronted with countless rumors.

"I've been accused of everything in the book. I've been accused of bailing my wife up in a bailer, I've been accused of burying her, I've been accused of feeding her to hogs-- we don't even own any hogs," Messer said. "It's taken me a long time dealing and being able to talk about some of that stuff. There are naysayers who continue to throw accusations out about people who disagree with my politics or positions on issues. People who know zero about Lynn and me."

Just weeks ago, while Messer roamed the building representing his clients, some publications were calling lawmakers asking if Messer had been arrested.

Despite false accusations and bad tips, questions have arisen regarding the investigation. Additionally, in going through the grieving process, Messer has found companionship in a family friend named Spring Thomas. It has been further revealed from those close to Lynn Messer that she was prescribed anti-anxiety medication and struggled with anxiety in recent years, despite investigation-long claims from Kerry Messer that Lynn was not receiving mental health treatment. Messer has also shared Lynn*left a note before she left.

"If anything happens to me, I want him to marry Spring Thomas," Lynn Messer reportedly told someone the day before she went missing.

"I found out, 11 months after Lynn disappeared, I found out that the people who knew, the law enforcement who knew, never told me that less than 12 hours from Lynn?s disappearance, she pulled someone aside and told them that if anything were to happen to her, I was supposed to marry this lady," Messer said. "So, while she did disappear, it really, on top of all the other emotional toil and upset and everything, stuck in my mind. And that resulted in our starting of conversations. [Spring] was in a tailspin over it, because she knew nothing of it beforehand. Anyway, we weren?t talking marriage, but I was talking with her, because that was stuck in my head."

Messer said Lynn had mentioned Spring before in marital conversations.

"Several years ago, many, many years ago, Lynn and I had ongoing conversations, because in a married couple, eventually one is going to die. After we processed that, her plan, because we don?t have a real job, I?m a full time volunteer lobbyist, I live off donations. It?s not like we've got a big, hearty pension plan of some sort, so Lynn's plans were if something were to happen to me, she would build her a 50-sow farrowing house and go into the hog business so she wouldn?t have to get a Walmart greeter job. She could stay on the farm and make enough income to get by and I never could figure out what I would do. After several years of having that destroying conversation, she's the one that initiated the idea that, if anything were to ever happen to her, for me to marry. We talked that through. Through talking through that, we very pragmatically gave each other permission to be remarried.
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Mega douche. Wow. I have no clue how I missed this thread, but if Narcissism and Delusions of Grandeur had a love child, this is him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Mega douche. Wow. I have no clue how I missed this thread, but if Narcissism and Delusions of Grandeur had a love child, this is him.
    Hell yes, what a dick!

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2016/07/...nevieve-woman/

NEW CLUES: Missing Ste. Genevieve Woman Lynn Messer

(July 7, 2016)ST. LOUIS (KMOX) -- Two years after Lynn Messer vanished from her Ste. Genevieve County farm, her family is fighting over what really happened that night.

Husband Kerry Messer, 57, a conservative Jefferson City lobbyist, is revealing new details about a handwritten note it's believed his then-52-year-old wife left behind.

"It's some kind of a note of finality," Kerry said, "but I don't know what that means, and to this day I do not understand it."

The Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff confirms the note is a piece of evidence in the case.

"The letter was analyzed by the FBI," said Department Spokesman Major Jason Schott. "They cannot 100 percent say that it was her's, but they feel possibly it was her's."

Kerry Messer says it's a puzzling note that can be taken different ways.

"The first line was an apology," Messer said. "It was an 'I'm sorry to put you through this ... I love you from the bottom of my heart.'"

From there, Kerry Messer said the note reveals "some conflicts she was going through," but stopped short of declaring an intention of suicide.

"The most declarative thing was she signed the note, 'Sorry Everyone,' and that was it," Messer said.

The Cats in the Barn

Six months before Lynn Messer disappeared, she almost killed herself, according to her son Abram Messer.

"After I asked her several times about it," Abram said, "she said, 'I went out to the barn to kill myself, and I shot the cats instead.'"

Abram Messer, 34, says the killing of the cats deeply troubled the family, but he says his father minimized it and failed to disclose it -- even when investigators probing her disappearance asked if Lynn Messer had any history of depression.

"I love my father," Abram said. "Just want my father to tell the truth."

The father and son, who used to work together as lobbyists, are now estranged over the investigation.

Abram Messer believes his father is hiding something.

"I see two possibilities," Abram said. "Number one -- that my mother walked out of the house, took her own life, and my father moved her body in an effort to protect himself or protect his assets, to protect the farm. Or, he was more directly involved."

Kerry Messer sent KMOX a statement in reaction to his son's accusation:

"This is the first time Abram has made this kind of accusation that I am aware of. It is sad to see him come to this kind of state. If this is what he has come to believe over the past year, it certainly helps to explain a lot of his behavior towards me. And it certainly adds to the grief of a difficult season."
    Lynn Marie MesserHusband Denies Any Wrongdoing

Kerry Messer denies any involvement in his wife's disappearance, and speculates that she may have met with foul play while walking alone at night, or killed herself in some remote location.

"We live out in a rural area," Kerry Messer said. "Lynn has not slept well for the last several years. One of the things she would do to get sleepy was she'd go for long walks. She'd go out to the county road and walk to the stop sign and back. She'd go for several mile walks in the middle of the night, and it wasn't unusual for her to do that."

Kerry Messer said his wife carried no weapons for self-defense on her late-night walks. None of her guns were missing when she disappeared, he said, so she appears to have left the house unarmed.

"The greater indication is that she's just as likely to have harmed herself," Kerry Messer said. "We don't know why we couldn?t find anything. She could have went to the Mississippi River or something like that."

Kerry Messer said his wife was capable of walking the eight miles to the river to end her life.

Relationship with a Woman

Kerry Messer admits he has been involved in a relationship with a woman following his wife's disappearance -- a relationship he claims his wife sanctioned shortly before she went missing.

"Less than 12 hours prior to all of this (the disappearance )," Kerry Messer said, "I found out that she (Lynn Messer) had actually addressed someone to say this is what I hope ... this is what Kerry should do if something ever happens to me."

Kerry Messer admits he has come under suspicion for his relationship with the woman, but insists there is nothing wrong.

"I have found myself drawn to that particular person, partly because she (Lynn Messer) planted the seeds," Kerry Messer said, "but also it has been occurring. So, I have this good friend who has been helping me process, and in the process we have found ourselves drawn to each other. We don?t know where it?s going, but it is part of the mix."

Son Suspicious

Kerry Messer's son Abram finds his father's new relationship with another woman unsettling.

"I know that my father loved my mother, I know that he loved her very much," Abram Messer said, "and I do not believe that my father would go running off to another woman eight weeks after my mother disappears, if he truly, truly did not know whether or not she was dead or alive."

Everyone is Still a Suspect

The Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff tells KMOX no one has been eliminated as a possible suspect from what is described as an "active investigation."

Kerry Messer has been critical of how the investigation has been handled. He believes law enforcement has been more interested in proving he committed a crime than in finding his wife.

"Their search for Lynn has nothing to do with finding Lynn," Messer said. "It only has to do with two questions -- was there a crime and who did it."

Two years after his wife's disappearance, Kerry Messer said his study of other long-term missing person cases have made him pessimistic about a happy outcome.

"I have zero optimism of potentially finding Lynn alive," Messer said.

Ugh, this guy again.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Messer's new girlfriend, Spring Thomas. I get tons of porn sites googling her name.

I'm always creeped out by any person who calls their wife "Ma" (from the people article above)

"We live out in a rural area," Kerry Messer said. "Lynn has not slept well for the last several years. One of the things she would do to get sleepy was she'd go for long walks. She'd go out to the county road and walk to the stop sign and back. She'd go for several mile walks in the middle of the night, and it wasn't unusual for her to do that."
    Husband said that statement in one of the above articles posted. In the people article, the husband said that Ma had really bad hips and had terrible pain in them. She has had surgery on them before and the surgery didn't work that well because the pain was still there.
    I can't see anybody with bad hips and severe pain going on mile long walks.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Messer's new girlfriend, Spring Thomas. I get tons of porn sites googling her name.

I'm always creeped out by any person who calls their wife "Ma" (from the people article above)

Husband said that statement in one of the above articles posted. In the people article, the husband said that Ma had really bad hips and had terrible pain in them. She has had surgery on them before and the surgery didn't work that well because the pain was still there.
    I can't see anybody with bad hips and severe pain going on mile long walks.
    Yeah. That's bull crap. Especially in a rural area with presumably uneven ground under foot. Before roomie got her hips fixed she didn't walk around the grocery store. It was a big deal for her to walk a block on sidewalks...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Apparently both of his sons have come out and declared that they believe his story is suspicious and have gone separate ways in the lobbying world:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...86f6f304f.html

Abram Messer said his father never disclosed to the public that the morning his wife disappeared he had found a vague note of affection, apology and regret seemingly written by Lynn. Kerry Messer had maintained that his wife had vanished without a clue.

Moreover, the sons are bitter over Kerry Messer?s decision to begin what their father describes as a romantic, but chaste, relationship with another woman ? a decision that they say raises questions and sullies the reputation of the Missouri Family Network.

The brothers tried, but failed, to persuade their father to resign from his lobbying position. Then, two months ago, Kerry Messer fired Abram.

The two say they haven?t spoken to each other since Christmas ? and even have wound up on opposite sides of the same legislation.

More recently, Abram Messer said he has moved his family off the farm to an undisclosed location.

Kerry Messer calls it all a misunderstanding. He said there is nothing unusual about his changing views about what happened to his wife. Given the passage of time, he said, there is a very likely possibility that she is dead and that her disappearance may have been a suicide, and that he overlooked signs of depression.

?Everything is being blown out of proportion by everyone,? he said. ?It?s gut-wrenching.

Maj. Jason Schott of the Ste. Genevieve County Sheriff?s Department, which is leading the inquiry into Lynn Messer?s disappearance, said the ongoing investigation continues to be one of the most bizarre situations he has ever encountered. Everyone, he said, remains a suspect.

?We still don?t have a clue where she?s at or what happened to her, or if this is something she?s done on her own, or if it was something that happened to her,? Schott said.
    Aarron Messer refuses to speculate on what happened to his mother. In the aftermath of a divorce, he is currently living in an apartment on his parents? farm. But he has made it clear in an interview and on his Facebook posts that he is estranged from his father.

?I don?t have any physical proof he has done anything to my mother,? he said in an interview. ?I do know he has certainly put himself in the most terrible of light.?

Abram Messer has said he believes his father knows what happened the morning his mother disappeared.

He told KMOX radio that his dad either hid the evidence of a suicide or was more actively involved in her disappearance. He reiterated those theories to the Post-Dispatch. He said there is no way his mother was physically capable of walking off the 250-acre property to the Mississippi River as his father only recently has suggested.

Both brothers dispute some details of their father?s account of the first few hours after Kerry Messer informed Abram before dawn that Lynn was missing. They say their father also appeared angry and uncomfortable when he learned Aarron had called 911 and that investigators were on their way to the farm. They say Kerry Messer then inexplicably ordered the sons away.

The sons are frustrated by their father?s initial insistence both in the press and on his Facebook posts that their mother was not depressed. Abram Messer said his mother confided to him six months prior to her disappearance that she went to the barn on the property to shoot herself but then turned the firearm on some cats. Kerry Messer said in an interview that he was unaware of the incident.
    Last week, authorities confirmed the existence of a note possibly left by Lynn Messer before her disappearance ? a note police retrieved the morning of her disappearance. They say they do not consider it a suicide note.

Kerry Messer said last week he sidestepped many questions from the media about whether his wife left a note because authorities asked him to keep it quiet.

The sons say that for many months their dad kept them from knowing the note?s true content and asked the local sheriff?s department to keep the note from them.

Kerry Messer said he did so because a middle section of the note referenced a recent family squabble between Lynn and Abram. That section was written in different ink, said Abram Messer, who was first given a copy of the note by police last year.

?I tried to protect (Abram) from that note because I feared if something bad had happened, that seeing that note would cause him to take on all the blame and all of the guilt,? Kerry Messer said.

Abram Messer isn?t buying his father?s explanation. He said his father?s handling of the note was intentionally meant to cast his son as a suspect in his mother?s disappearance.

Kerry Messer said authorities had previously questioned him for nine hours about the note, alleging he had written it and not his wife ? an allegation he denies. Police say the FBI has not been able to conclude whether Lynn Messer wrote the letter.
    Abram Messer even found himself battling his father last legislative session over the merits of a bill.

Kerry Messer testified in favor of the legislation, which concerned missing persons. One provision in the bill would restrict the use of any voluntary DNA samples provided for a missing-person case solely for locating or identifying the person and not for any other purpose.

Abram Messer said the bill, if approved, would have protected his dad from having his previously collected DNA used against him in an investigation. Kerry Messer called that absurd and said the provision in no way would deter police from collecting DNA as evidence.

Lawmakers later dropped the bill
    Love that he was even trying to change laws to suit his needs. Also love his son came out against it.

Had never heard of this case before today, but what a giant (windy) shit pile!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

It's about time.

It appears very ?probable? that the remains of Lynn's body ?may? have been found. An FBI forensics team has been on location just under a mile from our home. This location is very close to the back border of the farm (as I have been told). We have no idea how long it may take for them to process the "scene" (This is now the third year of leaf litter coming down), and I have absolutely no idea how large of an area is being "processed". (I/we are not allowed in the area.)
    A skull and other bones were found late afternoon yesterday, Tuesday. I have been told there were a couple of other items which cause us to believe these ?most likely? are Lynn's remains. The location was searched extensively by law enforcement and the professional teams before they handed the searching over to the family after they spent four days combing the farm and other key areas. Many questions hang in the air as to how this could have not been found in the beginning? We are praying for answers to this and many more questions.
    Since later this morning, Wednesday, when the forensics team arrived, and early afternoon, I have been told the remains do in fact have artificial hips (as well as eye glasses) - but it will take several days, weeks, or even up to a couple of months to confirm this is absolutely Lynn. With what I have been told, it would appear almost certainly to be her, but absolute confirmation must be established as we hold our breaths.
    Please be in prayer for our family, which has been torn apart by all the stress and circumstances surrounding this past 28 months ordeal. I have no idea what will transpire moving forward from today. However the critics are going wild with accusations and the media is hounding...
    Please pray that somehow and in some way The Lord is glorified through all of this mess, and that I can manage to behave as an ambassador of Christ.
    Kerry Messer
    click on the article below for more info:
    http://dailyjournalonline.com/?/arti...a7-f885-5d00-?

I don't think she killed herself. I think the sons believe, and I do too, that the husband is hiding something.
    Last edited by McCourt; 11-02-2016 at 01:01 PM.

"Many questions hang in the air" ... interesting choice of words.

I wonder if she hanged herself.

I really don't think her killed her. I think she either committed suicide in the house (or in the barn), and he moved her, or she went for a walk and did it.

Thread Information