Thread: Christian Benge (16) collapsed and died after visiting a haunted house attraction

Christian Benge (16) collapsed and died after visiting a haunted house attraction

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2014...use_attraction

Updated: 7:07 p.m. Monday, Oct. 20, 2014 | Posted: 11:17 a.m. Monday, Oct. 20, 2014
    Local teen who died had pre-existing condition

MADISON TWP. ? Christian Faith Benge?s love of God and strong faith are what her family says they will remember most about the 16-year-old who died from a medical condition after visiting the Land of Illusion attraction Friday night.
    Benge, a sophomore at New Miami High School, was transported to Atrium Medical Center after collapsing inside one of the haunted houses at Land of Illusion in Madison Twp., officials said. She died at the hospital from a medical condition, according to the Warren County Coroner?s Office. An autopsy is underway, said Doyle Burke, deputy coroner.
    ?She got halfway through and just collapsed,? her grandmother Betty Benge said. ?She was almost through it.? Christian was at the attraction with about 100 friends and family members, according to her mother, Jean Benge.
    Medical officials told the family part of her heart was enlarged four times its size. ?They said she was like a time bomb,? Betty Benge said.
    Jean Benge told the Journal-News that her daughter was born with congenital diaphragmatic hernia, which prevents the lungs from developing normally.
    ?The heart had to compensate for the lung ? it just stopped,? she said.
    Jean said her ?mother instinct? kicked in as she performed CPR on her daughter.
    ?I did CPR until the paramedics arrived. And I trust God. He has the ultimate plan,? she said as she talked to reporters at Full Gospel Church, 2117 Eaton Road. ?She?s better off than we are ? because of her faith in Christ I know she?s home.?
    There was no injury-causing accident that happened at the haunted park, owner Brett Oakley said.
    ?It was a very unfortunate situation,? Oakley said.
    Christian was an active member of Full Gospel Church, where she sang in the choir, according to her family.
    ?Those memories of her up here singing and pouring out her heart to everyone is the fondest memory I have of her,? said Christian?s aunt Julene Adams.
    Grandparents described Christian as a kind, gentle, lovable person.
    ?You couldn?t find a better kid than she was,? said her grandfather Ernest Benge, pastor at Full Gospel Church for more than 30 years.
    ?We don?t understand it, but you just survive it,? he said. ?She was one of the kids you never have to correct.?
    Christian was born with a very low chance of living, according to her grandfather. She sometimes had breathing problems, he said.
    ?I just wish there were more giving and more loving like she lived her life. She?s always been a kid that never complained, even through all the operations she went through,? he said.

http://www.journal-news.com/news/new...ttracti/nhnQy/

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    This is why I don't visit haunted houses. I don't have a bad heart, however, I think I would die from shock. Or be in jail for attacking one of the ghost for touching me. Poor girl, she was so young.

There was a worker who was trampled in Houston last week. I thought it was fake, but let me see if I can find the article. Screw haunted houses!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

This is a thrill ride of sorts. People go to get scared. No different from getting the adrenaline rush one would get on a big ass rollercoaster. Just like anything else that ups the release of adrenaline, terrible shit can happen. It could have been this or dropping dead after drinking a Red Bull. I'm really sad for this girl's family. What a horrible way to find out your child has an underlying medical condition.

My daughter has a haunted house and people come by the droves wanting to have the shit scared out of them. My daughter and her staff do a really good job. They don't have a night that someone hadn't peed their pants. Here is the link to a video that is hilarious. Sweet Dreams Scare House
    https://m.facebook.com/sweetdreamssc...eline&filter=1... Don't know if y'all can open it to the video, but this poor man was screaming like a girl.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

i'm pretty sure she knew her heart would eventually blow up - the article said she was born with the condition.
    Christian was born with a very low chance of living, according to her grandfather. She sometimes had breathing problems, he said.
    ?I just wish there were more giving and more loving like she lived her life. She?s always been a kid that never complained, even through all the operations she went through,? he said.
    in which case it's either incredibly stupid or incredibly awesome that she went to haunted houses.

i'd rather die than give up scary fun times.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Sorry I didn't fully read the article...I just skimmed.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Ugh.

I have mixed feelings on this one. Sure, if she had prior issues maybe she shouldn't have gone... but I also don't believe in not living your life because something might happen if the stars line up a certain way. Poor thing.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Ugh.

I have mixed feelings on this one. Sure, if she had prior issues maybe she shouldn't have gone... but I also don't believe in not living your life because something might happen if the stars line up a certain way. Poor thing.
    I have mixed feelings too.

She probably knew she shouldn't do things like ride roller coasters, but I'm pretty sure she didn't think in a million years a haunted house would kill her.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Wait, are we sure that the haunted house is what killed her? Maybe her heart just finally stopped because it was time. I mean, maybe it would have stopped even if she had been at home watching tv that night. They did say it was a time bomb.

Genuinely haunted next year?

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    Wait, are we sure that the haunted house is what killed her? Maybe her heart just finally stopped because it was time. I mean, maybe it would have stopped even if she had been at home watching tv that night. They did say it was a time bomb.
    That's what I was thinking. Poor girl.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    You're evil.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Ugh.

Yeah, you nailed how I feel. Living life paranoid that your heart is gonna burst at any second would suck, and wouldn't really be living at all. I hope she was at least having fun before she died....somehow that makes it seem a little better.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Yeah, this is what I'm wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    This is your best post ever.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I read part of her heart was four times the normal size, it was only a matter of time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6020914.html
    Last edited by Angiebla; 10-22-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Thread Information