Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Realtor Beverly Carter (50) was abducted and murdered after going to show a house

For shit's sake, I should hope his parole would be revoked. That shouldn't even be news. Was there a chance it wouldn't be?

The above photo looks like a still from Law and Order.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetleftpeg View Post
    I've always been surprised that this doesn't happen more often. We have a very famous similar but unsolved case over here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappe..._Suzy_Lamplugh
    We had one too some years ago
    http://www.mako.org.au/shaoyi_liu.html
    The legacy Ms Makin's death left was that it's now mandatory to present I.D. if you are showing up at an open house in Victoria to deter mofos like Liu. Not sure exactly how the industry enforces that though, especially private viewings when the agent has never met the client before.

R.I.P. Beverly

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loca...eath/18195981/

Another arrest made. I don't know how to do anymore than c&p the link from my phone, sorry.

There have been literally zero details released about this case that I've seen. Why??

Quote Originally Posted by Elliss View Post
    http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loca...eath/18195981/

Another arrest made. I don't know how to do anymore than c&p the link from my phone, sorry.

There have been literally zero details released about this case that I've seen. Why??
    Wat? This is crazy.

The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office has released the following statement:

"The wife of Arron Lewis, Crystal Lowery, has just been arrested in connection with the murder of Beverly Carter. The arrest was the result of the continuing investigation in the case. The case is still ongoing. The warrants for this arrest are sealed as are the other warrants and reports regarding this incident. She is being charged with capital murder and kidnapping. Lowery is being held without bond.

Court documents filed by an ex-husband of Crystal Lowery allege Arron Lewis was a meth user, Lowery was allegedly arrested for possession of stolen property which is believed to be the cell phone of Beverly Carter and the ex-husband claims Arron Lewis called him and made claims Lowery was a prostitute.

http://www.katv.com/story/27168627/m...realtors-death

She took this picture 24 hours before she was arrested.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Last edited by bermstalker; 10-31-2014 at 02:27 AM.

Whoa, totally didn't see that one coming!! I wonder what evidence they have, other than the cell phone? There has to be more...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I didn't see it coming either. What in the actual fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

When asked what kind of role authorities believe Lowery played in Carter's death, PCSO spokesman Lt. Carl Minden said the fact she was charged with the same capital murder and kidnapping chargers as her husband is evidence that authorities believe both parties to be equally involved.
    WELL NOW
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Equally involved? Wowwww.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliss View Post
    Equally involved? Wowwww.
    Ditto. Wowwww.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Well, this case sure took a crazy turn... -_-

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    So...new hypothesis..crazy couple fantasy sex act gone wrong? And by wrong I mean they got caught.

Eta: sorry ipad being wonky and can't copy pasta right now

http://heavy.com/news/2014/10/crysta...rlfriend-wife/
    Last edited by SuchAClassicGirl; 11-01-2014 at 04:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Arron Lewis stalked woman just a few months ago

Alex Rowe called police after Arron Lewis bombarded her with Facebook messages 5 months ago when they were neighbors in Little Rock, Arkansas
    She said: 'He would just not leave me alone. He was really creepy. He thought he was so smooth that women would just fall at his feet'
    Beverly Carter's body was found a day after Lewis was arrested
    The 49-year-old realtor had disappeared last Thursday when she left to show a client a foreclosed home in Scott, Arkansas
    Her body was found overnight Tuesday and Lewis has been charged with capital murder, kidnapping and four counts of possession of firearm

A teenager has told how she was 'stalked' by the prime suspect in the murder of Arkansas realtor Beverly Carter just a few months ago.

Alex Rowe said she was so terrified of convicted felon Arron Lewis that she filed a harassment complaint with police.

The 19-year-old told MailOnline in an exclusive interview that Lewis gave her 'the creeps' after he repeatedly sent her messages on Facebook.

- See more at: http://www.manewsday.com/national/76....3AT0sHe8.dpuf
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    So...new hypothesis..crazy couple fantasy sex act gone wrong? And by wrong I mean they got caught.

Eta: sorry ipad being wonky and can't copy pasta right now

http://heavy.com/news/2014/10/crysta...rlfriend-wife/
    Agreed, that was my first thought after hearing Crystal was also arrested / charged.

Poor Beverly. This lady was just doing her job- trying to sell a house and she runs into these two freaks.

Court documents filed by an ex-husband of Crystal Lowery allege Arron Lewis was a meth user, Lowery was allegedly arrested for possession of stolen property which is believed to be the cell phone of Beverly Carter, and the ex-husband claims Arron Lewis called him and made claims Lowery was a prostitute.
    http://www.katv.com/story/27168627/m...realtors-death
    And from the company Beverly worked at
    Goldstein said, "We will no longer meet people we don't know at properties. We're going to ask that they come to the office."

Crye-Leike will also be offering a Beverly Carter Safety Course that all agents will be required to take before graduating from Crye-Leike College. Some of the topics included in the course will be: car parking with an escape route, surveying vacant property for suspicious activity before entering a home, and leaving office staff with details on your whereabouts.

"We need to make a change at our code of ethics level so that all realtors across the country will abide by these guidelines," Goldstein added.
    http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/post...y-carter-death

We had a murder here years ago. Similar situation, the realtor received a call from the prospect from the house, said he was very interested in seeing the property. The realtor went out, and was brutally attacked and killed. I wish I could find her name or anything on it. I remember when I started in the business that we were told about it, and this was back in 97. She was killed back in either late 70's or early 80's.

To me, because of hearing about that story, it just seems like "duh" when they say they are going to make prospects come to their office first before meeting them at a house. But I guess if no one has ever had to deal with anything like it or have never heard of stories about it, they never practiced those rules before something bad happened and until then do they put these type of rules in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Authorities have been tight-lipped about the case that has produced two arrests in the abduction and slaying of Sherwood real estate agent Beverly Carter. Arron Lewis and his wife Crystal Lowery have been charged with capital murder.

Affidavits for arrest have been sealed. A spokesman did tell me Friday that the office was not prepared to say there was no possibility of further arrests.

Over the weekend, notes from a couple of sources indicated something I hadn't heard previously. The suspects might have known Carter. A friend of the family said Carter's granddaughter and a child of Lowery's by a previous marriage participated in the same cheerleader program and the adults attended cheerleading events, though it's not clear whether they had a personal relationship. Lowery was charged last week. She'd been arrested the week of the crime on a theft by receiving charge but released. Authorities won't talk about that charge in detail, but several news outlets have reported she was believed to be in possession of Carter's cell phone when arrested Sept. 29, the same day Lewis was arrested.

Carter disappeared after leaving home to show a house for sale in Scott. Her body was later found in a shallow grave near a concrete plant in northern Pulaski County where Lewis once worked as a truck driver.

Lowery married Lewis in April, but filed for divorce after his arrest. Their relationship is detailed in this blog report that includes court filings and material mined from their Facebook pages.

An acquaintance between the victim and suspect could explain some basis for Arron Lewis' curious and controversial jailhouse interview with Channel 4. Among other things, he said Carter had gone with him willingly. This would not absolve him from the charge, of course, even if initially true.http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog...nal-connection

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    We had a murder here years ago. Similar situation, the realtor received a call from the prospect from the house, said he was very interested in seeing the property. The realtor went out, and was brutally attacked and killed. I wish I could find her name or anything on it. I remember when I started in the business that we were told about it, and this was back in 97. She was killed back in either late 70's or early 80's.

To me, because of hearing about that story, it just seems like "duh" when they say they are going to make prospects come to their office first before meeting them at a house. But I guess if no one has ever had to deal with anything like it or have never heard of stories about it, they never practiced those rules before something bad happened and until then do they put these type of rules in place.
    "It's in the forefront of everybody's mind right now," said Carolyn Patterson of the Arkansas Real Estate School. "There are 25 real estate agent homicides every year in the United States, that's almost one every two weeks. We're paying attention now because it happened close to home."

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loca...rter/18032783/

Some of you may remember the headlines about the brutal murder of Sarah Anne Walker in July 2006; however, it is more likely that you either do not remember or never saw the reports. I heard about her murder in passing and thought..."How horrible!" Then, in truth, I thought about it no more...until this morning.

Sarah Anne Walker was an attractive, successful, 40 year-old onsite agent for D.R. Horton in McKinney, Texas. On the day of her death, she was doing what she did every other day...her job. She was hosting an open house in a model home of the Hemingway at Craig Ranch Community when Kosoul Chanthakoummane, her killer, showed up unexpectedly and took her life...brutally biting, beating and stabbing her 27 times. Before leaving, he stole her Rolex watch and ring...leaving police to suspect that robbery was his motive.

Although Walker was Chanthakoummane's first known victim in Texas, her murder was not his first assault on women. In 1996...he broke into a home in Weddington, NC, tied up two elderly, female occupants and stole their car. He was convicted and sentenced to 11 years in prison. Due to overcrowding, he was transferred and released into the Texas' parole program after serving 9 years of his sentence. At the time of Sarah Walker's murder, he had been living in Texas for only six months...serving the remainder of his parole sentence for his crimes in North Carolina.
    http://activerain.trulia.com/blogsvi...eath-in-texas-

California: Ricardo Contreras, July 14, 2009

Michigan: Troy VanderStelt, June, 1, 2008

Illinois: Ann Nelson, March 18, 2008

New York: Linda Stein, Oct. 30, 2007

New Mexico: Garland Taylor, Aug. 16, 2004

Georgia: Lori K. Brown and Cynthia Williams, Nov. 3, 2003

Washington: Michael Emert, Jan. 5, 2001

You can read their stories here http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2010/...state-murders/

ETA: Holy shit- it happens quite often.
    The body of Brenda Wilburn was found bound inside the closet at her home in Pulaski, Tenn. The real estate agent was allegedly murdered and robbed by Robert Wayne Garner, who will stand trial on August 8.

71-year-old Ann Nelson was robbed, strangled and beaten with a fireplace poker in 2008 while showing a home to a man she believed was a prospective home buyer.

An Orange County real estate agent was raped and bludgeoned by a man masquerading as a prospective home buyer. The man raped the agent after finding her photo online. The agent was able to survive the brutal attack by alleged assailantShawn David Yates after pretending to be dead.
    Andrew VonStein, a 51-year-old real estate agent in Ohio's Portage County, was shot dead by a disgruntled client in one of the homes listed by the agent. The top agent was allegedly lured to the home by Robert W. Grigelaitis, who was upset about a sour deal that resulted in his wife losing her home.

Vivian Martin, the owner of Essence Realty, was found dead in a listed home engulfed in flames in Youngstown, Ohio. The real estate agent, a colon cancer survivor who was battling liver cancer at the time, was robbed of $56 and strangled by men claiming to be home buyers.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Business/dange...ry?id=13375723
    Last edited by bermstalker; 11-03-2014 at 02:39 AM.

Like I was saying early on in this thread, I'm not surprised by this fairly biggish list of estate agents murdered. When you think about it, it's a fairly easy way for your average serial killer to lure someone to an empty property. If they're clever about the communication process of contacting and arranging the meeting then it's like shooting ducks in a barrel.

As was pointed out before, it's a little too late now from the realtors to say 'oh yeah, we're going to make sure everyone comes in first. While we're at it, we're even going to name a safety course after her. I think that's our backs covered. Now, move along, nothing to see here.'

I guess the motive was they kidnapped Beverly for ransom or reward

http://www2.arkansasmatters.com/medi..._Documents.pdf

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Nearly 10 months after a central Arkansas realtor was found dead in Pulaski County, the woman accused of killing her has changed her plea to guilty.
    Crystal Lowery was charged with capital murder and kidnapping of Beverly Carter, but pleaded guilty to first degree murder. She was sentenced to 30 years in prison and will testify at the trial of her estranged husband Arron Lewis.
    Lewis is charged with capital murder, kidnapping, and robbery.
    In late September, Carter was reported missing after she did not return home from showing a house to a prospective cash-buyer. Days later, her body was found in a shallow grave almost 20 miles from the home she was showing.
    "Are you sorry for her death?" "Yes, I'm sorry for her death," Crystal Lowery responded. Those six words are all Crystal Lowery had to say to media as she left the courtroom Tuesday morning. "Overwhelming and sad," Kim Carter said.
    Lowery originally entered a not guilty plea to capital murder. But on Tuesday, Lowery plead guilty to first degree murder and kidnapping. "We reduced the charge from capital murder to murder in the first degree conditioned on her truthful testimony at trial. So she has to provide truthful testimony," Prosecuting Attorney John Johnson explained.
    For the Carter family, this is only the first sign of closure. "I'm not grateful and I'm not thankful. But glad she did the right thing." Kim Carter is Beverly's daughter-in-law. Before court Tuesday morning, Carter said she was prepared for Lowery's plea, but the unexpected emotion is what no one could brace themselves for.
    "That's all I could think of was this face I'm staring at is the last face that Beverly saw. How sad that they could look at Beverly's face and do that. You know?"
    Now, Kim and the rest of her loved ones will continue the healing process as they prepare for the next step in the family's nightmare turned reality.
    "I don't think that when you're responsible for taking the life of anyone that any sentence is fair, whatsoever. I think that the justice system has to do what they're supposed to do and we just have to hope that the right thing's done," said Carter.
    http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loca...ilty/29811715/
    Last edited by kathystaind; 12-17-2015 at 03:51 AM.
    Its not easy to hide all this damage inside ~ Aaron Lewis

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loca...case/77300426/
    LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - Prosecutors are asking a judge to reconsider part of his decision that threw out much of the evidence against the man charged in the death of a central Arkansas real estate agent.

Arron Lewis is set to go to trial next month for the 2014 slaying of Beverly Carter. But last week, Pulaski County Circuit Judge Herbert Wright ruled that evidence seized from Lewis' car must be excluded from trial because investigators relied on an overly broad search warrant to obtain it.
    Wright also threw out some statements Lewis made to police as well as evidence seized in a search of Lewis' home.
    On Friday, prosecutors asked Wright to reconsider his ruling regarding the car, arguing that police officers are allowed to search vehicles that have been impounded.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Why would whoever has his Facebook post this?

And then a comment from January 6th:

Arron Lewis
    6 January ?
    *posting at Arron's request*
    Friends and family-as some of you may know, I am currently facing some pretty serious charges. If anyone would like to write to me, please DM this account for contact information. Your letters and cards are much appreciated. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by missbad View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Why would whoever has his Facebook post this?

And then a comment from January 6th:

Arron Lewis
    6 January ?
    *posting at Arron's request*
    Friends and family-as some of you may know, I am currently facing some pretty serious charges. If anyone would like to write to me, please DM this account for contact information. Your letters and cards are much appreciated. Thank you
    Because he's going to be super bored in jail. He will need something to pass the time

I'm not surprised. People are gross.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Wow I just read the "affidavit" on his page, crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Because he's going to be super bored in jail. He will need something to pass the time

I'm not surprised. People are gross.
    Did you read the statement he wrote to the police on his Facebook? Ugh. It's 21 pages, he blames his wife, it's gross.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

Thread Information