Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Warriena Tagpuno Wright (26) allegedly fell from Gable Tostee's balcony and he is on trial for her death

wait, blighted, did you listen to the audio? i thought only the transcript was released.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Just found this on an NZ site. It's got a lot of the stuff at the start in different order. She calls him a sexist at one point which I hadn't read before so it looks like the DM only used parts of the transcript so who knows what set it off. This one definitely mentions possible rock throwing before the argument starts.

But it also had this, which I hadn't seen before. It sounds worse than I thought now.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/world/61129194/...na-Wright-died

2.20am Female: "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Just let me go home."

Male: "I would but you have been a bad girl." Sounds are then heard of the door slamming shut.

Police allege Tostee has gone inside and left Wright on the balcony. Female: "Just let me go home. Just let me go home."

**2.21am**: Female's final words are "Just let me go home". Faint screaming is heard

**2.21am** (approx) - The occupant of the apartment below Tostee's hears a female repeatedly shouting "no, no, no" and then sees "two legs dangling down".

"In a matter of seconds I saw the person fall from the balcony above mine," her witness statement says.

**2.21am** - A call is placed from Gable Tostee's phone to his lawyer, Michael Purcell. The call doesn't connect.

2.23pm - A triple-0 call is placed by the woman in the apartment below.

2.25am - Police arrive at the scene. At the same time the fob key to Tostee's apartment is activated.

2.28am - CCTV cameras capture a male, believed to be Tostee, approach the front entrance of the apartment. He walks back to the elevator and rides to the basement.

2.29-3.08am - Sounds of walking are heard in the audio recording, which is still going from earlier in the night.

3.10am - Male orders pizza. "Um a piece of supreme please," he says.

3.23am - Call is placed to Tostee's father, Gray Tostee. Male: "Hello Dad. I might have a bit of a situation. See um I met up with a girl for a date tonight and she started getting really aggressive. It was alright at first and like we, you know, had sex in bed and she kept drinking and I think that she thought that it was like a joke or something, and she kept like beating me up and whatever.

It was cos she was really drunk and whatever and I like forced her out on the balcony and I think that she might have jumped off."

Dad: "Oh no."

Male: "Like I have been walking around and there are a million cops around my building. I'm f---ed. I don't know what to do... I didn't cause this, like, I didn't push her... It is really f---ed up... Dad like this is not my fault."

Male: "I don't know like I tackled her on my floor inside the building and I never forced her over the edge." Dad: "I am sure you wouldn't have mate."

3.25 - 3.34am - The pair continue to talk. The male repeatedly says he did not cause the woman's death. Dad agrees to drive and pick the male up.

3.47am - Another call is placed to Tostee's father. A sound of a car door opening and seatbelt being put on is heard. Dad tells the male they "need to ring Bill Potts". ( Potts runs the law firm representing Tostee.) Dad offers to take the male to hospital, but he declines. Dad identifies "Gable" as the male on the recording.

3.52am - Gable states: "I might have locked her out on my balcony cos there is like a lock. I can't remember what I did but I absolutely did not throw her off my balcony. I would never do anything like that."

3.55am - Gable: "The last thing I remember is she was just like hitting me for some reason."

4.04am - Gable: "I do have photos of her and me... I don't have any proof of her being aggressive though." Dad: "Well when the truth comes out." Gable: "How?" Dad: "It will. You had no motive for you to hurt her."

4.07-4.15am - The pair discuss where Dad will park the car. Gable says it should be stopped in a residential area and not a shopping centre because "they will do patrols".

4.15am - Gable: "I did turn on the voice recorder I think. Are you gunna like stop somewhere?" Dad: "I'll stop here."

4.15am - The recording terminates.
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-15-2014 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    wait, blighted, did you listen to the audio? i thought only the transcript was released.
    Nah, there's a bunch of different versions floating around. The police version explains what's going on while he's complaining about being assaulted better than the DM version, but every media source seems to be chopping out the parts they decide aren't necessary which makes it hard to get it all straight.

That NZ article has stuff I've never seen added into the timeline before though. Now I understand the murder charge.

She was saying "please just let me go home" after he went back in & while she was already hanging.

ETA - if that transcript has it right.
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-15-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Tinder is basically a hookup site. You swipe left or right based on if you think the person is attractive. If you're on twitter, check out this account for some more info about what happens on there.

https://twitter.com/tinderfessions
    tinder seems like a horrible place.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Wow guys. How are we seeing this so differently?

She didn't go over that balcony voluntarily. You don't go from being dragged & pleading to be let go, then less than 30 seconds later, suddenly saying "hey, I'm not going to knock at the door & plead to be allowed to get dressed, get my things & go home like I was all the way to the door. I'm not even going to take one minute to recover from being strangled & forcibly dragged to the balcony. Nope. I'm going to hang off a balcony 14 stories up & try to climb down a sheer drop".
    That's what the police are saying happened. Remember, she was trashed. I'm sure the combination of panic and alcohol (and anything else they may have taken) = poor judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I bet he picked her up, carried her out, sat her on the balcony & pushed her backwards, so she was hanging there with her legs on the balcony side & her knees hooked over the ledge & her thighs & bum over the edge on the outside wall. & keep in mind what these balconies look like. All Gold Coast high rises are much the same. Warriena had been staying in the area - she knew what the outside of these buildings look like. There's no way she thought she could climb down.
    But the person in the apartment below said they saw her legs dangling down, which wouldn't be the case if she was in that position.

Also, I have to say that I don't really pay attention to things like balconies when I go some place new. And, again, her thinking was impaired.
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

tinder seems like a horrible place.
    Eh, my friend met her boyfriend on it.

It's just more direct and operates out of your pool of associates. I constantly have friends ask me about some guy who popped up on their tinder that I'm friends with on Facebook.

blighted- I get what you're saying, but if the neighbor said he saw her feet hanging seconds before she fell- it really does sound like she tried to climb down. It's possible his idea of punishing a bad girl was to push her out on his balcony, lock the door and leave her for awhile. If she was f'ed up, it's very possible she tried to climb down.

This is what the judge said
    Justice Mullins said: “I don’t think you can proceed on the basis that it’s objectively a weak case

“You’ve got that difficulty that although theoretically your client wasn’t on the balcony, it makes the murder case a little bit more difficult.

“In the context of what occured in the apartment I would have thought that the manslaughter case is not weak.

“But that does depend on what comes out in evidence as to what occurred in the apartment before Ms Wright went onto the balcony.
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1227051234017

Both sides of this story are both saying Gable was not on the balcony.

Here's a picture of the balcony from a different view. I could def. see a messed up girl trying to climb down to the apt underneath her

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    My question is that did she try to climb down because she was being dumb and drunk? Or was she in fear for her life and trying to escape because he had just strangled her out and said he should chuck her off the balcony? If it's the latter, he's still responsible. If he didn't want her there anymore he could have given her her shoes, phone and purse and shown her the door. Instead he choked her out, taunted and threatened her and locked her on his balcony essentially trapping her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    My question is that did she try to climb down because she was being dumb and drunk? Or was she in fear for her life and trying to escape because he had just strangled her out and said he should chuck her off the balcony? If it's the latter, he's still responsible. If he didn't want her there anymore he could have given her her shoes, phone and purse and shown her the door. Instead he choked her out, taunted and threatened her and locked her on his balcony essentially trapping her.
    I totally see what you are saying here. I am the pool of people who think she tried to climb down, but you are right...if she was asking to go home, he could have just sent her packing instead of putting her outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

According to the timeline from NZ, within seconds all of this happened : the dangling legs appeared while she was screaming "No, no, no, no". She continued to be heard saying a muffled "just let me go home" 3 x on the recording after the repeated screams of "no", & then came the scream & fall.

If it's accurate, her legs had to be dangling before he went back inside - because the door being locked & then him panting is clearly audible & those sounds come after the screams of "no". Plus the "just let me go home" is heard as muffled after the sound of the door being locked.

So according to the NZ timeline she was pleading to be allowed to go home while she was dangling - if she climbed there wouldn't she say "help me" not "let me"? Using "let" implies she requires permission from someone to get out of the situation she's in. All of which is much much worse than what I pictured. I was giving him a little benefit of the doubt. I didn't think he'd forced her over, but I did think he'd put her in a position he knew was potentially life-threatening just because he was angry his fuck for the night wasn't working out.

According to the police transcript the original cause of the argument was her saying she wanted to leave. He wasn't kicking her out, she was the one who'd had enough. He pleads with her to stay & pours her a new drink made with his "special vodka". Apparently he records girls who knock him back so that he can humiliate them online. This might be why the recording suddenly switched on - she started to say this isn't working out & I should go.

Meanwhile he just can't help himself - Tinder's no longer an option, but if anyone wants to date this eligible bachelor, here's his jail mail address

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...post-jail.html
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-16-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Whoa weird he looks like Sexy Weatherman Rob Marciano.

Ha. He does look like sexy weatherman.

I think bowie wants to take a ride on his wild balcony. LOL

OMG!!! Rob Marciano started out KPLC our local small town station in Lake Charles, LA. He was really young when he started out.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Someone forward that address to Beantown. I'm sure she'd be all over it
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

He's a psychotic douchbag but he's good looking. I'll say it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    He's a psychotic douchbag but he's good looking. I'll say it.
    Nothing wrong with saying that. Ted Bundy was good looking too. There's plenty of good looking Douchebags in the world. It's a shame.

I actually read ALL 70+ pages of that thread of his on that BB site. He may be good looking, but he was completely socially inept. His responses were strange and awkward. I completely believe he is Autistic. But in my eyes that doesn't absolve him of guilt.

Reading his posts from over there is VERY telling. The reason he was banned from so many clubs was because he was predatory. He would go to the bars that tourists frequented, drink water and watch for girls that got sloppy drunk and separated from their friends. He'd also hang out on the streets and wait for drunk girls leaving the clubs at closing and follow them. He followed a bartender out to her car and she reported it. That kind of behavior isn't because of Autism. That's premeditated behavior of a sexual predator and one of the reasons I'm side eyeing him so much. Too many confirmed stories by him, himself of forcing himself on girls and ending with them rejecting him. One of his "moves" is putting their hands on his junk to show them how big he is. Just gross behavior.

I'm not saying he's absolutely guilty. Yet. But I will say that his past behaviors point to someone that I wouldn't be surprised is guilty.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Yeah. He's hot. I'll say it too.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Nope. You guys might be right. Just found this older article.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...-1227051974029

Moments later, witnesses see Ms Wright attempt to climb down to a lower balcony before she falls to her death. A medical report by Dr Nelle van Buuren said Tostee?s back had ?three almost parallel linear red abrasions? as well as three other red marks. Dr van Burren said some of the injuries could have been caused by fingernails, at least one was caused by an unknown object and that it is ?not possible to say? whether the back scratches were ?self-inflicted
    If that's really what they saw, the murder charge is really confusing. Did police actually say "climbing down" or did they say "trying to escape"? (I'm trying to find a quote) She was trying to escape all the way to the balcony so it's a bit ambiguous - it's also a little unusual to have this much detail out prior to trial down here.

The transcript hadn't been released when the media talked to these witnesses. Maybe they heard the cops say "escape", then heard the witness descriptions & put 2 & 2 together? Because if the NZ timeline & transcript are right, it doesn't really fit?

It's going to depend on whether they actually saw her climb over the balcony herself, or whether they just came out, when she was already hanging & saw her trying to get to the lower balcony to save herself. If it's only the lady below, she definitely didn't say she climbed over. If there are other witnesses, then maybe without the benefit of the transcript they might've assumed she'd climbed there. I probably would. Who'd think otherwise? Without all the background info I'd totally give him the benefit of the doubt - sleazy creep or not.

But the fact that he mentioned it to her so many times, then less than an hour after she dies he's still mentioning it. Repeatedly saying to his dad "I didn' t throw her off" "I didn't force her over" etc, completely unprompted, rather than "oh my god, I can't believe she jumped/I can't believe she fell" kind of looks a little unusual.

Until we see an official police endorsed timeline it's all supposition though.Apparently police working the case were pretty pissed off that the transcript was released at all. If the media have got parts wrong the police are unlikely to correct it before trial.

I'm trying to find comments anywhere saying she had a history of violence, getting wild when she drinks, anything that would support her being the kind of person to get crazy & attack someone for no reason. But so far nothing. Doesn't mean it's not there, but so far he alone has got the criminal history for assault & violence, predatory behaviour arround heavily intoxicated females, & a pretty amazing/awful social media history.
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-16-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Accused balcony killer Gable Tostee will argue to be released on bail at a Brisbane court today.
    The 28-year-old was charged with murder after tourist Warriena Wright plunged to her death falling 14 floors from his Gold Coast balcony after the pair were on a Tinder date.
    Tostee has been in custody since his arrest but denies the murder charge which following the 26-year-old New Zealand woman’s death on August 8.
    The pair had been drinking in Tostee’s Surfers Paradise apartment before an apparent violent struggle following sex saw Ms Wright locked out on the balcony.
    Mr Tostee maintains his innocence, and his lawyers have argued he was not on the balcony at the time of Ms Wright’s death.
    A previous bail application was adjourned to allow for lawyers to present reports about Mr Tostee’s previous autism diagnosis.

http://www.news.com.au/national/rush...-1227126426654

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Wtf is wrong with you buttmonkeys? He has one of the most punchable faces I've ever seen. He's right up there with Scott Peterson. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    Wtf is wrong with you buttmonkeys? He has one of the most punchable faces I've ever seen. He's right up there with Scott Peterson. Ugh.
    Ridiculous name. Equally ridiculous face.

I'd punch both. Maybe even twice.

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    Yeah, he looks like an average dude at best, but the ducklips make him supes punchable.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Well this is better. I was getting a little worried people's slimeometers needed recalibrating.

ACCUSED Gold Coast killer Gable Tostee will have to wait until Wednesday to learn whether he gets bail.

The self-confessed playboy has offered to ban himself from controversial dating app Tinder, stop drinking and live with his parents in a bid for freedom.

But Supreme Court judge Debra Mullins adjourned a decision on the bail application until tomorrow morning.

Tostee had been behind bars charged with murder since August 15, a week after young New Zealand tourist Warriena Wright plunged to her death from his 14th-floor high rise unit in Surfers Paradise.

The pair had met on Tinder and Ms Wright’s death allegedly came after a night of drinking and violent sex.

Police who seized phone recordings of the three hours leading up to Ms Wright’s death have alleged Tostee choked Ms Wright, locked her on the balcony and told her he would not let her leave because she had been “a bad girl”.

He was charged with murder based on precedent cases where people in fear of their lives have died trying to flee.

A previous Supreme Court bail application was adjourned in September and reactivated today after Tostee changed lawyers.
    Opposing bail, Director of Public Prosecutions barrister Benedict Power told the court Tostee had committed a life-threatening act by “shoving” Ms Wright onto his balcony and locking her out.

Mr Power said Ms Wright had “no sensible route of escape” and was pleading with Tostee to let her go.

The barrister likened it to placing a person in a locked trunk “in which they suffocate”.

Defence barrister Soraya Ryan QC said Tostee did not know what Ms Wright was going to do when he locked her out.

Ms Ryan said Ms Wright may have been “scared fiercely” that she was going to be thrown off the balcony but that threat was not realised.

She told the court Tostee’s focus was to clear his name and questioned how he could flee when his photo was “all over the media”.

“Where does he go? How does he live?” she said.

Ms Ryan said Tostee could be in protective custody for up to three years before he went to trial.

She said Tostee’s parents Gray and Helene, who were in court, were supporting him “in this extremely difficult time”.

Mr and Mrs Tostee had offered a surety to ensure their son would not flee and he would live with them.

Mr Power said Tostee’s stated desire to clear his name was at odds with his “bizarre indifference” to Ms Wright’s “abject terror” and the steps he took after her death to evade police.

Justice Debra Mullins questioned why Tostee appeared to have shown “no remorse” for Ms Wright’s death.

She said it was “not in any way a straightforward case of murder”.

Justice Mullins also it was an “unusual” case because both the police and defence were relying on Tostee’s mobile phone recording.

Outside court, Tostee’s lawyer Terry O’Gorman slammed media reporting of the case.

“The media should stop their outrageous description of Mr Tostee as ‘the balcony killer’,” he told reporters.

“Her Honour (Justice Mullins) has said that this is not a straightforward case of murder.

“It is only if and when a jury convicts him that the media can and should refer to him as a killer. Stop misusing your considerable powers in the community and report responsibly so as to give this man an opportunity of a fair trial. Stop engaging in this tactic of trying to poison the jury pool.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/gabl...-1227127014258

He got bail -

ACCUSED balcony killer Gable Tostee will be released on bail as he faces murder charges over the death of a New Zealand tourist who plunged to her death from his Gold Coast balcony.

Supreme Court Justice Debra Mullins handed down her decision this morning, allowing the 28-year-old Gold Coast man to be freed after spending three months behind bars, but his new life on the outside won?t exactly be filled with freedom.

The alleged murderer has been given strict and unusual bail conditions:
    - Tostee must live with his parents in their Carrara home.
    - A strict curfew has been imposed, meaning he must be home between 10pm and 4am.
    - He is no to consume alcohol and must paricipate in a rehab program and undergo ?random breath testing?.
    - He is not allowed to use dating app Tinder, or use any form of social media to make arrangements to arrange meetings with any women he had not met before bail was granted.
    - Tostee?s parents have to pay a $200,000 surety, to minimise his risk of fleeing.

Tostee?s lawyers yesterday made a bid for Tostee to be freed on bail after spending three months behind bars, promising the alleged murderer would abstain from alcohol, quit Tinder, and move in with his parents.

The judge today said she was satisfied it would be ?unjust? for Tostee to remain in custody before his murder trial, to commence early next year.

Tostee is now facing murder charges applies in August after 26-year-old Warriena Wright plunged to her death from his 14th-floor apartment balcony in Surfers Paradise.

The pair had met hours earlier via the mobile dating application Tinder.

In his submissions opposing bail yesterday, Crown prosecutor Ben Power alleges although Tostee was inside the apartment when Ms Wright fell, he committed a life-threatening act by assaulting her and locking her on his balcony, causing her to fear for her life and try to escape, the Supreme Court heard at yesterday?s bail hearing.

Prosecutors are determined to pursue a charge of murder despite a judge previously describing their case as weak, the Gold Coast Bulletin reports.

They will rely almost completely on a voice recording made by Tostee himself on the night Ms Wright died, as well as a toxicology report, to outline their case in the upcoming trial.

Mr Power said Tostee may have plied his victim with dangerous homemade alcohol before she died.

?There is strong evidence that the victim was very *intoxicated and it appears that the source of that was home-distilled ... alcohol or white spirit that (Tostee) had given her,? he said.

?In this case, the dangerous act was shoving the victim out onto a 14-storey balcony and locking her out there.?

Mr Power likened it to depriving someone of their liberty by locking them in a box, leading them to suffocate.

In arguing for bail, Defence barrister Soray Ryan argued the case was weak and its high profile meant Tostee couldn?t flee from authorities.

She told the court Tostee was unlikely to flee before his trial, to held next year, because of a strong desire to ?clear his name?.

In bail conditions submitted yesterday, Ms Ryan said Tostee would stay off Tinder and adhere to a 6am ? 6pm curfew while living with his parents.

However she said a ban on Facebook was not practical as it was too easy for people to create fake Gable Tostee profiles.

A $200,000 surety has also been pledged for bail.

http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...-1227127945110

Thread Information