Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Weeks (38) is one of 239 people missing after a Malaysia Airlines plane disappeared while en route to China

Okay now I want to go to the Andaman Islands..

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    Well damn. I don't think they had enough fuel to make it much further than that. Hopefully this is really where it is and they can find the wreckage and give those families some closure.
    Nope-

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    My realistic mind would NEVER entertain these possibilities. But I'm inclined to explore them only because they haven't found wreckage. Even the Air France flight everyone seems to compare it to had wreckage found by now. And that was in an Ocean. Not a Gulf, Sea or Strait. I had knocked up this whole search thing to two possibilities. Incompetence or a cover up with the fitst choice being more likely.

I'm hoping that the possibility that the passengers are still alive is possible.

DAMN. I picked a great thread to start. Can't wait to see how this plays out.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 03-14-2014 at 11:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

It WAS hijacked: Malaysian official says it's CONCLUSIVE jet carrying 239 was seized by individual or group 'with significant flying experience' as PM admits tracking was 'deliberately' disabled

Officials confirmed missing plane was hijacked by one or several people
    Could have turned off communication system and steered it off-course
    Now believed plane could have flown for six hours after contact was lost
    Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak refused to confirm the reports
    Investigators working to establish motive and where plane was taken
    Reports suggest home of one of the pilots is currently being searched

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2w1gM9IVr
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    It WAS hijacked: Malaysian official says it's CONCLUSIVE jet carrying 239 was seized by individual or group 'with significant flying experience' as PM admits tracking was 'deliberately' disabled

Officials confirmed missing plane was hijacked by one or several people
    Could have turned off communication system and steered it off-course
    Now believed plane could have flown for six hours after contact was lost
    Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak refused to confirm the reports
    Investigators working to establish motive and where plane was taken
    Reports suggest home of one of the pilots is currently being searched

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2w1gM9IVr
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Somewhere, Tom Clancy is weeping.

Is it somewhere in India? Was it Terrorist Anonymous? Gah, too, too mysterious.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

https://www.facebook.com/najibrazak/...51938301110952

Malaysian PM's statement:
    PM NAJIB RAZAK?S PRESS STATEMENT ON MH370 - 15th MARCH 2014

Seven days ago Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 disappeared. We realise this is an excruciating time for the families of those on board. No words can describe the pain they must be going through. Our thoughts and our prayers are with them.

I have been appraised of the on-going search operation round the clock. At the beginning of the operation, I ordered the search area to be broadened; I instructed the Malaysian authorities to share all relevant information freely and transparently with the wider investigation team; and I requested that our friends and allies join the operation. As of today, 14 countries, 43 ships and 58 aircraft are involved in the search. I wish to thank all the governments for their help at such a crucial time.

Since day one, the Malaysian authorities have worked hand-in-hand with our international partners ? including neighbouring countries, the aviation authorities and a multinational search force ? many of whom have been here on the ground since Sunday.

We have shared information in real time with authorities who have the necessary experience to interpret the data. We have been working nonstop to assist the investigation. And we have put our national security second to the search for the missing plane.

It is widely understood that this has been a situation without precedent.

We have conducted search operations over land, in the South China Sea, the Straits of Malacca, the Andaman Sea and the Indian Ocean. At every stage, we acted on the basis of verified information, and we followed every credible lead. Sometimes these leads have led nowhere.

There has been intense speculation. We understand the desperate need for information on behalf of the families and those watching around the world. But we have a responsibility to the investigation and the families to only release information that has been corroborated. And our primary motivation has always been to find the plane.

In the first phase of the search operation, we searched near MH370?s last known position, in the South China Sea. At the same time, it was brought to our attention by the Royal Malaysian Air Force that, based on their primary radar, an aircraft ? the identity of which could not be confirmed ? made a turn back. The primary radar data showed the aircraft proceeding on a flight path which took it to an area north of the Straits of Malacca.

Given this credible data, which was subsequently corroborated with the relevant international authorities, we expanded the area of search to include the Straits of Malacca and, later, to the Andaman Sea.

Early this morning I was briefed by the investigation team ? which includes the FAA, NTSB, the AAIB, the Malaysian authorities and the Acting Minister of Transport ? on new information that sheds further light on what happened to MH370.

Based on new satellite information, we can say with a high degree of certainty that the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) was disabled just before the aircraft reached the East coast of peninsular Malaysia. Shortly afterwards, near the border between Malaysian and Vietnamese air traffic control, the aircraft?s transponder was switched off.

From this point onwards, the Royal Malaysian Air Force primary radar showed that an aircraft which was believed ? but not confirmed ? to be MH370 did indeed turn back. It then flew in a westerly direction back over peninsular Malaysia before turning northwest. Up until the point at which it left military primary radar coverage, these movements are consistent with deliberate action by someone on the plane.

Today, based on raw satellite data that was obtained from the satellite data service provider, we can confirm that the aircraft shown in the primary radar data was flight MH370. After much forensic work and deliberation, the FAA, NTSB, AAIB and the Malaysian authorities, working separately on the same data, concur.

According to the new data, the last confirmed communication between the plane and the satellite was at 8:11AM Malaysian time on Saturday 8th March. The investigations team is making further calculations which will indicate how far the aircraft may have flown after this last point of contact. This will help us to refine the search.
    Due to the type of satellite data, we are unable to confirm the precise location of the plane when it last made contact with the satellite.

However, based on this new data, the aviation authorities of Malaysia and their international counterparts have determined that the plane?s last communication with the satellite was in one of two possible corridors: a northern corridor stretching approximately from the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan to northern Thailand, or a southern corridor stretching approximately from Indonesia to the southern Indian ocean. The investigation team is working to further refine the information.

In view of this latest development the Malaysian authorities have refocused their investigation into the crew and passengers on board. Despite media reports that the plane was hijacked, I wish to be very clear: we are still investigating all possibilities as to what caused MH370 to deviate from its original flight path.

This new satellite information has a significant impact on the nature and scope of the search operation. We are ending our operations in the South China Sea and reassessing the redeployment of our assets. We are working with the relevant countries to request all information relevant to the search, including radar data.

As the two new corridors involve many countries, the relevant foreign embassies have been invited to a briefing on the new information today by the Malaysian Foreign Ministry and the technical experts. I have also instructed the Foreign Ministry to provide a full briefing to foreign governments which had passengers on the plane. This morning, Malaysia Airlines has been informing the families of the passengers and crew of these new developments.

Clearly, the search for MH370 has entered a new phase. Over the last seven days, we have followed every lead and looked into every possibility. For the families and friends of those involved, we hope this new information brings us one step closer to finding the plane.

ENDS
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

One of the pilots HAD to be involved. And I believe the airline knows this. They don't want to admit it though, of course. Some one has to know how to disable the transponders and fly the plane. My theory: the pilot took care of the transponders and a couple hijackers took care of the passengers. It landed somewhere and likely refueled and flew even further away. It will later be used for something deadly. No bueno.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve. - Jello Biafra

That was a great article. It explained so much.

I see this morning the newspapers are comparing this to some comic book

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-sodomite.html

Gah. This is more and more like Schrodinger's Cat all the time.
    I hearby dub thee Schrodinger's Airplane.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/16/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1
    Last edited by puzzld; 03-16-2014 at 08:04 AM.

While that's all good and well I didn't see any mention of the thousands, maybe millions, of people searching satellite images. I'll be honest I got bored about half way through and started skimming so I may have missed it lmao. I get that civilians searching satellite images aren't experts but I'm sure it helps make the search area seem a bit smaller. In fact, an oil rig is actually going to check out something right now that was found over satellite images by redditors.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    While that's all good and well I didn't see any mention of the thousands, maybe millions, of people searching satellite images. I'll be honest I got bored about half way through and started skimming so I may have missed it lmao. I get that civilians searching satellite images aren't experts but I'm sure it helps make the search area seem a bit smaller. In fact, an oil rig is actually going to check out something right now that was found over satellite images by redditors.
    Seriously? An Oil Rig is? I didn't know they could just up and move those bad boys. So they are saying the search area is 200,000 square miles. That's about 4 times the area of the state of New York. People can't read a short article without getting bored and skimming. How many people are really going to do a good job looking for specks? Tiny specks of exploded plane?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Seriously? An Oil Rig is? I didn't know they could just up and move those bad boys. So they are saying the search area is 200,000 square miles. That's about 4 times the area of the state of New York. People can't read a short article without getting bored and skimming. How many people are really going to do a good job looking for specks? Tiny specks of exploded plane?
    A tanker, a rig, whatever lmao. I really don't care what the hell it is to be quite honest. I think you got what I'm saying you're just being pretentious. Yes that article bored the living fuck out of me lol. And are you really saying that the extra sets of eyes are useless? I mean come on lol. Really. Exploded? How do we know it exploded?

Actually, the new info points away from exploding in mid air. It either went in to the Ocean or landed and has been stolen. They wouldn't disable the transponders and change direction just to blow it up, I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Actually, the new info points away from exploding in mid air. It either went in to the Ocean or landed and has been stolen. They wouldn't disable the transponders and change direction just to blow it up, I would think.
    If it went into the ocean, it likely broke up and might just as well have exploded. The pieces will be pretty small either way. But even if it made a perfect water landing and sank... It's still not going to be easy to find. Look how long it took to find the Titanic (73 years) and that's with a pretty precise idea of where it went down. Certainly it's possible that some mope in Des Moines is going to see something... but it's not likely.

Now it's also possible they flew the dang thing to Dr. Moreau's island, but all the crowdsourced searching of the water isn't going to find it there.

If it went into the ocean, it likely broke up and might just as well have exploded. The pieces will be pretty small either way. But even if it made a perfect water landing and sank... It's still not going to be easy to find. Look how long it took to find the Titanic (73 years) and that's with a pretty precise idea of where it went down. Certainly it's possible that some mope in Des Moines is going to see something... but it's not likely.

Now it's also possible they flew the dang thing to Dr. Moreau's island, but all the crowdsourced searching of the water isn't going to find it there.
    I meant from a bomb. That's what I thought you were referring to by exploding plane.

I might be wrong on the crowdsource thing, but I don't think it's a deal where only one person is assigned to a given area. The initial assignment is random, but you can search/view other areas. Tomnod uses an algorithm as preliminary verification, i.e. If X number of users mark an image as debris/object of interest, it will be ranked and --I assume-- that info will be passed along.

I'm embarrassed to say how much time I spent looking at those satellite images
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I meant from a bomb. That's what I thought you were referring to by exploding plane.
    Nah. I'm just using explosion as in millions of little pieces. I haven't been looking at the images, but god knows I've wasted time on less useful things...

If it exploded or crashed into the ocean, there would be evidence of debris by now, even if it was just a solitary suitcase floating around. Also, why would someone who was planning on blowing a plane up waste time programming the plane to go dark? They would want the explosion to be notable. The whole point of terrorism is that it has to terrorize people who are alive.

That's why this is so weird. If someone took these people hostage, why haven't they reached out to news sources yet?

I heard somewhere they had record of it going up to 45,000 feet at one point, which would have knocked everyone unconscious. That HAD to be deliberate. Would they be ok after that? Anyone know?

I still say aliens!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I heard on the news this morning that they searched one of the pilots homes and found a flight simulator. They said it's extremely unusual but possible he just had it for hobby. The conspiracy factor suggests maybe he used that to test out-of-norm landings.

Sorry if this was already mentioned, too much reading.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I don't think they can move oil rigs either. It must be the people working there are going to go out and search.

I heard the search area is 6 times the size of the US. I haven't been watching the news much today, so maybe I've missed something. I doubt it though, they keep bringing up things and not mentioning them ever again. All in an effort to bring new news.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I heard on the news this morning that they searched one of the pilots homes and found a flight simulator. They said it's extremely unusual but possible he just had it for hobby. The conspiracy factor suggests maybe he used that to test out-of-norm landings.

Sorry if this was already mentioned, too much reading.
    I heard it was the opposite. Not uncommon for enthusiasts to have some kind of flight simulation software.

Thread Information