Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Weeks (38) is one of 239 people missing after a Malaysia Airlines plane disappeared while en route to China

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I heard on the radio this morning that people are now saying it has to do with................

.....wait for it...........

ALIENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A plane hijacked by aliens? That makes sense! Why didn't I think of that?
    Are you sure they didn't say ASIANS?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Taken from the article Becoming posted on page 3 earlier today:

A high-ranking military official involved in the investigation confirmed the report and also said the plane was believed to be flying low. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the information.
    The "believed to be flying low" quote is iffy being from an anonymous source. The Malaysian air force chief said where the plane was detected, and that it was flying 1,000 meters lower than where it had been previously detected, which was 35,000 feet. (from the article I quoted earlier.) 1,000 meters lower than 35,000 feet =/= "low."

Local newspaper Berita Harian quoted Malaysian air force chief Gen. Rodzali Daud as saying radar at a military base had detected the airliner near Pulau Perak, at the northern approach to the strait.

A high-ranking military official involved in the investigation confirmed the report on Tuesday and also said the aircraft was believed to be flying low.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the information.
    But there have been so many contradictory statements coming from Malaysia it's hard to know what to believe. They have been all over the place--the air force chief came out the next day and denied he had told the press anything about where the military radar had last seen the plane.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26556153

Malaysia Airlines MH370: China 'will not give up' on plane

Chinese Premier Li Keqiang: "We will not give up on any suspected clue"

China's Premier Li Keqiang has pledged to continue search efforts for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight "as long as there is a glimmer of hope".

His comments came as Vietnam and Malaysia investigated satellite images released by China that appeared to show possible debris in the South China Sea.

However, they were unable to find debris at the same location.

Meanwhile, one report said US officials suspected the plane flew for four hours after its last confirmed location.

However, Malaysia's transport minister described the report as inaccurate at a press conference on Thursday.

He also said China's embassy in Kuala Lumpur had said Beijing's satellite images had been released by mistake and did not appear to relate to the missing plane.

'Fruitless sightings'
    Flight MH370 from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing went missing late on Friday, with 239 passengers and crew on board.

Teams have since been searching waters on both sides of the Malaysian peninsula for any sign of the plane.

Satellite images, released by China on Wednesday, appeared to identify floating objects 150 miles (250km) or so from the aircraft's last known position.

However, Dinh Viet Thang, deputy director of Vietnam's Civil Aviation Authority, told AFP that two planes sent to inspect the area had returned, and "found nothing so far".

Similarly, Malaysian Civil Aviation Chief Azharuddin Abdul Rahman told reporters that Malaysia's planes did not find anything.

"There is nothing. We went there, there is nothing," he said.

Several previous sightings of possible debris in other areas have proved fruitless.

Diverted plane?
    Meanwhile, the Wall Street Journal said that US investigators suspected that the plane stayed airborne long after its last confirmed contact.

Citing two unidentified sources "familiar with the details", WSJ said that data downloaded from the Boeing 777's engines led investigators to believe that the plane flew for a total of five hours.

US officials are exploring whether someone on the plane could have turned off the aircraft's transponders to avoid radar detection, and then diverted the plane towards another location, WSJ added.

Chinese Premier Li Keqiang: "We will not give up on any suspected clue"
    Malaysian Airline and Boeing officials, as well as representatives from plane engine-makers Rolls-Royce, declined to comment on the points reported by WSJ.

Chinese Premier Li Keqiang made his comments at a press conference that came as China's annual parliament session ended: "We will not give up on any suspected clue that has been found.

"This is an international and large-scale search operation involving many countries."

With 154 Chinese citizens on board the missing jet, China has redeployed at least 10 of its satellites to help in the search.

The photographs of the three objects, the largest of which measures around 24 metres by 22 metres, were taken on Sunday, the day after the plane vanished, but were only published on Wednesday.

The wingspan of the missing Boeing 777 is around 61 metres. The satellite images place the objects 150 miles (250km) or so from the aircraft's last known position over the South China Sea and 250 miles from an oil rig on which a worker reported seeing a burning object in the sky on Saturday morning.

He also urged Malaysia to step up search efforts, saying: "The Chinese government has asked relevant parties to enhance co-ordination, investigate the cause, locate the missing plane as quickly as possible and properly handle all related matters."

Earlier, China's foreign ministry complained that there was "too much confusion" regarding information released about the plane's flight path.

The plane vanished late on Friday, about an hour after it took off from Kuala Lumpur.

No distress signal or message was sent from the flight, which was carrying 153 Chinese nationals among its passengers.

Earlier, Malaysian authorities revealed that the last communication from the jet suggested everything was normal on board.

Flight MH370 replied "All right, roger that" to a radio message from Malaysian air control, authorities said. Minutes later all contact with the plane was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Also you can search for plane wreckage via tomnod - http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/malaysiaairsar2014
    I've been searching for a few hours now. It's crazy how large of an area we're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

More from this morning's press conference from Malaysia Airlines:

Reports that the plane flew for hours are inaccurate; the last transmission they and Rolls Royce received from the planes engines was 1:07 am (about 20 minutes into the flight).

Pictures (posted above) of supposed debris fields are also inaccurate; these fields do not exist. China confirmed they were released in error.
    Last edited by strmmrgrrl; 03-13-2014 at 03:06 AM.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

The plane probably crashed on an island that moves.

This shit isn't right. I feel so bad for these people's families. There's a hell of a lot of fishiness or fuckyness going on here.

I'm not wearing any pants
    Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    They disappeared from radar over water so I don't think there was anywhere to land.
    Exactly. I don't get the big thing really...the plane crashed ...simple as that. Planes don't just dissappear. lmao.
    I can understand some of the interest in what happened but saying it's creepy and things to me is more cahhhreepy.
    The plane crashed and they can't see it because it's at the bottom of the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown Bitch View Post
    Exactly. I don't get the big thing really...the plane crashed ...simple as that. Planes don't just dissappear. lmao.
    I can understand some of the interest in what happened but saying it's creepy and things to me is more cahhhreepy.
    The plane crashed and they can't see it because it's at the bottom of the ocean.
    I think the reason people thinks it's creepy is b/c of the advances in technology we have now. GPS, tracking devices, etc.... How does a big ass plane just disappear?

I agree with you tho. I think the plane hit the water. Eventually, they will find the debris field.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    If the homing devices get wet they cease to work. Yep.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    In one article is says the beacon on the black box is designed to keep working under water and give off pings for over a month
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

technology isn't perfect.

1. Air France Flight 447 (2009)

If the Malaysian jet has crashed, this incident could be most similar to a deadly 2009 accident involving an Air France Airbus A330 that disappeared over the Atlantic en route from Rio de Janeiro to Paris.

As with the Malaysia Airlines flight, the Air France pilots issued no distress call. Investigators found nothing more about the plane or the 228 people on board for five days, when search-and-rescue teams finally found some of the tail section in the water.

(Also on POLITICO: Peter King on lost Malaysia Airlines flight: ‘Nothing is being ruled out’)

But the wreckage of the plane itself wasn’t found at the bottom of the sea for nearly two years, and it took yet another year for investigators to figure out the cause of the crash — ice crystals that had blocked the plane’s airspeed sensors, leading to a deadly stall.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...#ixzz2vrcN3FXY
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Everyone is comparing these two flights. Perhaps with cause and communications they may be similar. But as far as finding debris and wreckage they're nothing alike. There's a BIG difference between the Atlantic OCEAN and a GULF or SEA.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    In one article is says the beacon on the black box is designed to keep working under water and give off pings for over a month
    Get that from a conspiracy blog?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mis...missing-n49216

ELT signals are meant to continue broadcasting for 30 days, Curtis said, and they may be picked up by a variety of technology including satellites and aircraft searching overhead.

But that's only if the plane and ELT are on land. If the plane is underwater, that poses a new set of problems.

advertisement

"If the airplane had crashed on land and survived the impact, then there’s a probability that the actual ELT would still be working," former National Transportation Safety Board investigator Greg Feith said on TODAY on Saturday. "But when it goes into the water, it’s a whole different story."

Read More: Race Against Time in Search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

In that case, the plane's so-called black box has an Underwater Locator Beacon that "pings" out sound when submerged. But that would require searchers to be close enough to pick up the sound.

"You won’t get that signal above water, over the top of the water, using an airplane trying to find a signal,” Feith told TODAY.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Everyone is comparing these two flights. Perhaps with cause and communications they may be similar. But as far as finding debris and wreckage they're nothing alike. There's a BIG difference between the Atlantic OCEAN and a GULF or SEA.

My point is that a beacon box doesnt always mean shit.

They had (approx) the same amount of passengers, and both planes essentially disappeared with no warning, SOS, or beacon.

What makes you say the debris and wreckage is nothing alike? They both found pieces of the plane. The body of the Air France vessel wasn't found until two years later, which could just as likely happen here.

The Chinese gulf is also directly between the Indian Ocean and North Pacific. Since they can't find the plane I'm not sure why anyone would rule that out as a possibility.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

The last status update Pouria Nourmohammadi posted on his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pouria.nourmohammadi indicated he was ?feeling excited.? The 19-year-old Iranian had good reason to be: he was embarking on the first leg of a flight that would ultimately take him to Germany where his mother was waiting to help him begin a new life.
    But his journey was tragically interrupted. His flight, Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing early Saturday morning with all 239 people on board. Nearly four days later, no trace has been found of the Boeing 777 in spite of a massive search operation conducted by at least nine countries.

Nourmohammadi had earlier hinted he would be going on a long, life-changing trip. ?Because of some problems I will deactivate my account. Friends, seriously, if I?ve done any of you a bad turn, forgive me because maybe ?? he posted on his Facebook page on Feb. 24.

It was only when he started posting pictures of himself in Malaysia at popular Kuala Lumpur landmarks like the Petronas Towers that some of his friends realized he had left Iran.

?So you?ve gone as well?? wrote one on March 4. ?Will you ever return??

?No,? replied Nourmohammadi.

The revelation that two Iranians had boarded the Malaysian jetliner with stolen passports raised suspicions of hijacking or terrorism. However this was played down by authorities on Tuesday. Ronald Noble, secretary general of Interpol, said at a press conference that Nourmohammadi and 29-year-old Seyed Hamid Reza Delavar were ?probably not terrorists.?

The head of the Malaysian police force, Khalid Abu Bakar, also said on Tuesday that after having been in touch with Nourmohammadi?s mother in Frankfurt, he believed the teenager had been trying to reach Europe as an asylum seeker. Because of dire economic circumstances as well as restrictions on social freedoms at home, some Iranian youth opt to make such risky trips. Many of them must use illegal methods, usually involving human-trafficking rings. Nourmohammadi had left Iran with his official passport, but apparently used a stolen Austrian passport when he arrived in Kuala Lumpur.

Until a few weeks ago, Nourmohammadi?s Facebook page seemed much like that of any other 19-year-old. It has posts on cars, girls and video clips of youth poking fun at those in authority. But as he approaches his departure from Iran, his posts turn more cryptic, the youthful cheerfulness dims. Nourmohammadi knew he was taking a big risk: he asked friends to pray for him the night before he left. After he went through Kuala Lumpur International Airport?s passport control, he posted: ?Thanks to all of those who prayed for me, I?m safe.?

When news broke that he was on Flight 370, the comments started pouring in on his Facebook page.

?If only he would post exactly the same message again,? said Tannaz Nasr yesterday, commenting on his ?I?m safe? post.

?I?m waiting for a miracle,? commented Shaqayeq GT today.

?I don?t know you, but I wish from the bottom of my heart that you will return to your family,? said Vahid Ajami.

Some of those who commented made clear they saw Nourmohammadi as a victim. ?If you are no longer in this world then you are at last free my son ? damn those who forced you to flee your home,? wrote commenter Mojgan Shahnazi on Nourmohammadi?s picture in front of the Petronas Towers.
    http://time.com/20592/mh370-nourmoha...iran-malaysia/
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

Does anyone actually think it landed somewhere? I don't of course but yeah...just curious .

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    Does anyone actually think it landed somewhere? I don't of course but yeah...just curious .
    Oh it landed. It just wasn't an intentional landing.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/14/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

(CNN) -- Yet another theory is taking shape about what might have happened to missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: Maybe it landed in a remote Indian Ocean island chain.
    The suggestion -- and it's only that at this point -- is based on analysis of radar data revealed Friday by Reuters suggesting that the plane wasn't just blindly flying northwest from Malaysia.
    Reuters, citing unidentified sources familiar with the investigation, reported that whoever was piloting the vanished jet was following navigational waypoints that would have taken the plane over the Andaman Islands.

The radar data doesn't show the plane over the Andaman Islands, but only on a known route that would take it there, Reuters cited its sources as saying.
    Andaman Island editor: 'No plane here' 'Significant likelihood' plane in ocean
    The theory builds on earlier revelations by U.S. officials that an automated reporting system on the airliner was pinging satellites for hours after its last reported contact with air traffic controllers. That makes some investigators think the plane flew on for hours before truly disappearing.

Aviation experts say it's possible, if highly unlikely, that someone could have hijacked and landed the giant Boeing 777 undetected.

But Denis Giles, editor of the Andaman Chronicle newspaper, says there's just nowhere to land such a big plane in his archipelago without attracting notice.
    Indian authorities own the only four airstrips in the region, he said.
    "There is no chance, no such chance, that any aircraft of this size can come towards Andaman and Nicobar islands and land," he said.
    The Malaysian government said Friday it can't confirm the report.

And a senior U.S. official on Thursday offered a conflicting account, telling CNN that "there is probably a significant likelihood" the plane is on the bottom of the Indian Ocean.
    Regardless, India has deployed assets from its navy, coast guard and air force to the south Andaman Sea to take part in a search for Flight 370, the country's Ministry of Defense said Friday. The Indian navy is leading the operation, and its Maritime Operations Center in New Delhi is coordinating the effort, the ministry said.

Indian search teams are combing large areas of the archipelago. Two aircraft are searching land and coastal areas of the island chain from north to south, an Indian military spokesman said Friday, and two coast guard ships have been diverted to search along the islands' east coast.

The jetliner, with 239 people on board, disappeared nearly a week ago as it flew between Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and Beijing. The flight has turned into one of the biggest mysteries in aviation history, befuddling industry experts and government officials. Authorities still don't know where the plane is or what caused it to vanish.

Suggestions of what happened have ranged from a catastrophic explosion to hijacking to pilot suicide.
    Malaysian officials, who are coordinating the search, said Friday that the hunt for the plane was spreading deeper into both the Indian Ocean and the South China Sea.
    "A normal investigation becomes narrower with time, I understand, as new information focuses the search," said Hishammuddin Hussein, the minister in charge of defense and transportation. "But this is not a normal investigation. In this case, the information we have forces us to look further and further afield."

On Friday, the United States sent the destroyer USS Kidd to scout the Indian Ocean as the search expands into that body of water.
    "I, like most of the world, really have never seen anything like this," Cmdr. William Marks of the U.S. 7th Fleet told CNN of the scale of the search. "It's pretty incredible."
    "It's a completely new game now," he said. "We went from a chess board to a football field."

James Kallstrom, a former FBI assistant director, said it's possible the plane could have landed, though he added that more information is needed to reach a definitive conclusion. He referred to the vast search area.
    "You draw that arc and you look at countries like Pakistan, you know, and you get into your Superman novels and you see the plane landing somewhere and (people) repurposing it for some dastardly deed down the road," he told CNN's Jake Tapper on Thursday.

"I mean, that's not beyond the realm of realism. I mean, that could happen."
    Even so, he acknowledged the difficulty of reaching firm conclusions with scraps of information that sometimes conflict.
    "We're getting so much conflicting data," he said. "You veer one way, then you veer the other way. The investigators need some definitive, correct data."

On the seventh day of efforts to find the missing Boeing 777-200, here are the other main developments:
    ? Another lead: Chinese researchers say they recorded a "seafloor event" in waters around Malaysia and Vietnam about an hour and a half after the missing plane's last known contact. The event was recorded in a nonseismic region about 116 kilometers (72 miles) northeast of the plane's last confirmed location, the University of Science and Technology of China said.
    "Judging from the time and location of the two events, the seafloor event may have been caused by MH370 crashing into the sea," said a statement posted on the university's website.

? Tracking the pings: Malaysian authorities believe they have several "pings" from the airliner's service data system, known as ACARS, transmitted to satellites in the four to five hours after the last transponder signal, suggesting the plane flew to the Indian Ocean, a senior U.S. official told CNN.
    That information, combined with known radar data and knowledge of fuel range, leads officials to believe the plane may have made it as far as the Indian Ocean, which is in the opposite direction of the plane's original route, from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

? Why the Indian Ocean? Analysts from U.S. intelligence, the Federal Aviation Administration and National Transportation Safety Board have been scouring satellite feeds and, after ascertaining no other flights' transponder data corresponded to the pings, came to the conclusion that they were likely to have come from the missing Malaysian plane, the senior U.S. official said.
    Indian search teams are combing large areas of the Andaman and Nicobar islands, a remote archipelago in the northeast Indian Ocean.

? Malaysian response: In a statement Friday, Malaysia's Ministry of Transport neither confirmed nor denied the latest reports on the plane's possible path, saying that "the investigation team will not publicly release information until it has been properly verified and corroborated." The ministry said it was continuing to "work closely with the U.S. team, whose officials have been on the ground in Kuala Lumpur to help with the investigation since Sunday.
    U.S. experts are using satellite systems to try to determine the possible location of the plane, Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, director general of the Malaysian Department of Civil Aviation, said at a news conference Friday.

On Thursday, Malaysia Airlines Chief Executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said that Rolls-Royce, the maker of the plane's engines, and Boeing had reported that they hadn't received any data transmissions from the plane after 1:07 a.m. Saturday, 14 minutes before the transponder stopped sending information. He was responding to a Wall Street Journal report suggesting the missing plane's engines continued to send data to the ground for hours after contact with the transponder was lost.
    The Wall Street Journal subsequently changed its reporting to say that signals from the plane -- giving its location, speed and altitude -- were picked up by communications satellites for at least five hours after it disappeared. The last "ping" came from over water, the newspaper reported, citing unidentified people briefed on the investigation.
    Last edited by debk589; 03-14-2014 at 07:18 AM.

So it's been established that two separate communication/tracking devices on the plane were deliberately turned off--the data reporting system at 1:07 am and the transponder at 1:21 am. This was not part of a massive electronic failure b/c the plane kept flying for hours after that. Someone wanted to hide the plane's location.

Now this:

http://www.theage.com.au/world/malay...314-34sp1.html

REUTERS--Military radar data suggests a Malaysia Airlines jetliner missing for nearly a week was deliberately flown hundreds of kilometres off course, heightening suspicions of foul play among investigators, sources told Reuters on Friday.

Analysis of the Malaysia data suggests the plane, with 239 people on board, diverted from its intended northeast route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing and flew west instead, using airline flight corridors normally employed for routes to the Middle East and Europe, said sources familiar with investigations into the Boeing 777's disappearance.

Two sources said an unidentified aircraft that investigators believe was Flight MH370 was following a route between navigational waypoints when it was last plotted on military radar off the country's northwest coast.

This indicates that it was either being flown by the pilots or someone with knowledge of those waypoints, the sources said.

The last plot on the military radar's tracking suggested the plane was flying toward India's Andaman Islands, a chain of isles between the Andaman Sea and the Bay of Bengal, they said.

Waypoints are geographic locations, worked out by calculating longitude and latitude, that help pilots navigate along established air corridors.

A third source familiar with the investigation said inquiries were focusing increasingly on the theory that someone who knew how to fly a plane deliberately diverted the flight.

The last sighting of the aircraft on civilian radar screens came shortly before 1.30am. Malaysian time last Saturday (1730 GMT Friday), less than an hour after it took off from Kuala Lumpur, as the plane flew northeast across the mouth of the Gulf of Thailand. That put the plane on Malaysia's east coast.

Malaysia's air force chief said on Wednesday an aircraft that could have been the missing plane was plotted on military radar at 2.15am, 320 kilometres northwest of Penang Island off Malaysia's west coast.

This position marks the limit of Malaysia's military radar in that part of the country, a fourth source familiar with the investigation said.

The fact that the aircraft - if it was MH370 - had lost contact with air traffic control and was invisible to civilian radar suggested someone on board had turned off its communication systems, the first two sources said.

They also gave new details on the direction in which the unidentified aircraft was heading - following aviation corridors identified on maps used by pilots as N571 and P628. These routes are taken by commercial planes flying from Southeast Asia to the Middle East or Europe and can be found in public documents issued by regional aviation authorities.

In a far more detailed description of the military radar plotting than has been publicly revealed, the first two sources said the last confirmed position of MH370 was at 10,600 metres about 145 kilometres off the east coast of Malaysia, heading towards Vietnam, near a navigational waypoint called "Igari". The time was 1.21am.

The military track suggests it then turned sharply westwards, heading towards a waypoint called "Vampi", northeast of Indonesia's Aceh province and a navigational point used for planes following route N571 to the Middle East.

From there, the plot indicates the plane flew towards a waypoint called "Gival", south of the Thai island of Phuket, and was last plotted heading northwest towards another waypoint called "Igrex", on route P628 that would take it over the Andaman Islands and which carriers use to fly towards Europe.

The time was then 2.15am. That is the same time given by the air force chief on Wednesday, who gave no information on that plane's possible direction.

The sources said Malaysia was requesting raw radar data from neighbours Thailand, Indonesia and India, which has a naval base in the Andaman Islands.

On a map:

Last edited by *crickets*; 03-14-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Well damn. I don't think they had enough fuel to make it much further than that. Hopefully this is really where it is and they can find the wreckage and give those families some closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    Well damn. I don't think they had enough fuel to make it much further than that. Hopefully this is really where it is and they can find the wreckage and give those families some closure.
    They had enough fuel to fly to the flight's original destination, Beijing, with a scheduled arrival at 2230 GMT. The last time it was detected heading towards the Andaman Islands was 1715 GMT. The plane would have still had over 5 hours of fuel remaining at that point. It could have easily made it to the Andaman Islands or even into India.

My guess is some organization wanted to steal a 777. Where is security lax enough to board the plane? Where is active radar minimal? Where is a reachable location where local authorities are corrupt and easily bribed and the plane could be refueled? By now I suspect that the plane is far away and securely hidden and the passengers either expended or being held for eventual release.
    My avatar? My daughter drew a picture of me.

Thread Information