Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rebecca Sedwick (12) Commits Suicide After 1.5 Years of Being Bullied

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    I think in a lot of these cases, what is actually depression is blamed on "being bullied." This girl had a history of cutting, and BEFORE LEAVING THAT MORNING, she'd made comments about wanting to hurt herself. For fucks sake, this is a parent fail, not social media's fault. She should have been helped, not shielded.

And "public shaming" of a child sounds like it would be effective, for sure. Really?
    This x 10000000
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Two arrests made in cyberbullying suicide case

Katelyn Roman, 12(L) Guadelupe Shaw, 14(R)

POLK COUNTY, Fla.--Two girls have been arrested in the death of a 12-year-old central Florida girl who authorities said committed suicide after being cyberbullied for nearly a year.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd identified the two girls who were arrested as Katelyn Roman, 12, and Guadalupe Shaw, 14, during a news conference Tuesday morning in Winter Haven.

Both girls have been charged with felony aggravated stalking.

A man who answered the phone at Shaw's Lakeland home identified himself as her father and said his daughter was "a good girl" and he was "100 percent sure that whatever they're saying about my daughter is not true." However, Judd revealed an alleged Facebook post by Shaw, who used the name Guadalupe Borgen, that read, "Yes IK I bullied REBECCA nd she killed her self but IDGAF." Judd said the status update was posted on Saturday.

Judd said the bullying began after the Shaw started dating a boy that Rebecca had been seeing. She "didn't like that and began to harass and ultimately torment Rebecca," Judd said.

Roman was Rebecca's former best friend, but Judd said Shaw turned her against Rebecca. Other girls also stopped being friends with the girl in fear of being bullied, the sheriff said. At the time, the three girls attended Crystal Lake Middle School. Several students corroborated stories of both girls bullying Sedwick on different occasions through name-calling, intimidation, threats to beat her up and at least one actual physical fight.

Judd said neither girl's parents wanted to bring their daughters to the sheriff's office, so detectives went to their homes and arrested them. Judd said the Shaw was "very cold, had no emotion at all upon her arrest."

After the suicide, police looked at the girl's computer and found search queries for topics including, "What is overweight for a 13-year-old girl," "how to get blades out of razors" and "how many over-the-counter drugs do you take to die."

"Watch what your children do online. Pay attention what your kids are doing. Quit being their best friend and be their best parent," said Judd.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, felony charges. Mean girls everywhere, take note...
    Last edited by *crickets*; 10-16-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Whoa whoa whoa public shaming as discipline? Are you serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Now we have a picture of those two little cunts, and their Parent of the Year nominee parents will stay in denial despite all the evidence that points directly to them. Assholes. Fuck you, Katelyn and Guadalupe..and your parents too.

And I'm not averse to public shaming as discipline in some cases. A girl is dead. There's no coming back from that. If that means these bitches get taunted for what they did, then maybe they'll feel some of the pain they caused Rebecca and actually learn something.

Yes, there are other ways to discipline, but sometimes people deserve exactly what they did to others to happen to them.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

http://www.today.com/news/fed-sherif...ble-8C11401636

After investigating the suicide of a 12-year-old girl for nearly a month, a Florida sheriff was so outraged by a remorseless Facebook post on Saturday that he arrested a pair of teenage girls in connection with the case.

After Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd saw a post on Facebook that he claims was written by one of the alleged bullies, he decided to move for a swift arrest. On Monday, authorities arrested the alleged 14-year-old author of the post and another 12-year-old girl allegedly involved in the bullying of Rebecca Sedwick, who committed suicide on Sept. 9.

The girls were charged with third-degree felony aggravated stalking and released to their parents.

?On Saturday morning, the 14-year-old did something that was despicable on top of what she already did that was terrible,?? Judd told Matt Lauer on TODAY Wednesday. ?That was a post she put on Facebook, and that post said, ?I know Rebecca is dead, and I don?t care.? The words were much more graphic than that, or the letters were. So we looked at that and said, ?She doesn?t get this at all.'''

Judd spoke with his detectives and supervisors on Monday afternoon, and they told him they had enough of a case to charge the girls, who were arrested on Monday night. In her alleged post on Facebook that hastened the arrests, authorities say the 14-year-old who has been charged wrote, ?Yes ik (I know) I bullied Rebecca nd she killed her self but IDGAF."

At a news conference on Tuesday, Judd showed the girls? pictures and released their names, but because they are minors, TODAY is not printing their names. The bullying began when the 14-year-old started dating a boy that Sedwick had been seeing, according to the sheriff. The older girl threatened to fight Sedwick when they were sixth-graders at Crystal Lake Middle School last year and also convinced the 12-year-old to start bullying Sedwick, according to Judd. The younger girl then beat up Sedwick at school, Judd said.

Rebecca Ann Sedwick is pictured in this undated handout photo courtesy of Polk County Sheriff's Office in Florida. Two girls, ages 12 and 14, have bee...
    HANDOUT / Reuters
    Rebecca Ann Sedwick, 12, jumped to her death in September.
    ?We were going to arrest them anyway, but we were trying to put the entire case together, and as you know, we?re having trouble getting information from (social media site) Ask.fm because they?re offshore, so it was taking some time,?? Judd said. ?But when we saw that cavalier attitude, when we saw that despite Rebecca dying, jumping to her death, being bullied by this girl and another girl, and she?s back on Facebook, she can be taunting or bullying another child. We?re not going to accept that.?

A man who answered the phone at the 14-year-old's Lakeland home and said he was her father told the Associated Press that "none of it's true."

"My daughter's a good girl and I'm 100 percent sure that whatever they're saying about my daughter is not true," he told the AP.

The parents of the 14-year-old also told ABC News that their daughter's Facebook page was hacked, and she did not make that post.

Authorities claim that Sedwick was bullied online and at school by as many as 15 girls. On Sept. 9, she climbed a tower in an abandoned concrete plant and jumped to her death. Sedwick had transferred to another school after the alleged physical bullying, but still was harassed on social media, according to authorities. Judd said at the news conference that there were posts by the 14-year-old girl directed to Sedwick saying things like ?Drink bleach and die?No one likes you.?

?There was a lot of intervention,?? Judd said. ?She was a very fragile child and those words stung and they hurt and they depressed her, so despite the interventions that were tried, still with all mom did, the child had access to the Internet and to the text-messaging systems and to the social media, and that?s how the bullies got to her.

?Mom actually physically separated them by moving schools, taking her out of schools. At the end of the day, though, they were able to get to her because of the social media and the taunting and the harassing and the intimidating that went on and on and on, and ultimately she texted a friend and said, ?I?m gonna jump.? And she did.??

Judd added that his department also is looking into charging the two girls? parents if possible.

?Right now there are no criminal charges that we can find, but if we could find a contributing to the dependency or delinquency of a child (charge), we certainly would bring that charge because I can tell you, the parents are in total denial,?? Judd told Lauer. ?They don?t think there?s a problem here, and that is the problem. It?s kind of like the apple doesn?t fall far from the tree, that?s what we have here. The parents are in denial and they even let her have her Facebook access after she bullied this child and after they knew it. That?s terrible. That?s why we moved fast to lock their daughter up.?[/QUOTE]

Hacked and set up, or their daughter is a cunt?

I think some parents think that a "hack" is the same as someone pointing the finger. I mean best case for her is she left her account open in the Apple store or some shit.

Also:

Better sound.

Yeah, this little shit is on fb boasting about how she DGAF? Sad that all she'll probably get is probation..

Those parents are in complete denial. No wonder their daughter turned out the way she is, clearly the parents are inept.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Ohhh helllllll no. Those parents need the shit beat out of them. One for not understanding the seriousness of what happened and two for denying it was their daughter despite overwhelming proof. Where do these fucking asshole families come from? I want to know? Does the crazy train that stops to let these fuckstains off stop in every city and town? I hope the fuck not.

A girl is dead, and your daughter is directly responsible for the situation that led to her death. You need to shut your fucking mouth, pull your head out of your ass, grow some fucking balls, be sorry for what she did, and show decency enough to own up to her part in this whole ordeal. You still get to kiss your bitchass daughter goodnight. Another family isn't so lucky. Fuck your family.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

God, those two kids look AWFUL... like they never sleep, especially the blonde. A 12-year-old shouldn't look that haggard. Unless they're staying up all night bullying people on the Internet.

I mean, I HATE the "bully bandwagon" where if someone tells a kid her outfit is ugly she's all "wwwaaaa you're such a bully I'm gonna kill myself". That's obnoxious. And silly. I don't fault these girls 100% for Rebecca's death as if they picked up a knife and stabbed her to death; clearly Rebecca had some issues before all this even happened. BUT, this does sound like a pretty harsh case if Rebecca changed schools to get away from the physical bullying and it continued so badly online she felt driven to do this. Regardless, I think these two little girls are a couple of cunts, their parents are in denial and complete dumbasses, and they deserve a scare like this, especially after the 14 year old posted that on her Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I mean, I HATE the "bully bandwagon" where if someone tells a kid her outfit is ugly she's all "wwwaaaa you're such a bully I'm gonna kill myself". That's obnoxious. And silly. I don't fault these girls 100% for Rebecca's death as if they picked up a knife and stabbed her to death; clearly Rebecca had some issues before all this even happened. BUT, this does sound like a pretty harsh case if Rebecca changed schools to get away from the physical bullying and it continued so badly online she felt driven to do this. Regardless, I think these two little girls are a couple of cunts, their parents are in denial and complete dumbasses, and they deserve a scare like this, especially after the 14 year old posted that on her Facebook.
    what ever happened to parents communicating with other parents when their children are being shits?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Those were the good ole days.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    what ever happened to parents communicating with other parents when their children are being shits?
    That's what I always did. I did it in a way where I was NOT saying their kid was a little shit (even tho I thought that in my head), but I treated the parents with respect and my daughter and I both took responsibility for the issues that were happening. Every parent I've dealt with always worked out. The situation always ended then.

Now my SIL- she's a complete thrown-off bitch. She starts arguing with the kids on facebook, then she argues with the parents. Then usually the school principal gets involved. If my SIL came at me like that- yes, right away I would shut her the fuck down. My SIL would be one parent that you can not communicate with to work out kid drama. I suspect there are a lot of parents like that now. It can be a touchy thing messing with parents. You never know what you are going to get.

i mean, i don't even have kids, but i remember how embarrassing it was when the parents had to 'have a talk' or when i had to apologize for something in front of a bunch of people. those things are pretty much what kept me straight.

your SIL sounds like a nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Like anything else, common sense is required.
    My friend's daughter took her life, and her fb memorial got trolled. People claimed she killed herself due to bullying and the parents went all out trying to refocus the conversation on the mental health issue that claimed their child , not the bullying buzzword.
    That said, it is atrocious how teenagers treat each other and I am glad that negative behavior like this is being addressed. Forget "fault" , kids need to be held responsible for what they say and the impact it has on others.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    Like anything else, common sense is required.
    My friend's daughter took her life, and her fb memorial got trolled. People claimed she killed herself due to bullying and the parents went all out trying to refocus the conversation on the mental health issue that claimed their child , not the bullying buzzword.
    That said, it is atrocious how teenagers treat each other and I am glad that negative behavior like this is being addressed. Forget "fault" , kids need to be held responsible for what they say and the impact it has on others.

ALL my group therapy kids heard about this story ..and have a more comprehensive understanding of the issues on all sides than most adults Ive seen
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan

ALL my group therapy kids heard about this story ..and have a more comprehensive understanding of the issues on all sides than most adults Ive seen
    I understand that the world gets rough, and not everyone is your friend, but when it gets to the point of literal torture that the person doesn't want to go to school anymore, it needs to be addressed. It's not the same as an adult saying "the boss is a big meanie." These are kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I understand that the world gets rough, and not everyone is your friend, but when it gets to the point of literal torture that the person doesn't want to go to school anymore, it needs to be addressed. It's not the same as an adult saying "the boss is a big meanie." These are kids!
    Absolutely. There is no reason the issue cant be addressed on all ends. Build up the fragile kids but address the assholes

Absolutely. There is no reason the issue cant be addressed on all ends. Build up the fragile kids but address the assholes
    Some people have a serious problem with checking assholes. I don't get it.

I mean sure, every once in awhile they target some weak kid that just cannot take the heat, but a lot of these little fuckers are straight up sadists. Or as Don Glover calls them: Little Hitlers.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 10-16-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Thread Information