Page 694 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 194 594 644 684 692 693 694 695 696 704 744 794 1194 ... LastLast
Results 17,326 to 17,350 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by aaronsmommy View Post
    I didn't hear the state actually rest??? Did that happen and I missed it? Or were we expecting it after the break - cuz I didn't hear it then, either.
    Martinez says something very softly right before they took the last recess. Maricopa court twitter said he's rested.

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

I didn't hear the state actually rest??? Did that happen and I missed it? Or were we expecting it after the break - cuz I didn't hear it then, either.
    Beth Karas tweeted it. That's the only thing I heard about it. But the WAT guy is saying that Wednesday will be the DT calling their own psychologist to dispute Dr Demarte.

For anyone interested, you can see the shockwave in the below video.

So you're saying there would be another trial if we drop four more jurors???? Oh no!!!! His poor family! I hope that doesn't happen.

;/
    Last edited by Poppycock; 05-09-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    They'd better get this done, before we lose all the friggin' jury members. Dropping like flies!!
    I think this is the defense's master plan...............

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Wow, nothing about trajectory at all. Wonder why? Esp. with all those "I believe"s and "I think"s from Horne...seems like we could have used one more angle to disprove Jodi's story besides the 'immediately incapacitating' line.
    I agree. I am shocked there was no expert on the angle. Only because he said the brain was so decomposed. I am not impressed with ME. They needed Dr. G!

Juror 7 description from WS court-watcher.

8.The CEO-Good looking man, mid 50's with goatee. Can see him being the jury foreman.
    I called this guy "The Dad". He looks nothing like my dad, Lol, but for whatever reason... I got a fatherly feel from him

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by elamir View Post
    Camille Kimball ‏@CamilleKimball 4m

He was a man who took a lot of notes and put a question in the jury box for Dr Horne this morning. #JodiArias
    I almost wonder if he was so fed up with this circus that he put a note in the box that radiated anger/frustration? If he did, I hope he went out with a bang.

Juror #8 released...

This late in the proceedings, my best guess is he self reported seeing something in the media about the trial???

Quote Originally Posted by Blah28 View Post
    Do we know for sure that he did something wrong. Maybe something came up in his personal life that left him simply unable to go further. Who knows for sure. Not saying he DIDNT do something worthy of getting kicked off, but it might have been his own choice. I really hope we don't lose any more jurors. Im sure wormi is all excited. How many more do they have to get booted in order for there to be a mistrial? Four more? I've lost track.
    Jurors 5, 11, and 8 are gone. 3 Alternates remain.

Quote Originally Posted by elamir View Post
    Do drug/bombing sniffing dogs go into jury room, then juror gets bumped, all very interesting, but I have no doubt this a move by the defence, this was a good juror and now he's gone.
    If he has drugs he is NOT a good juror.
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

i dont know what i going to do until weds

man, i need to get my life back

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    Donovan and her spawn are staring at the ceiling on HLN. What is up there?
    Travis smiling about the last few days' testimony!

Per twitter, juror #8 was not in court this morning at all.
    Though that conflicts with other reports that say he was one that submitted a question for Dr. Horn today. WTF

well the defense did something this is palin right b4 the judge announced juror 8 was gone

Hopefully this means that the prosecution hasn't rested yet, they denied the DT calling the psych, and we have another prosecution witness next Wednesday.
    :o)

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    Well, don't you know that Jodi was an abused woman and so the very fact that Travis was (supposedly) still alive, despite being butchered, he was still a danger to Jodi.

EXACTLY.

Yes, I believe Willmott was suggesting that because he could be slumped over with a slit throat, the shot couldn't have been last, because the angle was wrong. She's wrong. Dr. Horne himself said a person could sit in a chair. He certainly then could be leaned up against a wall, or the shower stall. And if the trajectory was downwards -- as I recall it was -- then Jodi could certainly have shot him like that and produced the result that occurred.

Most likely the gunshot came last, after she dragged him back to the bathroom, and he was still making sounds. She was worried that he was still not dead. And being close to the time his roommate would've returned home, no doubt the gun shot was to finish him off and make sure he was truly and complete dead before she grabbed the evidence and made a break for it.

Those wounds were obviously not survivable at all. But, had Enrique come home and head some kind of noise from Travis' room, he would discovered the body much earlier.
    Shot had to come last because the bullet casing was found close to the shower in dried blood. I think she shot him before she shoved him in the shower.

I wish I could feel justified in saying that Jodi's picking them off one-by-one to better her chances of a female juror group, but that's probably not the case. Juror #8 did something, saw something, heard something, and it was made known to the defense.

I am surprised JM did not really go over the photos with this medical examiner. I was not impressed with him. Anyway, just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by alyoop View Post
    hmm, now I have a question. would the deflection by the bullet hitting the skull make the bullet NOT go thru the frontal lobe? i hate being confused by stuff like that. I wish I had einstein's IQ
    In the autopsy, Dr. Horn could see where the bullet entered the skull and where it exited the skull. The frontal lobe is between these two points, so the bullet had to go through his frontal lobe.

If I recall from Dr. Horn's original testimony, he pointed toward a spot between the eyes as where the bullet exited the skull cavity. From there, the bullet traveled thru Travis's face, stopping in his upper cheek somewhere. The potential deflection locations would be when the bullet exits the skull or when it hits his cheekbone.

If you look at those 3 points on Travis's face, it doesn't appear much deflection occurred.

The state rested today peeps. The judge just forgot to give him a second to say it. She started to release the jury and JM had to get it in there real quick. You can hear him say it twice right as the jury is about to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    I wish I could feel justified in saying that Jodi's picking them off one-by-one to better her chances of a female juror group, but that's probably not the case. Juror #8 did something, saw something, heard something, and it was made known to the defense.
    Right! it's ridiculous to pass blame when they can't simply remove a juror without just cause.
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by denn View Post
    The wound to the chest was more like someone getting an artery tear ( like Princess Diana), meaning they could live for a short while. He was dead in what, 2 minutes?
    The superior vena cava (located in the chest/upper right thoracic region) is a major vein carrying deoxygenated blood back to the heart, it is not an artery, which pumps oxygenated blood out from the heart to the rest of your body with considerable velocity.

When veins are severed due to an external wound/injury there is not the amount of blood seen spurting out with great velocity as you would see when a major artery is severed, cut.

As a recovery room nurse, I often draw post op arterial blood gases (check oxygen saturation etc.) from the radial artery (in the wrist, where a pulse can be taken). That is only a small, precise puncture with a fine needle, but still, requires pressure post puncture to limit the blood flow out from the site.
    "I'm not talking about a person, I'm talking about the defendant." JM

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    Martinez says something very softly right before they took the last recess. Maricopa court twitter said he's rested.
    Yes, he said "The State rests" but there was a lot of movements in the courtroom, so it was hard to hear. I must say, I expected better questions from JM for the ME. Only testimony of the rebuttal that I wasn't wowed by.

Thread Information