View Poll Results: What will the outcome of the George Zimmerman trial be?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty of 2nd degree murder

16 19.51%
  • Guilty of manslaughter

40 48.78%
  • Guilty of aggravated battery

2 2.44%
  • Guilty of culpable negligence

2 2.44%
  • Guilty of felony battery

0 0%
  • Not Guilty

16 19.51%
  • Hung Jury

6 7.32%
Page 90 of 332 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 190 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 8286

Thread: The Trayvon Martin discussion

A little less angry but some good points

meh - i can't listen to a grown man who resorts to calling a reenage girl names to make a point

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    meh - i can't listen to a grown man who resorts to calling a reenage girl names to make a point
    That's what I think bothers me the most about this whole case. GZ is an adult, and Trayvon was only a teenager. GZ was acting like a man child on that day, and Trayvon paid with his life.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Molly West made a huge mistake pissing off Black Twitter!

Nice.

I don't care about the girl's personal pictures - the ones that she's taking during actual court? That's a different story. Like I said before, this isn't a game. Someone is dead and if she's a part of the defense team, she's making a mockery out of the courtroom. All I can think about is that while they're there taking selfies and smiling, Trayvon's parents are listening to testimony on how their child died. It's just tasteless and makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Huh? you're a woman?

Trayvons Stepmother on Anderson Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Molly West made a huge mistake pissing off Black Twitter!

meh, she's a fucking idiot. a hot one, though haha. but those pictures do not matter to me. although i get the whole thing about people using the argument of comparing them to how people are trying to portray trayvon as a thug wannabe (shit, i'm pretty damn sure i took some stupid pics as a teen ) , west's daughter is not the one on trial for murdering a teenager.

like someone said, its the pictures she is taking in the courtroom that should be addressed. its unprofessional, and her tweets as well. i wonder what her opinion about the case would be if her dad was not on the defense team. she's probably acting the way she is only because of that. who knows.

i still think her behavior is unprofessional, regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    they asked the nurse practitoner and she said he wasn't fat, just saying what was on the bmi scale

Shayan Modarres, Esq ‏@ModarresLaw 7m

Trayvon last call disconnects at 7:15:43. 1st 911 call 7:16:11. TM shot at 7:16:51. Officer Smith arrives 7:17:40 Timeline timeline timeline
    So, this is incorrect, then?
    Folgate also gave Zimmerman's measurements from the day after the shooting: 5-foot-7.5, 204 pounds. His body mass index rated him obese, she said. The medical records also described Zimmerman, whose mother is Peruvian and who self-identifies as Hispanic, as a white male.http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...in-mark-o-mara
    A bmi calculator http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/...MI/bmicalc.htm

Has anyone found a transcript of Friday's testimony, or a You-tube video?
    Last edited by I doubt it; 06-30-2013 at 02:05 AM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    So, this is incorrect, then?

Has anyone found a transcript of Friday's testimony, or a You-tube video?
    On u tube. TheTawniDilly . He/she is constantly loading there. Friday's testimony is there in 3 parts to make it easier to watch.

[QUOTE=oh right;3453359]So, this is incorrect, then?

It really doesn't mean that much. This guy's half an inch shorter -

Critique my physique...5'7 200 lbs

I still don't understand why you'd repeatedly focus on something like this to defend GZ, but at the same time repeatedly ignore GZ's verified history of violence? I don't believe you're really oblivious to exactly how selective you're being when you make your "points".

If your point in posting in this thread really was to quell potential riots & protect innocents (as you claimed here earlier) then you'd be condemning inflammatory remarks, not making them. A child can see that a person saying one race is "shorter" & "not as smart" as another is out to cause trouble, not fix it (& that's a fact, as confirmed by one shocked, confused & disgusted 9 yr old).

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    On u tube. TheTawniDilly . He/she is constantly loading there. Friday's testimony is there in 3 parts to make it easier to watch.
    I found croakerqueen, I only saw Arias videos on TawniDilly, maybe she changed her account again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs7bTTlHLyI

I found croakerqueen, I only saw Arias videos on TawniDilly, maybe she changed her account again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs7bTTlHLyI
    Tawnidilly's account brings up all the videos for this case too when I look at it

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTawniDilly

blighted star - You are referring to something the mods asked that we not discuss anymore, so I will not respond.

The U.S. body mass indicator calculates Trayvon as normal weight and George as obese. If he was muscular, I'm sure the prosecution's witness would have testified to that.

A lot of people here state that GZ shouldn't have gotten out of his car, or he shouldn't have had a gun, but neither of those things are illegal in the state of Florida, where the case is being tried. Assaulting someone is illegal, and the case will be judged by who committed the first assault.

blighted star - You are referring to something the mods asked that we not discuss anymore, so I will not respond.

The U.S. body mass indicator calculates Trayvon as normal weight and George as obese. If he was muscular, I'm sure the prosecution's witness would have testified to that.

A lot of people here state that GZ shouldn't have gotten out of his car, or he shouldn't have had a gun, but neither of those things are illegal in the state of Florida, where the case is being tried. Assaulting someone is illegal, and the case will be judged by who committed the first assault.
    Following someone and confronting them is deliberately provoking someone

Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    Following someone and confronting them is deliberately provoking someone
    Provoking is not the assault itself. Following is not the assault itself. Confronting is not the assault itself. These are contributing factors though.
    I don't know how the jury will actually determine who made the first body contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    Provoking is not the assault itself. Following is not the assault itself. Confronting is not the assault itself. These are contributing factors though..
    Uh, Yeah. Especially considering the assault wouldn't have happened without the following, and provoking. And to this, seeing that TM was the one followed and provoked, technically the stand your ground would be in his court.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Uh, Yeah. Especially considering the assault wouldn't have happened without the following, and provoking. And to this, seeing that TM was the one followed and provoked, technically the stand your ground would be in his court.
    Shorter Freethinker "Trayvon Martin wasn't committing any crime, but he looked like a criminal to George so that should be enough"
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    I wonder why Molly is "mortified"?

George Zimmerman's lawyer took 'ice cream selfie' during trial recess
    1 day ago

How does one top opening a murder trial with a knock-knock joke? Why an ice cream selfie on Instagram, of course! Just a few hours after his knock-knock joke fell flat, defense lawyer in the George Zimmerman murder trial Don West spent the court recess with his daughters getting ice cream. The threesome took a photo of themselves enjoying the tasty treats, which West's daughter Molly then posted on Instagram with the description "We beat stupidity celebration cones" and the hashtags #zimmerman, #defense and #dadkilledit. Buzzfeed reports the Instagram account has since been closed and a family spokesperson claims daughter Molly is "mortified." [Source]

Trending topic: don west ice cream | Click to see more on msnNOW.com

Quote Originally Posted by Key West Digger View Post
    Because she got caught?
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

George Zimmerman talked to Sanford police a half-dozen times, going over what happened the night he killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. In the retelling, parts of his story changed. His account also does not line up with other evidence.

Here are some of the most prominent inconsistencies:

Where the confrontation happened

In his first recorded interview with police the night of the Feb. 26 shooting, Zimmerman said Trayvon popped out at him from "the bushes."

By the time he re-enacted the shooting less than 24 hours later, however, Zimmerman was much more precise, and the spot he pointed out had no bushes nearby.

As he walked police through what happened where, he said Trayvon approached him from his left rear and at a spot near the intersection of two sidewalks.

What Trayvon said

In that first taped interview with Sanford police Investigator Doris Singleton, Zimmerman said that when he and Trayvon came face to face on that sidewalk, Trayvon said, "What the [expletive][is] your problem, homey?"

During the next 24 hours, Zimmerman's version of what Trayvon said would change slightly, becoming less offensive with each telling.

In another interview later that night, he told Investigator Chris Serino that Trayvon said, "You got a problem?"

During the re-enactment the next afternoon, he told police that Trayvon yelled, "Yo, you got a problem?"

Also, a 16-year-old Miami girl told prosecutors she heard something different. She said she was on the phone with Trayvon at the time and heard him say, "What are you following me for?"

Dispatcher asked him to find Trayvon

After first spotting Trayvon and dialing a nonemergency police number, Zimmerman parked his truck while he talked with the dispatcher, asking that an officer come to the scene.

While still on the line, he drove a short distance down the street before parking again.

Why did he move his truck?

During the re-enactment the day after the shooting, Zimmerman told detectives it was because he had lost sight of the 17-year-old, and the dispatcher asked him to find him.

A review of Zimmerman's recorded call with the dispatcher, though, shows there was no such request.

Did he follow Trayvon?

In his call to police before the shooting, Zimmerman can be heard huffing and puffing as if he had been running or walking fast.

"Are you following him?" the dispatcher asked.

"Yeah," Zimmerman answered.

"OK, we don't need you to do that," the dispatcher said.

"OK," Zimmerman said.

But after the shooting, he offered a different reason for getting out of his truck. Serino pressed him for an explanation three days later.

I was "just going in the same direction he was," Zimmerman said. He had exited his truck, he said, to get a street address for authorities.

"Did you pursue the kid? Did you want to catch him?" Serino asked.

"No," said Zimmerman.

Serino challenged him further: "How do you not know the three streets in your neighborhood [where] you've been living for three years?"

Zimmerman replied that he had a bad memory and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.

Other inconsistencies

Investigators also pointed out to Zimmerman in a Feb. 29 interrogation several other discrepancies, but he did not clear them up:

?He had said that during their struggle, Trayvon covered Zimmerman's nose and mouth with his hands, but in a recorded 911 call from a neighbor in which someone can be heard screaming for help, none of the cries sound muffled.

?Zimmerman had injuries but not ones that matched the severity of the attack he described, according to Serino. If Trayvon had been banging Zimmerman's head on the sidewalk, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer should have had skull fractures, not just cuts, Serino said.

?There were no defensive wounds on Zimmerman's hands and just one small scrape on a finger of Trayvon's left hand, Serino said ? little evidence of life-and-death struggle.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...patcher-police

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    Because she got caught?
    Bingo. She's even more mortified now that she pissed off Black Twitter and they started posting her drunken, passed out on the floor pictures - pictures she put out in the public domain.

Evidence Photos (84) from Zimmerman Trial:
    http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/...orge-zimmerman
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Because anyone with half a brain who is in the public eye would have to issue an "I'm so dumb, forgive me!" Apology for that.

BMI is a crock of shit, btw. It doesn't take muscle mass into consideration, so therefore most very athletically fit people are classified as "obese" by it. George Z is is fat fuck now but the reason that was so noticeable was because he was relatively fit previously.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Because anyone with half a brain who is in the public eye would have to issue an "I'm so dumb, forgive me!" Apology for that.

BMI is a crock of shit, btw. It doesn't take muscle mass into consideration, so therefore most very athletically fit people are classified as "obese" by it. George Z is is fat fuck now but the reason that was so noticeable was because he was relatively fit previously.
    I know I'm reading too much into it, but was the weight gain some sort of strategy?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information