Thread: Mom accused of letting 9-year old drive

Mom accused of letting 9-year old drive

Mom accused of letting 9-year-old girl drive

By Paul Shockley
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011
    A Grand Junction mother faces criminal charges for allegedly allowing her 9-year-old daughter to drive across Grand Junction at least twice over the span of two days last week. Lori Ann Rogers, 36, was cited on suspicion of two counts of permitting an unauthorized minor to drive, four counts of child abuse, four counts of reckless endangerment and two counts of operating an uninsured vehicle, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
    Rogers was the focus of an investigation Saturday when officers around 1:30 p.m. received reports of a driver ?tailgating, slamming on brakes, cutting off other motorists, weaving, etc.,? the summons said.
    The summons alleged Rogers? daughter, 9, had driven a 1994 Lexus sedan from a residence in the 2600 block of B 1/2 Road to Mesa Mall. Rogers was also in the vehicle, in addition to a 10-month-old child in a car seat behind the driver.
    Police spokeswoman Kate Porras said an officer contacted the Lexus after it had stopped, and after going through the drive-thru of McDonalds, 2438 U.S. Highway 6 & 50.
    An officer watched as an employee delivered a meal to Rogers, who was sitting in the driver?s side of the vehicle, Porras said. Walking away, the employee told the officer, ?Oh, they changed seats,? Porras said.
    Witnesses told officers they saw the girl driving earlier.
    The investigation did not determine why the girl was allowed to drive, Porras said.
    As a result of Saturday?s investigation, Rogers was cited on suspicion of allowing the same girl to drive a day prior. Porras said a witness Friday reported to police that a young girl at Go-Fer Foods, 2146 Broadway, had explained she was ?learning to drive.?
    ?The witness reported watching the child drive out of the parking lot,? Porras said.

I don't have a problem with letting the kid drive, but start her out in the country, let her get some practice before you set her loose in traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

My grandson is 9. I don't know if he could see over the steering wheel and reach the pedals.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Quote Originally Posted by deeply shaded View Post
    My grandson is 9. I don't know if he could see over the steering wheel and reach the pedals.
    That's a perquisite?

But yeah the kid needs to be able to reach the pedals.

I was driving at nine but it was at my Uncles house in the country... from the house out the the field to deliver lunch or the like. Never off the property.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Phone books work nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by irishkat View Post
    Phone books work nicely.
    But sitting up higher makes reaching the pedals even harder. Unless you're also putting phone books on the pedals.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I don't have a problem with letting the kid drive, but start her out in the country, let her get some practice before you set her loose in traffic.
    haha, i drove around this age. out in the country (near mumford, tx). it was fun as hell. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I drove when I was that young too in the country. Not to the mall and McDonald's drive thru though LOL

I don't think I drove that young. Well, maybe a tractor with my dad with me.

yeah, i was on my dad's lap when i drove. it wasn't just me driving by myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

yeah maybe I was at least 11. But my mom would just sit next to me and let me drive. There was a few scary times for sure....

But sitting up higher makes reaching the pedals even harder. Unless you're also putting phone books on the pedals.
    Tie blocks to their feet!

Usually in these stories the parent is drunk. Good on her.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    I drove at this age too I drove our jeep in the woods by our cabin.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by angelicajustice View Post
    yeah maybe I was at least 11. But my mom would just sit next to me and let me drive. There was a few scary times for sure....
    I'm sure I drove before 11, but I specifically remember one time driving at the age of 11 when my Dad threw a BBQ/Pool party. After the party was over, he was wasted and said "Let's go to the store... you're driving." I was a little bad-ass and happily jumped in the driver's seat, drove to the grocery store about 5 miles from our house and waited in the parking lot for him to buy more beer. I waited forever in the car. FOREVER. He eventually came back out empty-handed and asked "What did we come here for?" I had to go back into the store with him, and he got so excited when we found the beer aisle that he let me pick out something for myself. I must have had a fucktheTigerBeat attitude because I instead, decided on a Strawberry Hill Boone's Farm. I hope no one passes judgement on my poor ole' Dad. He put his parenting foot down when he wouldn't let me drink it until I drove us back home safely.

True story

Thread Information