Page 368 of 396 FirstFirst ... 268 318 358 366 367 368 369 370 378 ... LastLast
Results 9,176 to 9,200 of 9896

Thread: just movie talk...

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I want to see The Theory of Everything so bad.

I've never seen Hunger Games, but if that's your thing, see that. Fuck traffic, people are nuts today.
    Looove the (sorry, huge) poster for Theory of Everything, too.

It looks wonderful. I wonder whether the Oscar will go to Redmayne or Steve Carrell for Foxcatcher...haven't seen either, but they both seem to have a very awardsy-feel.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Not even gonna lie, Big Hero 6 might be my favorite Disney movie ever.
    I lost my shit when he got stuck in the window.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i forced my family to watch jp2 last night during the football commercials and jeez. everyone says jp3 was so bad... who thought it was plausible to bring a tyranno to san diego and not have 1.000 armed guards waiting to kill it if something inevitably went bad like, you know... dinosaurs escaping and killing everyone like they already had several times previously? also, lol at the tyranno killing everyone on board and then locking himself back up in the hull.

i hate my brothers so bad because they are such extreme nerds that they can roon any movie.
    The internet thinks a raptor somehow managed to sneak on the boat and kill the crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    The internet thinks a raptor somehow managed to sneak on the boat and kill the crew.
    what? did it jump off after and swim back to the island? stupid internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I love, love, love Indie movies. I recently watched Hick and A Single Shot on Sundance.

I highly recommend both. Sam Rockwell is one of my favourite actors. He was amazing in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind and I think A Single Shot is his best work. JMO

Chloe Grace Moretz was perfect in Hick as well as Blake Lively, and Eddie Redmayne was spot on creepy.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

So anyone heard about the movie "Cake" starring Jennifer Anniston? There is word of possible award nominations for her in this role.
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 12-05-2014 at 09:30 PM. Reason: blergh
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    So anyone heard about the movie "Cake" starring Jennifer Anniston? There is word of possible award nominations for her in this role.
    Never heard of that one but I love Snow Cake.

I finally got to see This Must Be The Place. I am not a huge Sean Penn fan but I adore his acting and he was awesome, as was the cinematography.
    In my opinion, this is his best work, along with 21 Grams and Mystic river. JMO

Would like to be able to watch the European version because the US version was edited a good bit, don't know why.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

I just saw Taken 3. Went to the theater on cheap night. Thank God, because this movie made Taken 2 look good.

Would not recommend, unless you like bagels.

Just watched "The Equalizer".

Denzel Washington is still the man.

The sexy, sexy, ass kickin' man.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Just watched "The Equalizer".

Denzel Washington is still the man.

The sexy, sexy, ass kickin' man.
    Yes he is. He can direct his ass off too. Antwone Fisher is a very well acted/directed movie, thanks to Denzel and Derek Luke who
    is an amazing actor himself.

Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    Yes he is. He can direct his ass off too. Antwone Fisher is a very well acted/directed movie, thanks to Denzel and Derek Luke who
    is an amazing actor himself.
    I just can't get over how much I actually enjoyed this flick. It's so rare for me nowadays to really be truly engrossed in a flick for every moment. Quite excellent.

Now I'm watching "John Wick". Not nearly as good, but I just like to look at Keanu Reeves.

I just can't get over how much I actually enjoyed this flick. It's so rare for me nowadays to really be truly engrossed in a flick for every moment. Quite excellent.

Now I'm watching "John Wick". Not nearly as good, but I just like to look at Keanu Reeves.
    I haven't seen The Equalizer or John Wick, I will check out on demand.

I watched Cool Hand Luke and The Dead Girl yesterday. I have Dead Girl on auto-record.

Movies I like to watch over and over, Winter of Frozen Dreams, Whisper, Dreamland, Across the Universe, Pulp Fiction and NBK. I finally bought NBK, The Secret Garden,
    The Boondock Saints and Wicked. I need to check out Amazon....

I haven't seen The Equalizer or John Wick, I will check out on demand.

I watched Cool Hand Luke and The Dead Girl yesterday. I have Dead Girl on auto-record.

Movies I like to watch over and over, Winter of Frozen Dreams, Whisper, Dreamland, Across the Universe, Pulp Fiction and NBK. I finally bought NBK, The Secret Garden,
    The Boondock Saints and Wicked. I need to check out Amazon....
    The Dead Girl was a cool movie.

I love dark/weird movies that usually no one else watches such as Wristcutters:A Love Story and Choke.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    The Dead Girl was a cool movie.

I love dark/weird movies that usually no one else watches such as Wristcutters:A Love Story and Choke.
    Wristcutters was a trip, not for everyone though. I haven't come across Choke but if Sam Rockwell is in it then I will make a point to check it out.

Love me some Rockwell. How 'bout A Box of Moonlight? Great movie. Oh, and a couple nudie shots as well.

If it's a black/dark drama or comedy, I'm in. That is usually the only comedies I watch. The darker, the better.

Rx, Trainspotting, Human Traffic, Requiem for a Dream, The 27 Club, This Must Be the Place, Drugstore Cowboy, American Psycho, Traffic, Crash, Belly, Gridlocked, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call, Another Day in Paradise, Love is the Drug and The Machinist....

There is more, that's just off the top of my head. I can watch Human Traffic all day, every day. Koop is my favourite and the music is awesome.

Maybe we're just horrible movie critics, but B and I swear we have not seen a good movie in like a year, or at least it feels that way.

We've been seeing a lot of movies lately and even the ones we expect will be good suck. Inherent Vice being one of them, but I was suspect on Joaquin Phoenix from the beginning on that one.

Gone Girl was terrible. I was so excited for that one, too.

Lucy was terrible and boring.

Dumb and Dumber Too was about what I expected from it, though Jim Carrey tried way too hard to be funny.

Also, here's my controversial opinion on American Sniper.... it was grossly over rated. The only thing I took from that movie was the severity and danger behind PTSD, and how we send all of our heroes to war where their mind gets totally fucked up, and then we bring them back home with open arms to live among regular civilians and expect to be safe because "they fought for us".

Since it's totally taboo to criticize anything military and anything they might be able to do better, I'm gonna. The reality is that we just made a human war machine, and then once we're done using it, we send it home to hang out in its backyard and expect it not to go nuts. Regardless of who they defended, they're now human weapons and loose cannons - much like an ex fighting dog. Are all veterans made to go through PTSD therapy and treatment? Because I feel just as safe around someone who's post combat as people from Utah feel in Detroit.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Annabelle sucked.

I fell asleep watching Gone Girl last night, so I'll finish it tonight. I know I'll be pissed, the book almost made me throw my kindle when it was done.

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    Annabelle sucked.
    I saw it in a theater, even. That normally makes scary movies more fun. It was awfulsauce.

Lucy was terrible and boring.
    I was so looking forward to this one. I rented it and was completely psyched to see it and it sucked ass.

The Dead Girl
    I almost watched this yesterday. I for sure will now.

I was so looking forward to this one. I rented it and was completely psyched to see it and it sucked ass.
    I'm too much of a realist for movies like that. I'm the asshole who is like "Yeahhhh riiight, like that would ever happen..."
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I'm too much of a realist for movies like that. I'm the asshole who is like "Yeahhhh riiight, like that would ever happen..."
    I can easily suspend my beliefs for really taut Sci-Fi thrillers. This one was just hugely disappointing.

I can easily suspend my beliefs for really taut Sci-Fi thrillers. This one was just hugely disappointing.
    Yeah, I have to remind myself "it's just for fun.. it's just for fun.."

But I was doing that with this film and I was still like "SHE HAS THE ABILITY TO MAKE PEOPLE LEVITATE AND SHE SOMEHOW CAN'T STOP THIS JAPANESE MOBSTER WITH A PISTOL WTF."

Yeah, I have to remind myself "it's just for fun.. it's just for fun.."

But I was doing that with this film and I was still like "SHE HAS THE ABILITY TO MAKE PEOPLE LEVITATE AND SHE SOMEHOW CAN'T STOP THIS JAPANESE MOBSTER WITH A PISTOL WTF."
    Right??

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Business as usual in this thread.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    I have. It's apparently about a woman suffering from chronic pain who wants to die. Don't know too much more but people seem to be raving about her in it.

I don't think I'll be able to see that one. I know will give me the sads.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Just got Boyhood. I haven't seen a movie in a minute. I don't even know what to watch.

Anyone want to recommend something they don't hate?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information