Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lauren Spierer- Missing since June 3, 2011

What Lauren Spierer’s friend and roommate is telling us

Profilers have to listen very carefully to what a witness does and does not say, and missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer’s friend Hadar Tamir is giving us a lot of clues about the day Lauren went missing and the events that followed, according to The Journal news.

Lauren Spierer's roommate Hadar is now sharing information about the period leading up to – and immediately following – her roommate Lauren’s disappearance that could literally break the case, if the right questions are asked of her and others.

Hadar said that up until 12:30 a.m. on Friday, July 3, she and Lauren were hanging out with another friend who lived down the hall in Smallwood Plaza, where the two were roommates. But then Lauren left unexpectedly. Lauren went to Kilroy Sports Bar where she ran into Corey Rossman, a fellow student she barely knew and had only met once before, at the Indianapolis 500, when she and Hadar were introduced to Corey and Corey’s roommate Mike Beth by Jay Rosenbaum, a "close friend" of Hadars.

Jay Rosenbaum, Corey Rossman and Mike Beth -- literally the last three males to acknowledge seeing Lauren last on the night she disappeared -- all lived in the same apartment building and were friends, according to Hadar, and she said she has been good friends with Rosenbaum since her freshman year of college, too, stating Lauren would often accompany her to Rosenbaum’s apartment during the past year.

Some of what Hadar says cannot be officially collaborated by evidence, like video surveillance cameras, so investigators have to take care not to give a lot of weight to comments or witness accounts until they can be substantiated concretely. But that isn’t to say that they do not attempt to piece together the puzzle of Lauren’s disappearance with the information provided. They do. But they also leave room for other possible scenarios to surface as well.

Once at Kilroys, Lauren left behind her cell phone -- which can be substantiated -- and exited the bar with Corey Rossman, with security camera footage at Smallwood recording their presence there, as well as capturing an altercation between Rossman and another male – and Lauren and Corey’s exit from the premises at approximately 2:45 a.m.

Footage retrieved from another site records the two moving toward Rossman’s apartment a few hundred yards away at around 3 a.m., substantiating the last official known sighting of Lauren and making Corey Rossman the last person police can officially verify was with Lauren before she disappeared.

Her next alleged stop was in Rossman’s apartment, according to his roommate Mike Beth, who says he put his pal to bed due to Rossman taking a punch to the face, which effectively resulted in his not remembering anything immediately leading up to the punch or events thereafter.

Rossman's "amnesia" effectively limits what he can say to aid investigators or to potentially implicate himself in Lauren's disappearance. It isn't known if a medical professional has substantiated his injury at this juncture or how long his incapacity to recall events of the night of Spierer's disappearance will continue. His lawyer is fielding questions on his behalf now.

Beth says he did not go to Kilroys with Rossman the night in question, staying home to work on an assignment and that he had not imbibed alcohol or taken drugs the night of June 2 or the early morning of June 3, according to USA Today. He said he attempted to get Spierer to stay the night, too, but she refused and he saw her leave.

Jay Rosenbaum, Hadar Tamir’s friend says Lauren came to his apartment in Rossman’s building after leaving Rossman and Beth’s presence. Rosenbaum said Lauren stayed at his apartment until just after 4 a.m., at which time she left, with him observing her round a corner nearby, on her way home. Rosenbaum has legal representation now, as well.

Hadar did not report her roommate Lauren's absence to anyone later that morning, nor even when Lauren was not back at the time Hadar had to go to class. She said that it was Lauren Spierer’s boyfriend who first brought her attention to her friend’s disappearance, when he called to ask for a key to their apartment, so he could check up on Lauren since she hadn’t answered her cell phone when he called; It had been answered by Kilroy’s bar personnel instead.

Victimization profile

The best way for police to get to the bottom of Lauren Spierer’s disappearance lies in conversations with those who were closest to her and knew her habits and personality best – as well as those who are also close to the investigation.

Did Lauren Spierer make a habit of leaving behind her cell phone? Was she in the habit of leaving female friends and roommates behind to go to a bar alone, or would this have been an unusual act on her part? Would it be out of the ordinary for her to not return until 4 a.m. or later in the morning -- and for Hadar to not notice her absence?

How would Lauren have responded to a confrontation between Rossman and the others at her building when she arrived there with him after leaving Kilroys? Would she have attempted to go back later and address it alone, after leaving his apartment?

What would prompt Lauren to navigate the streets alone at the 4 a.m. hour – was it typical? Was it out of character for Mike Beth or Jay Rosenbaum to allow an intoxicated girl to manuvere the streets alone at 4 a.m. or par for the course?

Understanding how Lauren would have responded to situations that occurred – sober or under the influence – and what would have been out of character for her is critical for investigators to anticipate what might have happened to her that night, and to tell if what they are told by witnesses is plausible or not. In another missing college girl case, Jenni-Lyn Watson, it was the enterprising work of Jenni-Lyn's boyfriend's friends that led to his arrest in her disappearance and murder. Lauren Spierer's friends -- and the associates and friends of all involved -- undoubtedly can help in the successful resolution of her case as well.

http://www.examiner.com/criminal-pro...-is-telling-us

Jay Rosenbaum, Corey Rossman and Mike Beth.......Wow....I feel sad....for a moment in time .....I think these men have blood on their hands....

Something smells rotten in the state of Denmark. I definitely think Rosenbaum, Rossman, Beth, and possibly Wolff are culpable in some way. I don't buy the b.s. line of thinking that when an accidental death occurs witnesses are soo afraid that they're going to panic and hide the evidence. If Caylee Anthony accidentally drowned in a pool the autopsy would have demonstrated that fact, which would be fairly obvious to even an ingrate like Casey. If Lauren Spierer died of a cocaine overdose the autopsy would have reflected that as well. Innocent people don't behave the way Lauren's friends are. All of them went home and lawyered up ASAP. I went away to college too and I can tell you that I most certainly would not return home for the summer if one of my closest college friends had gone missing (even if it meant changing plans or incurring extra student loans).

Quote Originally Posted by robocommie View Post
    Something smells rotten in the state of Denmark. I definitely think Rosenbaum, Rossman, Beth, and possibly Wolff are culpable in some way. I don't buy the b.s. line of thinking that when an accidental death occurs witnesses are soo afraid that they're going to panic and hide the evidence. If Caylee Anthony accidentally drowned in a pool the autopsy would have demonstrated that fact, which would be fairly obvious to even an ingrate like Casey. If Lauren Spierer died of a cocaine overdose the autopsy would have reflected that as well. Innocent people don't behave the way Lauren's friends are. All of them went home and lawyered up ASAP. I went away to college too and I can tell you that I most certainly would not return home for the summer if one of my closest college friends had gone missing (even if it meant changing plans or incurring extra student loans).
    Not if the only thing left is bones. How do you suppose they would take toxicology tests? And how exactly can you tell that someone drowned if there are only bones left?

I agree with you, morbidT--that is why I'm saying she hid the body. Because decomposition destroys evidence. Maybe I'm not wording my point effectively? Hypothetically, if Casey did allow Caylee to drown accidentally, and Casey told the authorities immediately (as any sane, innocent person would) the autopsy would have demonstrated water in the lungs. Some argue that Casey didn't alert the authorities because she feared that they would accuse her of purposefully drowning Caylee. Lame. There are mishaps all the time where mothers' inattention and accidents in general lead to child deaths. A mom who truly cares about their child doesn't throw the body away and attempt to hide evidence. It's just way too convenient for Casey that the decomposed remains make it difficult to ascertain a cause of death.

Quote Originally Posted by robocommie View Post
    I agree with you, morbidT--that is why I'm saying she hid the body. Because decomposition destroys evidence. Maybe I'm not wording my point effectively? Hypothetically, if Casey did allow Caylee to drown accidentally, and Casey told the authorities immediately (as any sane, innocent person would) the autopsy would have demonstrated water in the lungs. Some argue that Casey didn't alert the authorities because she feared that they would accuse her of purposefully drowning Caylee. Lame. There are mishaps all the time where mothers' inattention and accidents in general lead to child deaths. A mom who truly cares about their child doesn't throw the body away and attempt to hide evidence. It's just way too convenient for Casey that the decomposed remains make it difficult to ascertain a cause of death.

I getcha. I agree that "hiding" the body did get rid of evidence. It's just too bad Caylee's remains were not found in time to provide any answers.

This is Lauren's thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Sorry, but I was just using the Anthony case as an example. In Lauren's case, it really doesn't make sense to me that her friends would get scared and hide her body if she overdosed. Because how can they get blamed for HER overdosing. People only hide bodies when the evidence on that body will show that the person was intentionally murdered.
    Hopefully there is no body, though. Perhaps she was kidnapped and someone did or is trying to sell her to the sex slave trade. Unfortunately that is a real thing in this country. Regardless, I feel really bad for her parents.

People panic and do weird stuff. And people do get blamed for other people overdosing, and even are charged with murder sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Exactly one year ago Sunday, Indiana University student Lauren Spierer disappeared. Although the search continues, optimism for finding her alive dwindles.

Police say Spierer, then 20, left Kilroy's bar and went to a friend's apartment in Bloomington, Ind. She has not been seen since she left there in the early hours of June 3, 2011.

Her mother, Charlene Spierer, says that she always has hope her daughter is alive but "after a year, I don't think it's likely," MSNBC reports.

"You have to be realistic. ... You always have that small element of hope, but of course, as time goes by, you become more and more realistic about the possibility of her being alive," Lauren's father, Robert Spierer, told TODAY's Savannah Guthrie.

Rabbi Sue Laikin Silberberg, who directs a Jewish student organization in which Spierer participated, saw an evolution in her students over the course of the year, WISH-TV reports. At first devoted to finding Spierer, the group shifted to remembering her and supporting the family.

"We just don't know what more we can do," Silberberg said, the Indianapolis Star reports.

Though family members say the case looks bleak, they have not given up hope.

Lauren's mother says, "We're committed and we're driven and we just go through every day thinking about what we can do to make a difference, and try to get closer to finding Lauren," MSNBC reports.

"It doesn't matter if it's Day 3, Day 100 or Day 365. The fact is they have been through what really no one should ever have to go through," search volunteer Kristina Sparks says, WISHTV reports.

Bloomington Police said on Thursday the Spierer case remains a priority and the department still receives a couple credible tips every week. Police have received more than 2,600 tips in the past year, WISH-TV reports.

http://www.argusleader.com/usatoday/...yssey=obinsite
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Latest find leaves family of missing student Lauren Spierer anxious for answers

The discovery of a human skull found last week by a fisherman near the White River in Indianapolis has the family of a missing woman anxiously waiting as authorities work to identify the remains.

The family of Lauren Spierer, the 20-year-old Indiana University student who disappeared last year, posted a message on their Facebook page Saturday regarding the skull discovery on July 9, MyFoxNY.com reported.

The deputy coroner for Marion County told WXIN in Indianapolis that the skull "has been submerged for some time, at least more than a year."

Authorities can't identify the race or gender of the skull and laboratory results could take weeks, according to MyFoxNY.com.

Spierer, of Greenburgh , N.Y., was last seen early the morning of June 3, 2011, on the intersection of 11th Street and College Avenue in Bloomington, Ind., according to the woman’s acquaintance and college classmate Jay Rosenbaum.

Rosenbaum claims he watched the petite, blonde-haired student walk from his building toward her off-campus apartment complex some three blocks away around 4:30 a.m. the morning she disappeared.

Rosenbaum’s last reported sighting of Spierer followed a night of partying among a loose group of college friends and acquaintances.

Spierer’s disappearance touched off a massive search by air, land and water for any trace of the young woman. The Bloomington Police Department has said it receives on average about two to three “credible” leads weekly in the case – totaling more than 2,600 tips to date.

The area where the skull was found is more than 50 miles from the Bloomington campus where Spierer attended school.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/15...est-discovery/
    http://www.myfoxny.com/story/1902672...test-discovery

i hope this is her so her family has some sort of closure.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/201...udent/?print=1

John Holliday pulls into the lot and climbs out of his pickup. It's a Friday only a couple of weeks ago, and he's out on the trail once more.

This time it's a small patch of scrub just north of Bloomington, along West Acuff Road and Ind. 37.

He walks across Acuff toward the stretch of private property that's covered with tall grass, briar patches and weeds seeping with spittlebug froth. He offers warnings about three things — ticks, sunburn and deep holes hidden by the overgrowth. He deftly jumps a creek to inspect an old well. A camera is strapped around his neck; he's dressed in green and camouflage. The red laces to his sneakers come untied and remain so for the next hour.

The Indianapolis resident has his reason for picking this particular plot. Patches of gravel and broken pavement indicate a road or a driveway might have once been there.

It's a secluded spot, one a truck could easily access.

"I'm not out for vengeance. I just want this little girl," he tells The Herald-Times.

"Bad choices were made on June 3."

He's referring to June 2011, just after Lauren Spierer had finished her sophomore year at Indiana University, where she was studying apparel merchandising. The 20-year-old from New York started her summer hanging out in Bloomington, waiting for her boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, to finish a summer class.

It's been reported that Spierer, barefoot and without her phone, walked alone toward her Smallwood Plaza apartment after a night of drinking and partying at Kilroy's Sports Bar and 5 North Townhomes. It's been reported Jason "Jay" Rosenbaum stood on his second-floor balcony and watched her turn a corner at 11th Street and College Avenue about 4:30 a.m. that Friday morning.

She never made it home. Vanished.

Mike Claps, an IU student at the time of Spierer's disappearance, remembers seeing Spierer that night.

"I saw a girl that had no business being as intoxicated as she was with the people she was with," he says briefly by phone.

An appeal for 134 days' worth of Claps' phone records is just one of an extensive assortment of document and subpoena requests attorneys for the missing girl's parents have filed in federal court.

For Robert and Charlene Spierer, the search for their daughter has taken a litigious turn.

In a civil negligence lawsuit, the Spierers claim Corey Rossman and Rosenbaum, IU students at the time, supplied alcohol to their intoxicated and incapacitated daughter and failed to care for her that night, resulting in her likely death.

While the Spierers seek answers in court, ordinary people, including John Holliday, continue physical searches and take to the Internet to discuss details of the case.

Like Holliday today, Todd Matthews once was a volunteer searcher obsessed with his own case.

Now, he's the national director of case management and communications for the Department of Justice's National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, a database of missing person and unidentified decedent records.

In 1968, a man — who would later become Matthews' father-in-law — found the remains of a woman under a tarp near Eagle Creek in Kentucky. For 30 years, the woman was known only as the "Tent Girl."

After visiting the unidentified woman's grave, Matthews spent a decade working to find her home. He finally connected with her sister in 1998, thanks to the Internet.

"Tent Girl" was Barbara Ann Hackman-Taylor, and Matthews was one of the Internet's first cyber sleuths.

"It's just such a mystery. It doesn't compute with people," he said of the fascination, intrigue and obsession that can accompany missing person cases.

Matthews doesn't consider web sleuths wannabe cops.

"It's not just a job for them. ...You tend to do the things you like to do very well," he said by phone. "They can be managed properly, and they can contribute. We've proved it, more than once."

Shelly Leonard starts each morning with chores at her Gosport home. Then, she gets on the computer.

First, she checks the Facebook pages she helps moderate, "Voices for Lauren" and "Lauren Spierer: We Want the Truth Discussion Page." She moves over to Websleuths.com. She peruses news websites and looks for new articles to post. She receives the Google alerts. She reads all comments.

At a minimum, she surfs the Web 90 minutes a day for all things related to Lauren Spierer.

Some days, it's more like five or six hours.

"It's a wrong that needs to be righted," she says by telephone. She feels remorse that the Spierers sent their youngest daughter 800 miles away from home to attend college here, thinking she'd be safe.

"They trusted this town and these people to take care of her, and they were let down."

A cancer survivor, Leonard requires reconstructive surgery. She has the time — and her own reason — to be involved. "It helps me to not think about what I'm going through. At least, Charlene knows that I'm trying and that I care."

On the "Voices for Lauren Spierer" Facebook page, words of support and encouragement are offered to Spierer's family.

Posts take an angry and accusatory tone on the "Lauren Spierer: We Want the Truth Discussion Page."

Lisa Anderson-Sipes, of Bedford, often writes in all caps. In a recent post, she attaches a photograph lifted from the Twitter account of Rossman's current employer, a real estate company in Boston.

In the photo, Rossman wears oversized sunglasses; the caption reads, "Corey's feeling fabulous!"

"Not for long, punk!!!" Anderson-Sipes writes.

Several of the case followers acknowledge having served sentences in "Facebook jail," which deprives its cyber inmates of the ability to post when harassment is reported.

They write, and speak, in an abbreviated language. LE is law enforcement. PIO, person of interest. They use a PIO's initials, rather than full names, to avoid allegations of defamation.

And so, Ann Davis calls them "the guilty ones." She uses the page to vent frustration.

"I watched the page sort of turn on Lauren and the Spierers. It was Machiavellian to just watch. It was just a campaign to exonerate the friends. It just really drew me in to how evil the whole thing was. I suspect there's a lot of power and money with the defendants in this case and with the PIOs in general," Davis says.

Some, like Davis and Holliday, have never met the Spierers. They study the case from afar.

On Dec. 3, 2013, a group of women moved from behind their computer screens.

They joined the Spierers in a federal courtroom in Indianapolis.

Shelly Leonard. Suzanne May, a self-employed Bloomington resident. Ellen Carter, a retired probation officer and innkeeper from Nashville, and her daughter, Hannah, a teacher. And others.

There is a commonality among these women, strangers three years ago.

They are mothers with daughters. This is personal.

"You look at Charlene's face, and you realize she's not giving up. If she's not giving up, then we have to stand with her," May says by phone.

"This happened in our town, on our watch. We can't give up."

Holliday says that, at first, he didn't pay much attention to the news of Lauren Spierer's disappearance.

Then, her voice came to him in a dream, faint and unintelligible. In the dream, he stood near a lake.

He spent months searching Griffy.

He keeps a shovel in his truck, occasionally digs up mounds of dirt. He's mistaken deer bones for human remains more than once. He says a prayer before he calls police.

Holliday takes an Occam's razor approach to his searches. "The simplest thing is probably it," he says.

He returns to the area of 11th and College over and over.

In April, Holliday joined members of the Lauren Spierer Facebook groups to tie light blue ribbons near Smallwood Plaza, Kilroy's Sports Bar and 5 North Townhomes.

They saw people moving out of Rosenbaum's old apartment and asked if they could go inside.

Holliday hoped for a sense of understanding. He stood on a second-floor balcony, saw the view of 11th and College for himself.

He took a few minutes to "just be Jay."

There was no epiphany.

And so Holliday continues the search. Sure, there are days he wants to quit.

"And you're in the truck, and you're headed down 37 and you're looking again," he says.

"Every parent, no matter what their child has done, right or wrong, has a right to know where their child is, has a right to take their child home."

http://www.courierpress.com/news/201...udent/?print=1

John Holliday pulls into the lot and climbs out of his pickup. It's a Friday only a couple of weeks ago, and he's out on the trail once more.

This time it's a small patch of scrub just north of Bloomington, along West Acuff Road and Ind. 37.

He walks across Acuff toward the stretch of private property that's covered with tall grass, briar patches and weeds seeping with spittlebug froth. He offers warnings about three things ? ticks, sunburn and deep holes hidden by the overgrowth. He deftly jumps a creek to inspect an old well. A camera is strapped around his neck; he's dressed in green and camouflage. The red laces to his sneakers come untied and remain so for the next hour.

The Indianapolis resident has his reason for picking this particular plot. Patches of gravel and broken pavement indicate a road or a driveway might have once been there.

It's a secluded spot, one a truck could easily access.

"I'm not out for vengeance. I just want this little girl," he tells The Herald-Times.

"Bad choices were made on June 3."

He's referring to June 2011, just after Lauren Spierer had finished her sophomore year at Indiana University, where she was studying apparel merchandising. The 20-year-old from New York started her summer hanging out in Bloomington, waiting for her boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, to finish a summer class.

It's been reported that Spierer, barefoot and without her phone, walked alone toward her Smallwood Plaza apartment after a night of drinking and partying at Kilroy's Sports Bar and 5 North Townhomes. It's been reported Jason "Jay" Rosenbaum stood on his second-floor balcony and watched her turn a corner at 11th Street and College Avenue about 4:30 a.m. that Friday morning.

She never made it home. Vanished.

Mike Claps, an IU student at the time of Spierer's disappearance, remembers seeing Spierer that night.

"I saw a girl that had no business being as intoxicated as she was with the people she was with," he says briefly by phone.

An appeal for 134 days' worth of Claps' phone records is just one of an extensive assortment of document and subpoena requests attorneys for the missing girl's parents have filed in federal court.

For Robert and Charlene Spierer, the search for their daughter has taken a litigious turn.

In a civil negligence lawsuit, the Spierers claim Corey Rossman and Rosenbaum, IU students at the time, supplied alcohol to their intoxicated and incapacitated daughter and failed to care for her that night, resulting in her likely death.

While the Spierers seek answers in court, ordinary people, including John Holliday, continue physical searches and take to the Internet to discuss details of the case.

Like Holliday today, Todd Matthews once was a volunteer searcher obsessed with his own case.

Now, he's the national director of case management and communications for the Department of Justice's National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, a database of missing person and unidentified decedent records.

In 1968, a man ? who would later become Matthews' father-in-law ? found the remains of a woman under a tarp near Eagle Creek in Kentucky. For 30 years, the woman was known only as the "Tent Girl."

After visiting the unidentified woman's grave, Matthews spent a decade working to find her home. He finally connected with her sister in 1998, thanks to the Internet.

"Tent Girl" was Barbara Ann Hackman-Taylor, and Matthews was one of the Internet's first cyber sleuths.

"It's just such a mystery. It doesn't compute with people," he said of the fascination, intrigue and obsession that can accompany missing person cases.

Matthews doesn't consider web sleuths wannabe cops.

"It's not just a job for them. ...You tend to do the things you like to do very well," he said by phone. "They can be managed properly, and they can contribute. We've proved it, more than once."

Shelly Leonard starts each morning with chores at her Gosport home. Then, she gets on the computer.

First, she checks the Facebook pages she helps moderate, "Voices for Lauren" and "Lauren Spierer: We Want the Truth Discussion Page." She moves over to Websleuths.com. She peruses news websites and looks for new articles to post. She receives the Google alerts. She reads all comments.

At a minimum, she surfs the Web 90 minutes a day for all things related to Lauren Spierer.

Some days, it's more like five or six hours.

"It's a wrong that needs to be righted," she says by telephone. She feels remorse that the Spierers sent their youngest daughter 800 miles away from home to attend college here, thinking she'd be safe.

"They trusted this town and these people to take care of her, and they were let down."

A cancer survivor, Leonard requires reconstructive surgery. She has the time ? and her own reason ? to be involved. "It helps me to not think about what I'm going through. At least, Charlene knows that I'm trying and that I care."

On the "Voices for Lauren Spierer" Facebook page, words of support and encouragement are offered to Spierer's family.

Posts take an angry and accusatory tone on the "Lauren Spierer: We Want the Truth Discussion Page."

Lisa Anderson-Sipes, of Bedford, often writes in all caps. In a recent post, she attaches a photograph lifted from the Twitter account of Rossman's current employer, a real estate company in Boston.

In the photo, Rossman wears oversized sunglasses; the caption reads, "Corey's feeling fabulous!"

"Not for long, punk!!!" Anderson-Sipes writes.

Several of the case followers acknowledge having served sentences in "Facebook jail," which deprives its cyber inmates of the ability to post when harassment is reported.

They write, and speak, in an abbreviated language. LE is law enforcement. PIO, person of interest. They use a PIO's initials, rather than full names, to avoid allegations of defamation.

And so, Ann Davis calls them "the guilty ones." She uses the page to vent frustration.

"I watched the page sort of turn on Lauren and the Spierers. It was Machiavellian to just watch. It was just a campaign to exonerate the friends. It just really drew me in to how evil the whole thing was. I suspect there's a lot of power and money with the defendants in this case and with the PIOs in general," Davis says.

Some, like Davis and Holliday, have never met the Spierers. They study the case from afar.

On Dec. 3, 2013, a group of women moved from behind their computer screens.

They joined the Spierers in a federal courtroom in Indianapolis.

Shelly Leonard. Suzanne May, a self-employed Bloomington resident. Ellen Carter, a retired probation officer and innkeeper from Nashville, and her daughter, Hannah, a teacher. And others.

There is a commonality among these women, strangers three years ago.

They are mothers with daughters. This is personal.

"You look at Charlene's face, and you realize she's not giving up. If she's not giving up, then we have to stand with her," May says by phone.

"This happened in our town, on our watch. We can't give up."

Holliday says that, at first, he didn't pay much attention to the news of Lauren Spierer's disappearance.

Then, her voice came to him in a dream, faint and unintelligible. In the dream, he stood near a lake.

He spent months searching Griffy.

He keeps a shovel in his truck, occasionally digs up mounds of dirt. He's mistaken deer bones for human remains more than once. He says a prayer before he calls police.

Holliday takes an Occam's razor approach to his searches. "The simplest thing is probably it," he says.

He returns to the area of 11th and College over and over.

In April, Holliday joined members of the Lauren Spierer Facebook groups to tie light blue ribbons near Smallwood Plaza, Kilroy's Sports Bar and 5 North Townhomes.

They saw people moving out of Rosenbaum's old apartment and asked if they could go inside.

Holliday hoped for a sense of understanding. He stood on a second-floor balcony, saw the view of 11th and College for himself.

He took a few minutes to "just be Jay."

There was no epiphany.

And so Holliday continues the search. Sure, there are days he wants to quit.

"And you're in the truck, and you're headed down 37 and you're looking again," he says.

"Every parent, no matter what their child has done, right or wrong, has a right to know where their child is, has a right to take their child home."

It's actually very common for people to dump someone off to die when they overdose because they don't want to get caught doing drugs. My cousin was a victim of exactly that same kind of incident. His "friends" threw him in the river while he was still alive..

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - A federal appeals court on Friday upheld a lower court's decision to dismiss a lawsuit the parents of a missing Indiana University student filed against two men who were with her the night she was last seen, reports CBS affiliate WTTV.

Lauren Spierer vanished in June 2011 after a night of partying with friends near the university's Bloomington campus. No criminal charges have been filed in the case and searches for her have been unsuccessful.

The lawsuit filed in 2013 by Spierer's parents, Robert and Charlene, alleged Jason Rosenbaum and Corey Rossman gave their 20-year-old daughter alcohol and didn't make sure she returned safely to her apartment, leading to her presumed death.

In October 2014, Judge Tanya Walton Pratt dismissed the lawsuit, saying the Spierers failed to present evidence showing the men had anything to do with their daughter's disappearance. On Friday, a federal appeals court affirmed Pratt's decision to dismiss.
    "We have found no decisions under Indiana law where persons were held liable for the actions of their social peers, absent additional factors not present here," the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals wrote in its decision.

"Because he was with Lauren the majority of the evening and bought drinks for her, Rossman was nearest to assuming a duty to care for her," the ruling said. "But he also appears to have been intoxicated--so much so that it is questionable whether he could effectively take care of himself, still less another person."

Rosenbaum and Rossman have denied any wrongdoing. The Spierers have long maintained the two haven't fully cooperated with investigators and hoped the lawsuit would force them to answer questions under oath. The suit initially included a third man, but a judge dismissed him from the suit shortly after it was filed.

In a statement to WTTV on Friday, Charlene Spierer said her family is "disappointed with the decision (to dismiss the lawsuit) but not deterred."

"We continue our search for answers and justice for Lauren," she said.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/appeals-...ierer-lawsuit/

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- UPDATE: Late Thursday evening the FBI confirmed that agents were assisting in an investigation relating to the 2011 disappearance of IU student Lauren Spierer.

Special Agent Wendy Osborne told WDRB the Indianapolis branch of the FBI is assisting the Bloomington Police Department. Osborne called the police department the "lead investigators in this case."

"We were in Morgan County today [Thursday] providing assistance to the department following leads regarding Lauren Spierer," she said.

When asked what Osborne meant by "assistance" she said, "providing manpower, expertise and resources" to help with the investigation.

Investigators were working in the Martinsville, Indiana, area which is northeast of Bloomington. The Morgan County sheriff said federal agents were in the area of the 2900 block of Old Morgantown Road.

According to our Indianapolis affiliate FOX59, agents searched the property, along with cadaver dogs, Thursday afternoon. The cadaver dogs indicated there was potential evidence at the scene. A dig was conducted and nothing was found.

The property searched belongs to family of Justin Wagers, who once lived at the property. Police said Wagers was being investigated in connection to Spierer's disappearance and two other people.
    A representative of the family of Lauren Spierer tells WDRB that they have not been contacted by authorities, and have no info about the investigation in Martinsville.

Spierer was last seen in June 2011 after a night out with friends.
    http://www.wdrb.com/story/31085248/r...lauren-spierer

[This Is Actually Happening] What if the worst case scenario came true? => http://tracking.feedpress.it/link/29...-came-true.mp3 via @PodcastAddict

Podcast about a family living with QT syndrome.... Scary shit! Especially if she was doing drugs. If any of that is true I suspect she od'd and her "friends" dumped her.
    "According to her mother, Spierer has a life-threatening heart condition called Long QT Syndrome. Spierer's mother has asked that if anyone knows where her daughter is, to please take her to the hospital."

New group updated by her family : https://m.facebook.com/Lauren.Spierer.Family.Updates/
    Last edited by Kelly-Jane; 01-28-2016 at 11:09 PM.

This article only came out three hrs ago.
    MARTINSVILLE, Ind. -
    The FBI is conducting a raid of Martinsville home connected to a man suspected of flashing himself to numerous women. The search is connected to the disappearance of an Indiana University student.

Sources confirm to Eyewitness News the search is related to the investigation into the disappearance of Indiana University student Lauren Spierer. Spierer disappeared June 3, 2011 after a night out with friends near the Bloomington campus.

Since her disappearance, Spierer's mother, Charlene, has made numerous pleas for information that would help police in their search for her daughter.

"There have been so many waiting to hear, waiting to hear, waiting to hear, that never said it was related to Lauren and this is just making me sick now. I want to find Lauren more than anything in the whole wide world and that’s the most important thing. So, if it is, it is, you know, I want to know," she told Eyewitness News Thursday.

RELATED: Neighbors keep watch on raid

The FBI and other police agencies converged on the home in the 2900 block of Old Morgantown Rd. Thursday morning. Bloomington Police confirm they were involved in the search Thursday in Martinsville. The FBI referred to Bloomington P.D. as the "lead agency" in the investigation.

"The Indianapolis Office of the FBI has been assisting the lead agency - which is the Bloomington Indiana Police Department - following up on leads and tips in Morgan County today regarding the disappearance of Lauren Spierer. There is no additional information to release regarding this matter at this time," the FBI said in a statement Thursday night.

Investigators sifted dirt removed from a barn near the property after cadaver dogs finished their work. County police agencies and the FBI were tight-lipped about the search. Investigators towed a white truck from the property.
    In surveillance video released shortly after Spierer's disappearance, investigators keyed on a white truck recorded by security cameras, but later identified the company name on the side of the truck, spoke with the owner and determined there was no connection to the investigation.

The truck may be connected to 35-year-old Justin Wagers. Wagers, who is accused of exposing himself to women, lived here with his mother and stepfather until his arrest last August.

Read more stories about Lauren Spierer

Wagers was arrested for exposing his genitals to a woman at a Circle K gas station near Bluff Road and County line Road in Johnson County. Wagers was charged with indecent exposure after the woman identified Wagers from his photo on the state sex offender registry.

"I put my car in reverse and my headlights are shining on him and I noticed his pants were down to his knees. And he turns toward me and just exposes himself," said one of his alleged victims.

There were at least five victims by last August. The description of the suspect was pretty much the same.

Last summer, Johnson County Sheriff Doug Cox was concerned.

"What we are worried about is what an individual like that will do next. Is it luring a child into his vehicle? Is it luring a female into his vehicle?" he said.

The vehicle seized on Wagers' property by police Thursday was a white pick-up with a dark cap, similar to one flashing victims saw last summer.

Police also learned Wagers was a possible suspect in another flashing incident in Morgan County. He has been locked up in the Johnson County Jail since August as similar instances were investigated.

RELATED: Neighbors "shocked, numb" as FBI searches Martinsville property

Wagers has criminal convictions in five counties - Bartholomew, Brown, Johnson, Monroe and Morgan - dating back to 2000. He pleaded guilty in all of those convictions, which included pleas to 10 public indecency charges, four battery charges, two vicarious sexual gratification charges, and one charge each of intimidation and invasion of privacy.

He is currently facing charges in Bartholomew County for public indecency and public nudity; Johnson County for public indecency and an unrelated charge of leaving the scene of an accident; and Marion County for performing sexual misconduct in the presence of a minor and public indecency.

He has been ordered to undergo sexual offender evaluation and treatment.

Thursday evening, Wagers' attorney, Chris Eskew, released the following statement about Thursday's investigation.Sheriff Cox says his department has no involvement in Thursday's search and "nothing they are doing is based on information they have obtained from my agency."

Homeowners Danny and Lisa Walker were on the scene. Danny Walker's father, who was visibly shaken, spoke with us as he left the scene.

"Nobody knows what they're looking for," said Charles Fields. "It would be upsetting for anybody."http://www.wthr.com/story/31081621/fbi-investigating-home-in-martinsville#.VqrbJJ7Dr5E.facebook

Authorities in Indiana are trying to determine if a link exists between the recent slaying of Indiana University student Hannah Wilson and the unsolved disappearance of Lauren Spierer, who attended the same college.

"We are pursuing it ... to determine what, if any, similarities might exist in the two cases," Bloomington Police Captain Joe Qualters told The Huffington Post.

Daniel Messel, 49, was arrested Monday, for the murder of Wilson. The 22-year-old college senior was found dead on April 24, just hours after she was seen getting into a cab in front of Kilroy's, a Bloomington sports bar.

A cell phone found with Wilson's body, which was discovered in a rural area roughly 10 miles from the college campus, connected Messel to the slaying, police said.

AdChoices

CRIME
    Indiana Student Hannah Wilson's Murder May Be Linked To Coed Lauren Spierer's Disappearance
    Apr 30, 2015 | Updated Apr 30, 2015
    David Lohr Senior Crime Reporter, The Huffington Post

Authorities in Indiana are trying to determine if a link exists between the recent slaying of Indiana University student Hannah Wilson and the unsolved disappearance of Lauren Spierer, who attended the same college.

"We are pursuing it ... to determine what, if any, similarities might exist in the two cases," Bloomington Police Captain Joe Qualters told The Huffington Post.

Daniel Messel, 49, was arrested Monday, for the murder of Wilson. The 22-year-old college senior was found dead on April 24, just hours after she was seen getting into a cab in front of Kilroy's, a Bloomington sports bar.

A cell phone found with Wilson's body, which was discovered in a rural area roughly 10 miles from the college campus, connected Messel to the slaying, police said.

Advertisement

AdChoices
    Qualters said investigators are looking into Messel as part of their ongoing investigation into Spierer's disappearance.

"We certainly can't dismiss the obvious common denominator of [them both] being Indiana University coeds," he said.

Spierer, 20, was last seen on June 3, 2011, around 4:30 a.m., just a few blocks from her Smallwood Plaza apartment. Earlier in the night, Spierer had visited Kilroy's, which closes at 3 a.m. When she left the establishment, she left behind her shoes and cell phone, police said.

AdChoices

CRIME
    Indiana Student Hannah Wilson's Murder May Be Linked To Coed Lauren Spierer's Disappearance
    Apr 30, 2015 | Updated Apr 30, 2015
    David Lohr Senior Crime Reporter, The Huffington Post

Advertisement

AdChoices
    Qualters said investigators are looking into Messel as part of their ongoing investigation into Spierer's disappearance.

"We certainly can't dismiss the obvious common denominator of [them both] being Indiana University coeds," he said.

Spierer, 20, was last seen on June 3, 2011, around 4:30 a.m., just a few blocks from her Smallwood Plaza apartment. Earlier in the night, Spierer had visited Kilroy's, which closes at 3 a.m. When she left the establishment, she left behind her shoes and cell phone, police said.

PHOTOS: (Story Continues Below)

Lauren Spierer

After leaving the bar, Spierer reportedly went to the apartment of Corey Rossman, a fellow college student at the university, before deciding to walk home. What happened to her after that remains a mystery. She was reported missing less than 12 hours later.

Bloomington Police, Indiana University Police, the Monroe County Sheriff's Office, Indiana State Police and the FBI have all conducted searches for Spierer.

While authorities have yet to find any evidence linking Messel to Spierer, the circumstances of the two cases are strikingly similar. They each involve a young woman who attended Indiana University and reportedly visited the same local bar before disappearing.

The Herald-Times reported Messel has a prior criminal history that includes several arrests for violence against women. A conviction on a battery charge in 1996 landed him behind bars until 1999, the newspaper reported.

Qualters said there is "no pre-determined timeline" for how long the inquiry into Messel might take. However, he did say it is possible Messel's arrest could help detectives develop new leads in Spierer's case and possibly other unsolved cases.

"It might spark something specifically about Messel that would be of interest to us or may prompt [someone] to contact us about something else," said Qualters.

Spierer is described as a white female who is 4 feet 11 inches tall with a slender build. She has blue eyes and blond hair. She was last seen wearing a white tank top with a light-colored shirt over it and black stretch pants. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call Bloomington Police at 812-339-4477. You can also visit FindLauren.com.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/laure...n_7174108.html

Our thread for Hannah :
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...2)-found-slain

Senior Member Alison Worthington's Avatar
    Sounds like another Brittany Drexel scenario, what I don't understand, however, is how these amateurs manage to just make a body disappear, with no trace of evidence, maybe they watch a lot of crime documentaries like I do, lol. So tormenting for her family and loved ones though, to never have answers, closure and justice, I can't even imagine how that would feel.

It won't stay up long because of copyright - New 20/20 Looking for Lauren: The Disappearance and Murder of Lauren Spierer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

The video has gone private unfortunately. I really hope this family is able to get some closure one day...

Quote Originally Posted by teknansen View Post
    The video has gone private unfortunately. I really hope this family is able to get some closure one day...
    Sorry guys. They copywrite claim them so quickly now on ze tube.

Just finished the video. I have to say the theory regarding her possibly taking E plus the drinking with a serious heart condition causing her to pass away really rings true. Curious if more will come out regarding what the "naked gunman" knows regarding who did this. I have no doubt that out of the crew of four young men some or all of them know where her body is or was left.

For those who didnt catch the 20/20 episode, there is an ABC article detailing it:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lauren-spie...ry?id=40084230

Regardless of the circumstances no one deserves to have to wonder what happened to their loved one like this. I hope they somewhere, somehow get some concrete information so they can bring her home. RIP Lauren.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Thread Information