Page 61 of 158 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 3929

Thread: Random Weird and Bizarre News II

Subway Goddess Adopts Human Form (Nekkid Of Course)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1520754

The woman, who was not identified, was taken away in handcuffs.

A 31-year-old woman was tossed in a psychiatric ward after she boarded a Chicago subway naked and claimed to be the ?Goddess of the Train,? witnesses and police said.

The wild ordeal unfolded after the woman, who was not identified, stripped down before stepping on an L Train at the Granville station on the city?s north side on Saturday afternoon.

The nude woman allegedly told riders to leave the train and that she was going to the motorman?s car to take over the controls.

?I have now officially seen it all on the #redline,? one passenger tweeted after the woman?s nude outburst.

A spokeswoman for the Chicago Police Department told the Chicago Sun-Times that the woman was taken to St. Francis Hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.

Police believe the woman was suffering from mental illness, the newspaper reported.

The train was delayed for about 15 minutes until the woman was taken away in cuffs.

jkemp@nydailynews.com

This is pretty much what happened to Thor in "Long Dark Teatime Of The Soul". Gods & Godesses just don't attract the same level worship they once did.
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-18-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Subway Goddess Adopts Human Form (Nekkid Of Course)

This is pretty much what happened to Thor in "Long Dark Teatime Of The Soul". Gods & Godesses just don't attract the same level worship they once did.
    Only if she did it in New York....

I'm sorry, but I laughed.

Testimony: Joke about actress Megan Fox led to son?s murder of father

A wisecrack about bombshell actress Megan Fox spurred a South Miami teen to murder his father, a jailhouse informant told jurors Tuesday.

Jason Beckman, on trial for killing his politician father in April 2009, confided to fellow jail inmates that just before the shooting, the young man had asked his father about the raven-haired Transformers star.

?His father told him he wouldn?t know what to do with that,? the inmate, Michael Nistal, told Miami-Dade jurors.

Beckman, who prosecutors say talked openly for years about hating his father, grew enraged. ?So he went and got a shotgun and blew his head off. He missed his head and shot his face and part of his neck,? the inmate said.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/1...#storylink=cpy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

He totally wouldn't know what to do with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post

He totally wouldn't know what to do with that.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

If I ever had a kid, that's pretty much the way it would end.

"WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS LAUGHING AT ME, DAD!?!" (bang)

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...232601871.html
    Amtrak has launched an investigation as to how a New York-bound train took a wrong turn onto mass transit lines and wound up in the suburbs of Philadelphia.

Keystone train 664, carrying 130 passengers, left Philadelphia's 30th Street Station around 11:45 a.m. last Thursday and somehow navigated off of Amtrak-operated rails, Amtrak officials confirmed. The train operators apparently missed a signal.

The train traveled about four miles west along rail lines used by the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) for it's regional rail system.

The lost train eventually followed tracks for SEPTA's Cynwyd line and stopped at the authority's station in Bala Cynwyd, Montgomery County, Pa., officials said.

SEPTA and Amtrak both responded to the scene and the passengers were taken off of the wayward train.

"They took us the wrong way out of Philly now we are stuck with no power and no way to get back to Philly," Bridget Cook tweeted to the Amtrak Twitter account. She then posted the photo above.

SEPTA staff guided the train back to Philadelphia, where passengers were offered a ride on another train to New York.

"Everyone was very fortunate that at that time of the day there were no SEPTA trains on that track," said SEPTA spokeswoman Jerri Williams. "At no time were any of our riders in danger."

The Cynwyd line is a single 6.1 mile track that runs from SEPTA's Suburban Station in Center City Philadelphia to Bala Cynwyd, where it ends. It has the lowest ridership among the transit authorities 13 regional rail lines -- with a daily average ridership of 622 people.

Williams says the next train heading towards Bala Cynwyd was set to depart Center City at 12:19 p.m. that day.

"An investigation was launched and the crew has been held out of work until they can be fully debriefed and additional training can be conducted," said Amtrak spokesman Craig Schultz.

When the Amtrak train switched onto SEPTA's line, Williams says the authority's control center was alerted. She also says the train would have automatically been given a green signal.

?Once it was on our track, it would have gotten a signal to let them know that there is no train on that track," she said.

NBC10 has reached out to the National Transportation Safety Board for comment.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

One time when I was on a bus to Philly, the driver made an announcement: Does anyone know how to get to Philadelphia?

Everyone laughed. She wasn't kidding. Since it's a bunch of bus-taking motherfuckers, we basically shrugged our shoulders and replied "I dunno. I close my eyes and wake up in Philly. Aren't buses magic?"

So a trip that's usually 2 hours took 5. Yea, I didn't get to work, and I didn't get paid. Yay!

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    No one had fucking GPS? I have GPS, and I have a 2007 notsmartphone.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    No one had fucking GPS? I have GPS, and I have a 2007 notsmartphone.
    I wasn't born in 2006.

One time when I was on a bus to Philly, the driver made an announcement: Does anyone know how to get to Philadelphia?

Everyone laughed. She wasn't kidding. Since it's a bunch of bus-taking motherfuckers, we basically shrugged our shoulders and replied "I dunno. I close my eyes and wake up in Philly. Aren't buses magic?"

So a trip that's usually 2 hours took 5. Yea, I didn't get to work, and I didn't get paid. Yay!
    Yep. I don't drive any more than I have to... let roomy do the driving, I used to read the maps when we were on a long trip, but now we have gps, so every so often the gps fails and we are lost, so very lost.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

This is some freaky shit!!! You have to click the link because the way the article is, with the pictures and storyline, they have to go in order (and I can't figure out how to post pics right in, stupid thing isn't working) But holy shit, I'm going to be scared going home...

http://www.viralnova.com/creepy-door/

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    This is some freaky shit!!! You have to click the link because the way the article is, with the pictures and storyline, they have to go in order (and I can't figure out how to post pics right in, stupid thing isn't working) But holy shit, I'm going to be scared going home...

http://www.viralnova.com/creepy-door/

Hmm. I found this by clicking the word "source" on your article -

This is the original posting of Nic's fjnd

Fuck. .

I'm currently staying at a friends house.. Here's why.

I moved into a house about a year ago. The previous owners built the house in the early 2000's, and moved to India two years ago. This picture above shows my parents' room. Then the other day, we found this.

What the fuck.

My little brother and me were messing around, and I pushed him into the shelf. When he fell, he pulled out the bookshelf with him. We always assumed it was just built into the wall.

There's a fucking spiral staircase in here. So we went down.. bad idea.

Here's a shot of what it looked like from the top. At the bottom, the stairs led into a wall. Seemingly pointless, right?

Nope.

This crawlspace was about halfway down. It looked empty, but if you crawled in..

You would find this. Someone was living in our walls. IN OUR WALLS. That is my Halloween candy. That someone came into my room, took from my bag, and then brought back in here. Banana peel for scale. About 30 seconds after taking this picture, we realized what it meant and got the fuck out of there.

Here are the things that they had with them. This elephant was hidden under the blankets.

Continued
    (can only fit 7 pix per post & this story has more ...)

We also found this key, we have not the slightest clue what it unlocks.

Then the fucking dolls. These little shits are creepy.

Sorry for taking pictures with a potato, but it was the best I could do in these circumstances. I'll try and give an update on what the cops find and stuff

Then there was this - a followup from the original poster who was bombarded with questions re whether this was very cool, but total shit

This post is in response to this one http://imgur.com/gallery/zChSf So a lot of people wanted me to do a follow up on what happened. Here it is, but I don't really have anything to put pictures of. I just put this one in for proof. Anyways, here's what happened. I left to go to a friends house, while the police investigated my house. They found nobody there. They have told us that the person was only living there temporarily, which doesn't make that much sense to me. But apparently, he would come in for periods of time, then leave for a while. They determined this because of the lack of supplies, and forensicy thingies, i'm not a cop. The police also said that they are going to keep a city wide search for whoever was living here, although they don't think they will find him. They sent in DNA to the lab, but the test will likely come back with no matches in a few weeks.There were no other entrances to the secret passage, therefore the person would have been using my parents' bedroom to access it. The walls are incredibly soundproof, which is probably how we didn't even notice. We were cleared to move back in today, but obviously we're not staying, just as a precaution in case he or she comes back. My parents said that I was never allowed back in there again, and believe me, I tried. They actually went inside and boarded the whole place up. The police took all his stuff away, so I can't include any pictures of that.

Below, I'm going to include some answers to questions people asked, because obviously, there is a lot of skepticism towards this. I would be skeptical too.

Q: Where are his other belongings? A: He or she was only living there periodically, apparently. Their clothes were placed in the corner, which I failed to see in the dark. The police found them later.

Q: Why does that banana look fresh? A: I was eating it when I went down. lol. It was dark, and the only way I could see was through a dim light from my phone. We couldn't find a flashlight. We saw the blankets, but it was too dark to see what they were. I tossed the banana at them, and then when nothing happened, I took a picture with the flash to see what it was. When editing, I remembered it could be for scale.

Q: How did you not notice it, or see it in the blueprints? A: Yeah, I can't really explain that one. I asked my mom, and she said, "I guess we fucked up." I honestly can't really explain it.. Um, and as for how we didn't notice it, I guess it was really cleverly hidden under the stairs.

Q: You write like you are 25, but have halloween candy? A: I'm 15. And apparently a good writer.

Q: Are you okay? A: Yes, I am perfectly fine, just a little creeped out. :)

Q: Where did the poo go? A: I don't want to think about it

You know how reddit does those Ask Me Anythings? I'll do one in the comments for any further questions
    Click this http://imgur.com/gallery/fUou2 & scroll to the bottom for comments. There's quite a few good ones but this is my favourite -
    ExPFCWintergreen ? 702 points : 8 days ago ...what if your parents are (or at least one of them) is a serial kidnapper?

Thanks NicB!!! I needed something cool to read!

Dramatic Rescue: Greenland Shark Chokes On Moose At Beach

http://m.christianpost.com/news/gree...-photo-109318/

A Greenland shark has been dramatically saved by two fearless men just off Newfoundland's northeast coast, after they found it washed up on the beach, choking on a large piece of moose hide, which was lodged in its mouth.

One of the men, Derrick Chaulk, has described the incident, explaining that he was driving by the harbor in Norris Arm North on Saturday when he noticed what he initially thought was a beached whale.

He went closer to investigate, and then realized that it was in fact a shark, approximately 2.5 meters long, weighing around 115 kg.

The shark was still alive, but had a huge chunk of moose hide stuck in its mouth.
    Chaulk has said, "It [the moose] had the fur and all the liner on it — it was about two feet long, maybe."

Another man, Jeremy Ball also quickly arrived on the scene, and together they started pulling at the moose hide in the shark's mouth, trying to dislodge it.

"A couple yanks and it just came right out."

Once they managed to free the moose, they then worked together to drag the shark back into the water.

One man tied a rope around the shark's tail, while the other stood at the other end getting ready to push.

Chaulk said, "He pulled the rope, and I pushed with my boot, and between the two of us we got him out into deeper water."

Once in the water, the men have described that the shark remained in the water at about 30 cm depth for a few minutes without being able to swim off. However, once it had re-orientated itself and started breathing strongly again it moved off.

"All of a sudden, the water started coming out of his gills and he started breathing,"

It is believed that some locals clean and gut moose on a nearby bank, and when they are done they throw the scraps into the harbor.

Chaulk has reflected: "He swallowed and got it halfway down and couldn't cough it back up and couldn't get it all down, and then I think the tide brought him in."

"There was a few people up on the bank watching and once that shark swam out and lifted his tail, and then swam all the way out, everybody just clapped," said Chaulk. "It was a good feeling to see that shark swim out, knowing that you saved his life."

The shark was last seen smiling & waving as it swam off.

Which reminds me to post this story about Greenland sharks who didn't get the Heimlich manouvre in time

For the most part, it's against all common sense to eat anything rotten. Avoid rotten fruit at all cost. Spoiled milk--forget about it. And rotten meat--a definite no, no. But apparently in Iceland, things work a little differently around there, with all the harsh terrain and extreme conditions. In fact, when it comes to certain dish, things work very differently.

Hakarl, which is an Icelandic delicacy, is a dish that's served during the Icelandic midwinter festival, Thorrablot. Usually taken with a shot of "brennivin" (a strong spirit made from potatoes), this unique dish has been described by some to have a powerful "cheesy" flavor, while others have described it as the vilest thing they ever tasted, almost akin to solid urine. But it's not the unique taste of this delicacy that puts it on the map, but rather what it actually is--rotten shark meat.

Killed, gutted, and then boned (or more correctly "cartilaged"), a shark's flesh is divided into pieces, washed and then buried in a large hole with coarse gravel. This meat is then left to decay and rot in the pit for 6-8 weeks to a few months, depending on the season. Afterwards the meat is dug up, washed, and aired out in a drying shack for another 2-4 months. Once the curing process is done, the meat is taken, its brown crust is removed and the remaining whitish flesh is carved up into small pieces to be served.

Rotten meat as a dish is unique in and of itself since it defies what nearly every person has been raised to believe about guarding their health against spoiled food. So, inevitably, the question must be asked--why not eat fresh shark meat?

The reason for this is actually simple--fresh shark meat, from the sharks of that region, is poisonous. In Iceland the sharks that are predominant are Greenland sharks, which do not have urinary tracts and, therefore, must secrete their urine from their skin. As a result, high amounts of uric acid become so concentrated in the shark that eating even some of it can potentially cause people to vomit blood. By allowing the shark to fully decay and be cured the acid is removed from the flesh, thus making it easier to digest.

How did they figure out these sharks don't pee?
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-22-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Gangnam Style' Wedding Dance With Gun Results In Horrible Bloodbath

http://jezebel.com/gangnam-style-wed...ium=socialflow

the link inside the link (to the video) is NSFW, which probably goes without saying but...jezzz. i don't know why i click on some of this stuff. apparently shooting guns is just part of the wedding tradition in Yemen.

That song makes me wanna fire guns too.

The unidentified woman took a selfie as a suicidal man teetered on the Brooklyn Bridge behind her. (Photo: NY POST)

NEW YORK (PIX11) – It’s being called the worst selfie ever taken.

An unidentified woman was snapped taking a selfie as a suicidal man teetered on the Brooklyn Bridge behind her Tuesday morning.

The woman was caught tilting the camera, being sure to get the unstable man in the shot as she smirked slightly.

The man was able to be talked down and rescued by police officers.

“Selfie” — a term coined for cellphone self portraits — was named Word of the Year by Oxford Dictionary.

Read more: http://pix11.com/2013/12/04/selfie-a...#ixzz2mWukEwxK

The unidentified woman took a selfie as a suicidal man teetered on the Brooklyn Bridge behind her. (Photo: NY POST)

NEW YORK (PIX11) – It’s being called the worst selfie ever taken.

An unidentified woman was snapped taking a selfie as a suicidal man teetered on the Brooklyn Bridge behind her Tuesday morning.

The woman was caught tilting the camera, being sure to get the unstable man in the shot as she smirked slightly.

The man was able to be talked down and rescued by police officers.

“Selfie” — a term coined for cellphone self portraits — was named Word of the Year by Oxford Dictionary.

Read more: http://pix11.com/2013/12/04/selfie-a...#ixzz2mWukEwxK
    Worst selfie ever taken? Or BEST selfie ever taken? LOL. I would say, that's a pretty crazy opportune moment for one!

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Worst selfie ever taken? Or BEST selfie ever taken? LOL. I would say, that's a pretty crazy opportune moment for one!
    In the comment section people are saying she wasn't even trying to capture the chaos in the background. Really?

In the comment section people are saying she wasn't even trying to capture the chaos in the background. Really?
    Looking at the angle of her phone, it looks like she is trying to take a picture of the guy on the bridge, and make sure she is in it. If that makes sense? Like, the main focus is the dude on the bridge. That's the way it looks to me, at least.

Looking at the angle of her phone, it looks like she is trying to take a picture of the guy on the bridge, and make sure she is in it. If that makes sense? Like, the main focus is the dude on the bridge. That's the way it looks to me, at least.
    Yep. But you can post a picture of anything and have people have reactions from 'fake' to totally missing the point.

Who took a picture of her taking a selfie?

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    Who took a picture of her taking a selfie?

Thread Information