Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mississippi toddler not dropped off at day care, died in car

Mississippi toddler not dropped off at day care, died in car

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2634123
    Police say a Mississippi toddler died after being left in a hot car all day.

The little girl?s mother discovered the child after she showed up to the 2-year-old?s day care center in Glunckstadt Wednesday afternoon, and was told that she had never dropped her off, according to the Madison County Sheriff?s Department.

She rushed to her SUV and found her child strapped in her car seat.

Temperatures in nearby Jackson reached highs of 83 degrees on Wednesday, according to the National Weather Service.

Originally posted by animosity:

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

Oh, fuck.

I don't even know how to respond to this. This is the stuff of nightmares.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

not again.

my heart hurts
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    We have sensors to warn us that we left our lights on or that our keys are still in the ignition, but STILL no sensor to warn us that a kid is still in their car seat. SMFH
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    OMG, not again.

The warm weather is here and now this will be in the news every other week.

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

How the fuck do you drive around with a dead kid in your car and not notice?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I was wondering the same. There had to be...ugh...odors.

They've been saying to leave your phone or purse in the backseat to make sure something like this never happens...Sad when you'll remember your phone but not your own child.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    They've been saying to leave your phone or purse in the backseat to make sure something like this never happens...Sad when you'll remember your phone but not your own child.
    This. I'm sorry. I know there's "Baby Brain", being stressed and being distracted, but I will never understand forgetting your child in the car. You forget items. Not people.

I understand it happens, I will just never understand it. Ever.

My husband is the most forgetful person I know. He can set something down and a minute later forget where it is. He's never forgot a child, ever. I don't understand how people do it. I feel horrible for these people, if they didn't do it on purpose, but I still can't imagine how you can forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Yeah, I've never understood how this can happen. I can kind of understand if the child isn't their own (maybe a grandparent, a family friend, etc.), but I have a hard time comprehending how you can forget whether you dropped your own kid off at daycare or not.

With the whole rear facing car seat situation, I do see where there is the chance to not realize that the baby is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

My mom's OBGYN told her that when he had his first child, the first time he and his wife went to a friend's house after the child was born, they brought all their baby gear. At the end of the night, they meticulously made sure they gathered every single thing up and packed it in their car, then drove home. As they walked through the front door, their phone was ringing. "Did you forget something?" their friend asked. "No," they cried! "We got EVERYTHING."

Except the baby.

They left him at the house. Shit happens to even the most together people when they're sleep-deprived.

I can't wrap my mind around how this is still happening. :(

I mean, not that it should be accepted per se, but it happens. It's tragic and I cannot imagine being the parent that has made this mistake. That being said, it's not like this isn't somewhat common of an issue. With all of the gadgets and thingys these days trying to make taking care of a baby easier and safer, it is shocking there isn't something to help with this kind of situation.

Fact is, if I didn't happenstance come across the whole thing about blinds and the cord being a choking hazard, I would have never known. And it happens. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

I have never forgotten my stepson was in the car, because I always drive WAY more carefully when they or any child is in the car, than I would if it were just me. So it is always on my mind when I drive. I have never accidentally lit up a cigarette when they were in the car either. Because I just don't forget they are there.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Great but I just posted an example of a couple who would literally be the last people on earth who you'd expect to make a mistake, but they did.

I used to feel like you couldn't "forget" your child... but I forgot my dog at the dog training center and forgot my Mom at the doctors office. So yeah. I don't judge.

What I do say if for all you new Mom's and soon to be Mom's figure out a way to flag your selves, because there may come a time when you are sleep walking through life and I'd hate for any of you to learn in the very worst way, that you could forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Like those memes I see that say "YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB! ONE GODDAMN JOB!"

Maybe the people who leave their kids in the car have just too much on their plate, too much going on. And because their spouse isn't there to back them up/help?

I don't know. All I fucking know is that a little one is dead for no good goddamn reason and that makes me sick to my stomach.

Especially in this situation. You remembered to pick up the kid but forgot to drop them off in the first place? What?!

Ugh.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I went in the house once with arms full and was going to head back to the car to get my sleeping 2-year-old as soon as I dropped the junk on the counter. I saw that my dog had made a huge mess while we were gone and proceeded to clean that up and sit down to watch tv before realizing my daughter was still in the car. I have never ran so fast. It was nighttime and not too hot out thankfully, and we had been running the air conditioning in the car, so she was fine and still snoozing peacefully. I beat myself up soooo much though. And now I don't judge people who forget. I literally live my entire life for my kids, I never get a break and am a mom 24/7, and I would do ANYTHING for them, yet if my horrible mistake had turned out differently, the whole world would have talked about what a horrible mom I was. Definitely changed my whole perspective on this. My heart breaks for this mother because I know what the panic feels like and can't imagine if my daughter had been dead and it was my fault. I couldn't live with it.

For the record, I never said I didn't understand that it does happen, just that I personally will never understand why. It's just something I've never encountered and since I will never have kids I never will. The closest I can get to that are my dogs and maybe I'm paranoid, but I always know when they're in the car whether they're in a crate or loose. Only my personal experience.

This is why I don't understand with all of the technology we have these days that there hasn't been anything invented to prevent this from happening.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    I went in the house once with arms full and was going to head back to the car to get my sleeping 2-year-old as soon as I dropped the junk on the counter. I saw that my dog had made a huge mess while we were gone and proceeded to clean that up and sit down to watch tv before realizing my daughter was still in the car. I have never ran so fast. It was nighttime and not too hot out thankfully, and we had been running the air conditioning in the car, so she was fine and still snoozing peacefully. I beat myself up soooo much though. And now I don't judge people who forget. I literally live my entire life for my kids, I never get a break and am a mom 24/7, and I would do ANYTHING for them, yet if my horrible mistake had turned out differently, the whole world would have talked about what a horrible mom I was. Definitely changed my whole perspective on this. My heart breaks for this mother because I know what the panic feels like and can't imagine if my daughter had been dead and it was my fault. I couldn't live with it.
    The highlighted part is exactly my point. I don't know how many members we have who are married, but I do understand what it feels like to be a single parent, having to do anything and everything, many times without sleep or a break. I'm so glad that part of my life is over, and I empathize completely with people (mostly you ladies) who take on all of this responsibility by themselves. You tell yourself, "I've got this, it's okay", and then one thing happens to fuck up your day, or something that slips your mind all of a sudden "pops" back in there and you completely forget that you were dropping your child off at daycare.

One of the mottos I live by is 1. Don't sweat the small stuff. 2 It's all small stuff.

I think we all just need to slow the fuck down, put down the phone, turn off the radio and think about what we're doing occasionally. I don't want to read about another baby dying from being forgotten.

Or maybe that's just me.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    This is why I don't understand with all of the technology we have these days that there hasn't been anything invented to prevent this from happening.
    This is true. My car can nag the shit out of me if I don't fasten my seat belt... yell at me if I put a heavy package on the front passenger seat, but can't tell me there's a kid in the car seat. Terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    This is true. My car can nag the shit out of me if I don't fasten my seat belt... yell at me if I put a heavy package on the front passenger seat, but can't tell me there's a kid in the car seat. Terrible.
    It's really insane. Maybe some kind of remote sensor on a car seat which works with the car that alerts the driver when the car is shut off and it senses weight in the seat. I mean, we have Bluetooth technology that works between the phone and the car. I realize that older cars won't have it, but it's at least a step in the right direction.

Thread Information