Page 1741 of 2163 FirstFirst ... 741 1241 1641 1691 1731 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1751 1791 1841 ... LastLast
Results 43,501 to 43,525 of 54055

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death

Quote Originally Posted by TC1234 View Post
    The autopsy photos alone make this Murder 2. That is not self defense.
    It should have said a minimum of Murder 2. I believe the state has proven she's guilty of premeditated murder but those autopsy photos are not self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
    They're the same cans--just different colors. It's a matter of labelling. If you use either of them as designed and stick them in the back of the garage for a year or so, when you go back you will know that gas is in the red can and kerosene is in the blue. The only difference is color.
    Oops! Sorry! Don't know how i got this up from yesterday (Tuesday) when I first posted it. Time to take a break.
    "Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

17 mins ago
    Lissette Martinez‏@martinezliss

Prosecutor Jm walking to his desk #JodiArias

4 mins ago

just waiting for judge now...unsure of the delay in #jodiarias trial

Some of Arias' actions seem like the kind of psychological twists you would see in a movie. For example, the cleansing of the 'dirty' sexual images - washing the sins away by symbolically placing the camera in the washer. Stabbing him directly through the heart as that was where she was injured by him. Slitting his throat ('if' she knew of any rituals associated with religion - the emphasis on if - Arias loves gruesome). It all adds up to the kind of horror movie I would be far too scared to watch. Sadly, it s real.

Quote Originally Posted by Doll-Face View Post
    Yes, I believe she's saying this to do exactly that; however, she HAS several times -- on direct and on cross -- testified that Travis only threatened her life AFTER she shot him. That is very problematic for her and she can't now go back and change it and say she screwed up. I believe she screwed up because she's lying. Liars have a difficult time keeping their facts straight...even pathological ones. I also believe that she can't continue to say she felt threatened by Travis and that's why she picked up a new weapon (the knife) and stabbed him 29 times, and then she felt the need to almost decapitate him. She claims she doesn't remember any of this, so she can't claim self defense after her gunshot to the head. Again, that seems problematic to me. Does anyone else feel that way?
    I had not thought of it in quite that way but good point, she claims to have shot him first so how could she say she then felt threatened since she immediately does not remember anything. This is another case of her not being able to "keep her lies straight"

Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    I am curious.. Is there one piece of evidence against her that really shows her guilt to anyone here? I know once you start putting it all into order you can really see what was going on, but I am curious if there is anyone here that has seen 1 piece of evidence alone that screams guilt? (I hope that makes sense)
    The neck wound, no way is that any type of self defense, that is butchery

What I'm wondering is why no one is mentioning yet that the Medical Examiner's PROFESSIONAL opinion states that the gunshot came last, and from a much further distance than Jodi claims?? I'm hoping Juan puts that in his closing argument cuz that little fact right there could get her the DP, if she shot him in the head after he was already dead, she'll get the needle.

starting now
    - Beauty is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    I am curious.. Is there one piece of evidence against her that really shows her guilt to anyone here? I know once you start putting it all into order you can really see what was going on, but I am curious if there is anyone here that has seen 1 piece of evidence alone that screams guilt? (I hope that makes sense)

The phone calls and text message to him after she killed him. People who kill in legitimate self-defense don't try to mislead people and cover up...they feel justified.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyT View Post
    Some of Arias' actions seem like the kind of psychological twists you would see in a movie. For example, the cleansing of the 'dirty' sexual images - washing the sins away by symbolically placing the camera in the washer. Stabbing him directly through the heart as that was where she was injured by him. Slitting his throat ('if' she knew of any rituals associated with religion - the emphasis on if - Arias loves gruesome). It all adds up to the kind of horror movie I would be far too scared to watch. Sadly, it s real.
    I don't think Stabby was injured in her heart. I think she is incapable of love. But I do think stabbing him in the heart could have held some symbolism for her, in that that is where normal, functioning people feel love.

Finally!

LOL. Right off the bat, Nurmi comes to court unprepared and Martinez helps him out

Someone posted a really cool video, walking us through both theories, (how Jodi SAID it happened, and how it most-likely/logically happened). I wish Juan would bring up the fact that the closet shelves, while not being the SLIGHTEST disturbed, also are resting on pins. I also have these shelves and tested out Jodi's theory over the weekend. I'm almost exactly the same size as Jodi was at the time of the murder. I tried lightly stepping on the edge of the 2nd shelf, while gripping a higher shelf, and my foot on the front edge of the 2nd shelf, made the entire front half fall forward and wedge almost vertically in the cubby space! The slightest amount of uneven weight distributed to the front will make the back rise up. Just more proof, there was no gun up on the shelf. BOO-YAH!!

Not a serial poster I swear!
    I do understand that people have very personal experiences.... and that is what they are personal. No one perosn will react the same way in every situation. Sister Berm when she was robbed said "what the hell am I supposed to do." Others have stayed with abusers. Others have left abusers. No mind thinks alike. I am not in any way defending what Jodi is spouting it is more the fact that "we" can't pigeon hole what happened that day by what we have personal experience in.
    When I was 10 I tried to kill my younger sister. I would not expect any one of you on here to understand why I did what I did. I only have a memory of that because my mom told me. Does this relate to Jodi's case not in any way. It is just what I personally experienced in my young life.

In re: to the convenient fog, I have heard people recounting a crime that they committed speaking about being so angry and full of rage and then something snaps and they go into attack mode and describe it as stepping outside of their bodies and watching the whole thing from the side. The big dif in these cases is that the person was remorseful and wanted to take accountability for what they did. It's a rarity but it happens.

Thanks so much for the reply!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    The autopsy photos.
    Thanks so much for the reply!
    Quote Originally Posted by alyoop View Post
    It's the overkill for me. The fact that (IMO) the gunshot was last. The cleanup afterward. The bajillion lies she tells. Her demeanor. The pictures. The gas cans, the gun stolen from Gma and Gpa, and the cell being OFF in the state of AZ. The ninja story. The assassination of Travis again, now in court. OMG, you said ONE... holy shit that is like trying to find a needle in a stack of needles
    lol, I know it is hard to pick just one thing! Thanks so much for the reply!!
    It should have said a minimum of Murder 2. I believe the state has proven she's guilty of premeditated murder but those autopsy photos are not self defense.
    Murder 1 is premeditated right? murder 2 is spur of the moment murder? Can you get the DP if it is not premeditated?

Karma is only a bitch if you are!

k the motion to compell was from defence - but the judge never got it and nurmi didn't bring a copy

judge here #JodiaArias
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

well we know what the Judge was doing for last 5 days, her face is red raw from sunburn----and Nurmi starts to talk about his motion, so naturally we go to a sidebar

Wow Juan has to provide the copy for NURMI's motion?? Way to be a prepared lawyer!

Family members wearing Justice ribbons. Good message, right in her eyeline!

Nurmi is such an amateur. He is asking about motions he filed and he doesn't even ave the hard copies.
    Thank goodness Martinez is a pro and is able to help little Nurmi out.

I plan on taking screenshots throughout the day and sharing them. (At least while I am home.) Let me know if this is not wanted and is seen as clogging up the thread.
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

Good morning/afternoon ya'll. It looks as though Jodi's lip herp MIGHT have cleared up

Quote Originally Posted by AgathaAppleswine View Post
    I'm so sorry for what you went through. :-(

I have a teeny quibble with the idea that a traumatic situation can't be blocked out...Ok, it's more than a quibble, it's actually happened to me.

Back when I was in this abusive relationship, I finally, finally got up enough nerve to call the relationship off. When I did that, my ex's family called me at all days and hours, demanding to know what I'd done to their poor boy to upset him so much. I got the lecture from them on what a 'good' girlfriend is like, etc. And then he started coming over to the house. The fights kept escalating and escalating, and then...

I don't know. I'm missing like two days of my life. My best friend has told me that there was a serious altercation, and I managed to get him out of the house and I called her in hysterics about it. She came over, wanted to call the cops, but my ex finally left, so she didn't. She said it took her almost an hour to convince me to open the door and to let her in, because I was so terrified he was still on the property.

I don't remember a bit of that. I don't know what happened to those days, nor do I understand why I can't bring those memories back. As far as I can tell, there was nothing that happened that was nearly so horrible as what he'd done to me in the past, but I don't know. I really can't remember, and it frightens me that those memories seem to be totally gone.

So I do believe that people can block things out. I just don't believe that the thing blocked her memories, simply because she's lied about everything else, and her memory loss is totally self-serving.
    Was he violent? Did you have any injuries, a bump to the head?

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    Nurmi is such an amateur. He is asking about motions he filed and he doesn't even ave the hard copies.
    Thank goodness Martinez is a pro and is able to help little Nurmi out.
    lmao! it reminded me of the peoples court when that happened

Thanks so much for the replies everyone!! I was trying to quote everyone but I am thinking I missed someone somewhere. So thank you all again!

Karma is only a bitch if you are!

I don't believe for a minute that she shot him first but even if you go with her story, what she is saying is she shot him by accident and "then" had to butcher him to protect herself from being killed. But she can't tell you why because of the "fog".
    Oh, I don't believe it either. She had no time. Thank goodness for the camera time stamps. That will do her in. Her time-line takes too long.

Thread Information