Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Karen Ristevski's (47) remains were found in bushland eight months after she went missing

Hello everyone, another new person here

I'm delighted to have been able to join this Forum at long last (I've been trying for absolutely ages but new registrations were showing as having been turned off for me, for some odd reason?).

Anyhoo, I'm here now and look forward to contributing!

I was posting on another forum but ... well ... ... if you know what I mean.

Interesting about Karen's inheritance, although split between two people (even if unevenly so), it's not that much money in this day and age.

I've always felt the brother knows something ... time will tell if he does, no doubt.

There are so many weird things about this case - the strangest so far for me was the mention of the Mercedes, and Borce taking that for a spin when Karen would've presumably needed it for work when she returned for her 'walk' . Why not mention that sooner? As for the dodgy fuel gauge that suddenly fixed itself ... wow; must be the first case ever to have done that.

^ Just to clarify, I meant Karen's brother-in-law / Borce's brother (might know something) - not Karen's brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkle5tar View Post
    Hello everyone, another new person here

I'm delighted to have been able to join this Forum at long last (I've been trying for absolutely ages but new registrations were showing as having been turned off for me, for some odd reason?).

Anyhoo, I'm here now and look forward to contributing!

I was posting on another forum but ... well ... ... if you know what I mean.

Interesting about Karen's inheritance, although split between two people (even if unevenly so), it's not that much money in this day and age.

I've always felt the brother knows something ... time will tell if he does, no doubt.

There are so many weird things about this case - the strangest so far for me was the mention of the Mercedes, and Borce taking that for a spin when Karen would've presumably needed it for work when she returned for her 'walk' . Why not mention that sooner? As for the dodgy fuel gauge that suddenly fixed itself ... wow; must be the first case ever to have done that.
    Yay! Welcome!

I think the money has been brought up as a wonderful attempt at leading people in another direction 'she had some money so ran away to start a new life'.. which is utter bullshit.

Car thing? Just keeps adding to Borce being a creeper/untrustworthy/nonsensical and probably did something to her. Also the phone being found was a step in the right direction IMO - and i'm with you on the bro, I think he helped TBH, or is at least helping try and cover tracks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

I think she suicided in the house and he hid the body so people couldn't accuse him of murder

What? No way. He totally killed her. The police can tell Suicide from murder.

A CAR possibly owned by missing Avondale Heights woman Karen Ristevski was captured on a neighbour’s closed-circuit TV system the day she disappeared.

Mrs Ristevski, 47, was last seen on June 29.

Her husband, Borce, has said she left the house to “clear her head” after a row over money.

The Herald Sun has learned that a resident near the Ristevskis’ $1.1 million Oakley Drive home has recently handed police CCTV footage, taken from a camera positioned outside her house.

The resident, who wishes to remain anonymous, said police had told her the camera caught a car matching the description of Mrs Ristevski’s vehicle on the day of the disappearance.

According to early analysis of the CCTV footage from the house, it may not be clear enough to distinguish the driver, or whether there was a passenger in the car.

Police are hoping that video-enhancing technology will allow them to zoom in on the driver.

Police have also taken CCTV footage from a Chemist Warehouse and a TAB in Milleara Rd.

But it is understood that this footage had failed to capture any vision of Mrs Ristevski or of her car.

Mr Ristevski, who initially told police he was home all day after his wife had left, later told detectives he drove her car along the Calder Freeway to check a faulty fuel gauge.

The fault corrected itself, and he returned home.

Detectives have interviewed Mr Ristevski and Mrs Ristevski’s stepson, Anthony Rickard, but so far appear no closer to solving her mysterious disappearance.

The search for Mrs Ristevski has been focusing on a number of rural locations northwest of Melbourne.

This followed the discovery that Mr and Mrs Ristevski’s mobile phones were detected near Diggers Rest and Gisborne on the day that she disappeared.

Sergeant Sharon Darcy, on behalf of Victoria Police, declined to comment about any CCTV footage under examination.

“The investigation remains active and continuing,” Sgt Darcy said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...al&mid=2207037

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    A CAR possibly owned by missing Avondale Heights woman Karen Ristevski was captured on a neighbour’s closed-circuit TV system the day she disappeared.

Mrs Ristevski, 47, was last seen on June 29.

Her husband, Borce, has said she left the house to “clear her head” after a row over money.

The Herald Sun has learned that a resident near the Ristevskis’ $1.1 million Oakley Drive home has recently handed police CCTV footage, taken from a camera positioned outside her house.

The resident, who wishes to remain anonymous, said police had told her the camera caught a car matching the description of Mrs Ristevski’s vehicle on the day of the disappearance.

According to early analysis of the CCTV footage from the house, it may not be clear enough to distinguish the driver, or whether there was a passenger in the car.

Police are hoping that video-enhancing technology will allow them to zoom in on the driver.

Police have also taken CCTV footage from a Chemist Warehouse and a TAB in Milleara Rd.

But it is understood that this footage had failed to capture any vision of Mrs Ristevski or of her car.

Mr Ristevski, who initially told police he was home all day after his wife had left, later told detectives he drove her car along the Calder Freeway to check a faulty fuel gauge.

The fault corrected itself, and he returned home.

Detectives have interviewed Mr Ristevski and Mrs Ristevski’s stepson, Anthony Rickard, but so far appear no closer to solving her mysterious disappearance.

The search for Mrs Ristevski has been focusing on a number of rural locations northwest of Melbourne.

This followed the discovery that Mr and Mrs Ristevski’s mobile phones were detected near Diggers Rest and Gisborne on the day that she disappeared.

Sergeant Sharon Darcy, on behalf of Victoria Police, declined to comment about any CCTV footage under examination.

“The investigation remains active and continuing,” Sgt Darcy said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...al&mid=2207037
    Spoke to dad about the fault - ex-mechanic/now lawyer, he agrees with us that it's BS. 'fixing itself' doesn't make any sense.

Phone being found also was the final nail for me/brothers stupid comment about her coming into money. Her hubby did it, bro knows, they think they're smart/rich enough to cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Spoke to dad about the fault - ex-mechanic/now lawyer, he agrees with us that it's BS. 'fixing itself' doesn't make any sense.

Phone being found also was the final nail for me/brothers stupid comment about her coming into money. Her hubby did it, bro knows, they think they're smart/rich enough to cover it.
    Yep.
    I got to the
    and literally laughed out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    Yep.
    I got to the

and literally laughed out loud.
    Yep. Fuck I hate how loooooooooooooooooooong shit takes.

The mother's mobile phone was reportedly tracked near Gisborne, 40km northwest of their home, while her husband's was tracked on the same highway, at Diggers Rest, about 20km northwest of the home.
    It was also reported that Mr Ristevski's phone was switched off for about two hours that day
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/32563091...mothers/#page1

I had to convert km to miles and see what it was. It shows it's about 12 1/2 miles. Right?
    Speculating- sounds like Karen was put into her own car. Borce drove 12 miles before he remembered to turn his phone off. Drove another 12 miles, cut Karen's phone off, then dumped/buried her body or drove a little longer for a spot.
    Then he drove back home. If his phone was off for 2 hours, then the time would sound about right (assuming that was the moment his phone was off for 2 hours) so maybe driving about 1 hour, then disposing of the body- 1 hour??

I've been reading this site way too long. I think I could almost write a book on things to do/not do when you plan on murdering somebody.
    Leave your cell phone at home would be at the top of that list.
    Borce is a dumbass.
    Last edited by bermstalker; 09-08-2016 at 12:45 AM.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/32563091...mothers/#page1

I had to convert km to miles and see what it was. It shows it's about 12 1/2 miles. Right?
    Speculating- sounds like Karen was put into her own car. Borce drove 12 miles before he remembered to turn his phone off. Drove another 12 miles, cut Karen's phone off, then dumped/buried her body or drove a little longer for a spot.
    Then he drove back home. If his phone was off for 2 hours, then the time would sound about right (assuming that was the moment his phone was off for 2 hours) so maybe driving about 1 hour, then disposing of the body- 1 hour??

I've been reading this site way too long. I think I could almost write a book on things to do/not do when you plan on murdering somebody.
    Leave your cell phone at home would be at the top of that list.
    Borce is a dumbass.
    I like your thinking. Yeah they were about that far apart 20km is approx 12 miles. Which is noooothing.

Dude from work who's on the hook didn't turn his phone off.. and he's in fucking IT. I don't get it. But again, like you, i'm... jaded?

A KEY piece of evidence has been sent to the United States in the hope that technical experts there can crack the case of the disappearance of Melbourne mother Karen Ristevski.

As the search for Mrs Ristevski enters its fifth month, the Herald Sun can reveal that Victoria Police has sent a potentially important piece of evidence to an expert in the US.

Detectives have also re-examined hundreds of hours of closed circuit television footage in their efforts to discover what happened to her.

Investigators have also recently spoken to the 47-year-old’s husband, Borce Ristevski, but he has not been formally interviewed again.

Karen’s daughter Sarah at Avondale Heights Police Station. Picture: Sarah Matray
    Extensive searches of terrain northwest of Melbourne — both on land and from the air — have failed to unearth any significant clues.

Police believe that Mrs Ristevski probably met with foul play and that her body was then hidden.

In the last week, they have spoken to her stepson, Anthony Rickard, as they seek to iron out details of his *account of his dealings with her.

It is understood that police do not believe that Mr Rickard had any involvement in her disappearance.

Mrs Ristevski vanished without a trace on June 29.

Her husband has told police she left their Avondale Heights home for a walk to “clear her head” after a row over money.

Her mobile phone and bank accounts have not been used since.

In late August, Missing Persons Squad detectives focused their attention on a “rural area” northwest of Melbourne.

It has been searched extensively but no clues as to the whereabouts of the missing mum have been found.

It is understood the couple’s daughter, Sarah, 21, has ceased to help police, in support of her father, who she believes has been treated unfairly.

Mrs Ristevski is described as being about 1.6m tall, slim, with shoulder-length brown hair. When last seen, she was wearing a black jacket and jeans, and was believed to have been carrying a Coach handbag and purse.

Victoria Police’s Acting Sergeant Melissa Seach said: “The investigation remains active and continuing. We will not be providing a running commentary on the case.”

POLICE are confident they will find out what happened to missing mother Karen Ristevski, as officers search rural properties northwest of Melbourne in a major development in the case.

Dozens of police including Missing Persons Squad detectives, Search and Rescue members, Mounted Branch, Air Wing, uniform members and the Dog Squad are searching rural areas around Toolern Vale and Gisborne.

Ms Ristevski was last seen at her home address on Oakley Drive, Avondale Heights about 10am on Wednesday 29 June.

Detective Inspector Stephen Dennis, from the Missing Persons Squad, said inquiries had brought police to the area.

“We have performed quite an extensive search of this area,” he said.

“We are looking for anything that can assist us with our investigation.

“It is the most significant search we have conducted to date.

“We are very keen to search this area as thoroughly as we can.”

Insp Dennis refused to say whether Ms Ristevski’s handbag had yet been found.

“We are searching grassland, farmland, we are searching wooded areas and creeks,” he said.

“It is quite an extensive area of farmland, wooded country and there is some fairly undulating country out there.”

Insp Dennis said Victoria Police remain confident the case will be solved.

“We are confident we will find out what happened,” he said.

Insp Dennis said it was a tough time of year for Ms Ristevski’s family.

“I’m sure it is extremely tough for them, coming up to Christmas,” he said.

“Karen has been missing for coming up to six months.

“I’m sure it will be tough for friends of the family.

“There has been ongoing (police) contact with the family throughout the investigation.

“We are looking at all options at this stage. We are not ruling anything in or out.

“The investigation is ongoing. There has been ongoing discussions with various members of the family.

“Various members of the family have been cooperative.

“We are speaking to all the property owners here.

“I would encourage any property owner who has seen anything unusual to contact police.

“We’ll be here as long as it takes to search the area. It is going to be dependant on the terrain. It is quite an extensive area.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...dcea9cf5bebf91

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I hope there is some closure for her loved ones. The hubby has always been on my radar.

Police will continue to search bushland and half-drained dams for missing mother Karen Ristevski, who disappeared from her Melbourne home six months ago.
    Officers combed Toolern Vale and Gisborne in north-west Melbourne on Monday in the biggest search since the 47-year-old went missing, and returned to the area with 75 SES volunteers on Tuesday morning, according to The Age.
    The rural area is about 40km from Ms Ristevski's Avondale Heights home, where the boutique owner was last seen around 10am on June 29.

Cell phone records reportedly place Ms Ristevski's phone in the search region on the day she went missing.
    A neighbour told the publication police had been in the area before - two months after Ms Ristevski vanished - which alerted residents, who them began to comb their properties for anything that looked out of place.
    Police returned once again with a helicopter in October, the neighbour said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-day-two.html

Detectives have seized several items and said they are now confident they will find out what happened to missing Melbourne mother Karen Ristevski.

The two-day search for Mrs Ristevski is over and officers left the Toolern Vale search area carrying evidence bags.

Detectives are also looking into whether one of her relatives may have visited a property near where the items were found.

The 47-year-old mother has not been seen since she left her $1.1 million Avondale Heights home on June 29, after an argument with her husband, Borce.

There are concerns for her welfare as her disappearance is out-of-character and she has not used her bank accounts or phone since.

Police, firefighters and SES volunteers returned to the Gisborne and Toolern Vale search area again on Tuesday and scoured it metre by metre.

Multiple search and rescue teams - including the Missing Persons Squad and the Dog Squad with the assistance of a cadaver dog are being used in the search. Photo: 7 News

Dams were drained as a specialist cadaver dog joined the huge search team, which included Victoria Police's mounted branch, the airwing and dog squad.

The seized bags contained items found in paddocks and bushland that could be linked to Mrs Ristevski's disappearance.

A Victoria Police spokesman would not comment on what was taken from the site but confirmed the search had been completed.

The head of the missing persons unit, Detective Inspector Stephen Dennis, said the search was ?the most significant we've conducted to date?.

?We are confident that we will find out what happened,? he said.

Det Insp Dennis said there has been ongoing discussions with various members of the family and Christmas would be "extremely tough" for Ms Ristevski's family.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/3362...ushland/#page1

Detectives have seized several items and said they are now confident they will find out what happened to missing Melbourne mother Karen Ristevski.

The two-day search for Mrs Ristevski is over and officers left the Toolern Vale search area carrying evidence bags.

Detectives are also looking into whether one of her relatives may have visited a property near where the items were found.

The 47-year-old mother has not been seen since she left her $1.1 million Avondale Heights home on June 29, after an argument with her husband, Borce.

There are concerns for her welfare as her disappearance is out-of-character and she has not used her bank accounts or phone since.

Police, firefighters and SES volunteers returned to the Gisborne and Toolern Vale search area again on Tuesday and scoured it metre by metre.

Multiple search and rescue teams - including the Missing Persons Squad and the Dog Squad with the assistance of a cadaver dog are being used in the search. Photo: 7 News

Dams were drained as a specialist cadaver dog joined the huge search team, which included Victoria Police's mounted branch, the airwing and dog squad.

The seized bags contained items found in paddocks and bushland that could be linked to Mrs Ristevski's disappearance.

A Victoria Police spokesman would not comment on what was taken from the site but confirmed the search had been completed.

The head of the missing persons unit, Detective Inspector Stephen Dennis, said the search was ?the most significant we've conducted to date?.

?We are confident that we will find out what happened,? he said.

Det Insp Dennis said there has been ongoing discussions with various members of the family and Christmas would be "extremely tough" for Ms Ristevski's family.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/3362...ushland/#page1
    I hope they get this shithead (hubby)

I wonder what they found/seized there?

Police have been searching around Black Hill Road in Gisborne South, a quiet area that has an air of creepiness.
    It is the same place Jill Meagher was buried in a shallow grave after she was raped and murdered in 2012.
    Locals are now nervous about what could be lurking on their properties as Mrs Ristevski is still missing.
    The Herald Sun reports locals claim to have seen the brother of Mrs Ristevski’s husband at an abandoned restaurant near the search area, that burned down three years ago.
    Some residents nearby have seen him at least twice at the restaurant, which was searched about two months ago.
    Police were drawn to the search area after phone towers traced mobile phones, belonging to Mrs Ristevski and her husband Borce, to the region the day she disappeared.
    Her stepson Anthony Rickard also lives at Diggers Rest, about 10km from where police were searching for clues.
    http://www.news.com.au/national/vict...ed314cba546c88

The whole thing is so weird. What is the significance of the burned down building?

The whole thing is so weird. What is the significance of the burned down building?
    Maybe somebody took Karen's body in the burned down building and burned her body?
    Or buried her among the debris?

I wonder if Borce and his brother were trying to get rid of evidence close to the stepson's house?

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    It does seem like a concerted effort to move any evidence closer to the stepson's home...the one who has been so outspoken about Karen and the abuse he suffered.

Liv found this - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ocial-facebook

So between where they found evidence, and where this body was found is only 24 mins..

I think it will turn out to be her.

Sure seems like it 😞

It's probably gna be her

Thread Information