Thread: Lauren Scruggs (23) survives walking into plane's propeller

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I never heard of Lauren before reading this today, I am glad she is doing so well and I never heard mention of any brain damage I thought she had suffered.
    Am most amazed because she is pain free, but I'm sure she has phantom pain from the hand that is no more.

Glaucoma runs in the maternal side of my family and I have two Aunts affected, one is legally blind and hers was present at birth and had many surgeries as a baby. She is blind as a bat. My other Aunt has a glass eye. My sister has been diagnosed, many years ago and her eyes are different colors and she has discoloration of the sclera in one eye, its always been like that. She uses eye drops for the Glaucoma.

About facial cuts, back in the mid 70's my sister was carrying an 8 pack of glass bottle cokes when she tripped in the foyer at home and fell on the broke bottles. Her left cheek was just hanging open, and was cut real deep. It was horrible and I cannot remember much else except it was the whole cheek. I think she was 12, she is 2 years older so, must have been 1975.

Dr. Still was her plastic surgeon and he went on to build the best burn unit in the country. JMS burn and wound center. He operated on her 3 times maybe 4. His goal was to make both cheeks look the same so he sanded (thats the term I recall) her right cheek. Her whole head was bandaged up just like a mummy. I still can't figure out why he fucked-up the other side. She doesn't scar well and no one knew that till it was too late. She doesn't keloid but she comes close.
    Last edited by u2addict; 06-03-2014 at 06:04 AM.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Thread Information