Page 283 of 298 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,075 of 7442

Thread: beauty

Quote Originally Posted by krisamiller View Post
    Random question...I was just wondering if anyone signed up for the survey I posted for the free mini-facial in July? If you did and I mailed it out, did you like it? I always like feedback on the products I give away or sell.
    I will go back and read through the thread and see if I can find it - I don't recall seeing it.

I'm going to get a haircut today. The days of trying to cut my own hair are over. I texted my hairdresser to see if she was still on leave, and I never heard back from her. I'm going to a new place that has good reviews. If they're decent I'm going to get highlights in a week or so. I can't deal with my hair being solid brown anymore.

I have these little white cotton gloves that are made for wearing after you put on hand cream. I have been wearing them to bed after I put this very concentrated cream on, but they're old. I had the same type of socks, but they got worn out and had holes in them. I haven't been able to find them anywhere and can't remember where I got them. They're really tight-fitting and may have another material in them like lycra. Does anyone know where I can buy new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    I have these little white cotton gloves that are made for wearing after you put on hand cream. I have been wearing them to bed after I put this very concentrated cream on, but they're old. I had the same type of socks, but they got worn out and had holes in them. I haven't been able to find them anywhere and can't remember where I got them. They're really tight-fitting and may have another material in them like lycra. Does anyone know where I can buy new ones?
    Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Earth-Therapeu...+cotton+gloves

I'm betting you can also find them at Target.

Quote Originally Posted by Missmandy9 View Post
    Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Earth-Therapeu...+cotton+gloves

I'm betting you can also find them at Target.
    Thanks. I wanted to go to a store and get them, so I'll check a Target. Otherwise, Amazon it is.

I actually buy mine at Ulta, but not sure if they have those around your area.

Quote Originally Posted by Missmandy9 View Post
    I actually buy mine at Ulta, but not sure if they have those around your area.
    I never heard of it, but I'll look it up and see if it's in CT at all. Thanks, I love those gloves. I washed mine with whites and soaked them in bleach, and they're all stretched out now.

i think they also sell them at sally's. the ones at target do not sound like the ones you described, but they are great nonetheless. i exfoliate mine first then put the lotion on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    i think they also sell them at sally's. the ones at target do not sound like the ones you described, but they are great nonetheless. i exfoliate mine first then put the lotion on it.
    I can't exfoliate my hands because they are so cracked. It's from gardening around rocks, and they friggin hurt. Last night I sliced my thumb when I caught the blade end of a pill cutter> I wasn't always so clutzy. I keep putting Liquid Bandage on it, but I can't sit still long enough to let it dry. I'll look when I go to Sally's. I was just there but it didn't even cross my mind.

Being in the town where I'm staying is dangerous because there are so many stores. My town has a 7-11, and that's it. There is every store you can think of here except Xmas Tree Shop. I love that store. I bet they have the gloves there - they have everything under the sun now. I went a couple of weeks ago and didn't have time to get to that department.

has anyone heard of this before? lipstick made from crayons...

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    I have an order with Amazon with the gloves included that I haven't finalized yet. In the meantime I bought a pair at Sally's. They were cheap, and they aren't that good. The wrists stretched when I put them on for the first time.

Now I don't just need the gloves for dry, chapped hands. I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and all of the gardening and using the hose has made my hands and wrists hurt. I also have a problem with one wrist and hand, and it gets swollen. I use Tiger Balm on the problem areas, and the gloves keep the heat in.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    has anyone heard of this before? lipstick made from crayons...

I've heard of it.

If you try it I wouldn't use castor oil. It smells like ass. If you have just regular olive oil or coconut oil that should work. You need to get the Shea butter from like a health food store or online. It's not the same like what you get at a normal store like target. It's thick like...well coconut oil if you've ever dealt with that. Just not as hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    I've heard of it.

If you try it I wouldn't use castor oil. It smells like ass. If you have just regular olive oil or coconut oil that should work. You need to get the Shea butter from like a health food store or online. It's not the same like what you get at a normal store like target. It's thick like...well coconut oil if you've ever dealt with that. Just not as hard.
    Seraphim - You seem knowledgable about various oils. I was in Sally's and saw Coconut Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and some others. What would you suggest for the face and neck? I have Argan Oil for my hair, and I love it. I also need something to put on my back. I had a sunburn awhile back, and it's still a little itchy. It's not dry and flaky, but I need to moisturize it, and I love oils.
    Thanks.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar
    The Argan oil you saw was in a brown bottle right? That's not pure. It's mostly for the hair. Pure argan is pretty nice though, if you can get your hands on some, it's pretty good for normal every day use.

The coconut oil you saw was liquid? It wasn't probably pure then Either because unless the Sally's was really hot, coconut oil is actually a solid. Pure coconut oil is pretty amazing for the skin. You can get it at a health food store if you can't find I at a grocery store. You could probably use this on your sunburned parts. The unprocessed coconut oil smells like coconut so if you don't mind that, it's an added bonus.

Don't use Tea tree oil in its pure form. It could burn your skin. You always need to mix it with something when you use it. It's more like an anticipetic anyways. Not what you're wanting.

ETA: this isn't what I use, I got my coconut oil from my vegetable co-op when they offered it recently but here's a link to what it looks like. Also. If you do get some its really great for your hair! I get some and mix it with some argan oil, mongogo nut oil and some tea tree oil and use it as a deep conditioner a couple times a month. It's pretty great.

http://harterhouseworldflavors.blogs...t-oil.html?m=1
    Last edited by Seraphim; 08-20-2013 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Fixin my stupids. Damn phone postins

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    I've heard of it.

thanks for the tips... i probably won't be making any, as cool as it seems. for me, it's permanent lip color or nothing. i cannot stand the whole constant reapplying or fear of smudging/bleeding that comes with lipstick. i am in love with those colors that you put on once in the morning and then maybe you need another application after you get out of work.

seriously, makeup in general is just not long lasting enough for me. i'm an awkward girl. i put shit on before i go anywhere and can't remember to do touch ups. even if i do remember, it bothers me to do them in front of people, even in a public restroom. at the end of a night out, i look in the mirror shake my head, vowing not to wear makeup ever again.

if i can get away with long lasting lipstick and some mascara, i'm a happy girl. i'm a million times more confident wearing little to none.

I'm trying an at home brazillian blowout on my hair.

Say wha? Where did you get this?

I'd be interested to know how it turns out!

It's called "Brazilian keratin therapy" by ever straight. I got it at the grocery store and it was around $15 bucks.

It came with a pre rinse shampoo and the chemical. Pre rinse and 80% towel dry your hair. Work in 2 inch sections (wear the gloves) and work the chemical in your hair. Comb hair as you work.

Leave for 30 minutes then blow dry your hair while brushing. Then the flat iron. You flat iron each section 7-10 times.

No washing it for 48 hours. It last 30 days.

One thing I can say---- my hair is super straight right now. Straight and greasy looking. I already want to wash my hair. LOL I will also be curious to see my hair after I wash it. I guess that's the real test.

Oh yeah...this stuff doesn't really stink. There is a strong smell of coconut.the box says- no formaldehyde added.

I was so glad to finally wash that crap out of my hair. My hair was looking rough.

After I washed it out, I blow dried then hot ironed my hair.

I give the product a D. I don't really think it would work on somebody that has super curly hair. It worked fine on mine, but I chalk the stuff up to a "heavy conditioning" product.

I really don't like the heavy conditioning products just b/c it always makes my hair so limp for a few days. I doubt I will ever buy it again.

Thanks for the update, it definitely wouldn't work on my hair!

So I went and made the crayon lipstick. I like it, not as lipsticky as I thought it would be, definitely more like a lip gloss which is perfect for me. I'm going to make a bunch more Monday with some of the girls I watch and we are going to add a bit of glitter to it because little girls love glitter. Anyway here is a pic of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

super cool missbad! was it as easy as it looks?

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    super cool missbad! was it as easy as it looks?
    It really was easy. I can't wait to try it again Monday!! I think letting the little ones pick there own colors is going to be a blast. Thanks for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

Collyre Bleu Eye Drops- I have bad allergies, so these are worth it for special occasions. Kinda pricey, but I love the,.

In response to my question a few pages back about skin routines....I have been using Physicians formula anti wrinkle cream around my eyes, and it has done wonders. I just turned 40 in August and was beginning to hate my skin, and it is really diminishing the lines. I highly recommend it!

Thread Information