Page 1205 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 205 705 1105 1155 1195 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1215 1255 1305 ... LastLast
Results 30,101 to 30,125 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Character witness for Jodi Arias pulls out, citing threats and inner turmoil

A woman who planned to testify as a character witness for Jodi Arias in a bid to spare her life decided Monday that she couldn’t go through with it, saying she had received death threats and was deeply conflicted about the case.

Lawyers for Arias, who was convicted earlier this month of the frenzied murder of an ex-lover, quickly asked for a mistrial in the sentencing phase on the grounds that a witness had been intimidated. The judge denied the request.

The potential witness, Patricia Womack, is a childhood friend of Arias who planned to testify about Arias’ abusive childhood. Besides the threats, she said that her heart went out to the family of Travis Alexander, whom Arias was convicted of killing.

“I couldn’t do it,” she told NBC News in an email. “I feel there is so much good in Jodi to be saved but then also someone’s dear life was taken.”

Rest of article here: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...r-turmoil?lite

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    Nurmi gets $300/HR not sure about Wilmott the MS gets $90/HR
    Sorry, I was unclear. I was referring to Patty having an Attorney appointed to her last week. Did I hear that right?

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    Sorry, I was unclear. I was referring to Patty having an Attorney appointed to her last week. Did I hear that right?
    yes, and I think the name was "Countryman"

Maybe this world is another planet's hell
    Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    is any one here in oklahoma :(
    I'm in Dallas and have family in OK. I've been through Moore thousands of times.
    I made a thread for the tornado/damage
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...-Oklahoma-City

Quote Originally Posted by DumbSisterAngela View Post

A woman who planned to testify as a character witness for Jodi Arias in a bid to spare her life decided Monday that she couldn’t go through with it, saying she had received death threats and was deeply conflicted about the case.

Lawyers for Arias, who was convicted earlier this month of the frenzied murder of an ex-lover, quickly asked for a mistrial in the sentencing phase on the grounds that a witness had been intimidated. The judge denied the request.

The potential witness, Patricia Womack, is a childhood friend of Arias who planned to testify about Arias’ abusive childhood. Besides the threats, she said that her heart went out to the family of Travis Alexander, whom Arias was convicted of killing.

“I couldn’t do it,” she told NBC News in an email. “I feel there is so much good in Jodi to be saved but then also someone’s dear life was taken.”

If this is true, it looks like what I said last week about Patti changing her mind due to the verdict is true. She is probably thinking that she didn't know Jodi as well as she thought she did.
    Last edited by M Joy; 05-20-2013 at 01:37 PM.

how funny, Nurmi failed to mention that other reason...

Aldous Huxley

dimedropper

A moment of clarity in the fog.......

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    yes, and I think the name was "Countryman"
    Would this be he?

[IMG][/IMG]

http://lawyers.justia.com/lawyer/ken...ntryman-689389

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/kennet...-lawyer-597395

must be the guy... ASU law grad like Willmott

eta: from today's State filing: "The following day May 16, 2013, the court appointed Kenneth
    Countryman to assist the witness. Proceedings were cancelled that
    afternoon to allow Mr. Countryman and his client to make a
    decision as to whether or not she would continue to invoke her
    rights and refuse to testify. Apparently the witness has not
    changed her mind."
    Last edited by dizzyp; 05-20-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by denn View Post
    Another murderess in the making???
    Unfair, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by gigiann View Post
    Ohhhh yeah and not to mention, the Defense of Jodi cost taxpayers in Arizona approximately $1.6 million
    What's funny is Jodi is from California and Arizona is stuck footing her bill. I'd petition Cali to pay for her azz.

The potential witness, Patricia Womack, is a childhood friend of Arias who planned to testify about Arias? abusive childhood. Besides the threats, she said that her heart went out to the family of Travis Alexander, whom Arias was convicted of killing.

?I couldn?t do it,? she told NBC News in an email. ?I feel there is so much good in Jodi to be saved but then also someone?s dear life was taken.?
    Jodi's friend has a conscience -- something Jodi lacks.

OMG! The motion by the defense?

They want the judge to read a statement to the jury that Jodi's witness won't be testifying during mitigation because her life was threatened?

Were they all smoking crack over the weekend?

New Eggtree just went up! :)

Nobody Loves Stabby Because Juan is a D*ck

http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/201...juan-is-a-dck/

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyGus View Post
    Just give her the DP now. Let her have her years of appeals, but in the meantime, put her on death row, with her two applicances, and her 23 hours to sit by herself and doodle her little fingers off.
    I agree

At this point, I would have to assume the jury is tired of this bullshit
    "Were you crying when you were stabbing him? How about when you cut his throat, were you crying then?"
    "The difference between a Stumbling Block and Stepping Stone is the Character of the individual walking the path"

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Unfair, imo.

What's funny is Jodi is from California and Arizona is stuck footing her bill. I'd petition Cali to pay for her azz.

Jodi's friend has a conscience -- something Jodi lacks.
    naw we don't want her you can have her ,she's to fat for me.That and Cali is broke too

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by PopRocks View Post
    I agree

At this point, I would have to assume the jury is tired of this bullshit
    Kinda kooky that she is pissing off the very people who could make her live or die........life or death is ironic

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyGus View Post
    OMG! The motion by the defense?

They want the judge to read a statement to the jury that Jodi's witness won't be testifying during mitigation because her life was threatened?

Were they all smoking crack over the weekend?
    Probably. That's the only legit explanation for today's fuckery

Lawyer weighing here with some tweets about what happened today, very interesting and she calls out Nurmi and Willmutt on the bullshit today, as well as not being able to keep their client away from the media/social media, definite must read.

https://twitter.com/garlandlegal

fuck! I really need to proof read

*in

OMG! How pathetic are HLN?

Also saw the Jinkasaurus flash. My husband nearly fell off the couch laughing...and shouting about not wanting to see any Granny Fanny.

How the hell do you get your husband to watch this? Did anybody capture a screenshot?

As for Chris Stark, has anyone ever given her a taste of her own medicine and doxxed the shit out of her? Just curious...
    Sneakers unloaded on her earlier. I haven't been on Twitter, but pretty sure Sneakers gave her a verbal beatdown.

Quote Originally Posted by elamir View Post
    Lawyer weighing here with some tweets about what happened today, very interesting and she calls out Nurmi and Willmutt on the bullshit today, as well as not being able to keep their client away from the media/social media, definite must read.

https://twitter.com/garlandlegal
    Thanks as always, elamir! Off to read.
    "I'm not talking about a person, I'm talking about the defendant." JM

Quote Originally Posted by loonywop View Post
    A moment of clarity in the fog.......
    Am I reading this right? She's saying that while she thinks there's so much good in Jodi, oops, she slaughtered someone so no can do?
    "I'm not talking about a person, I'm talking about the defendant." JM

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by jingles View Post
    Am I reading this right? She's saying that while she thinks there's so much good in Jodi, oops, she slaughtered someone so no can do?
    yea that's how I read it

Quote Originally Posted by jingles View Post
    I have a feeling she may have watched Steven and Samantha's VIS and she was moved emotionally.

Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    Sneakers unloaded on her earlier. I haven't been on Twitter, but pretty sure Sneakers gave her a verbal beatdown.
    i mighta done the same thing she needs to just stick w/ her big brother blogging

Nurmi' s phony indignation and posturing in court is tiresome in the extreme. His repeated reference to this trial devolving into the Salem witch trials is a joke. The conduct of this team throughout the trial has showcased their ineptitude and
    gross unprofessionalism.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Thread Information