Page 740 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 240 640 690 730 738 739 740 741 742 750 790 840 1240 ... LastLast
Results 18,476 to 18,500 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    The defense wants Geffner to testify now about TA's brain function after the gun shot based on Stabby's lies.

4/27/2013 NOT - Notice - Party (001) 4/29/2013
    NOTE: NOTICE OF ADDITIONAL TESTIMONY RE: SURREBUTTAL WITNESS

Geffner wants to play ME now. The defense ,jmo, knows based on the previous jury questions that her goose is cooked.
    Not too far back, was it you or Wasthinking that cited a judge's decision discrediting Geffner's testimony because he offered a medical opinion in conflict with an MD? Maybe he didn't learn or perhaps he might be thinking that he was right then and is right now. Now he's in front of a Jury. If this judge lets it in it might work.
    "Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    What woman in her right mind competes with the ex-wife? Jeese.
    The younger crazier version?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
    Not too far back, was it you or Wasthinking that cited a judge's decision discrediting Geffner's testimony because he offered a medical opinion in conflict with an MD? Maybe he didn't learn or perhaps he might be thinking that he was right then and is right now. Now he's in front of a Jury. If this judge lets it in it might work.
    Exactly! I'm sure JM's done his homework in preparation for the status conference/hearing in chambers tomorrow. I wish I had access to Lexis Nexus, who knows what goodies there are in there!

If the Judge allows this new fuckery I might just give up.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Right mind being the key words here. Only a Jodi.

Can we say that Jodi Arias formed a 'contingent' premeditation? Something like, (1)"If he takes me back, I won't kill him; or, (2) If he fails to take me back, I will kill him." Does being prepared indicate premeditation? Does that compare to the hold-up artist who walks into the store with a gun with the intention to only (1) rob, but is also prepared to (2) shoot if he encounters resistance?
    Last edited by Ian 1; 04-29-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    "Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

We know what Nurmi was trying to imply about Dr Horn. Det Flores isn't the first to be wrong on theory about how/why a victim was murdered and he won't be the last.

The defense had an opportunity to call Dr Horn at that very same hearing and at subsequent hearings. They didn't. Know why? Because it suited their purpose not to!

The defense has also had 4 1/2 yrs to have another ME give a different opinion yet...they didn't. Know why? They were afraid of finding out Dr Horn is right.

Now in their desperation they want Geffner, a PHD, not an MD and certainly not one who has performed 5 or 6 thousand autopsies to testify based on Stabby's lies about the sequence of the wounds.
    Nurmi was not implying anything. He asked Det. Flores what he testified to at the 2009 hearing and Flores answered the questions. Det. Flores did not 'misunderstand' what Dr. Horne had told him the previous day. Det. Flores had the conversation with Dr. Horn for the express purpose of preparing for his testimony as to what Dr. Horne's opinion was. Flores would have been very careful about understanding what Dr. Horne was telling him, knowing he would be testifying about it under oath. It was a big deal and not something Flores would have had any doubt about.

I don't know why Dr. Horne wasn't called to testify. I assume the defense had the same opportunity to interview him that Det. Flores did. The hearing wasn't about proving guilt, it was about whether the State had probable cause to find cruelty as an aggravating factor to seek the DP.

I don't see how Dr. Geffner has the knowledge to opine on anyone's brain function after being shot in the face. That would require a neurologist or neurosurgeon, IMO. What is Geffner, a PhD in Psychology? I don't think Dr. Horne, as a medical examiner, has that knowledge either.

Can we say that Jodi Arias formed a 'contingent' premeditation? Something like, (1)"If he takes me back, I won't kill him; or, (2) If he fails to take me back, I will kill him." Does being prepared indicate premeditation? Does that compare to the hold-up artist who walks into the store with a gun with the intention to only (1) rob, but is also prepared to (2) shoot if he encounters resistance?
    To me though that does say premeditation...I may or I may not...I still got the goods to do it ie. gun, knife etc..
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

What People Said About Jodi After The Killing

Detective Flores wrote a report after he was called to the death scene of Travis Alexander on June 9, 2008. In the report, which is 20 pages long, Detective Flores narrates his interactions with friends and family on the scene, and his subsequent interviews with individuals who knew both Jodi and Travis. This article highlights the references to Jodi Arias and other interesting aspects of the case.

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/what-...r-the-killing/

Easier read than the report by Flores (lay out/order) and hits the hot spots.

She owned an Infiniti sport model, 2 door. She bought it to match the one driven Darryl's wife along with her boobies and her blonde hair
    They know that TA had room mates riiiight? That she couldn't kill him when she arrived because one or both of them were home, riiiight? (In my best JM voice)

didn't she have a BMW from Travis? Or was that totaled in the "U-Haul incident"?

If contingent were a factor, then Travis unknowingly was responsible for his own death. We know that's not true. It was all in Jodi's hands. She planned it and she's guilty. It is NOT his responsibility for living or dying.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    didn't she have a BMW from Travis? Or was that totaled in the "U-Haul incident"?
    She wrecked the BMW by towing it on a 2 wheel dolly behind the U-Haul in 1st gear. She was going to give the Infiniti back to the bank because she was broke and couldn't afford the payments anymore. Her credit was either dying up or close to it.. She ended up taking it it back to Yreka after she wrecked the BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    I don't know why Dr. Horne wasn't called to testify. I assume the defense had the same opportunity to interview him that Det. Flores did. The hearing wasn't about proving guilt, it was about whether the State had probable cause to find cruelty as an aggravating factor to seek the DP.

I don't see how Dr. Geffner has the knowledge to opine on anyone's brain function after being shot in the face. That would require a neurologist or neurosurgeon, IMO. What is Geffner, a PhD in Psychology? I don't think Dr. Horne, as a medical examiner, has that knowledge either.
    Think about that. They were at a hearing about finding cruelty as an aggravating factor to seek the DP and they didn't call Dr Horn or get their own ME. Speaks volumes.

Geffner has no business testifying about the sequence of the injuries.

She wrecked the BMW by towing it on a 2 wheel dolly behind the U-Haul in 1st gear.
    that's a special kind of Dum-Dum

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    that's a special kind of Dum-Dum
    Actually, I think destroying the BMW was premeditated. She rented the dolly. She asked for an inconspicuous tow thingy. People were telling her to stop on the road and she just kept going until she knew it was destroyed. THEN she pulled over!

She wrecked the BMW by towing it on a 2 wheel dolly behind the U-Haul in 1st gear. She was going to give the Infiniti back to the bank because she was broke and couldn't afford the payments anymore. Her credit was either dying up or close to it.. She ended up taking it it back to Yreka after she wrecked the BMW.

Think about that. They were at a hearing about finding cruelty as an aggravating factor to seek the DP and they didn't call Dr Horn or get their own ME. Speaks volumes.

I think I know what the defense is doing. They are probably going to have Dr. Geffner do a "psychological autopsy". That's the only way he would be able to testify about Travis's death legally.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I think I know what the defense is doing. They are probably going to have Dr. Geffner do a "psychological autopsy". That's the only way he would be able to testify about Travis's death legally.
    Alyce already did that. He's going to discuss Demarte's BPD diagnoses and how she's such a rookie, she made a mistake and how Stabby farts rainbows and unicorns and has PTSD as per Samuels.

The defense also wants Geffner to testify about how "functional or ambulatory" TA would have been if anyone did believe Stabby shot him first. He wants to play Quincy, ME. The Judge will rule on this tomorrow.

Again, the 2009 hearing was to determine whether the State had probable cause to sustain the allegation of cruelty as an aggravating circumstance in order to seek the DP. The burden of proof is on the state to prove cruelty as an aggravating factor. The defense had no role to play here. It wasn't about proving guilt or innocence.

And I agree that a PhD in psychology has no expertise as to brain function after a GSW. Common sense would tell anyone that a naked man who has been shot in the face, even if conscious, would be no threat and his attacker would have ample time to flee rather than grabbing a knife and stabbing him to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Actually, I think destroying the BMW was premeditated. She rented the dolly. She asked for an inconspicuous tow thingy. People were telling her to stop on the road and she just kept going until she knew it was destroyed. THEN she pulled over!
    Ugh! I like nice cars (my dad designs race cars,kinda in my blood) and to think she destroyed a Beemer makes me ill. Yes I just showed a very ugly side to myself!!
    And it shows how ugly and vindictive she was.
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Again, the 2009 hearing was to determine whether the State had probable cause to sustain the allegation of cruelty as an aggravating circumstance in order to seek the DP. The burden of proof is on the state to prove cruelty as an aggravating factor. The defense had no role to play here. It wasn't about proving guilt or innocence.

And I agree that a PhD in psychology has no expertise as to brain function after a GSW. Common sense would tell anyone that a naked man who has been shot in the face, even if conscious, would be no threat and his attacker would have ample time to flee rather than grabbing a knife and stabbing him to pieces.
    I'm not a defense lawyer but just guessing that if I was trying to get the DP taken off the table I might do a little more than just challenging a detective's theory of wound sequencing, regardless of where he says he thought he heard it from.

Can you explain what that is? I haven't heard the term before, sounds intriguing...

The acronyms are creeping in and I'm not keeping up. What is a CTR ring?

Thanks anybody.
    CTR ring, it stands for "Choose the Right" it is worn as a "reminder" to make the right choices. I dont think it served its puprpose in this situation.

I don't know why people are puzzled about why Travis kept seeing her. I think most of us have known someone in an abusive relationship (and in this case I think it was JODI who was abusive to TRAVIS) who keeps going back for more.

I once had a friend who was in a terrible relationship with this douchebag guy who treated her like crap. For YEARS. I once asked her why she put up with him. Her answer: "I'M FUCKED UP".

We all know Travis had a tough childhood. Why is it so hard to understand that he might have difficulty with relationships as a result?
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

I smell desperation! DT is running out of time! Dr. Geffner is not going to be able to save them.

Can you explain what that is? I haven't heard the term before, sounds intriguing...
    Angela, no way is gaffer going to do a psychological autopsy. One needs a modicum of truth for that. He is limited to what he can rebut. Thus far the only thing he can rebut is DeMarte's testimony. That would be directly related to the BPD diagnosis. Maybe he could challenge the memory findings on the WRAT, doubtful though.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Furthermore, this crime was committed in an especially heinous and depraved manner. Death penalty!

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    I don't know why people are puzzled about why Travis kept seeing her. I think most of us have known someone in an abusive relationship (and in this case I think it was JODI who was abusive to TRAVIS) who keeps going back for more.

I once had a friend who was in a terrible relationship with this douchebag guy who treated her like crap. For YEARS. I once asked her why she put up with him. Her answer: "I'M FUCKED UP".

We all know Travis had a tough childhood. Why is it so hard to understand that he might have difficulty with relationships
    as a result?
    I think he kept seeing her for the kinky sex. Even though we now know he had some sexual experience. I don't think any of his prev. possible lovers have been offering him anythingclose to what jodi was giving him. Not to mention she was willing to continue being his friend with benefits after theywere no longer officially dating (aka booty call). I highly doubt that would have worked with any of the others he had dated. She was also willing to convince him that she was ok to continue having sexwith him while they both looked for a spouse.

Thread Information