Page 700 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 200 600 650 690 698 699 700 701 702 710 750 800 1200 ... LastLast
Results 17,476 to 17,500 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

does anyone else on here get knots in their stomach from this trial? I swear that my blood pressure goes up and the knots get tighter with the thought.............. that one juror believes stabby!

I dont know why some people are getting depressed. The facts havent changed at all, and this past week we have seen some good evidence introduced to disprove almost everything jodi has claimed so far

Today was a little jumbled, but overall imo nothing really changed in favor of jodi imo

I think the juror getting dismissed is what is bringing everyone down

I agree. I think everything went VERY favorably in coming to justice. I think JM scored some major brownie points with the jury this week too, in his speedy/effective examinations. While Nurmi was still slow as ever, and even somewhat insulting to poor Deanna; the jury will pick up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    This morning as I got out of bed to ready myself for the next to last day of testimony, I remembered something. Travis told one of his room mates that he was so tired - he slept only 45 minutes. Why? Because he was performing a protection ritual. My thought at that time was...Wow, why would he need to protect himself? Now, I am thinking that Travis knew she was coming and he thought he could prepare for what she had for him. This is why I am so against self-help books like the secret and mambo-jumbo law of attraction bullshit. It leads people into a false sense of security.
    Flores report said nothing about a Travis performing a ritual.
    Enrigue is the one that reported TA only got about 45 mins of sleep. But one must look at, Enrique is also the same person said he saw Travis that same night when he got home from work. We know Travis was dead by then.
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

This morning as I got out of bed to ready myself for the next to last day of testimony, I remembered something. Travis told one of his room mates that he was so tired - he slept only 45 minutes. Why? Because he was performing a protection ritual. My thought at that time was...Wow, why would he need to protect himself? Now, I am thinking that Travis knew she was coming and he thought he could prepare for what she had for him. This is why I am so against self-help books like the secret and mambo-jumbo law of attraction bullshit. It leads people into a false sense of security.
    EXACTLY THIS ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    So many in Cyberland was so busy playing cheering games and making jokes, that I think a larger part of reality is just hitting them now that they wouldnt deal with at th
    e time. Perhaps that is our modern day detriment on trials? Good and bad come in other words. The bad can influence in ways we can't yet measure.

I have a theory the way the lynch mob cheering style blind eyes have formed, we have gone backwards and will have to somehow recoup and change our cyber behaviors. I don't see that happening any time soon!

Take for instance the jurors. Some even treat it as a game and give them names. Names that might even be offensive to the juror themselves. Maybe a juror might not appreciate being called "grandpa" or whatever. Why not respect them, respect our system enought to simply refer to them by the common respectful uniform use of by number? Or reporting how one feels sure they will make foreman, basically watching them for the def even! Reporting who is taking the most notes etc. Interesting, entertaining for us, but, what 'damage' is it doing in the long run?

Then add in the wild theories, hate rants, death threats, people injecting themselves left and right. All things that greatly influence and thereby leave a potential to backfire. Even the newest crazy version out of JA - the Hitchcock shit, stemmed from web chatter and gave her the idea.

My theory has been watching this occur for some time and I think a part of what we saw in the Anthony case is an example of a terrible effect of this modern mode of turning trials into games and being the eyes and pulse for the lawyers. There you saw a Judge more concerned with the donut of the day and movie night for Christ's sake! Yet people still wave a flag like that made him a hero.

So ask yourself, is it possible the hero worship of JM had him over confident? Did the watchful eyes reporting help the def 'target' jurors? One question we know has been answered is, cyberland gave the killer ideas and plenty of attention to her art market.
    So very well said! and JA's need for attention and being the arrogant bitch that she is............. is what started it all!

Quote Originally Posted by olgasbunghole View Post
    does anyone else on here get knots in their stomach from this trial? I swear that my blood pressure goes up and the knots get tighter with the thought.............. that one juror believes stabby!
    I get the knots too, especially when I see his sisters and brothers cry. Strong ppl, stronger than I. But I think ALL this is now about getting justice. I think our tummies will feel better once the DP sentence is read!

BTW I asked earlier and can't find the answers.
    How long will the 1st deg sentencing be? Tell me it can't go on and on like the trial?

Quote Originally Posted by Mochachino View Post
    I get the knots too, especially when I see his sisters and brothers cry. Strong ppl, stronger than I. But I think ALL this is now about getting justice. I think our tummies will feel better once the DP sentence is read!

How long will the 1st deg sentencing be? Tell me it can't go on and on like the trial?
    Beth Karas said it can take up to 3-4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    I've heard that the dog is a routine thing. They go through the courtroom everyday.
    ya I did too and thought wtf, so all these attendees and reporters just never reported it before? I call BS, something don't jive.
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Jillee, Jillee, Jillee...have faith. Martinez will save the day and bring justice to Travis and the Alexander family.

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    If the defense knew about Dr. DeMarte's testimony for a long time, and if Dr. Geffner had already interviewed Jodi, then they should have called him during their portion of the case. Instead they wait until the end and then try to get the last word in, to leave with the jury right before deliberations.
    DeMarte testified during the prosecution's rebuttal. The only time the defense could call a witness to counter that testimony would be after the rebuttal, which is what they did. And DeMarte's BPD diagnosis was new to the jury even if the defense had known about it before. They couldn't call a witness to rebut testimony until after the testimony took place. No shenanigans here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mochachino View Post

I'm not sure of how long. Can only speculate. But it will include JM talking about aggravating factors, heinousness, etc. I believe there will be testimony or words from Travis' family/friends and probably Jodi's family/friends, as well as something from Jodi herself (pleading for her life, basically).
    I am guessing it could take a week or two if not more.

Flores report said nothing about a Travis performing a ritual.
    Enrigue is the one that reported TA only got about 45 mins of sleep. But one must look at, Enrique is also the same person said he saw Travis that same night when he got home from work. We know Travis was dead by then.
    i am pretty sure it wasn't enrique who said it - it was some random friend on hln who said travis called him

That's from Thomas Brown; supposedly an ex-roommate of Travis. Supposedly Jodi tried to point the finger at him initially.

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

not sure what that is... "Protection Ritual" is that a Mormon thing?

Quote Originally Posted by PopRocks View Post
    This sounds interesting, do you mind explaining what you mean by this "protection ritual?"
    Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    Where did you see info about a protection ritual?
    There was something about him saying he didn't get much sleep because he was doing a "protection ritual." Do Mormons do such things? Most Christians have their priest or minister perform ceremonies or give blessings. Wiccans do protection rituals. Is this a hint of Matt?

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    DeMarte testified during the prosecution's rebuttal. The only time the defense could call a witness to counter that testimony would be after the rebuttal, which is what they did. And DeMarte's BPD diagnosis was new to the jury even if the defense had known about it before. They couldn't call a witness to rebut testimony until after the testimony took place. No shenanigans here.
    Yes, but they knew what Dr DeMarte was going to testify to; they interviewed her prior to her testimony. Dr. Geffner had already interviewed Jodi. He had to in order to be able to be called now. Defense knew BPD would be brought up. They could have called their own expert, Dr. Geffner and cut it off before it began. "Dr. Geffner, do you believe Miss Arias had other psychological issues?" and then let him expound on them. They could've even asked if he thought she had BPD to cut it off before Dr. D even got on the stand.

It would be different if the defense didn't know what she was going to say.

do BOTH defense attorneys get to make a closing argument? (please say no)

That's from Thomas Brown; supposedly an ex-roommate of Travis. Supposedly Jodi tried to point the finger at him initially.

so very sad......... Travis was slaughtered by a SUCCUBUS!

ty! i couldn't remember who it was - but turned out he travis weren't that close and there were no calls shown going to him when he said travis called - plus there is no protection ritual in the mormon religion, maybe just a prayer to god to help

Yes, but they knew what Dr DeMarte was going to testify to; they interviewed her prior to her testimony. Dr. Geffner had already interviewed Jodi. He had to in order to be able to be called now. Defense knew BPD would be brought up. They could have called their own expert, Dr. Geffner and cut it off before it began. "Dr. Geffner, do you believe Miss Arias had other psychological issues?" and then let him expound on them. They could've even asked if he thought she had BPD to cut it off before Dr. D even got on the stand.

It would be different if the defense didn't know what she was going to say.
    I agree 100%. I think the judge had to allow it because she's trying to prevent appeal against herself/risk of having to re-try the entire case, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by alyoop View Post
    do BOTH defense attorneys get to make a closing argument? (please say no)
    Yes.

LOL i meant No. I thought that read do both defense and prosecution get to make closing argument.
    No. Just one. I have a feeling it will be Willmott since she did def. opening statement, but they could decide to change it up.

Clipped

So ask yourself, is it possible the hero worship of JM had him over confident? Did the watchful eyes reporting help the def 'target' jurors? One question we know has been answered is, cyberland gave the killer ideas and plenty of attention to her art market.
    Very well said! I think the DF did get a lot of info from the net and stoopid HLN reporting every detail - esp the mistrial on JW w/ photos and stuff. It would have been better for this trial to NOT have been on TV. The major evidence against her didn't change right? Just added to the games for the DF losers.

Is Zimmerman's gunna be on TV?

I am glad we were introduced to Travis and his family and friends on TV. He touched so many more lives than he ever could have imagined, unfortunate as it is.

Stabby doesn't understand how hated she is - but she will!

he slept only 45 minutes. Why?

both JA and Travis seemed like Night Owls-- in JA's cast to the extreme.
    Last edited by dizzyp; 04-25-2013 at 11:54 AM.

More re: Thomas Brown. The quote is apparently regarding what Jodi had told police. I just have the transcript not the actual video link.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The other thing that she says is that, well, you may want to start looking. She gives him a lead. "You may want to start looking at one of his roommates, a guy by the last name of Brown, Thomas Brown. That`s who you really need to look at. Because you know, if you`re really looking for people that`s the person who you may want to look at because I wasn`t there."
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...2/ijvm.01.html

So many in Cyberland was so busy playing cheering games and making jokes, that I think a larger part of reality is just hitting them now that they wouldnt deal with at the time. Perhaps that is our modern day detriment on trials? Good and bad come in other words. The bad can influence in ways we can't yet measure.

I have a theory the way the lynch mob cheering style blind eyes have formed, we have gone backwards and will have to somehow recoup and change our cyber behaviors. I don't see that happening any time soon!

Take for instance the jurors. Some even treat it as a game and give them names. Names that might even be offensive to the juror themselves. Maybe a juror might not appreciate being called "grandpa" or whatever. Why not respect them, respect our system enought to simply refer to them by the common respectful uniform use of by number? Or reporting how one feels sure they will make foreman, basically watching them for the def even! Reporting who is taking the most notes etc. Interesting, entertaining for us, but, what 'damage' is it doing in the long run?

Then add in the wild theories, hate rants, death threats, people injecting themselves left and right. All things that greatly influence and thereby leave a potential to backfire. Even the newest crazy version out of JA - the Hitchcock shit, stemmed from web chatter and gave her the idea.

My theory has been watching this occur for some time and I think a part of what we saw in the Anthony case is an example of a terrible effect of this modern mode of turning trials into games and being the eyes and pulse for the lawyers. There you saw a Judge more concerned with the donut of the day and movie night for Christ's sake! Yet people still wave a flag like that made him a hero.

WAS! I can't handle this information right now! Oh Was! :::::::sniffle:::::: WHAAAAAAAAAA!

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

Thread Information