Page 697 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 197 597 647 687 695 696 697 698 699 707 747 797 1197 ... LastLast
Results 17,401 to 17,425 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

So, regarding the defense's witness next week...

It's obviously more DT shenanigans. They've known for more than 1 year what Dr. DeMarte was going to testify about; including the BPD I'm sure. And yet, they only just filed with the court to bring their rebuttal witness in?

Jodi Arias' defense team has filed a motion asking the judge to allow an expert witness to rebut the prosecution's expert witness, a psychologist who diagnosed the accused killer with borderline personality disorder.

The defense filed the motion with the court Monday even though they rested their 38-day case a week ago. Arias' team of lawyers would like to call San Diego, Calif., psychologist Dr. Robert Geffner.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-...2#.UXlzzMqjbo-

IMO, this is nothing more than maneuvering on the DT's part. Look at how court ended today. Look at the whole week, abbreviated as it has been. Very high note for the Prosecution, very badly for the Defense. That should've been the end of it. Then Jury instructions and the closing arguments.

Instead, we're going to see the Defense team drag out this new witness, to try and get the last word. This has been their M.O. all along. Drag out court days and testimony, to leave the jury with their witness' testimony, for 3-4 day weekends. This is the same thing, except on a higher level. I don't think this should be allowed.

If the defense knew about Dr. DeMarte's testimony for a long time, and if Dr. Geffner had already interviewed Jodi, then they should have called him during their portion of the case. Instead they wait until the end and then try to get the last word in, to leave with the jury right before deliberations.

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Wow, nothing about trajectory at all. Wonder why? Esp. with all those "I believe"s and "I think"s from Horne...seems like we could have used one more angle to disprove Jodi's story besides the 'immediately incapacitating' line.
    I agree totally. and by trajectory, I am not talking about the path of the bullet, but the way it left the gun as she describes it. My god, the way she says it and the path IT actually took, its a cirque de soleil body distortion. the way the bullet went IN, she would have to be behind him, or her hand woulda had to some crazy ass turn to point the gun at his forhead and have the bullet go the way it did... It is completely the dumbest thing EVER. and there is lotsa dumb here. but Juan shoulda put that forth. there is absolutely NO way its physically possible it went down the way she says.

Quote Originally Posted by denn View Post
    How can a question show prejudice?
    Here's an example of a prejudice question I would put in the box if I were on said jury: "If that murdering whore shot him in the bathroom, wouldn't there be blood on the bathroom floor?"

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Well I fucked that up

Here's is Granny in happier times.

https://twitter.com/josemcyntire/sta...834433/photo/1
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Here:

I just want to take a moment to thank every fellow poster and especially MDS for a place to share this experience!
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseyDawn View Post
    The bullet did not exit the skull - it lodged in behind the cheek, which is still part of the skull. No exit wound.
    I know the bullet ended up in his cheek, as I stated in my post. Watch Dr. Horn's original testimony (Day 3) starting at 2:36. He refers to the 'exit from the skull cavity into the face'.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    idk - that question made sense since jodi testified thats where she shot him
    yah but didn't she also throw cupfuls of water all over the floor, to clean up, or make Travis easier to move? wouldn't been blood there, she fucked that up too!

Juror 8 may not have even been one of the final twelve jurors to deliberate. The final twelve will be chosen by lottery

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    So, regarding the defense's witness next week...

It's obviously more DT shenanigans. They've known for more than 1 year what Dr. DeMarte was going to testify about; including the BPD I'm sure. And yet, they only just filed with the court to bring their rebuttal witness in?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-...2#.UXlzzMqjbo-

IMO, this is nothing more than maneuvering on the DT's part. Look at how court ended today. Look at the whole week, abbreviated as it has been. Very high note for the Prosecution, very badly for the Defense. That should've been the end of it. Then Jury instructions and the closing arguments.

Instead, we're going to see the Defense team drag out this new witness, to try and get the last word. This has been their M.O. all along. Drag out court days and testimony, to leave the jury with their witness' testimony, for 3-4 day weekends. This is the same thing, except on a higher level. I don't think this should be allowed.

If the defense knew about Dr. DeMarte's testimony for a long time, and if Dr. Geffner had already interviewed Jodi, then they should have called him during their portion of the case. Instead they wait until the end and then try to get the last word in, to leave with the jury right before deliberations.
    I agree that he should not be allowed up there. But fortunately there will be closing statements just prior to deliberations. You can count on JM's closing statement to be extremely powerful.

I am done with this site. I have not watched this trial from day one, nor have I seen consecutive days of trial testimony. It seems to be, that I was taught in school - there is no stupid question. Asking questions is about trying to understand and learn. Forgive me if I don't want to walk through life ignorant. Some of these people on this site seem to have all the answers. I say good for them! But for me, I don't.
    It's not that, Denn. It's that we all benefit, greatly, from reading the thread and the conversations/subjects that have taken place before we jump into the conversation. Much of it is basic common sense. I hope you don't go, but if you are on an internet bulletin board....you need to have a bit of thicker skin.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseyDawn View Post
    The bullet did not exit the skull - it lodged in behind the cheek, which is still part of the skull. No exit wound.
    Dr Horne did say it exited the skull, it had to, to get into the cheek in other words. In skull, out to sinus, then to cheek.
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    I just want to take a moment to thank every fellow poster and especially MDS for a place to share this experience!
    I second that emotion!

I am done with this site. I have not watched this trial from day one, nor have I seen consecutive days of trial testimony. It seems to be, that I was taught in school - there is no stupid question. Asking questions is about trying to understand and learn. Forgive me if I don't want to walk through life ignorant. Some of these people on this site seem to have all the answers. I say good for them! But for me, I don't.
    dont take it so personal, this is just the internet

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    I agree that he should not be allowed up there. But fortunately there will be closing statements just prior to deliberations. You can count on JM's closing statement to be extremely powerful.
    Im not concerned at all about this one. The jury pegged Samuals and Alyce already. JM is going to jump out of his seat to show the association this next idiot has with Alyce! Done deal imo

do not let THOSE people silence you! stay, ask your questions and contribute (some people get some sort of rush by acting superior, they must be miserable in their own skin!)

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    Im not concerned at all about this one. The jury pegged Samuals and Alyce already. JM is going to jump out of his seat to show the association this next idiot has with Alyce! Done deal imo
    and hopefully this one knows how to answer a fucking question!

So...I was just watching random YouTubes that had been posted in twitter links today. One was re: the returning of the gas can. I live in Salinas and have been to both Walmart stores many many many times.

Until trial testimony a few days ago when they had the girl from the North Main location on, I had assumed she went to the North Davis location because her testimony was that she bought the gas can, went to starbucks, then returned the can.

The problem with that...there is NO starbucks in the same parking lot as the North Main Walmart. The 2 closest Starbucks are 1. in Target (technically in the same parking lot but around the corner and about a block down) or 2. down North Main in the Santa Rita Plaza.

There is a Starbucks in the parking lot of the North Davis Walmart location.

Minute 1:30 of Video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7anECy6Tyo is her testimony.

I know it makes no difference at this point in the trial. Its just one more lie and/or misdirection on her part.

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    Oh I agree. I just think it would've been even more powerful to leave the jury with this last week firmly in the forefront of their mind. We're going to get all kinds of fuckery from the defense next week, trying to overshadow that.

Here's a bio I found on Dr. Geffner.

Robert Geffner, Ph.D., is: Founder and President of the Family Violence and Sexual Assault Institute in San Diego, CA; President of Alliant International University’s (AIU) Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma (IVAT); Clinical Research Professor of Psychology at the California School of Professional Psychology, AIU, San Diego; Licensed Psychologist and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist in California and Texas; Editor-in-Chief of Haworth’s Maltreatment and Trauma Program, which also includes being the Editor/Co-Editor of four internationally disseminated journals; and former clinical director of a large private practice mental health clinic in East Texas for over 15 years.

He has a Diplomate in Clinical Neuropsychology and in Family Psychology. He served as an adjunct faculty member for the National Judicial College for 10 years, and was a former Professor of Psychology at the University of Texas at Tyler for 16 years. He has also been a researcher and consultant for more than 28 years. Publications include recent treatment manuals (e.g., Treatment of Women Arrested for Domestic Violence, 2002; Ending Spouse/Partner Abuse, 2000), co-edited books concerning family violence and child maltreatment (e.g., Identifying & Treating Youth Who Sexually Offend, 2005; Identifying & Treating Sex Offenders, 2004; Effects of Intimate Partner Violence on Children, 2003; Domestic Violence Offenders, 2002; Bullying Behavior, 2001; The Cost of Child Maltreatment, 2001; and Children Exposed to Domestic Violence, 2000), and numerous book chapters, journal articles and research papers concerning family violence, trauma, sexual assault, child abuse, family and child psychology, custody issues, forensic psychology, neuropsychology, and diagnostic assessment.

He has also served on several national and state committees dealing with various aspects of family psychology, family violence, child abuse, and family law. He has presented over 450 keynote addresses, plenaries, workshops, and seminars at international, national, regional, and state conferences or meetings.

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

This is my fault! I come back, get all comfortable, ready to interact with you fine people and BAM, dismissed til next Wednesday, WTF! Good thing I work next Wednesday. I can't stand seeing the defense's witnesses. Bunch of liars.

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but guys, I have little faith in our 'justice system'... As a majority, people are stupid. Prolees. I hope that she goes down in the dp or lwop, but this sensationalism has made me a skeptic based on OJ and ca...

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Juror 8 may not have even been one of the final twelve jurors to deliberate. The final twelve will be chosen by lottery
    Camille Kimball‏@CamilleKimball36m
    @ktbug1027 @azmatthews Dang autocorrect. TODAY not tray. Checking w/my colleagues, all agree he was here today till the dog came

Quote Originally Posted by Mochachino View Post
    Could the gun been a piece of shit and not functioned right?

I can't understand even though it's tiny how he was shot on the right forehead and it didn't have the velocity to exit out his thin cheek??? I saw hamburgler's video with that huge gelatin block?

I was gunshot first until today but I'm just wondering about why she would even use the same cal gun that was stolen from her GP since she had the knife. Why leave extra evidence. But gheez, why do I still 'wonder' about anything this crazy b does!
    Well it was functioning correctly since he has a shot to the head, that’s for sure!

A .25 is a VERY small caliber. The smaller the gun, generally the less force behind it – this is the same with the bullet and a smaller gun packs a smaller bullet. .22 and .25 calibers are known for "leaving bullets behind" - they very often do not exit. They usually have enough force to initially penetrate bone, but often not enough to exit. Not always, but its common.

These calibers can actually be more damaging when they do not exit as they have a tendency to "bounce around." Think of the amount of damage a projectile can do bouncing around a brain or arterial area. It likely would have exited if gone through an area that was primarily skin/tissue, but the skull is an encasement of very hard bone.

Also, for a woman, a .22 or .25 or good "purse guns" for defense - they are easy to wield and, because they are smaller and less powerful, they have minimal "kick." Our good friend that teaches weapons training always says (especially for women he teaches) "a hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a .45!"

And - I think she used it because she thought she covered her tracks by having it "stolen," and by getting rid of it later. She thinks she is very smart and worked hard to cover her tracks, but very few of us would be smart enough to pull off a long-distance murder (or any murder) and get away with it - its one person’s intelligence verses an entire team of experts and technology. No matter how smart you think you are, most leave traces…

so is the defenses expert going to regurgitate jodis lies again?

Quote Originally Posted by alyoop View Post
    and hopefully this one knows how to answer a fucking question!
    We have over 5 days to prepare for Jenny. Or Nurmi. I can't decide who is the lesser of two evils. UGH. I believe JS is going to limit this testimony to 1 day. I suppose that can always change, but she was pretty definitive yesterday.

Thread Information