Page 499 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 501 509 549 599 999 1499 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,475 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Thanks, Hun!! A you are just awesome! XO

Does anyone know what happened Jodi's aunt? I haven't seen her in court once since it was rumored that Dr. Phil was paying her mother to take notes.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchan View Post
    i would take a doctor/provider who has a fresh education over someone antiquated, arthritic, argumentative and eyeing retirement. Just my preference.....
    Maybe for treatment, but for a death penalty trial expert witness? Questionable decision.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Well, I was impressed with Dr. D's credentials and her testimony but her work experience is pretty thin IMP...got her PhD 3 1/2 years ago, only licensed as psychologist since 2010...seemed to drift after graduation, worked at one place for 2 months, the next for 4 months, both part-time, 20 hours a week, did maybe 4 evaluations per week, then took a couple months off before getting her license and starting her current job, which is pretty much when she did Jodi's evaluation...pretty green at that time it seems to me. If she was a defense witness Martinez would rip her to shreds on cross-exam on the basis of inexperience alone. Luckily for her, Wilmott is no Martinez...
    Absolutely, she is not an established professional at this stage. How many trials could she have testified in? Her employment history is shaky and she does not seem to be an expert in her field with any kind of substantial reputation. And she's trying to act like she was a licensed psychologist during her post-doctoral training as an intern/fellow/teacher. The Prosecution have left themselves open to some legitimate questions about her expertise.

I have to admit I was hoping for more than BPD from Dr. D...the criteria seemed to describe Jodi to a T (as much as anyone following the trial can tell, never having met her) but there must be more to it than that. I mean, plotting and carrying out a brutal murder, then acting like nothing had happened, totally normal, then all the bizarre behavior after her arrest? And NO remorse whatsoever? Seriously, there must be something besides BPD going on here.

Metis? Batman?? ANYONE???
    Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    I am sure there is more to Jodi than just the BPD....she most likely has a co-occuring diagnosis. Im not sure what though. And now that someone else saw the same thing I did I would go out on a limb and say it could really just be BPD. BPD's actually have feelings but they do not know how to identify them so she really could be feeling remorse but doesn't understand that is what that feeling is.
    I wouldn't underestimate the splitting that Dr. Demarte spoke of...it's like the switch was flipped from idealized to hating Travis. The devaluing of Travis can be seen in how she slaughtered him and dumped him in the shower. She left him so exposed. I'm thinking that she seems more complex than everyday BPD. I say that with tongue in cheek because no two people with BPD are alike. And my career was spent in settings where the most difficult patients go and that could color my view. Having said all that, i lean towards co-occurring sociopathy.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    and she's less than a month older than Jodi
    Quote Originally Posted by lisam2013 View Post
    Some states require completion of postdoctoral experience prior to licensure. Didn't she go to school in MI & MA?
    I am familiar with the psychology program in Michigan, it is a top notch program. Demarte is solid. The subtle comparison between Demarte and Jodi is intriguing. Apparently Jodi interacting with more seasoned clinicians leads to a disorganized cluster fuck. it got all twisty.

Quote Originally Posted by lisam2013 View Post
    I don't know either. JW was a little confusing with her questions, so I'd have to go back and see what exactly she asked. I don't think in AZ you need post doctoral experience for licensure. But, I'm not sure if she took/planned to take the test elsewhere. In MI you need 2,000 hours of Post-doctoral experience (completed within 2 years) before becoming fully licensed. When did she leave MI for AZ?
    Good question...no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmich View Post
    She was teaching the whole time. I'm thinking she wouldn't forget. She also got the position of director immediately after getting licensed. This woman is no slouch. Michigan State is a phenomenal school. I have no doubts she knows her stuff.
    Agree, she has impeccable credentials...just a bit thin in the experience dept.

Quote Originally Posted by MadameX View Post
    I believe what she said was, Arizona does not require the post doctoral experience but that she chose to put those 1500 hours in anyway before getting her license.

Maybe she was uncertain she wanted to stay in Arizona or maybe she just thought it would be good experience. But either way, it was a personal choice.
    I wish she'd just come out and say why she waited to get licensed, to clear up any questions/doubts that might be out there.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Maybe for treatment, but for a death penalty trial expert witness? Questionable decision.

Absolutely, she is not an established professional at this stage. How many trials could she have testified in? Her employment history is shaky and she does not seem to be an expert in her field with any kind of substantial reputation. And she's trying to act like she was a licensed psychologist during her post-doctoral training as an intern/fellow/teacher. The Prosecution have left themselves open to some legitimate questions about her expertise.
    Demarte can be a clinician with her masters degree, Just like Alyce. Additionally, to be asked to be the clinical director straight out of a residency says something good about her and her work. Jus sayin

DeMarte did say at the beginning of Juan's questioning that she could have gotten licensed right after finishing her PhD but chose not to because she'd rather gather experience prior to licensure. Someone here already said it was a personal choice and I agree, I see nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by lisam2013; 04-22-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchan View Post
    My father was a prosecutor; one of his sayings was: "You can't legislate morality."
    Your father is one smart man!

I loved the way Juan accidentally dropped the word "felony" twice!
    Ma'am, what is hard to explain about a person breathing or not breathing? what is so difficult? why is that a difficult concept for you?

Agree, she has impeccable credentials...just a bit thin in the experience dept.
    As we can tell from Samuels and Alyce, lifetime experience doesn't make for quality. Samuels looked like The Nutty Professor and Alyce appeared to be a throwback from the 60's bra-burning, man-hating commune-living activist. Oh, boy. I have PTSD from them on the stand. It was sooooo painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I think she is overstating her credentials a bit. No shame in saying "hey I've just got my license in Summer 2010, the same year I tested Jodi for a death penalty trial."

All this pretending she was fully fledged in her field during fellowships, internships, and educational stuff because she saw patients under supercision is weak.
    I was soo happy today when this chick called Jodi out! Quit being a buzzkill! Seriously

Quote Originally Posted by tinaturner View Post
    Welcome tinaturner! Love the pic. She still has the same bangs and the same scrunchy in her hair. Who knew back then that she would turn into Ike Turner?

The 30 - 40 year olds (as is JDM) in my family include a Social Worker w abused children, Occupational Therapist, Accountant, ER Nurse, VP of HR, Kenesiologist and Psychologist. They are all well grounded and knowledgeable in their fields and I respect and value their opinions in their chosen fields. I feel this age group have studied and are trained with up to date info.

Not to say we don't have our fair share of dysfunctional aunts and uncles cause Lord knows we have our share. Just saying I don't think the thirty somethings should be poo pood based solely on their age. KWIM?

Posted by Cocopop:
    especially the eyeing the retirement part--- I am retired & I wouldn't trust me with ANYTHING

------

This made me LMAOOO. I wish I could rep this.

Sorry I'm on mobile and can't quote, but for those earlier talking about CVs as if they are resumes, they are not the same. CVs are much longer and more detailed. They are used in the sciences and academia (maybe some other professions too I don't know). I have seen some long ass CVs from expert witnesses, pages and pages.

Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    I am sure there is more to Jodi than just the BPD....she most likely has a co-occuring diagnosis. Im not sure what though. And now that someone else saw the same thing I did I would go out on a limb and say it could really just be BPD. BPD's actually have feelings but they do not know how to identify them so she really could be feeling remorse but doesn't understand that is what that feeling is.
    I know no one else thinks so but I really think she has Narcisisstic Personality Disorder as well as BPD. In the interrogation room she is so concerned with her "reputation". It could also explain why she is so manipulative and lacks empathy.
    She believes she deserves special treatment and has a delusional view of her "fame"-example being manifesto.

As you have all commented on, Jodi Won't give this woman the time of day. She comes off as extremely intimidated by JDM. Jodi just sits there totally ignoring this testimony while coloring paper with her hair in a side ponytail like a little 12 year old girl.

Does anyone know who the blonde is in the picture with Jodi?

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    i think its her 1/2 sister on her dads side - she and her husband are the ones she went to, left her car and they drove her to the car rental place

eta: jodis mom mentioned her step daughter in the interrogation video

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post

It's her stoner friend Patty from childhood. JA was a bridesmaid in her weddding. I've read comments that this is the girl that was caught growing pot on the roof with her at age 13. There's 2 NG clips, but can only find this 1 right now:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/0...ks-nancy-grace

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    Demarte can be a clinician with her masters degree, Just like Alyce. Additionally, to be asked to be the clinical director straight out of a residency says something good about her and her work. Jus sayin
    True, but she did not practice as a Masters-level clinician for any length of time...went right into the PhD program after getting her Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by 2StarsOnMyBack View Post
    DeMarte did say at the beginning of Juan's questioning that she could have gotten licensed right after finishing her PhD but chose not to because she'd rather gather experience prior to licensure. Someone here already said it was a personal choice and I agree, I see nothing wrong with that.
    Okay, but what did she do with that time? After finishing her internship and getting her PhD in 8/2009, she worked 20 hours a week, doing 4 or so evaluations per week from 9/2009-1/2010, then took 2 months off to study for boards. She started working full-time in 3/2010 at the place she became director of when she got licensed in 7/2010.

So, 4 months of working 20 hours a week was the valuable experience she put off getting licensed for?

Quote Originally Posted by Sayub View Post
    It's her stoner friend Patty from childhood. JA was a bridesmaid in her weddding. I've read comments that this is the girl that was caught growing pot on the roof with her at age 13. There's 2 NG clips, but can only find this 1 right now:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/0...ks-nancy-grace
    yea theres a grip of pics here

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/...race-exclusive

Sorry zeebee, commented on wrong photo. I've got a few sites open plus watching trial video I missed from last Wed.

Can't figure out how to edit / delete my comment & not getting any results from search. Time to call it a night.

[QUOTE=PopRocks;3393047]yea theres a grip of pics here

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/...race-exclusive[/QUOTE

After these photos, the next gallery of pics is Travis' funeral. Am I the only one that thinks this is odd? I have never known anyone to take photos at a funeral.

Thread Information