Page 461 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 361 411 451 459 460 461 462 463 471 511 561 961 1461 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,525 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    This is Wendi Adriano talking to the jury during sentencing phase after she was convicted of 1st deg. murder. That jury gave her the death penalty.
    So I'm sure Jodi will be wearing civilian clothes in the court room still even after conviction.
    What's really spooky about that is that Wendi was a pretty attractive woman but by the end of the trial looked like an old hag. You can see that Stabby is following the same course.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmich View Post
    Oh, boy. Won't it be fun to hear Jodi's pleas to spare her life? Or will she do the manipulation thang she does and beg for the DP? Either way, I am going to have my barf bag ready.
    That doesn't come directly after the guilty verdict does it? Or at a later date at the actual sentencing date?

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    This is Wendi Adriano talking to the jury during sentencing phase after she was convicted of 1st deg. murder. That jury gave her the death penalty.
    So I'm sure Jodi will be wearing civilian clothes in the court room still even after conviction.
    snip pic
    They almost hung and -- She poisoned him, stabbed him, beat him with a chair, left him to suffer over an hour, stuffed a pillow in his mouth so the kids wouldn 't hear him ..
    but that the couldn't decide on heinous!
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    What's really spooky about that is that Wendi was a pretty attractive woman but by the end of the trial looked like an old hag. You can see that Stabby is following the same course.
    No, that's part of their "game" to look as plain as they can. Do you really think Jodi would allow herself to look like she does if she wasn't trying to portray "poor me". Even in jail, Jodi has no need to keep up her appearance. She's playing the softspoken innocent person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
    Yes! And this connects to the Prosecutor's focus on the picture of Travis being clean-shaven in the shower and all the preceeding seemingly irrelevant, (to some) questions about him shaving. In recounting the alleged rope/sex encounter told by Jodi Arias, she added the validating detail that she asked Travis to stop because his 'beard' was irritating her down there and she wasn't enjoying it. Arias stated that Travis did not shave between the time of the rope-sex and the time that the face shot was taken in the shower. The shower picture showed that Travis was relatively clean-shaven. Therefore, if he didn't have the heavy stubble when he was allegedly performing the rope/sex trick, there was no beard to chafe Arias 'down there' and, therefore, that validating detail was a lie, as was the whole episode. Therefore, there was no rope and no knife accidentally close-at-hand for Arias to conveniently grab and stab Travis during her self-defense fog.

So the focus by the Prosecutor on the state of Travis's facial hair was not a distracting detail. It was integral to disproving Arias's lies and served to support the allegations of premeditation. There was no rope. There was a knife. It was brought to the scene by Arias and it was brought there for the specific purpose of attacking and murdering Travis Alexander.
    Excellent points! I agree. I always thought the rope story was made up to explain the knife, but there did not seem any great way to prove it. Your explanation and evidence helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermomma View Post
    She said Jodi didn't have a gun or knife in her hands while taking that one photo (as opposed to the one immediately after where she probably does). The jurors aren't idiots.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHamburglar View Post
    I really don't think JM would have agreed to any stipulation if it in any way harmed his case. He would have rather met the witness in court in front of the jury and discredited him and his evidence then. At some point during the rebuttal case we will get a much clearer understanding as to why JM agreed to the stipulation. My guess is that he will utilize this information to help bolster his case.

If I were to garner a guess I would say that JM will state that, of course JA wasn't holding a knife or gun during that picture because TA would have realized he was in danger, and obviously fought back or at least made an attempt to get away. JA main goal in taking his pictures was to have TA in a vulnerable position in order to begin her attack and the weapon was not in plain sight until she began to use it. TA was ambushed by JA otherwise she would lot have been able to overcome him, and she knew this. Waving a gun or knife in his face while taking pictures would not in any way aid in her attack.

In the end, the defense is grasping at straws and I don't think this will help their case other than cause a bit of temporary confusion with the jury as to why this info came out the way it did.
    Excellent points, I agree completely.

Oh, boy. Won't it be fun to hear Jodi's pleas to spare her life? Or will she do the manipulation thang she does and beg for the DP? Either way, I am going to have my barf bag ready.
    I just hope the jury does not fall for her sob story when it comes to sentencing time.

This is bothering me, if there were in fact roommates there, why didn't any of them see the white Ford Focus in the driveway with no license plates? I don't remember anything about roommates mentioning anything about that. I know Travis had company all the time (open-door policy) but you would think they were asked what they observed when they left the house?
    I don't think she parked in the driveway. I think she parked up the street, probably where she parked the moving van previously. Parking in the driveway would be too obvious, after all her plans to be anonymous in AZ.
    Good morning, MDS peeps.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    They almost hung and -- She poisoned him, stabbed him, beat him with a chair, left him to suffer over an hour, stuffed a pillow in his mouth so the kids wouldn 't hear him ..
    but that the couldn't decide on heinous!
    I'm going to have to read up on her, crime and trial... bizarre and with parallels to this trial.

Maybe this world is another planet's hell
    Aldous Huxley

it will take at least 5 days and we will have to hear about her grade school lunches

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    You, of all people! Have you forgotten how heinous this crime was? What about the gas cans? The DVD remote! And she lied, Crickets. Multiple times. I can't believe you would ever criticize The Great One.

Katie's disappointed in you too.

Hahaha You've almost done yourself

The Prosecutor also has Photoshop and high powered computers.

It could be a wolf, it could be a cloud, or maybe it's Bobby Juarez trying to put it in Jodi's starfish.

Now you HAVE outdone yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by gigiann View Post
    Help me with something I'm struggling with. We all know Jodi went to mesa with premeditation. When she got there, why didn't she just shoot him and get out?
    She stabbed him in the shower and then TA didn't die like he was supposed to, all neat and tidy. He got up and staggered out of the shower to the bathroom sink and then down the hallway trying to escape while she was attacking/stabbing him all of the way until he collapsed. Then she slit his throat. After she dragged him back to the bathroom his body probably made some sort of noise (air escaping from his lungs through the throat wound?) and so then she shot him. This is is the best reenactment I've seen so far

Quote Originally Posted by Sayub View Post
    This trail must be affecting Nurmi?s new private practice - Sounds like he's got a personal vendetta.

Defense witnesses: Gus Searcy, Dick Samuels, & Alyce LaViolette . . .

http://archive.org/details/disorder_in_the_court (movie link)

Nurmi's new practice is defending pedophiles and rapists - not sure how much more this trial could affect his "reputation".

His website http://maricopasexcrimes.com/

The Three Stooges is bang on.

We know she had the weapons somewhere on her person. But the judge didn't point that out to the jury, she just said she Jodi not have a gun or knife in her hands, full stop. I think that ambiguity helps the defense more than the prosecution.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    Okay, I must admit.......I don't think it's a big deal, but I DO wonder why they made the stipulation about Jodi not holding a gun or knife when that photo was taken. I am talking about the reasoning BEHIND the need for a stipulation. No one but Jodi knows, for sure, if she had weapons in her hands or not. Those enhanced "pupil" pics are not reliable. I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady MacBeth View Post
    the pupil reflection photo's NOT coming in. the silly drawing over the pupil is not coming in. that's why JUAN stipulated so the photo shop fuckery is not introduced into evidence
    Exactly! The picture the Judge referred to yesterday with regards to the stipulation was the picture of his face only.

Quote Originally Posted by bete noire View Post
    Personally I think HE was the one to throw the bedding and such in the wash. I mean, they had just done the dirty on those bad boys so there was sex juices and KY all over the place. He was getting ready to leave for Cancun... he seems like the super clean type that wouldn't leave stuff like that lying around, ya know?
    TA put the bedding in the wash and then in the dryer. If you read Det Flores report TA's room mates found the floor cleaner out and furniture moved moved apparently by TA in preparation of cleaning the floors. After the sex while Stabby was showering and prepping her tools of murder, TA was moving on with his day. Stabby lingered and finally managed to lure him upstairs to the shower under the phony "photo shoot" pretext.

This is bothering me, if there were in fact roommates there, why didn't any of them see the white Ford Focus in the driveway with no license plates? I don't remember anything about roommates mentioning anything about that. I know Travis had company all the time (open-door policy) but you would think they were asked what they observed when they left the house?
    She likely didn't park in his driveway or even on his street. She likely parked around the corner near an empty lot that has been mentioned.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    I'm going to have to read up on her, crime and trial... bizarre and with parallels to this trial.

part 1

part 1

here is the story on wendy, and it has interviews of jm

reminder Court set for 9:30

Judge Stephans only has four other cases before Arias this morning but one is a complex capitol one with 7 defendants so 'on time' as usual might be up in the air.

http://www.azfamily.com/home/Watch-L...185415702.html
    http://www.wptv.com/generic/news/nat...ial-live-video
    Other than Jodi's trial, are there any others being televised from her courtroom?

reminder Court set for 9:30

Judge Stephans only has four other cases before Arias this morning but one is a complex capitol one with 7 defendants so 'on time' as usual might be up in the air.

http://www.azfamily.com/home/Watch-L...185415702.html
    http://www.wptv.com/generic/news/nat...ial-live-video

Positive thinking here for 930am --- I really wanna see the rebuttal case start and get this thing back on track

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    Which details?
    In the ME's report:

-bullet trajectory was from just above left eyebrow-->right cheek. i.e. downward, gun had to be fired from above TA, pointing downward. Her story that she fired at him coming at her 'like a linebacker' would have resulted in front-to-back trajectory, even if he was crouched down low.

-ME testified TA would have been "immediately incapacitated" after the gunshot to head, would not have been able to threaten her in any way or move down the hall on his own.

Self-defense is done, that's why Nurmi is flailing about so desperately.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    I like reading the appeals on these cases. It helps understand the process .
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    it will take at least 5 days and we will have to hear about her grade school lunches

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    Other than Jodi's trial, are there any others being televised from her courtroom?
    no
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

The camera is a right handed only camera. You cannot reach the shutter left-handed.

Put the knife in the hand with the elbow in the air (left-b/c reversed) instead of the camera -- stabbing left-handed (her strong hand) like throwing a ball...

The point is, it would be extremely unusual for a photographer to take pictures with two arms in the air like that guy's drawing.

Put it in front of the jury, Juan. Discredit his cartoon. (I haven't even addressed scale concerns.)

But don't ever limit the latitude of a juror's imagination for a crime that you cannot decisively prove how it happened.

Really disagree with the stipulation. (Can you tell?) I think it could come back to haunt the prosecution.
    Last edited by sheesh; 04-16-2013 at 08:25 AM.

I haven't back read, so this may have already been said. I was watching the replay of yesterday's events on Court TV this AM, and near the end of the debate about whether to enter the photo into evidence and have the photo guy testify, Juan stated something along the lines of, "I don't see a camera. I don't see a knife. I don't see anything other than a blotch. ...if I went to this place of business, I know I said that I saw a dog, it might be a German Shepherd but perhaps I would probably see a Mexican Chihuaha and that's the problem with this particular evidence. It doesn't show anything and it's up to interpretation."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9XhlOsF35s

1:33:35 ish

So, with the stipulation entered, while it doesn't make sense why it would be pointed out to the jury, doesn't really bother me as he clearly states it in the evidentary hearing. We do know that minutes after that photo was taken, there was knife in her hand and eventually there was a gun in her hand. We know this because we know she stabbed him 29 times, sliced his throat, and shot him in the head.
    "so he ejaculated on your face and threw you some candy?"

Quote Originally Posted by elamir View Post
    Positive thinking here for 930am --- I really wanna see the rebuttal case start and get this thing back on track
    WildAboutTrial 3 unsentenced inmates stand in front of Judge Stephens as she continues to hear cases before the #JodiArias trial begins.

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Really disagree with the stipulation. (Can you tell?) I think it could come back to haunt the prosecution.
    Quote Originally Posted by helloagain View Post
    So, with the stipulation entered, while it doesn't make sense why it would be pointed out to the jury, doesn't really bother me as he clearly states it in the evidentary hearing. We do know that minutes after that photo was taken, there was knife in her hand and eventually there was a gun in her hand. We know this because we know she stabbed him 29 times, sliced his throat, and shot him in the head.
    The "enhanced photo" with the chicken wing outline/chalk drawing is not going to be shown to the jury

The photo that was stipulated to was the picture of TA's face only. No reflection images. No "I see Jesus on a piece on a piece of toast or Elvis on a potato chip".

WTF is this?

4/16/2013 NOT - Notice - Party (001) 4/16/2013
    NOTE: SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE OF SENTENCING PHASE WITNESS

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

WTF is this?

Looks like a normal filing from the Def near end of trial. It is just a list of who they intend to call if she is found Guilty for the sentencing phase

WTF is this?

Nothing to be alarmed about. It's the defense adding/supplementing their sentencing phase witnesses. They have to notify the court and the prosecutor of any changes/additions to their listt. Same as what prosecution must provide.

WildAboutTrial Juan just swaggered in with black suit and a red/salmon and black striped tie. #JodiArias

I'm far more interested on who's on this list

NOTE: STATE'S SIXTEENTH SUPPLEMENTAL LIST OF WITNESSES
    4/15/2013 RES - Response - Party (001)

Bring on REBUTTAL!

Last edited by lisam2013; 04-22-2013 at 11:26 AM.

WildAboutTrial Juan just swaggered in with black suit and a red/salmon and black striped tie. #JodiArias
    And Nurmi with a salmon tie.

Quote Originally Posted by lorizfree View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    lol thats the one I made! :)

Thread Information